GGT 70 wants to flyyyyyyy SKY HIGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, going to reserve my PS3 CE of MvC3 today! I AM EXCITE! Also am going to rummage through all of GS' PS2 crap since my store's getting rid of all their stuff for cheap. Hopefully I can finally grab myself a 2 disc version of Subsistence.[/QUOTE]
I love steel books. One of the reasons i'm getting the MvC CE, but also because it will be awesome.

Getting the Deus Ex steel book to. :)

[quote name='Amblix']I love steel books. One of the reasons i'm getting the MvC CE, but also because it will be awesome.

Getting the Deus Ex steel book to. :)[/QUOTE]
I love steel books, too, but I don't have many. Just PDZ, Halo 2, RE4, RE5, Prey, and ME2. I'm just getting the MvC3 CE though because I'm such an MvC fan that I feel I must completely give them all of my support. Now I just hope I actually get good at the game.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm betting at least $15, maybe $30 if you hit up eBay.[/QUOTE]

Dude, if I could get $30, that'd mean my SE was free. Depending on how the DLC looks, I may be fine waiting for a bundle. :whee:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Got the mew Game Informer, SKYRIM looks DOPE AS fuck[/QUOTE]

Do want! I will say that some stuff in Oblivion was really annoying compared to Morrowind, but I still had tons of fun with the game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dude, if I could get $30, that'd mean my SE was free. Depending on how the DLC looks, I may be fine waiting for a bundle. :whee:[/QUOTE]

I'd do it.

I've never gotten a fighters DLC before, free or paid.

[quote name='Amblix']I'd do it.

I've never gotten a fighters DLC before, free or paid.[/QUOTE]

Well, considering the bs PSN policy regarding purchasing items which contain content you've already bought, selling the voucher is the best idea. I just hope I can get at least what the DLC will cost to purchase on my own.

More Dragon Age last night. Finished the Dwarf village part. I actually really liked that section, even being a long one.

Was the first time in the game I felt like the decisions you made actually made a difference. I reloaded a save to do it the other way (had destroyed the Anvil and crowed Behlen--which is what I'm sticking with) just to see how that played out and get the 40 achievement points.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dude, if I could get $30, that'd mean my SE was free. Depending on how the DLC looks, I may be fine waiting for a bundle. :whee:[/QUOTE]
I would sell it, but I don't feel like going ot the trouble and I'd rather have them as soon as they come out.

fuck, GS wouldn't let me preorder the CE, guess I'll be buying from either Capcom shop or Amazon.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, considering the bs PSN policy regarding purchasing items which contain content you've already bought, selling the voucher is the best idea. I just hope I can get at least what the DLC will cost to purchase on my own.[/QUOTE]

What's weird is now you can actually purchase a bundle that has games you already own. The NeoGeo bundle is the perfect example of this. Its happened to me a few other times now too.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I would sell it, but I don't feel like going ot the trouble and I'd rather have them as soon as they come out.

fuck, GS wouldn't let me preorder the CE, guess I'll be buying from either Capcom shop or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You can still buy them the day they're released, selling the code won't change anything. :cool:

[quote name='distgfx']What's weird is now you can actually purchase a bundle that has games you already own. The NeoGeo bundle is the perfect example of this. Its happened to me a few other times now too.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they fixed it -- I had the ear of someone at Sony PS corporate and they said they had reopened my ticket... I wonder if it works with the SSF4 costumes now. :whistle2:k

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You can still buy them the day they're released, selling the code won't change anything. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Yes, but if I have the code already I just may not want to sell it then buy it on PSN. Then again, if I see it's going for a good price I may sell it.

I picked up Resistance 1 today, played some of it and I don't like it at all.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yes, but if I have the code already I just may not want to sell it then buy it on PSN. Then again, if I see it's going for a good price I may sell it.

