GGT 70 wants to flyyyyyyy SKY HIGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be excited for 3D Dot Game Heroes? I grabbed it as part of a B2G1 around Christmas time and haven't sat down with it yet. Should I move it to the top of the pile?

[quote name='Ahadi']Should I be excited for 3D Dot Game Heroes? I grabbed it as part of a B2G1 around Christmas time and haven't sat down with it yet. Should I move it to the top of the pile?[/QUOTE]

Well that would depend on whatever else is in the the pile. ;)

But I really loved 3D Dot Game Heroes, so I'd say you should definitely not let it fall too far into the backlog.

[quote name='Ahadi']Should I be excited for 3D Dot Game Heroes? I grabbed it as part of a B2G1 around Christmas time and haven't sat down with it yet. Should I move it to the top of the pile?[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's fun to be excited for things, but no, it's not worth being excited over.

Dragon Age, Killzone 2, GT5, and a few other older titles are sitting in that same pile.

Also played through my first Castlevania game recently. Portrait of Ruin. I got the sucky ending and have no desire to try and get the good ending. I'd give it a solid "meh".

[quote name='Rodimus']They're best when you want to pass the time quickly like commuting or working out.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I could listen to someone talk while working out, maybe that is just because for about 6 years now I've gone to gyms and listened to music and just watched the televisions without sound (and usually not subtitles, I think you need to plug your headphones into the cardio machine to listen so they don't usually turn subtitles on). With that said I like listening to music, with a good set of songs I totally get in the workout mood.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I use them for my bus rides to work since I can't read or play games on a vehicle. Makes me sick to my stomach :([/QUOTE]

For some reason reading and playing games on a subway train doesn't have any effect on me, and if I play a game in a car that doesn't require much reading I'm fine, but if I try to read while in a car I get really bad headaches.

[quote name='Ahadi']Also played through my first Castlevania game recently. Portrait of Ruin. I got the sucky ending and have no desire to try and get the good ending. I'd give it a solid "meh".[/QUOTE]

Man you started with one of (I might even say it is baring one of the 3D games) the worst Metroidvania Castlevania games in the series. If you want the holy grail of Castlevania you should play Symphony of the Night, that game has never gotten old for me, and I've beaten it a bunch of times, and helped a couple of people who happened to be playing through the game when I visited find some of the hidden stuff which I somehow remember.

[quote name='icebeast']Man you started with one of (I might even say it is baring one of the 3D games) the worst Metroidvania Castlevania games in the series. If you want the holy grail of Castlevania you should play Symphony of the Night, that game has never gotten old for me, and I've beaten it a bunch of times, and helped a couple of people who happened to be playing through the game when I visited find some of the hidden stuff which I somehow remember.[/QUOTE]

Everyone says Symphony of the Night... Can I get it on my PSP? I know there was a PSP release that had a hidden game in it, just slipping my mind right now... And I really can't stand playing those kind of games on a TV.

What I'm wondering though, is whether or not Symphony is over hyped or actually really good? I'm certainly not going to judge it until I try it. But what are the opinions on that?

[quote name='Ahadi']Dragon Age, Killzone 2, GT5, and a few other older titles are sitting in that same pile.
[/QUOTE]

Well I'd put 3D Dot Game Heroes ahead of Killzone 2 and GT5 then.

[quote name='Ahadi']Everyone says Symphony of the Night... Can I get it on my PSP? I know there was a PSP release that had a hidden game in it, just slipping my mind right now... And I really can't stand playing those kind of games on a TV.

What I'm wondering though, is whether or not Symphony is over hyped or actually really good? I'm certainly not going to judge it until I try it. But what are the opinions on that?[/QUOTE]

It's actually really good. I didn't really care for Portrait of Ruin, but Symphony of the Night is great. I also really enjoyed the Sorrow games, so you might want to give Dawn of Sorrow a try.

