GGT 70 wants to flyyyyyyy SKY HIGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Really? I don't like the art direction, but I love how it sounds from GameInformer, sounds like they're trying to make it X-Men Mass Effect.[/QUOTE]
When a character gives me so many douchechills from just looking at him it's a hint that I need to stay away.

[quote name='dallow']Capcom uses the crappy shrink-wrap on their current games for unknown reasons. Makes everyone think they were previously opened.
Maybe he's trying to find out if you have a first print edition.[/QUOTE]

If so he should just come straight out with it... If this was a first print I'd be selling it for more then $20.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Amen. Last decent thing they made was Eternal Darkness. Dennis Dyack needs to just quit.[/QUOTE]

I liked Twin Snakes...although I don't know how much credit they get for that game though.

500x_xmenconcept8.jpg

Gambit likes to stand next to him to make his mask look cooler.

Cheska, the first two chapters of LoS take forever and are probably some of the worst in the game, especially chapter 2... I don't look back on it fondly. Chapter 3 is all of 4 areas total, maybe? Some later chapters are 2-3 areas total. The balance of areas to a chapter gets really weird.

Try playing through say, area 4 and see if it picks up for you and you like it more. If you're not invested enough to finish it by the start of chapter 6, you probably never will be.

I loved LoS personally. Had a lot of fun with it. Also it was a pretty long game, which was good.

Only part I didn't really like was
Music Box

[quote name='diddy310']Taskmaster's voice sounds familiar. I like his name dropping every time he does a move. Hopefully there's some good Deadpool/Taskmaster banter[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping for the same considering the awesome history they have.

Just got back from an out of town GS, the employee there was awesome. He gave me some DLC codes from used RB track packs! I have all of them now except Metal.

Edit: I haven't seen a trailer yet where Taskmaster speaks, but friends said it was Steve Blum, same guy that does Wolverine in everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Really? I don't like the art direction, but I love how it sounds from GameInformer, sounds like they're trying to make it X-Men Mass Effect.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather there be X-men KOTOR. I think it'd be a better/easier fit than an Action type game.

[quote name='dallow']Halfway through Dead Space, killing poison pods before a Leviathan fight?
Put on headphones last night so as to not disturb someone, and the very first thing I hear is a prolonged woman's scream in my ears. :(

Game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space has some of the better sound design this gen. All the right creaks and hisses.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm hoping for the same considering the awesome history they have.

Just got back from an out of town GS, the employee there was awesome. He gave me some DLC codes from used RB track packs! I have all of them now except Metal.

Edit: I haven't seen a trailer yet where Taskmaster speaks, but friends said it was Steve Blum, same guy that does Wolverine in everything.[/QUOTE]

All trailers focused on Taskmaster have him speaking. The only 1 of the 3 new videos posted with him in it that doesn't have him really "speaking" is the one where it's focused on Akuma gameplay (though you can still hear him name drop in moves, like "aim of hawkeye"...)

The real bummer is that, like deadpools soundbytes for moves, he's already getting annoying, especially considering 2/3 of his hyper combos start with the same clip as well. :(

I'm a bit late to the party but I finally sat down and played the first few chapters of Alan Wake. Great game. I intended to play only an hour but ended playing till 4 in the morning. Now I'm going to be tired all day.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']All trailers focused on Taskmaster have him speaking. The only 1 of the 3 new videos posted with him in it that doesn't have him really "speaking" is the one where it's focused on Akuma gameplay (though you can still hear him name drop in moves, like "aim of hawkeye"...)

The real bummer is that, like deadpools soundbytes for moves, he's already getting annoying, especially considering 2/3 of his hyper combos start with the same clip as well. :([/QUOTE]
I mean I haven't actually seen a trailer with Tasky yet. Just seen pics. I actually like Deadpool's quotes and the stuff he says in the game.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Ongoing project.

IMG_0392.jpg
[/QUOTE]
BADASS.