I picked up Resistance 1 today, played some of it and I don't like it at all.[/QUOTE]

Well screw you. You goddamn Halo junkie.
:grouphug:
I had a blast with Resistance. I hear the second game was an unfinished piece of shit, but I still fondly remember Resistance and think it's better than a large majority of console FPS games from this generation. :cool:

And as far as the code goes, the catch with it is that if you use it and PSN hasn't fixed their windowlicker policy of rebuying purchased content, you'll never be able to buy an eventual bundle because it will contain Jill/Shuma. That's the reason I'm looking to sell; not because I'm greedy or want money, but because I know that if I use it, I'm probably screwed out of the eventual cheap bundle and will be forced to be the DLC characters separately at full price.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well screw you. You goddamn Halo junkie. I had a blast with Resistance. I hear the second game was an unfinished piece of shit, but I still fondly remember Resistance and think it's better than a large majority of console FPS games from this generation. :cool:

And as far as the code goes, the catch with it is that if you use it and PSN hasn't fixed their windowlicker policy of rebuying purchased content, you'll never be able to buy an eventual bundle because it will contain Jill/Shuma. That's the reason I'm looking to sell; not because I'm greedy or want money, but because I know that if I use it, I'm probably screwed out of the eventual cheap bundle and will be forced to be the DLC characters separately at full price.[/QUOTE]
Does it get better after the first hour? I mean, I'll finish it, but I really expected better from Insomniac.

Ah, you're right.. I'd probably save a lot more money in the long run by just selling the code and buying the collected pack. I'm hoping my gameshare buddy will actually buy all of the characters when they come out like he does for all the costumes in SSF4.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Does it get better after the first hour? I mean, I'll finish it, but I really expected better from Insomniac.

Ah, you're right.. I'd probably save a lot more money in the long run by just selling the code and buying the collected pack. I'm hoping my gameshare buddy will actually buy all of the characters when they come out like he does for all the costumes in SSF4.[/QUOTE]

I liked Resistance from the start. There's a couple BS driving portions which involve a Jeep I think, but I liked all the weapons, I liked thw WW2 piece but turned into hunting Chimera instead of typical Nazis. I can't say it's fresh in my mind because I played it a lot between September and November of 2007, so it's been over 3 years since I went through... but I remember going for and getting all skill points in the game.

As far as the packs go, I wish I had someone like that, but odds are, I'm more like your friend... if my two buddies I let have access to the stuff I've bought were into fighting games, they'd be set. My gameshare group seems to have gone defunct with 2-3 people owing their last chip in still to the point where I bought Dead Nation during the PSN+ discount. So the likelihood of them wanting fighting game content on any system, let alone PS3 is unlikely. :|

I'm really just trying to guard myself against the hassle Sony put me through with the SSF4 costumes. It turned out that if I had bought the pack instead of redeeming a voucher, they could have at least offered a workaround other than "create a new PSN account and buy it on that one.".

Do you have Twitter? If so I'd try contacting Capcom through there and complaining about the way you can't buy a bundled pack on PSN. Maybe they'd help you out?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Do you have Twitter? If so I'd try contacting Capcom through there and complaining about the way you can't buy a bundled pack on PSN. Maybe they'd help you out?[/QUOTE]

Capcom doesn't really seem to give a fuck. Neither does EA. I also contacted The Consumerist and the ECA. None really did shit, though the president of the ECA responded to me. I eventually went through the BBB and got Sony Playstation Corporate's attention. They offered a solution, not a great one, but acceptable to me as it was... however, I told the rep I was still more interested in seeing a solution where, perhaps, they don't block bundles when you own 1 piece even if they want to block the pieces of a bundle you own.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Am I the only person who doesn't want MvC3 that much?[/QUOTE]
Probably, I'm not even good at fighters and I want to play it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well screw you. You goddamn Halo junkie.
:grouphug:
I had a blast with Resistance. I hear the second game was an unfinished piece of shit, but I still fondly remember Resistance and think it's better than a large majority of console FPS games from this generation. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I loved resistance back when it first came out, but could never really get back into it.

