GGT 36 is better than anything JSP can come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarkNessBear']go back to the OTT your drunken one liners are needed elsewhere.
[/QUOTE]

Relax.. this is the first time I've made fun of you in a couple years. I thought it was time. Your assburgers is still intact.

[quote name='manthing']Relax.. this is the first time I've made fun of you in a couple years. I thought it was time. Your assburgers is still intact.[/QUOTE]
lmao

To be completely honest the most exciting thing about the conference was the new Infamous 2 trailer and the ME2 port. Im so glad old cole is back.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']To be completely honest the most exciting thing about the conference was the new Infamous 2 trailer and the ME2 port. Im so glad old cole is back.[/QUOTE]
What happened with the Tester? You don't have it in your sig anymore.

Wow, seems like every 4th R&C game is destined to do something odd and not necessarily good.

Deadlocked was fourth and that focused on deathmatch style combat ala the interesting sections in UYA... avoided it like the plague. Now All4One is focusing on coop? Interesting choice.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']To be completely honest the most exciting thing about the conference was the new Infamous 2 trailer and the ME2 port. Im so glad old cole is back.[/QUOTE]

I knew I liked you for a reason.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I still really want Bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

then get it. it's only $20.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']What happened with the Tester? You don't have it in your sig anymore.[/QUOTE]

Voting is done, son -- final 10, son.

I don't know why they even bothered to fuck around with Cole for Infamous 2.

It seems so desperate to manufacture a controversy by changing the whole main character and then revert back to how it was supposed to be all along like they are doing everyone some great service.

But I'll still get Infamous 2...I enjoyed the first game (just have to finish that last stupid island argh).

R&C All 4 One sounds like a real good time. I'm always down for some nice co-op multiplayer. And more stuff I can play together with my kids is instant Win for me.

Gamescon has rocked so far. I'm so happy about Ratchet & Clank All 4 one and mostly glad about R3 (even if I greatly preferred the 2nd over the 1st). I WILL buy SingStar Dance though. :D

I played some Disgaea 3 today. Been a while since I last played, but I still love it.

[quote name='gunm']I don't know why they even bothered to fuck around with Cole for Infamous 2.

It seems so desperate to manufacture a controversy by changing the whole main character and then revert back to how it was supposed to be all along like they are doing everyone some great service.

But I'll still get Infamous 2...I enjoyed the first game (just have to finish that last stupid island argh).

R&C All 4 One sounds like a real good time. I'm always down for some nice co-op multiplayer. And more stuff I can play together with my kids is instant Win for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think SP intended to create controversy.
I think they tried to use the "focus testing" to make the sequel more accessible... and it backfired a bit.

As for the new RC game, I can see it being good if you have kids, which seems to be how the series has evolved (devolved?) since hitting the PS3 -- the humor geared at adults has been toned down it seems, the weapons seem to get lamer and lamer... but games kids can play with their parents? There's value in that. :)

---

:rofl:

Yeah, I know you're right about the focus testing. Whoo, they need to fire them marketing guys who picked the group, though. That's pretty far off from what the people most likely to buy the game would've wanted. :p

Amen to family games! (if you have kids!). :)

And BTW, Happy 6th Birthday to my son! ^_^

[quote name='DarkNessBear']What happened with the Tester? You don't have it in your sig anymore.[/QUOTE]

I can't talk about it, so don't ask questions ;) Oh and Frosty, only one person get's picked from that top 10. The casting agency picks the rest of the cast members.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I can't talk about it, so don't ask questions ;) Oh and Frosty, only one person get's picked from that top 10. The casting agency picks the rest of the cast members.[/QUOTE]

Hm, does that mean they picked you?? Well, I did my part and voted at least. Go GGT!

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I can't talk about it, so don't ask questions ;) Oh and Frosty, only one person get's picked from that top 10. The casting agency picks the rest of the cast members.[/QUOTE]
Ohhh shiii yeaaa!

Such an epic voting process for one person. I knew they wouldnt put the fate of the contestants entirely in the hands of the internet.

[quote name='manthing']A co-op R&C and Clank has to be used in 4 player co-op?

fuck you Insomniac.[/QUOTE]

? Aren't they making it drop in/drop out?

I've never really understood why people like the R&C series so much... they're really competently built games... but they have absolutely no flair of any sort and I find it utterly unexciting to play one of them. The games are just kinda... there.

