GGT 87's AI Freakin' Cheats, So I Smashed My Controller. That'll Teach 'Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching some videos of Dead Space, I'm on the fence, and leaning towards not getting it. The combat looks shitty and repetitive.

Cold Fear: Part Deux, I say.

me too but the comics on PSN are getting me interested into it....i think ill get it since ill probably have finished SHH by then...i might as well pick up the prequel BD as well.

made sushi today and played wipeout... good day so far... slept in till 5pm, that helps...

Dead Space is what I can say is a game with a good budget and everything will be well done, but nothing will be really anything to write home about. I expect it to take off well once it gets a few games under its franchise belt. I at least hope it dosn't turn to Assasin Creed type of hype, which it is now at the moment happening with Dead Space.

if you want my opinions on it watch the dead space discussion on 1up:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20782

Wow! Not too long after starting up a trade list I'm already working on selling Sam.7 and Metroid Pinball :)

Samurai 7 Blu-Ray, here I come!!!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm just turning into a hater now. I look at games coming out and just don't care 95% of the time. So don't mind me, I'll be over here, hating. ;)[/quote]

Add me to your side of the world.

plus it dosn't help when the stuff you actually want nobody else wants...

and why the fuck does US still suck? Japan gets these cheap packs whule the US eats dick:

51GOd6SofLL._SS500_.jpg

61LcESG46aL._SS500_.jpg

51IcRaxz-bL._SS500_.jpg

suck japan's dick once in a while US.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Guess I'm the only left in here who likes games.[/quote]
I like games to Rei!
I'm actually one of those people who says "OOH LOOK A PRETTY NEW GAME" once I see it. I probably won't end up buying said game though. There aren't very many games I own that I don't like.

Damn those are some sweet 2 packs. Capcom, we need shit like that here. :bomb:

I like games. I just don't like today's popular games. I roll my eyes when I walk into the Wii section at Best Buy, but who doesn't? Basically, the games I like are now considered niche, while the games I don't i.e. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Wii games, Call of Duty, etc. are ones that I don't like.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Damn those are some sweet 2 packs. Capcom, we need shit like that here. :bomb:

I like games. I just don't like today's popular games. I roll my eyes when I walk into the Wii section at Best Buy, but who doesn't? Basically, the games I like are now considered niche, while the games I don't i.e. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Wii games, Call of Duty, etc. are ones that I don't like.[/quote]

preach it bother.

as games get more mainstream, the more they lose their good ole' niche-ness.

on that note, if anyone has decent taste, get this when the Euro translated version hits... Know your Roots!!!

51EwKIAfIJL._SS500_.jpg

:lol: I think everyone in this thread can say they love games. no hate people, just semi-sober love...

also anyone know when this is getting a US release? its been confirmed for a while that there will be a US release (I think), but it looks very good. hopefully as good as front mission 3...

51TA2MZCANL._SS400_.jpg

I love games, just certain ones. It's like anything, like movies and music.

I've been around the block long enough to know what I like and what I don't like. I'm surprised sometimes, but I can usually tell if I'll like or dislike a game just by looking at it now, and who's making it.

Different strokes for different folks.

whoo! I beat Wario Shake It.

the game sucks!!

cant wait to get my full refund!

maybe tomorrow, maybe wednesday when I go to buy Silent Hill... we'll see

Man, I can't believe how much interest is coming in over the trade list...
AND OMGZ I'm up really late!
I should go to sleep soon!
VIKINGS TOMORROW :) :)

[quote name='JEKKI']
maybe tomorrow, maybe wednesday when I go to buy Silent Hill... we'll see[/quote]
Reviews of the new Silent Hill are not very positive. Fair warning.

I hope it'll be easy to use the database and add multiple #s of the same title.

I use Excel cuz it's the easiest for me right now.

[quote name='MarkMan']I hope it'll be easy to use the database and add multiple #s of the same title.

I use Excel cuz it's the easiest for me right now.[/quote]

From what I remember, multiple copies will be allowed in lists. I also hear that you haves/wants will be pared with other peoples' wants/haves. ie. hooking up trades will be super fast and easy.

[quote name='zewone']No other Front Mission will be as good as Front Mission 3.[/quote]

I hope your wrong. a better one would be great.

I FINALLY got to finish ToV Yesterday. I'm a little sad by the fact I only had 1555 GRADE when I started an EX game. But I was atleast able to get 2X Ep and keep all my titles.

Yeeeeeees! one week till Gundam 00 S2 starts up. I need more giant robots blowing things up. Now if Bandai would announce when they plan to release season 1 on DVD (and hopefully on Blu ray).

I have to catch up on Macross F. I stopped watching around ep 12. At this point I might wait for it to be released on DVD statside.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']also anyone know when this is getting a US release? its been confirmed for a while that there will be a US release (I think), but it looks very good. hopefully as good as front mission 3...