R2 was great. Especially the online. There's still a decent amount of people playing. Co-op at least.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Am I the only person who doesn't want MvC3 that much?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to get it, but yeah, I'm no where near as hype as these other guys are.

That Magic TG Tactics game looks interesting. It's free the play, so I'll probably give it a whirl.

Shift 2 looks pretty good as well.

I probably won't get it at release. It looks like it could be fun, but the impending DLC rape and how much it reminds me of TatsuCap turns me off. Plus the new button layout sounds kinda lame.

I'll probably wait for Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Arcade Edition.

"goes back to playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on GGPO"

Nah. I don't really care about it either.

I may get it down the line, but it's not really something I need day 1 or for $60.

I will be getting KZ3 the week after though :whee:
:whee: :whee:

Sorry, can't help it, I love my fighters.

[quote name='distgfx']Sorry, can't help it, I love my fighters.[/QUOTE]
I love fighters too. It's just the roster is a huge letdown and I never liked the series. I thought MvC2 was only ok at best. That added to the fact that they're going to rape the shit out of people with DLC is a huge turn off.

[quote name='distgfx']Sorry, can't help it, I love my fighters.[/QUOTE]

I love fighters too, but I'm still torn on it. Maybe if it's more like Xmen vs. Street Fighter and less like Mahvel vs. Insanity: New Age of Tiers, then I'll snag it fo' shizzle.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I love fighters too. It's just the roster is a huge letdown and I never liked the series. I thought MvC2 was only ok at best. That added to the fact that they're going to rape the shit out of people with DLC is a huge turn off.[/QUOTE]
The DLC rape is a major sticking point for me.

The DC Universe Online quick look is amazing, especially the character creation part.

Finished up my first season in Madden 11 and it's amazing how terrible the coin toss is. When you're given the chance to pick a side to defend, you're given the option to pick Left or Right and there is zero content on which side of the field they are and where the wind is blowing. There's an arrow for wind direction that they offer, but if it's pointing right, it's not pointing to the right side of the field. It's the kind of mistake that designers make because they're used to compensating for that in their mind without realizing that it needs to be fixed.

I have zero interest in MvC3. There are far better games coming in the next few months that makes it the least appealing game out there for me.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'll probably wait for Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Arcade Edition.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a very wise choice.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I love fighters too. It's just the roster is a huge letdown and I never liked the series. I thought MvC2 was only ok at best. That added to the fact that they're going to rape the shit out of people with DLC is a huge turn off.[/QUOTE]

I really could care less about the roster, and the series never really caught on with me beyond seeing the Marvel characters in a SF type of game. The DLC is a wash for me because I haven't bought any of that shit (to me the avatar packs don't count, cause it's not really part of the game).

Oh, and hawt:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/709299.html

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Capcom doesn't really seem to give a fuck. Neither does EA. I also contacted The Consumerist and the ECA. None really did shit, though the president of the ECA responded to me. I eventually went through the BBB and got Sony Playstation Corporate's attention. They offered a solution, not a great one, but acceptable to me as it was... however, I told the rep I was still more interested in seeing a solution where, perhaps, they don't block bundles when you own 1 piece even if they want to block the pieces of a bundle you own.[/QUOTE] WHat'd they let you do?

Mang, I love MvC, idk how you can not like it, Rei. What's your favorite fighter?

I'm more into the combat than the characters, so I don't really care much about the roster. I'm more interested in how each character plays rather than who they are.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Mang, I love MvC, idk how you can not like it, Rei. What's your favorite fighter?[/QUOTE]
I just don't like the MvC style. The heavy tiers and insanely flashy gameplay do nothing for me.

My favorite fighter? That's tough. I'd say either BlazBlue, SFA3, or Virtua Fighter 5.