[quote name='Ahadi']Everyone says Symphony of the Night... Can I get it on my PSP? I know there was a PSP release that had a hidden game in it, just slipping my mind right now... And I really can't stand playing those kind of games on a TV.

What I'm wondering though, is whether or not Symphony is over hyped or actually really good? I'm certainly not going to judge it until I try it. But what are the opinions on that?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can get Castlevania SotN on PSN for playing on PS3 and PSP since it is a PSOne Classic. Also, ya you can unlock it in Dracula X Chronicles, but it is kind of a pain since you have to play a bit of that game (which is fairly hard) and the dialog for that version of SotN was redone with different text and voice actors. :nottalking:

With regards to what I said it should be fairly clear that I love Castlevania SotN (easily in my top 5 games of all time), but I think a good question to ask yourself is if you like Super Metroid, if so and you also like having a bit of RPG elements then SotN is amazing, if you aren't much into Super Metroid or exploring in general then it probably isn't going to be as impressive to you.

You can get the PS1 version of Symphony of the Night from the PS Store.

I've been trying to play it, but I'm lost right now. I found some portal that didn't seem to point out any specific place to head to nor can any walkthroughs help me since it's hard to pinpoint how far I actually am in the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've been trying to play it, but I'm lost right now. I found some portal that didn't seem to point out any specific place to head to nor can any walkthroughs help me since it's hard to pinpoint how far I actually am in the game.[/QUOTE]

Are you stuck at needing to go through blue doors? (That sometimes gets me even though I play through that game a lot) if you you don't go to the Library and talk to the old man and buy the thing that unlocks those doors you will be stuck until you do so.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can get the PS1 version of Symphony of the Night from the PS Store.

I've been trying to play it, but I'm lost right now. I found some portal that didn't seem to point out any specific place to head to nor can any walkthroughs help me since it's hard to pinpoint how far I actually am in the game.[/QUOTE]
Same with me, Frisky. I beat it originally back when it came out, but now I'm trying to replay it and I get so endlessly fucking lost that I have no idea about what to do. I think I may just give up on it and keep to my DS ones.

I wish SotN was easier :(

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Same with me, Frisky. I beat it originally back when it came out, but now I'm trying to replay it and I get so endlessly fucking lost that I have no idea about what to do. I think I may just give up on it and keep to my DS ones.

I wish SotN was easier :([/QUOTE]

I've never found SotN to be all that difficult, there are the blue doors and library key that you have to buy that I mentioned before, then the only other tricky things I can think of for just general exploring are the part where you have to get a skeleton with a barrel bomb to blow up a bridge so you can get down into the lowest parts of the castle, and also there is a part where you fall down fairly low in the castle with ice, and in that area there is a path left and right and a pit, in that ice pit if you hit the ground you open up a path (I forget what you get there though, some ability).

Once you make it to the inverted castle there really isn't too much in the way of needing to explore to be able to get to other parts, it is more of which bosses are the hardest and which ones are easy so they should be done first.

[quote name='icebeast']I've never found SotN to be all that difficult, there are the blue doors and library key that you have to buy that I mentioned before, then the only other tricky things I can think of for just general exploring are the part where you have to get a skeleton with a barrel bomb to blow up a bridge so you can get down into the lowest parts of the castle, and also there is a part where you fall down fairly low in the castle with ice, and in that area there is a path left and right and a pit, in that ice pit if you hit the ground you open up a path (I forget what you get there though, some ability).

Once you make it to the inverted castle there really isn't too much in the way of needing to explore to be able to get to other parts, it is more of which bosses are the hardest and which ones are easy so they should be done first.[/QUOTE]
Okay, thanks a lot, Icebeezy! I'll definitely do this stuff whenever I start playing it again :)

Man, that 39.99 PS3 thread from deals is the funniest shit ever. Just watching it throughout the day has been a massive joy getter.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']New PC is up and running. Now to Download my Steam Games.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just install the games you currently want to play and it wouldn't take that long?

