GGT #43 is sponsored by Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are. I'm too lazy to use them :lol: the PS2 games I'm playing right now are all like $5 or less, so I'd pay for the convenience over playing for free.

What PS2 imports are you playing these days chac?

Man, I think Halo Reach is broken haha. I'm up to Mission 4: Nightfall on Legendary and I think that the other Spartan I was with got knocked off a cliff by a Hunter and isn't ever coming back.

Nintendo has no reason to release before Xmas. Their last few DS models have been released in the spring/summer and have done very well. As long as they don't fuck up with the marketing/pricing/availability, they'll do just fine with the 3DS.

[quote name='seanr1221']March 6, 199.99.[/QUOTE]

That'd be so awesome for me.

I think it'll be released on November 21st, at $200 or $250 (with a pack-in).

If the 3DS is anything over $200, I don't think Im going to buy it. And I still stand by my prediction that it will be released in the Spring of 2011.

[quote name='ninja dog']they are. I'm too lazy to use them :lol: the PS2 games I'm playing right now are all like $5 or less, so I'd pay for the convenience over playing for free.

What PS2 imports are you playing these days chac?[/QUOTE]

Well... none. That's why I need the system :lol:

but when I get it, it's going to be lots of Beatmania IIDX, and I want to play Espgaluda again. I've gotten way better at shmups since the last time I played it (which was like... last august) and I want to see if I'm up to 1cc'ing that game now. Other than that, I've been meaning to finally try out those copies of Psyvariar 2 and Metal Slug 6 I've had on my shelf. And I want to play Hokuto no Ken.

I'm also seeing if there's any import stuff that I missed over the years for PS2 and PS1. So far, only Gradius Gaiden and Zanac X Zanac come to mind, but I'm not sure I want those.

[quote name='Cheska19']If the 3DS is anything over $200, I don't think Im going to buy it. And I still stand by my prediction that it will be released in the Spring of 2011.[/QUOTE]

$200 would already seem like way too much. Anything over that I wouldn't consider it.

It does bring up the question though, how well would the 3DS sell if it was $200+ ?

[quote name='whoknows']$200 would already seem like way too much. Anything over that I wouldn't consider it.

It does bring up the question though, how well would the 3DS sell if it was $200+ ?[/QUOTE]

If the 3DS is over $200 it will be a disaster IMO. The PSPGO already tried to go that route, and look how well that did :roll: Let's be completely honest, how many people would spend $250 on a portable system with subpar graphics, and a mixed library of games? I love my DS, but 3/4 of the games released are either shovelwear or kiddie titles. If I were a new to the videogame world, I would much rather spend that money towards a home console instead.

$200 for the system and $250 for a bundle sounds perfectly reasonable to me, actually. People have been buying PSPs at around the $200 range and the system is half a decade old -- with a less than stellar library, and while competing against Nintendo's DS. Yet Sony still has done well with it. The Go only failed because even before the price was announced people saw it as a legitimate downgrade from the 3000.

So a new Nintendo handheld with sweet specs and 3D, priced at $200-$250 is very realistic, and would be quite nice IMO. Anything below $200 would be impressive to me.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well... none. That's why I need the system :lol:

but when I get it, it's going to be lots of Beatmania IIDX, and I want to play Espgaluda again. I've gotten way better at shmups since the last time I played it (which was like... last august) and I want to see if I'm up to 1cc'ing that game now. Other than that, I've been meaning to finally try out those copies of Psyvariar 2 and Metal Slug 6 I've had on my shelf. And I want to play Hokuto no Ken.

I'm also seeing if there's any import stuff that I missed over the years for PS2 and PS1. So far, only Gradius Gaiden and Zanac X Zanac come to mind, but I'm not sure I want those.[/QUOTE]

cool.

I've always wanted to try Zanac x Zanac, but it's like $200 for a copy and so obscure there aren't even torrents for it. The NES game is still awesome.

[quote name='icebeast']Man, I think Halo Reach is broken haha. I'm up to Mission 4: Nightfall on Legendary and I think that the other Spartan I was with got knocked off a cliff by a Hunter and isn't ever coming back.[/QUOTE]

I think the allied AI in the campaign is actually worse than previous entries. Especially the vehicle sections. They are damn terrible when it comes to both driving and shooting with the vehicles.

[quote name='seanr1221']What's your price range?