I just want to go home and play some video games. When I was younger, I used to play at least 30 hours a week. Now I'm lucky if I even play 5. :( I have my copy of Lost Oddyssey ready if I happen to get fired, laid off, or take a long vacation.

Now that my best friend finally has a PS3, I can't wait to go home and play games too. >_<

Of course, we end up just playing Borderlands. :p

[quote name='CaptainJoel']WHat'd they let you do?

Mang, I love MvC, idk how you can not like it, Rei. What's your favorite fighter?[/QUOTE]

I told them it was worthless to keep looking into it, as it wasn't a personal problem anymore as I'd ponied up the 6 extra dollars and bought all the separate ones. I told them my main concern was fixing the policy so this wouldn't happen to me or others again. In the process I was told that it was being voiced to her management and she refunded 50% of the purchases I'd made on SSF4 content, so I was given something like $12 back, meaning I paid $12 instead of $18 for the bundle.

Now as to whether or not I could convince them to do the same if I used the voucher for Shuma/Jill and a bundle for the remaining characters came out? I don't know.

I'm hype for MvC3, but not as much as most people, as most of the roster is mediocre to me. Though I've always been a sucker for the VS. concept, because I was always of the mind that Batman would beat the shit out of Superman (fed by my unhealthy love of the Bat and my unhealthy hate of the son of krypton).

I don't see why people are so put off by the new button layout, especially if they're fans of blazblue -- in concept it seems so similar to me. Light|Medium|Heavy|Launcher ... it's similar to the A|B|C|D strength concept and layout (type-B) in BB.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't see why people are so put off by the new button layout, especially if they're fans of blazblue -- in concept it seems so similar to me. Light|Medium|Heavy|Launcher ... it's similar to the A|B|C|D strength concept and layout (type-B) in BB.[/QUOTE]

Because MvC has always had a LP, LK, HP, HK and assists layout. So it would have made more sense to stick with it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The DC Universe Online quick look is amazing, especially the character creation part.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, It was pretty awesome that they had 5 people sitting in on that one. Still I kind of wish they did an endurance run of the Beta. That StarTrek Online ER they did was pretty amazing.

Finally went down to GameStop to get some stuff that I've been meaning to get lately, like Valkyria Chronicles and Borderlands Game of the Year Edition. Both were cheaper than I expected ($40 for Borderlands and $16 for VC). I also got a PSP-3000 to replace my busted 1000, which will be nice to have a shiny new PSP again despite hating the shiny gloss for the fingerprints that get left behind.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Yeah, It was pretty awesome that they had 5 people sitting in on that one. Still I kind of wish they did an endurance run of the Beta. That StarTrek Online ER they did was pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]
That would've been nice, but it happened right around their Xmas break, so they probably didn't have the time to do with all of their Game of the Year stuff that they were working on at the time.

I was thinking that the Star Trek lifetime sub was his worst purchase until I heard that he had spent around $2000 on Game Room games for the quick looks, so I see why he cares about Game Room on WP7.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Though I've always been a sucker for the VS. concept, because I was always of the mind that Batman would beat the shit out of Superman (fed by my unhealthy love of the Bat and my unhealthy hate of the son of krypton).[/QUOTE]

I think you should skip MvC3 and just get this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF59RnU3l-4

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Been there, done that. :cool:[/QUOTE]

This means that your destiny is complete and you need no other VS games. :cool:

[quote name='gunm']Now that my best friend finally has a PS3, I can't wait to go home and play games too. >_<

Of course, we end up just playing Borderlands. :p[/QUOTE]
Bro, I've had a PS3 since like March 2007. :grouphug:

Didn't you get the memo?
[quote name='distgfx']Because MvC2 has always had a LP, LK, HP, HK and assists layout. So it would have made more sense to stick with it.[/QUOTE]
Fixed. Xmen Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel Vs. Capcom were all six button layout games. LP, MP, HP, LK, MK, HK.

At this rate, MvC4 will have two attack buttons, light and heavy, and a launcher button. Or be completely waggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back