GGT #35 vs the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingBroly']14/24 Medals now after getting 22310 on Sewer Bat. Thank goodness for the Perfect Knight bonus. I cut it close a few times though.[/QUOTE]

A couple of those Extreme challenges had me ready to rip my eyeballs out and snap my dualshock.

I love that game though. Even the combat challenges.

Last time I shaved, I used a Shick Quatro, seemed to work fine.

This was in April 2008. Haven't done anything more than scissor trim since.

The last time I had no facial hair at all? Uh, probably like. . .2003?

[quote name='BlueScrote']What the hell is that unholy contraption?

I am confused yet intrigued.

I've always used crappy disposables with expensive replacement blades.
[/QUOTE]

Double edged razor, which is ostensibly the "correct" tool for shaving. I'd like to use a straight razor like a complete fucking thug (well, and because I really like Sweeney Todd), but this is the next best thing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You and your twitter and your video chats, I feel so used and abandoned.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you could always join in! Their fun :)

I got DJ Hero and Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PS3. I never really liked any of the "Hero" games, but holy shit DJ Hero is so much fun :hot:

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Haha, you could always join in! Their fun :)

I got DJ Hero and Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PS3. I never really liked any of the "Hero" games, but holy shit DJ Hero is so much fun :hot:[/QUOTE]

No cam. And besides, I'm shy.

[quote name='jman619']I used the pause button. I assume that made it freeze up for some weird reason?[/QUOTE]

That pause button has been the root of most of my freezes. Only pause in extreme situations or you'll get a big "fuck You!" from Scotty P.

[quote name='distgfx']That pause button has been the root of most of my freezes. Only pause in extreme situations or you'll get a big "fuck You!" from Scotty P.[/QUOTE]

Your PS3 hates you. I pause all the time... at first I was terrified, but I've had no issues. Sometimes it lags a little, but never a lot.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Your PS3 hates you. I pause all the time... at first I was terrified, but I've had no issues. Sometimes it lags a little, but never a lot.[/QUOTE]
Same thing with me. It lags a bit on the overworld map when I pause, but any other time it's perfectly fine.

Maybe the RPG elements are getting their revenge on you, ura.

Speaking of that overworld map, the house to the left of World 1 is just the Sound Test. Highlight "Score Ranking" in the main menu, then hit L1x2, R1x2, L1x3, R1x3, L1, R1. Shazam, you now have music.

Okay, fuck climbing the spiked towers in Hell in God of War. Jesus Christ. That was painful.

2epul5e.jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Okay, fuck climbing the spiked towers in Hell in God of War. Jesus Christ. That was painful.[/QUOTE]
Ya I just beat that game recently, and that part sucked... in fact I didn't really like most of the "puzzles" and challenges in that game; the story was what I enjoyed and even that wasn't all that amazing.

17 of 24 Combat Challenge Medals are mine now after getting 33,000+ on Shock and Awe (regular). That one was kinda fun actually. Even though there was a time limit, I think the farthest I got from it was like 15 seconds. Extreme though...for another day. Intensive Treatment, Sewer Bat (improvement) and Shock and Awe extreme challenges are all I need until Platinum.

EDIT: Make that 21 out of 24. Only Shock and Awe Extreme remains.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']Deuce....... Aren't you a reviewer panzer? And you never heard of Deus?
It means god btw for those who have don't know either.

Deus Ex basically means From god.[/QUOTE]

well i remember playing the game when i was a little kid and the the pronunciation has just always stuck since then =p. It's not like I have ever brought the game up in live conversation -- no one I know is much of a gamer :cry:

the only things they taught me in highschool english was that slavery is bad and that women are better than men in every possible way.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Your PS3 hates you. I pause all the time... at first I was terrified, but I've had no issues. Sometimes it lags a little, but never a lot.[/QUOTE]

You've just jinxed yourself, the game heard you.

Tried playing RE5 co-op unsuccessfully with a friend the other night. We didn't make it past the executioner. The split screens are too small and the framerate drops to something pretty low. Also, he wasn't very good, which is probably the main culprit. :lol:

Gotta get a copy of MW2 for cheap...those special ops missions are pretty great!

Welp, that was certainly an anticlimactic Challenge. The way people were talking, I thought it'd make me break my PS3 or something. 8th try, first one that I got to Rounds 3 and 4 in. Platinum #17, from Batman Arkham Asylum, is finally mine. Oh joyous day.

Now I wonder if I should play through Bionic Commando again.

I finally beat the hard boss giving me a hard time in Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, which was
Armaros Manifest
. Now I can finally play the game more (I have Edge on level 50). Sucks because it was the only game I really want to complete next, and since I was stuck, didn't really care about playing any other video game.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I can deal with slow wireless downloads for the convenience. To have a wired connection I'd have to keep switching from 360 to PS3 as I only have 1 ethernet cable and 1 ethernet port in the room.

I'm torn on Scotty Pilgrim. It's on PSN now, but I only have one controller.[/QUOTE]Buy a 2nd controller.

Frosty IS right on saying what I've been trying to say for the longest time, if you want the best PSN performance, forward some ports. Most people who are big 360 fans and ignore the PS3 tend to leave the 360 on the DMZ, then do absolutely nothing for the PS3, which explains the download speeds being slow.