The only things I hate installing on PCs are WoW, maybe it is better now that you can download the client but with discs it is insane, like 4 discs for basic WoW, 3 discs for Burning Crusade, 1 DVD for Wrath of the Lich King, and then a download for Cataclysm.

Installing Visual Studio and the DirectX SDK also take damn near forever, and the Adobe Web Premium Suite installs none to fast either.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Shit took daaaaaays.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like when I tried to get the translated torrent for a Doraemon movie I wanted to see, took a week or more to download, it was worth it though I thought the movie was really enjoyable, and I also love Doraemon.

The movie was Doraemon: Nobita's New Adventure Into The Magic Planet:

doraemon1.jpg

[quote name='icebeast']Are you stuck at needing to go through blue doors? (That sometimes gets me even though I play through that game a lot) if you you don't go to the Library and talk to the old man and buy the thing that unlocks those doors you will be stuck until you do so.[/QUOTE]
I have no clue what or where the Library is nor did I know that I could buy anything there, so I'll have to find a map to figure out where that's at. Thanks.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']New PC is up and running. Now to Download my Steam Games.

My Steam folder is currently at 398 GB. @__@

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Oh man, the screenshots from the upcoming X-Men game look so bad. :rofl:

Silicon Knights needs to just be put out of their misery at this point.[/QUOTE]
Amen. Last decent thing they made was Eternal Darkness. Dennis Dyack needs to just quit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Amen. Last decent thing they made was Eternal Darkness. Dennis Dyack needs to just quit.[/QUOTE]
You don't think this is an awesome looking game?

25qazhf.jpg

Don't you have that Sandy Bridge quad core?

I'm dreading my next PC upgrade. Wondering how long I can put it off.

Playing Singularity right now. It's quite good, IMO, if a little Bioshock-y at times.

[quote name='tiredfornow']MAN AKUMA LOOKS AWESOME IN MVC3. :p

who the fuuuck is taskmaster? *google*[/QUOTE]

Complete opposite of my reaction.

"Was akuma really necessary?"
"Taskmaster looks pretty bitchin."

[quote name='distgfx']Complete opposite of my reaction.

"Was akuma really necessary?"
"Taskmaster looks pretty bitchin."[/QUOTE]

Shoulda been Udon Taskmaster ... >_<

the banter back in the udon days of Deadpool is still the best the character has ever seen.

Taskmaster seems cool. I don't see why they keep throwing in more Street Fighter characters though. I want Classic Mega Man, or perhaps American Box Art Mega Man.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Oh man, the screenshots from the upcoming X-Men game look so bad. :rofl:

Its a shame too, because the premise for the game sounds decent.

Started an Achievement run through of Quantum of Solace, 007 mode isn't that hard for being a 4th tier difficulty level.

The only tricky part in SotN is going over to the bottom left corner in the dark ice area, and punching the ground to open a path.

akuma and taskmaster announced for MvC3.

Maybe I should just fight with 3 sword wielding assholes (Dante, Deadpool, Taskmaster)...

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/1/17/marvel-vs-capcom-3-akuma-and-taskmaster-announced.html

They both look pretty badass. I might not have gotten Ken, but at least Akuma looks to be pretty bad ass, and I'll take Akuma over Ryu for MvC3... trading tatsu hyper for raging demon seems good to me, just need to see his assists.
I kinda wish they would announce another 4 or 7 SF characters just to piss people off, since it's obvious I'm not getting the characters I would have liked. ^____^

--

SotN really isn't that hard. See if there are areas of the map where it looks like you should be able to continue in a direction -- if you get there and it's blocked by an ability you don't have (mist, bat, blue door, etc.) turn around and explore a different path. In the very least, at least you get experience points for wandering around and killing shit. If you're really lucky, some enemy might just drop some awesome fucking weapon for you to use, like the medusa shield.