Also, are you in their gamer club? It should count as a game accessory, and almost get you 10.00 back. But it might not count...[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer sub-$100, but at this piont I don't think that's gonna happen. I might be in the gamer's club. I am a reward zone member though. Getting the wireless version of those (x41s I think) would be nice too, but those are like $200 I think.

[quote name='Cheska19']If the 3DS is over $200 it will be a disaster IMO. The PSPGO already tried to go that route, and look how well that did :roll: Let's be completely honest, how many people would spend $250 on a portable system with subpar graphics, and a mixed library of games? I love my DS, but 3/4 of the games released are either shovelwear or kiddie titles. If I were a new to the videogame world, I would much rather spend that money towards a home console instead.[/QUOTE]

PSPGo added no incentive or upgrade to the already existing and failing PSP platform. Hi, guess what, rebuy all your games, and some of them won't be available to you. Ever. Ha ha.

3DS has better HW, 3DS, an analog nub, a seemingly impressive lineup, and backwards compatability with the DS/DSi. They'll probably come in somewhere between 189.99 and 239.99.

[quote name='Chacrana']Ooooh, I found the FFXIII Piano Collections sheet music on Amazon.co.jp. Gonna order that today for sure.[/QUOTE]

Could you link it? I think I can only find the actual album.

[quote name='icebeast']Man, I think Halo Reach is broken haha. I'm up to Mission 4: Nightfall on Legendary and I think that the other Spartan I was with got knocked off a cliff by a Hunter and isn't ever coming back.[/QUOTE]
He should reappear, I had the same thing happen to Kat in one of the levels. She respawned beside me and continued getting fucked up by the Hunters. It was funny.

I would buy Nintendo 3DS for $199.99. Anything more would make me pause.

The Import PS2 talk made me fire up mine since I haven't used it in a long while.

I popped in Dodonpachi Daijouou...holy cow I forgot how hard that game is.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']PSPGo added no incentive or upgrade to the already existing and failing PSP platform. Hi, guess what, rebuy all your games, and some of them won't be available to you. Ever. Ha ha.

3DS has better HW, 3DS, an analog nub, a seemingly impressive lineup, and backwards compatability with the DS/DSi. They'll probably come in somewhere between 189.99 and 239.99.[/QUOTE]

While that is all true, I really don't think the system itself should sell more than $200. Besides core gamers, not a whole lot of people are going to want to spend that much on a DS. The reason so many parents buy a DS for their kids is because of how affordable they are, so if Nintendo decides to charge so much for this, it'll be roadkill. Were in a fucking recession, this economy is worse than dung, yet these companies still incist on raping us with their overpriced items.

It's still realistic, they aren't trying to run a charity here. And I never understood people who buy new systems at release. They drop fairly fast, get improved models, and their game libraries are nothing short of terrible at release.

People bought a PS3 for $600 so they could play an outdated shooter (Resistance) and fucking Genji Blade. Just have an ounce of patience, buy a DS Lite for like $100 and enjoy a huge library of heavily discounted great titles -- for even just a year while you wait for the 3DS to become more affordable (and more attractive).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP
And as far as I know, Amazon Japan will ship books to the US, so that's helpful.
Do you actually play?
Thanks. And I'm actually pretty terrible but I will sit down for however long it takes to play half of an FF song. I always find it really enjoyable to do so.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's still realistic, they aren't trying to run a charity here. And I never understood people who buy new systems at release. They drop fairly fast, and their game libraries are nothing short of terrible at release.

People bought a PS3 for $600 so they could play an outdated shooter (Resitance) and fucking Genji Blade. Just have an ounce of patience, buy a DS Lite for like $100 and enjoy a huge library of heavily discounted great titles -- for even just a year while you wait for the 3DS to become more affordable.

Thanks. And I'm actually pretty terrible but I will sit down for however long it takes to play half of an FF song. I always find it really enjoyable to do so.[/QUOTE]

But if the 3DS has even a handful of the games announced at E3 at launch, it'll be a pretty solid line up. and jeez, if MGS3 is at launch, i'll have a gigantic nerdgasm. It'll almost definitely be $200. If it isn't, Nintendo is not shooting for the blue ocean.

the ps3 launch was disgusting. i can't believe people were paying $2000-3000 on ebay for them.