I played some Madden 11 today. I really like what EA's done with that franchise since the last time I played it. It's a much simpler interface, no more awful vision cone, solid mechanics. Overall, a great game of football.

I also popped in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for a tiny bit which I just got. I'm pretty sure I've already broken the game with Chun-Li except against the Giants. fuck those things.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Cheska, the first two chapters of LoS take forever and are probably some of the worst in the game, especially chapter 2... I don't look back on it fondly. Chapter 3 is all of 4 areas total, maybe? Some later chapters are 2-3 areas total. The balance of areas to a chapter gets really weird.

Try playing through say, area 4 and see if it picks up for you and you like it more. If you're not invested enough to finish it by the start of chapter 6, you probably never will be.[/QUOTE]

Well Im still going to give it a try, most people seem to enjoy the game by the end so we'll see how far I get by tonight since LBP2 comes out tomorrow.

Finally found the library in Symphony of the Night and was killed on the way back to a save point, so I have to start all over again. The map I had said there was a save point right around there, but I see any way to get there nor did the map I bought show that as a real place.

I am annoyed that Zek can still somehow teleport behind you even though you have your back firmly up against the wall in the corner of a room and there is nothing to teleport to.

Excellent GGT Title. I had fun subjecting friends to some of Daytona's classic tunes that I threw on a CD.

Yes, we're still friends. But things were never quite the same after that.

[quote name='gunm']You have a house full of 360s?
[/QUOTE]
Yes, one in the master bedroom, one in the den, and one in a playroom. All connect except the one in the playroom.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I mean I haven't actually seen a trailer with Tasky yet. Just seen pics. I actually like Deadpool's quotes and the stuff he says in the game.
[/QUOTE]

I posted a link to the reveal videos earlier, but since you're probably lazy:

Akuma reveal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vML5_k5zi8U

Akuma gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNa27VmrxgI

Taskmaster reveal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Alwot3BH_o

Taskmaster gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qws8odN4t4A

And I have no problem with deadpool saying cool shit. But, to me, listening to him scream "I HEAR BULLETS TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!!!" will be old within the first week, since it happens every time he shoots his guns. :|

[quote name='Cheska19']Well Im still going to give it a try, most people seem to enjoy the game by the end so we'll see how far I get by tonight since LBP2 comes out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I think you should stick with it. I loved the game personally. What are you not liking about it? I missed that post.

And hi Gwen!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally found the library in Symphony of the Night and was killed on the way back to a save point, so I have to start all over again. The map I had said there was a save point right around there, but I see any way to get there nor did the map I bought show that as a real place.[/QUOTE]

You can't get to that one until you have the double jump or bat soul I think. Its a platform thats above the staircase going down to the corridors leading to the librarian.

[quote name='guinaevere']Hi gun! How are you and all the rest of you doing?[/QUOTE]

Can't complain, thanks for asking! Been playing Borderlands PS3 online with my buddy who recently (finally) got a PS3 of his own and also Singularity which has been pretty good so far.

How about you? What's your gaming pleasure right now? Hope the New Year is treating you right.

[quote name='whoknows']I think you should stick with it. I loved the game personally. What are you not liking about it? I missed that post.

And hi Gwen![/QUOTE]

God damn you jerkdishes are lazy.
I think she has the same major complaints as everyone who has complaints. Chapters 1 and 2 suck and they're really long. She may have additional complaints such as "the combat isn't great" or "the story is annoying"... I remember she said it looked nice but it hadn't grabbed her really and she was annoyed with chapter length and was somewhere in Chapter 2. :p

Bought Tetris on PSN. Played the main mode and got to first on my friends list pretty easily (with ~190k). I like the variants that they have, though I haven't seen anything that wasn't on the PSP version yet.

Let me rephrase that, I haven't played one recently, like in 15 years. I do remember playing two older PC adventure games. One was a Mother Goose themed game and the other was Star Trek. I don't remember if i beat them but I do remember I enjoyed them.