IIRC, library is all the way to the right side of the castle and about halfway up the tower. You take a left back toward the castle... you have to fight a boss, can't remember if it's doppleganger or frankenstein the first time. I think it's franky, then continue to follow the path. eventually you will come to a dead end where you meet the dude in the library, which is very useful, as you can buy library cards to just warp to him which can save you a lot of time/aggravation if you're not familiar with the layout of the castle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']I think I want to roll with team Capcom misfits: Joe, Arthur, and the dog girl.[/QUOTE]

That's almost team Clover. Also almost team "small hit box".
:rofl: at dog girl. most disrespectful name for a god ever. ;)

[quote name='Amblix']Started an Achievement run through of Quantum of Solace, 007 mode isn't that hard for being a 4th tier difficulty level.[/QUOTE]

There's a couple of quick Achievements you can get online, there's usually people playing online even now.

Halfway through Dead Space, killing poison pods before a Leviathan fight?
Put on headphones last night so as to not disturb someone, and the very first thing I hear is a prolonged woman's scream in my ears. :(

Game is awesome.

Really? I don't like the art direction, but I love how it sounds from GameInformer, sounds like they're trying to make it X-Men Mass Effect.

[quote name='dallow']Halfway through Dead Space, killing poison pods before a Leviathan fight?
Put on headphones last night so as to not disturb someone, and the very first thing I hear is a prolonged woman's scream in my ears. :(

Game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Chapter 6 is indeed halfway. Creepy chapter too.

Taskmaster's voice sounds familiar. I like his name dropping every time he does a move. Hopefully there's some good Deadpool/Taskmaster banter

[quote name='icebeast']I don't think I could listen to someone talk while working out, maybe that is just because for about 6 years now I've gone to gyms and listened to music and just watched the televisions without sound (and usually not subtitles, I think you need to plug your headphones into the cardio machine to listen so they don't usually turn subtitles on). With that said I like listening to music, with a good set of songs I totally get in the workout mood.

For some reason reading and playing games on a subway train doesn't have any effect on me, and if I play a game in a car that doesn't require much reading I'm fine, but if I try to read while in a car I get really bad headaches.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. I tried podcasts (not gaming related ones though, just regular news, politics etc.) while working out, but it was kind of pointless as I didn't pay much attention to them.

I usually drive everywhere, but if I am taking the subway or a flight I take my Kindle and read to pass the time. I can't read in cars if I'm riding with someone, but it doesn't bother me on flights or trains.

I have a DS, but haven't played it in over a year and kind of doubt I'll buy another game for it. Portable gaming just never did much for me--I just bought it to play a some 2D games years ago (and because I only had a Wii and had ran out of things I wanted to play on it).

I kind want to replay Dead Space again... but DS2 comes out next week(?) so I think I'll hold off on that. Also i don't have a copy sitting around.

Bleh, can someone explain the obsession with a "y fold" when selling a game on ebay?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I kind want to replay Dead Space again... but DS2 comes out next week(?) so I think I'll hold off on that. Also i don't have a copy sitting around.

Bleh, can someone explain the obsession with a "y fold" when selling a game on ebay?[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to get the first Dead Space for a couple weeks now, can't find one for under $15 though. :(

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bleh, can someone explain the obsession with a "y fold" when selling a game on ebay?[/QUOTE]

From a quick search of the internet it seems to be a way people are trying to use to tell if a game has an original plastic wrap, or if someone has tried to reseal the game in plastic wrap.

[quote name='icebeast']From a quick search of the internet it seems to be a way people are trying to use to tell if a game has an original plastic wrap, or if someone has tried to reseal the game in plastic wrap.[/QUOTE]

Figures, I'm selling the copy of Phoenix Wright I got with Ghost Trick and someone asked me.

Capcom uses the crappy shrink-wrap on their current games for unknown reasons. Makes everyone think they were previously opened.
Maybe he's trying to find out if you have a first print edition.

Does Castlevania ever pick up? It takes so long to finish each chapter because there's like 8 parts to that chapter. At least for the first two chapters that is. The game is beautiful, but now I remember why I stopped playing originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back