GGT #43 is sponsored by Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to ever play RE5, except for the demo. Looking forward to playing it eventually.

Right now, its taken me over 30 minutes to sync my trophies to my new system, so I still haven't gotten to play any Move games yet.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']RE5 was great. Is this a nerd-hate trend I wasn't aware of?[/QUOTE]

RE5 was mediocre at best. However, I want to play the DLC, since it's supposed to be throwback... so combine that with my trophywhore disease and I'd consider playing it again.

RE5 was a great game but a shitty RE.

I'm interested in Move, but mostly for stuff like RE5, Dead Space Extraction, Heavy Rain, etc. Whether or not it continues to have interesting games will determine whether I'll ever actually get it.

How can you say RE5 was even decent? The co-op was it's only saving grace in making it playable.

Every aspect of the game was a legitimate downgrade from its predecessor. It may be "enjoyable" in the sense that it wasn't a broken shovelware game, but it was truly unimpressive considering how long they worked on it.

[quote name='ninja dog']it's pretty much the same game as 4, in terms of gameplay. co-op notwithstanding.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall RE4 ever devolving into some Gears of War clone... :nottalking:

My problems with the game had nothing to do with the co-op, actually, though it would have been nice to have had "alternate" solutions to forced coop areas so you could play entirely solo.
My real problems with the game was it's absolutely pathetic excuse for a plot/setting (RE has never been good, but all the bullshit with Wesker and Jill? FFS.), the "I want to be Gears of War" gameplay, etc.

[quote name='KingBroly']AI Sheva was so stupid in RE5. Kinda ruined the game.[/QUOTE]

It's true.

Co-op should have been kept out of single player.

[quote name='ninja dog']it's pretty much the same game as 4, in terms of gameplay. co-op notwithstanding.[/QUOTE]

Same design, but shittier encounters. The bosses were terrible in RE5, and facing off against hordes wasn't anywhere near as intense as it was in 4.

I mean, walking around in a circle and planting mines was literally all a boss was in RE5. Or eating a sandwich while you hold down the fire button on a mounted machine gun, facing a giant monster who insists on swiping at you instead of crushing the entire vehicle.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']How simple is it to transfer saves to a new PS3? Could I just use a USB stick?[/QUOTE]

Yes, saves are easy unless they're locked.

• 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
• Assassins Creed 2
• Batman: Arkham Asylum
• Bomberman Ultra
• Brain Challenge
• Burnout Paradise
• Call of Duty: World at War (mixed reports)
• Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
• Crash Commando
• Dark Mist
• Demons Souls
• DJ Hero
• Dragonball Z Burst Limit
• The Eye Of Judgment
• Fat Princess
• Fight Night Round 4
• Godfather 2
• Guitar Hero: Metallica
• Guitar Hero World Tour
• Heavy Rain
• High Velocity Bowling
• Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
• Killzone 2
• LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
• Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
• Mega Man 9
• Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
• Mortal Kombat 2
• Namco Museum Essentials
• NCAA Football 10
• Need For Speed: Carbon
• Need For Speed: Pro Street
• Need For Speed: Shift
• Rock Band
• Rock Band 2
• Saboteur
• Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse
• Singstar
• Skate 2
• Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
• Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (ingame savestates are protected)
• Soul Calibur IV
• Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
• Street Fighter II Turbo HD
• Street Fighter IV
• Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
• Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online (mixed reports)
• Tomb Raider: Anniversary
• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
• UFC: Undisputed
• Vampire Rain - Altered Species
• Wolfenstein

List could be old.

Easiest way, perhaps, if you have the space is to create a backup of your current system and restore it on the new one, I think.
Personally, I just used the transfer utility.

[quote name='Chacrana']And as far as I know, Amazon Japan will ship books to the US, so that's helpful.[/QUOTE]
They do, but their international shipping is fucking expensive. IMO, not really worth it unless it's something you can't find anywhere else, or you're placing a big order.

[quote name='blueshinra']They do, but their international shipping is fucking expensive. IMO, not really worth it unless it's something you can't find anywhere else, or you're placing a big order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, shipping is fucking expensive. The only other place that carries it that'll ship to the US, though, is Play-Asia, which'll take a lot longer and it's really not much cheaper. The conversion rate sure as hell doesn't help matters either.

But anyway, I ordered it. I haven't played piano much in the last couple months, so this should be some good incentive to get back to it.

You need to do the full system transfer for those.

Also, why buy a Japanese PS2 when you can just mod any system to play any region disc?

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone play the Ys games? I kinda want the newest PSP one. Anyone know if it's any good?[/QUOTE]

I'd actually like to know the answer to this question as well for the exact same reason. Reviews online seem to be fairly positive, but I always prefer hearing it from a user experience.

ALSO, playing through some more Spidey, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Severely underrated.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, shipping is fucking expensive. The only other place that carries it that'll ship to the US, though, is Play-Asia, which'll take a lot longer and it's really not much cheaper. The conversion rate sure as hell doesn't help matters either.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, I went to Otaku.com to see if they had it. They do, but it's more expensive than either place (no surprise there...).

