GGT 70 wants to flyyyyyyy SKY HIGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='icebeast']I don't know I can imagine fairly manly, are you roughly the size of a barge?

Gaston.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDMfpbdbHWg
[/QUOTE]
You're awesome, Icebeezy!

Man, picked up dat RB3 last night. It's awesome.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']probably not, but look, you remember them![/QUOTE]
Yeah I remember them. In fact because I can't forget how terrible they are I don't shop at GS...

Just got done testing out my new mic, and it works like a charm. Now I can play the team modes in AssBro and feel like I can contribute something.

What kind of mic did you get and for what system?

I've been using the pack-in mic from SOCOM Confrontation for my PS3. It's not bad, but my ear gets "fatigued"/sore after a while.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah I remember them. In fact because I can't forget how terrible they are I don't shop at GS...[/QUOTE]

Same here...well the commercials are at least one of the reasons.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Oh he would. Even easier if Supes decided it was so. Read the Hush arc to see Batman struggle to even not break his own hand by punching Supes in the face WHILE using kryptonite. I'm probably a bigger Batman fan than anyone else in this thread (who else is buying every Bat book released every month save Gotham City Sirens?), but facts are facts. Yes it's comic book logic, but they do have some rules in their universe, and Kryptonians are pretty much invincible in almost all fights. I've seen Power Girl take out an entire army by clapping her hands... Also saying Batman would win if he sneak attacked Superman is just silly. If that's considered a fight, then I could beat any one in the world in a fight if I sneaked up on them and shot them in the back of the head.

Anyway, that's enough nerding out for me...[/QUOTE]I'm actually buying every bat book, too. Even Gotham City Sirens. I love Paul Dini's stuff!

Also, Batman would win against Superman.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If Batman could win against Superman, then I can win against Superman and this whole discussion is moot...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you could win against Superman if you had a few trillion dollars, was trained in around a hundred different martial arts (including Kryptonese Kung-fu), and had the option of using Kryptonite, too.

Edit: Just saw these awesome costume quesses for MvC!

http://www.damnlag.com/fans-speculate-over-alternate-color-schemes-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Not so sure about the third Dante being Gene from Godhand...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, you could win against Superman if you had a few trillion dollars, was trained in around a hundred different martial arts (including Kryptonese Kung-fu), and had the option of using Kryptonite, too.[/QUOTE]
Umm no. That's like saying if an ant had martial arts training and lots of money it could beat a human, because that's honestly the comparison in power levels and evolution.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Just got done testing out my new mic, and it works like a charm. Now I can play the team modes in AssBro and feel like I can contribute something.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you might actually talk if we ever play SSF4 or DR2 again? :lol:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Umm no. That's like saying if an ant had martial arts training and lots of money it could beat a human, because that's honestly the comparison in power levels and evolution.[/QUOTE]
Human to Kryptonian isn't even close to that far of a leap, are you saying that Batman couldn't even beat any of the regular Kryptonians that were flying around during that New Krypton arc? Because if so, that's bull, mang.

[quote name='gunm']What kind of mic did you get and for what system?

I've been using the pack-in mic from SOCOM Confrontation for my PS3. It's not bad, but my ear gets "fatigued"/sore after a while.[/QUOTE]Rocket Fish wired mic. It was $20 and it's awesome.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Does this mean you might actually talk if we ever play SSF4 or DR2 again? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yep! :cool:

---------------------

Superman would beat the shit out of Batman if kryptonite wasn't in the equation. Don't even try to fool yourselves.

Even without Kryptonite I'm pretty sure Batman could take Superman. If the older preperation stuff (JLA from the 90's) is to be taken as canon then there is no way Superman could sneak up on Batman to put him at a disadvantage. Red UV lights scattered all over the cave/mansion, as well as Red UV Lights in his cowl, if he still uses that kind of stuff in his everday getup then Supes doesn't have much of a chance unless he gets the drop on him.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i do love me some digital distribution.[/QUOTE]

Facist!!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If Batman could win against Superman, then I can win against Superman and this whole discussion is moot...[/QUOTE]

lol. "I'm Batman." /uses Christian Bale gravely voice

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Even without Kryptonite I'm pretty sure Batman could take Superman. If the older preperation stuff (JLA from the 90's) is to be taken as canon then there is no way Superman could sneak up on Batman to put him at a disadvantage. Red UV lights scattered all over the cave/mansion, as well as Red UV Lights in his cowl, if he still uses that kind of stuff in his everday getup then Supes doesn't have much of a chance unless he gets the drop on him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you and I are sort of on the same wavelength there. I'm not saying Batman can beat Superman, just that Batman's resources and skills would put him in a much better position than any non-super powered person ever could.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Human to Kryptonian isn't even close to that far of a leap, are you saying that Batman couldn't even beat any of the regular Kryptonians that were flying around during that New Krypton arc? Because if so, that's bull, mang.[/QUOTE]
Actually any one of them would turn Batman into a fine paste with one punch.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Even without Kryptonite I'm pretty sure Batman could take Superman. If the older preperation stuff (JLA from the 90's) is to be taken as canon then there is no way Superman could sneak up on Batman to put him at a disadvantage. Red UV lights scattered all over the cave/mansion, as well as Red UV Lights in his cowl, if he still uses that kind of stuff in his everday getup then Supes doesn't have much of a chance unless he gets the drop on him.[/QUOTE]
Again, what you're talking about isn't a fight. It's Batman getting the drop on Superman or sneak attacking him. This whole debate is based on a FIGHT. As in both of them are standing in a room and someone yells "Fight!"