[quote name='ninja dog']But if the 3DS has even a handful of the games announced at E3 at launch, it'll be a pretty solid line up. and jeez, if MGS3 is at launch, i'll have a gigantic nerdgasm. It'll almost definitely be $200. If it isn't, Nintendo is not shooting for the blue ocean.

the ps3 launch was disgusting. i can't believe people were paying $2000-3000 on ebay for them.[/QUOTE]

I agree the 3DS is looking more solid than most releases. But you might as well wait for a new model upgrade and for all the other big titles to start rolling in before you bite.

[quote name='Cheska19']While that is all true, I really don't think the system itself should sell more than $200. Besides core gamers, not a whole lot of people are going to want to spend that much on a DS. The reason so many parents buy a DS for their kids is because of how affordable they are, so if Nintendo decides to charge so much for this, it'll be roadkill. Were in a fucking recession, this economy is worse than dung, yet these companies still incist on raping us with their overpriced items.[/QUOTE]

You must've missed the current infatuation with 3D.

You're telling me I can get my kid a 3D console, albeit hand held where he (1) doesn't need a $300 console + $1000 TV + glasses where (2) games should routinely cost LESS than the standard price of today's consoles and (3) he can use all of his existing DS games on it?

Shit would sell like FIRE at $250... never underestimate the power of whining children.

And if you commute a lot via public transportation, the price is obviously much more justifiable (especially for Japanese people, I would assume).

3DS is going to be a hot commodity, no question. They'll sell like hotcakes at $250 and the eBay resellers are going to have a field day, just like every hot tech gadget.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You must've missed the current infatuation with 3D.

You're telling me I can get my kid a 3D console, albeit hand held where he (1) doesn't need a $300 console + $1000 TV + glasses where (2) games should routinely cost LESS than the standard price of today's consoles and (3) he can use all of his existing DS games on it?

Shit would sell like FIRE at $250... never underestimate the power of whining children.[/QUOTE]

Touche. I suppose we will just have to wait and see, but I know if the system itself is more than $200, I wont be picking it up right away.

On a side note, I'm interested in picking up some sort of capturing device to record myself when I play certain games, does anyone have any experience with this sort of stuff, or have any suggestions for a particular product?

[quote name='panzerfaust']People bought a PS3 for $600 so they could play an outdated shooter (Resistance) and fucking Genji Blade.[/QUOTE]

Resistance was my first game for my PS3 and I loved the shit out of it. In my opinion, it's a good game. In fact, I'd say, for me, I had more fun with Resistance than I ever had with any Halo game and any console FPS outside of Call of Duty 4.

[quote name='gunm']3DS is going to be a hot commodity, no question. They'll sell like hotcakes at $250 and the eBay resellers are going to have a field day, just like every hot tech gadget.[/QUOTE]

I'll be buying as many as I can and trying to cash in. $_$

If I make enough, I may keep one and sell my DS. Depends on certain other mitigating factors though.

[quote name='Cheska19']On a side note, I'm interested in picking up some sort of capturing device to record myself when I play certain games, does anyone have any experience with this sort of stuff, or have any suggestions for a particular product?[/QUOTE]

Adaptec Gamebridge. Dazzle. Most video capture devices should work really...

Awwwrrriiiiiggghhhttttt!!

Ordered that Japanese PS2, so it's a done deal now. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here. Really, I should have done this 6 years ago, but I didn't because I was a punk bitch back then.

I suppose that means I should unbox my XRGB-3 again and get that ready for some SCART action.

The Playstation 2 is seriously the best system ever. Like, unquestionably.

[quote name='Chacrana']
I'm also seeing if there's any import stuff that I missed over the years for PS2 and PS1. So far, only Gradius Gaiden and Zanac X Zanac come to mind, but I'm not sure I want those.[/QUOTE]

Zanac X Zanac is on the Japanese PSN. Buy some yens and you're set.

Gradius Gaiden is on Gradius Collection if you have a PSP.

[quote name='gunm']Adaptec Gamebridge. Dazzle. Most video capture devices should work really...[/QUOTE]

I have a gamebridge... best it will do is s-video. :(
Worked ok for my 360 -- for the PS2 it was kinda eh.

Picked up a 320gb PS3 Move bundle today, along with a few games.

picture.php

Now, I just need to find time to actually play games. Real life sucks.

[quote name='Krymner']Picked up a 320gb PS3 Move bundle today, along with a few games.

Now, I just need to find time to actually play games. Real life sucks.[/QUOTE]

Nice score! Send me RE5 Gold when you're done with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back