Oh, I see. Yeah, Crank is kind of annoying.

The weapons in R&C are interesting. It's just one of those 3D platformers that hangs around.

Speaking of which, isn't there a Sly Cooper collection coming out for PS3 soon?

Huh, did the CAG server crash? Lost it for a while...

[quote name='Chacrana']I've never really understood why people like the R&C series so much... they're really competently built games... but they have absolutely no flair of any sort and I find it utterly unexciting to play one of them. The games are just kinda... there.[/QUOTE]
Yea I agree. I love Insomiac I think they are an awesome developer (great company to work for), but they really lack any soul in their games. All there games are nicely done, but just uninspired. Kind of like the Rabbids; a forced mascot that they think we should all love but nobody does.

I miss having a nice dearth of 3d platformers. I think I'm one of the few that enjoyed the original R&C more than its immediate sequels

[quote name='manthing']Comparing Ratchet&Clank to Rabbids?

Ratchet&Clank started off great.

You really are stupid.[/QUOTE]

You are such a troll...

well I'm kinda hooked on Flower Sun and Rain now... loving it now. back in the suda 51 mood.

also finished 3d dot game heroes finally

also making it a point to finish up certain games I promised myself I'd finish:

Madworld
FSnR
Eye of Judgment PSP

and to re-beat:

MGS1
FF8

I have persona 3 portable and really am not getting into it. I've just started the first dungeon where they run you through the basics... does it pick up after that at all?

[quote name='Chacrana']I've never really understood why people like the R&C series so much... they're really competently built games... but they have absolutely no flair of any sort and I find it utterly unexciting to play one of them. The games are just kinda... there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the only thing standing out in the R&C games are the somewhat unique weapons. The platforming is dull, and the combat is simplistic. It's certainly not a bad series, but I've never been able to really get into them. I think they really need to try something new because the series feels the same this gen as it did in the original R&C.

The humour in the first 3 games was excellent.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I love R&C with all my heart. The only one I didn't wholeheartedly love was Deadlocked.[/QUOTE]

Smart man. Deadlocked is where it started to take a nosedive. 3 and done would've been good. To me, the last 2 games were mediocre and just sort of plodded along. After UYA, it just sort of went downhill for me.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Except that he's right.[/QUOTE]
I don't find Ratchet and Clank that appealing of characters. What happened the the first amendment bullshit?

I only played the demos for the last two R&Cs on the PS3, and was not too impressed. Never played any of the others, although I'd probably go for a BD compilation.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't find Ratchet and Clank that appealing of characters. What happened the the first amendment bullshit?[/QUOTE]
Ratchet and Clank enjoyed tons of success, which led to more and more games, which of course is going to result in people eventually being sick of them.

The Rabbids were never loved. All of the games they were in stunk pretty badly.

Your first amendment comment actually hurts my head from me shaking it so much.

Perhaps it's because I haven't played a whole lot of the original R&C games, but I actually enjoy the PS3 versions. Maybe if I had played more of the PS2 versions I wouldn't feel the same, but regardless they were fun games for me to play through.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Ratchet and Clank enjoyed tons of success, which led to more and more games, which of course is going to result in people eventually being sick of them.

The Rabbids were never loved. All of the games they were in stunk pretty badly.

Your first amendment comment actually hurts my head from me shaking it so much.[/QUOTE]
That was never my point. It was about pushing a mascot that is not as loved as the developer thinks. Ubisoft for some reason thinks everyone loves the Rabbids (as a character) and same with Insomiac w/ Ratchet and Clank (the characters). Naughty dog were in the same boat with Jack and Daxter; they eventually realized people did not care for them as much as they thought. So they abandoned them and made a good move forward. I don't think Insomiac realizes people don't like (THE CHARACTERS) Ratchet and Clank as much as they think and it would probably be better that they moved on either in the Universe or out of it.

Darknessbear and Manthing, knock it off. If you two can't play together, then use your ignore feature. Neither of you need to be told how to behave after you've been here this long.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Meanwhile, I'm going to feel free to express my opinion, as the first amendment continues to afford me the right guarantees to do so.[/QUOTE]That applies to public venues, I thought. So at Cheapy's site you still have to abide by his rules, first amendment notwithstanding.

Alright, I have to get up early to stock the Care Closet (food pantry ministry) at church, so it's time for sleepies. Night folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back