But even giving Batman the sneak attack, he'd still lose. The whole kryptonite thing really can't be used anymore. As has been shown numerous times Superman has soaked up too much yellow sunlight at this point for kryptonite to drain him enough for a normal human to take him. Yes, kryptonite would give the edge to other kryptonians, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. But not for a normal human. Don't let your love of a character blind you to the facts. I'm no Superman fan, but that's just the way it is.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Actually any one of them would turn Batman into a fine paste with one punch.

Again, what you're talking about isn't a fight. It's Batman getting the drop on Superman or sneak attacking him. This whole debate is based on a FIGHT. As in both of them are standing in a room and someone yells "Fight!"

But even giving Batman the sneak attack, he'd still lose. The whole kryptonite thing really can't be used anymore. As has been shown numerous times Superman has soaked up too much yellow sunlight at this point for kryptonite to drain him enough for a normal human to take him. Yes, kryptonite would give the edge to other kryptonians, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. But not for a normal human. Don't let your love of a character blind you to the facts. I'm no Superman fan, but that's just the way it is.[/QUOTE]
I'm not letting my love for the character blind me, sure, you're right, if they fight completely naked, then Superman takes it. But under any normal conditions where they're both clothed then Batman wins (given that he still keeps the red UV lights in his cowl like he did in the 90's JLA books). I'm not talking about Batman getting the drop on Superman, either, I'm talking about if Batman's anywhere near Superman and Superman decides, "fuck it, Batman die!" and goes at him I'm sure there's something in his suit that would turn on and flash Superman with the Red UVs, making Supes weak like a red Sun would, even if it is temporary that gives Batman a chance to think of a plan or do something.

For Superman to win he'd have to go straight for Batman with Flash-like speed and go straight for the kill, no talking or staring into Bruce's eyes, or any other dramatic shit, but let's face it... In comics that RARELY happens. Pretty much only with SBP.

Joel is trying to make excuses for Batmang with his "oh but if Batman had this and that."
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm not letting my love for the character blind me, sure, you're right, if they fight completely naked, then Superman takes it.[/QUOTE]
Bam. Done.

-----------------------

If finding random people to play with in Dead Rising 2 wasn't so damn hard, I'd be playing it again. For now though, I'm gonna try and play some AssBro multiplayer.

I'm not making excuses, I'm citing comic book examples. They have fought tons of times and seriously, every time Batman has crazy shit he pulls out of NOWHERE.

so last night I put a few hours into Call of Juarez 2 and Dead Space finally.

CoJ2 is pure shit and reminds why FPS games bore me now. Tedious shooting gallery after gallery. Shit graphics, and worse story. How could Jer like this?

DS is pretty sweet. Plays well and looks really good.

[quote name='dallow']so last night I put a few hours into Call of Juarez 2 and Dead Space finally.

CoJ2 is pure shit and reminds why FPS games bore me now. Tedious shooting gallery after gallery. Shit graphics, and worse story. How could Jer like this?

DS is pretty sweet. Plays well and looks really good.[/QUOTE]

(1) You're just playing DS? Shame on you.
(2) The bold is supposed to be rhetorical, right?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']For Superman to win he'd have to go straight for Batman with Flash-like speed and go straight for the kill, no talking or staring into Bruce's eyes, or any other dramatic shit, but let's face it... In comics that RARELY happens. Pretty much only with SBP.[/QUOTE]
So for Superman to win he'd have to use his powers? Thanks for proving me right lol.

Enough talk about Super Man vs Batman, lets talk about comic fights that actually matter.
Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles
SSvsHK.jpg

[quote name='icebeast']Enough talk about Super Man vs Batman, lets talk about comic fights that actually matter.
SSvsHK.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have that

BlueScrote -- I was in the TEasy thread today and it seems Clayton says maybe third week in January there could be return in stock or the announcement; just a heads up since I know you were interested.

[quote name='BlueScrote']So apparently there was a JLA vs Avengers crossover a while back. I need to track that down.[/QUOTE] Good shit, too! You get to see one of the coolest pics ever.
Superman holding Mjolnir and Cap's Shield.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']So for Superman to win he'd have to use his powers? Thanks for proving me right lol.[/QUOTE] You're welcome, Reimang :cool:

[quote name='icebeast']Enough talk about Super Man vs Batman, lets talk about comic fights that actually matter.
SSvsHK.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You are the coolest person EVER, Icebeezy.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You're all posting on a video game message board. No one has any right to pull the nerd label :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Don't tell that to us Halo/Madden gamers, brah. You'll get the dreaded rear admiral. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back