[quote name='ninja dog']Tried playing RE5 co-op unsuccessfully with a friend the other night. We didn't make it past the executioner. The split screens are too small and the framerate drops to something pretty low. Also, he wasn't very good, which is probably the main culprit. :lol:

Gotta get a copy of MW2 for cheap...those special ops missions are pretty great![/QUOTE]

MW2 was fun, some of those missions were a bitch though. I finally said "fuck it, I don't really hop on anymore, I'm too busy with other games" and sold it last week.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Frosty IS right on saying what I've been trying to say for the longest time, if you want the best PSN performance, forward some ports. Most people who are big 360 fans and ignore the PS3 tend to leave the 360 on the DMZ, then do absolutely nothing for the PS3, which explains the download speeds being slow.[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, PSN is more ... tempermental ... about not having ports forwarded it seems... while the 360 only seems to change NAT type, the PS3 seems to have slower speeds because of it. It's seriously like torrents -- if you have the green check box, things *can* be quick, but if you have the yellow icon for "ports not open", your download speeds can suffer.

With the step by step guides over at portforward.com or whatever it is, most people should be able to do it. They're probably either (a) too lazy, (b) too intimidated (these people probably haven't secured the wireless network on their router unless geek squad or someone did it for them), or (c) just like bitching.

While you can't guarantee that it will speed up if you do, it's more likely and you can guarantee that it won't speed up if you don't. ;)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Same thing with me. It lags a bit on the overworld map when I pause, but any other time it's perfectly fine.

Maybe the RPG elements are getting their revenge on you, ura.

Speaking of that overworld map, the house to the left of World 1 is just the Sound Test. Highlight "Score Ranking" in the main menu, then hit L1x2, R1x2, L1x3, R1x3, L1, R1. Shazam, you now have music.[/QUOTE]

when you said main menu, I believe you meant "stats menu on the world map". I tried on the "main menu" for the game and it didn't do anything. :)

just beat it.
freezes: 0. :p

i think the last time I looked at port forwarding for ps3, there like like 4 different sets of ports I needed to forward, one for PSN, one for the store, one for the multiplayer. At least that's what I remember with SOCOM.

I don't play much with my PS3 lately. I still can't stand the DS3 triggers. Need to buy those real trigger dohickeys.

Man, it's amazing how impossible it is to find games/movies/CDs/basically anything electronics-related at retail now unless it's Madden or Twilight.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']hey mamesj, is bayonetta ps3 worth $20?[/QUOTE]

Doubt you was talking to me,but I got it from Gamefly for 15.99 and felt it was worth it. Although it did have some frame rate issues,but they didn't bother me.

Yay, 100%'d scotty P, got all characters, beat it with all those characters, got all trophies, got all assists, everything max'd out, etc.

Number of freezes throughout my entire time of playing the game... about 10.

I still need to pick up SP. I think the excitement of all the other games I've bought is what's stopping me from getting it at this monent.

[quote name='jman619']Doubt you was talking to me,but I got it from Gamefly for 15.99 and felt it was worth it. Although it did have some frame rate issues,but they didn't bother me.[/QUOTE]

mamesj = ninja dog = apossum

huge bayonetta fan, i think he owns it on both platforms.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']hey mamesj, is bayonetta ps3 worth $20?[/QUOTE]

As long as you never play the 360 version, you'll be fine.

[quote name='KingBroly']I honestly never thought that was all that difficult.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call it difficult. It was just far more annoying then it should have been.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']when you said main menu, I believe you meant "stats menu on the world map". I tried on the "main menu" for the game and it didn't do anything. :)

just beat it.
freezes: 0. :p[/QUOTE]
Nope, I did it on the main menu and it worked for me. Weird. :O

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I wouldn't call it difficult. It was just far more annoying then it should have been.[/QUOTE]

I would call the restarting at the checkpoint for the Trophy over and over again annoying, not the tower itself. On the PS2 version, I got through the first spiked tower on my first go. The second one however, took a bit of trial and error. Then on the PS3 version I had the opposite experience.

I'm going through Bionic Commando on Commando Mode now. Why? I have absolutely no idea.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Last time I shaved, I used a Shick Quatro, seemed to work fine.

This was in April 2008. Haven't done anything more than scissor trim since.

The last time I had no facial hair at all? Uh, probably like. . .2003?[/QUOTE]

Word, son. Haven't shaved my beard since some time in 02. fuck shaving.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Word, son. Haven't shaved my beard since some time in 02. fuck shaving.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Shaving is for pussies.

And I mean that both ways.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I shave once every couple weeks but I don't grow a lot of facial hair, I'm a puss.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bro. I was going to call you a puss who couldn't grow facial hair, but you did it for me.

I save 2-3 times each week completely. I like looking young.

Anyway, I'm pissed because I was playing Espgaluda II on my 360, almost done with the game. I noticed my 360 DVD drive sounded louder than normal (on my new 360), so I checked out the drive close up. Just as I touched the 360, I just got close enough to the eject sensor and my game was ejected, so I lost ALL the progress I made. :whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back