[quote name='guinaevere']Excellent GGT Title. I had fun subjecting friends to some of Daytona's classic tunes that I threw on a CD.

Yes, we're still friends. But things were never quite the same after that.[/QUOTE]
My friends and I used to sing them in the hallways during high school. Just yelling that shit out loud, but people knew we didn't give a fuck about looking goofy or whatever.

The only game soundtrack I have in my car is the Outrun 2006 OST. Magical Sound Shower makes drifting around snowy roads in my '90 Camry all the more thrilling. :bouncy:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']For some reason my 360 refuses to connect to live, but 360s in all the other rooms in my house are connecting just fine.[/QUOTE]
Are there any IP conflicts? Did you get BANNED?

[quote name='gunm']Can't complain, thanks for asking! Been playing Borderlands PS3 online with my buddy who recently (finally) got a PS3 of his own and also Singularity which has been pretty good so far. [/quote]Awesome to hear!

I love Borderlands, I need to DL Claptraps story and get back to that soon. I was watching Cyric play with one of his friends, literally from the opening scene. His buddy tossed him a weapon, he sold it and his money was maxed out. Are there tons of hacks on the Triple version of Borderlands? I don't remember our buddy having crazy weapons like that when they played on the 360.

How about you? What's your gaming pleasure right now? Hope the New Year is treating you right.
I wound up with a pretty bad spinal injury back in September, so I've been laid up in bed doing nothing sleeping
pain pills are good stuff X(
and playing DS games. I'm technically not supposed to be climbing stairs yet, but the entertainment room is upstairs, I was going stir crazy, and I've been dying to play Dead Rising 2. So my brother walks behind me as I climb the stairs and we've been playing that as of the past couple weeks. I can tell he's getting tired of that and wants to move on to another game, but DR I played so many times, I don't even remember. And I'm enjoying DR2 just about as much, so I'll prolly be sticking with this for a while.

The cool thing is, we finally found out that our online connection was good enough for both of us to play online together. That's nice in and of itself, but I'm psyched because if I move my 360 down to my bedroom, I could play online even if he's playing something else online. I've had xbl gold for a few years, and never played anyone other than my brothers.

Hey whoknows, hi dallow, and Hi everyone!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The only game soundtrack I have in my car is the Outrun 2006 OST. Magical Sound Shower makes drifting around snowy roads in my '90 Camry all the more thrilling. :bouncy:

Are there any IP conflicts? Did you get BANNED?[/QUOTE]
I listen to the ODST and Reach soundtracks while I walk my block. It's soothing.

And nope, called my ISP and they said they've just been having a slow day because they had to update some shit and I wasn't the only one having some trouble connecting to LIVE. It's been able to connect for about the last half hour.

I tweaked my back two weeks ago and that shit sucked hardcore. Felt like I was in a car wreck. No pain pills either. But I got liquored up enough that weekend to dance and not feel it.

Until I woke up the next day, that is. :cry:

Get better, Gwen.

Man, New Vegas is pretty cool. I had a herd of big horns kill my ass. Those bastards can run.

Played some more Front Mission Evolved today, and I don't think it's that bad. Granted the fact that I only paid like $15 for it probably colors that impression, and I definitely wish it was a SRPG...

Ouch, sorry to hear about your physical troubles Gwen. Here's hoping for a quick recovery!

I dunno about hacks for Borderlands Triple, still doing the early part of the first playthrough. I assume you can still do the high level weapon drops for lower level co-ops though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']bleh New Vegas can go back to atmoic waist...[/QUOTE]

I just started New Vegas recently too, so far I think it's all right, but not much different than Fallout 3 which was a good game with some enjoyable parts but the story was a major let down for me, and from Obsidian's past games I doubt they are going to have any better of a story than what Bethesda could come up with (and Bethesda isn't great at telling stories either, like they make some interesting quests but their over arcing plots are usually awful or at the very list not interesting in the slightest).

[quote name='icebeast']and from Obsidian's past games I doubt they are going to have any better of a story than what Bethesda could come up with.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back