As for the exchange rate, tell me about it. It's terrible. My game OST and figure shopping bills have been way too high this year >_

[quote name='Cheska19']I'd actually like to know the answer to this question as well for the exact same reason. Reviews online seem to be fairly positive, but I always prefer hearing it from a user experience.

ALSO, playing through some more Spidey, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Severely underrated.[/QUOTE]

It's been out for like 2 weeks. How can it be under/overrated yet?

Also, does that stupid fucking old lady talk for the whole thing? Or does she mostly shut the H up after the tutorial?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's been out for like 2 weeks. How can it be under/overrated yet?

Also, does that stupid fucking old lady talk for the whole thing? Or does she mostly shut the H up after the tutorial?[/QUOTE]

Reach hasn't even been out for a week and it's overrated. I'm just saying I don't think it's getting enough attention. The spider lady doesn't talk a whole lot during the actual game, she mostly just gives you a couple of hints, and she explains the objectives. I really don't think she's that annoying...

My roommate is a Halo nut and just came back with Reach. It's unbelievable how unchanged the single player aspect feels ever since the original (not saying it's bad).

Saw some similarities to Tribes with the jetpack and grenade launcher. I miss that game =/

[quote name='Cheska19']Reach hasn't even been out for a week and it's overrated. I'm just saying I don't think it's getting enough attention. The spider lady doesn't talk a whole lot during the actual game, she mostly just gives you a couple of hints, and she explains the objectives. I really don't think she's that annoying...[/QUOTE]

She's annoying because she's old. No one likes old people. They're gross.

Agreed. I'll admit that the level design was a bit less inspired, but RE4 was literally almost perfect. It's one of the best single player games ever. RE5 isn't as good but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Gameplay-wise (aside from the co-op, of course) the only real differences I can think of are moving while shooting and a different inventory system.

[quote name='Cheska19']Reach hasn't even been out for a week and it's overrated.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually decide to pick it up (and play through it already), or are you just saying that because it isn't on PS3?

[quote name='Cheska19']Reach hasn't even been out for a week and it's overrated. I'm just saying I don't think it's getting enough attention. The spider lady doesn't talk a whole lot during the actual game, she mostly just gives you a couple of hints, and she explains the objectives. I really don't think she's that annoying...[/QUOTE]

It's not getting a lot of attention because it's just another mediocre spiderman game.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice'] Did you actually decide to pick it up (and play through it already), or are you just saying that because it isn't on PS3?[/QUOTE] I haven't bought my own copy, but my brother did and I played a bit with him a few days ago. I'm not saying the game is bad, I've played and 1k'd Halo 3 and ODST so I have nothing against Halo. I'm just saying that franchise is completely overhyped, the same way Final Fantasy and Call of Duty are.

Halo is overyhyped for sure, but it's still definitely a fun game.

You know what's not overhyped and should be? Phantasy Star Portable 2. Just started it and it's fun just like the last one.

Well, that's like your opinion, man.
I happen to think her voice was annoying as fuck. It's one of the reasons I didn't play past the tutorial.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Agreed. I'll admit that the level design was a bit less inspired, but RE4 was literally almost perfect. It's one of the best single player games ever. RE5 isn't as good but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Gameplay-wise (aside from the co-op, of course) the only real differences I can think of are moving while shooting and a different inventory system.
[/QUOTE]

So you acknowledge that RE4 was awesome but don't acknowledge that RE5 had:
(1) Pathetic boss battles
(2) Hit and miss AI for coop partner
(3) Resident Gears of Evil for the last 3rd of the game
(4) Possibly the worst attempt at story ever in an RE game, with Jill being brainwashed Nina Williams and Wesker being some sort of Matrix-esque Neo-like super villain?

[quote name='whoknows']The cover system was so bad in RE5 I can't believe they kept it that way.[/QUOTE]

Agree. I couldn't believe that all the sudden I was in a bad Gears knockoff. :(

[quote name='gunm']I wonder how RE5 is with the Move controls? Is the Move stuff just a patch?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But only for the gold edition.
I'd think it's very similar to RE4 Wii.

[quote name='seanr1221']Holy shit, I must be in full school mode. Just spend the last 3 hours doing school stuff and have barely played Reach today.[/QUOTE]

Sucker.

been playing a ton of Valk Chron 2 since I've been gone all weekend mostly doing business and getting near drunk (at the same time).

So far the story is meh, but the side stories I have fun with.

[quote name='Cheska19']I'd actually like to know the answer to this question as well for the exact same reason. Reviews online seem to be fairly positive, but I always prefer hearing it from a user experience.

ALSO, playing through some more Spidey, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. Severely underrated.[/QUOTE]

I liked Spider-man quite a bit,but it wasn't no Batman AA. I ended up renting Reach and beating the campaign. Also played some multi-player. Coming from a non halo fan I thought it was great.

[quote name='seanr1221']Holy shit, I must be in full school mode. Just spend the last 3 hours doing school stuff and have barely played Reach today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did school stuff this weekend too :(

I wanna make sure I got my shit down this week. Which is just as well, cuz I got nothing else to do

...till I get my piano shit. Yeeeeuh. :cool:

uh... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back