51TA2MZCANL._SS400_.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Never. Square Enix hates Western Front Mission fans...

[quote name='refusedchaos']man, i want my front mission 5 to come stateside....[/QUOTE]
...and this is why :bomb: They had planned on bringing FM5 over, but someone else had the rights to the subtitle "Scars of the War" in the US. Makes me wonder why they didn't just change it, like they did with It's a Wonderful World/The World Ends With You.

Ranting aside, nope, I haven't heard anything concrete about a Western release of FM2089. Also, I liked FM4 more than FM3... the main character in the latter was way too histrionic >_>

Good morning GGT. Started Rhapsody last night. It is really cute and sugary sweet, and the music is great. Wish the gameplay wasn't so super ridiculously easy, though.

Yeah, I did put Black Sigil on my list I posted yesterday of games I plan on getting. I'm anxious to see how its gonna do. The game's been in development for years, originally supposed to be on the GBA, then delayed for the DS. It looks really old-school SNES-style in graphics and stuff, so I'm hoping it delivers in gameplay and story.

EDIT: Oh, and I think my girlfriend has already gotten me a Wii for Christmas. Ugh. Should I dump her now or wait till later? Crazy bitch buying Xmas gifts early. What was she thinking? I have never once told her that a Wii was something I really wanted. In fact, I remember saying the exact opposite. Shit. Now if I tell her I don't want it, she'll probably either get all mad, or feel bad or something. Oh well, I guess I can look on the bright side, since now I can play Tales of Symphonia 2. However, if she gets me Wii Fit with it, I'm gonna beat the hell out of her with the balance board.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm back to thinking about a PS3. Looking at the exclusives released already, the free (Right?) online play, and the Blu-Ray player, I'm finding it easier to justify. The only things holding me back are knowing I won't use it for multiplatform games (all my friends play 360/I'm a gamerscore whore), and I don't see anything addtional releasing this year, other than LBP.

So, PS3 fans, what exclusives are on tap for next year?

Also, does the PS3 have WiFi or do I need another fucking ethernet cord pissing me off?

Whaaa.

From Walmart.com:

PlayStation 3 80 GB Console

Includes:

• PLAYSTATION 3 80GB system
  • DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller
  • Free PLAYSTATION®Network membership
  • Internet ready Wi-Fi
  • 80GB of hard disk storage for all your games, music, videos, and photos.
Every PS3 comes with a built-in Blu-ray player to give you the best high-definition viewing experience and pristine picture quality. Plus, the PS3 can play your entire catalog of CDs and DVDs.

Fat Princess.

I love my PS3. It's actually getting a lot more play time than my 360 nowadays. I'm kind of the opposite, multiplatform games I'll be getting on that tripple barring any special 360 content, and the 360 is there for exclusives.

I like games, but I'm also not going to pretend like something that looks shitty is something I'm excited for. Believe it or not, you can like games in general, but not like every single piece of garbage that comes your way.

[quote name='zewone']No other Front Mission will be as good as Front Mission 3.[/QUOTE]
Sad but true. FM3 was just too good.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I FINALLY got to finish ToV Yesterday. I'm a little sad by the fact I only had 1555 GRADE when I started an EX game. But I was atleast able to get 2X Ep and keep all my titles.

Yeeeeeees! one week till Gundam 00 S2 starts up. I need more giant robots blowing things up. Now if Bandai would announce when they plan to release season 1 on DVD (and hopefully on Blu ray).[/QUOTE]
They announced the Gundam 00 DVDs already. They're coming out the beginning of next year, and the show will be airing on the Sci-Fi channel in like a month.

[quote name='blueshinra']Never. Square Enix hates Western Front Mission fans...

...and this is why :bomb: They had planned on bringing FM5 over, but someone else had the rights to the subtitle "Scars of the War" in the US. Makes me wonder why they didn't just change it, like they did with It's a Wonderful World/The World Ends With You.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me started-.- I set aside time every night to cry about not getting FM5.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Fat Princess.

I love my PS3. It's actually getting a lot more play time than my 360 nowadays. I'm kind of the opposite, multiplatform games I'll be getting on that tripple barring any special 360 content, and the 360 is there for exclusives.[/QUOTE]
I'm starting to do the same. Most of my multiplatform games are being bought for the PS3. I just had to send in my 4th 360. It's nice to know the system I play my games on will always work.

Oh yeah, I forgots about Fat Princess.

Don't forget about that gamesharing JSP. While I don't jump for it, I hear others think its another groovy reason for a triple.

Resident Evil 5 is looking sooo cool. Zombies on dirtbikes? HELL YEAH!!! I mean, what other game can deliver that??

Meh. Your logic will get you no wins here, Rei.

Resident Evil = Zombies

Whatever you call them. They've never really been traditional zombies in any of the games actually. Its all some kinda zombie-flu virus thing. But anyway...

Capcom doing a Wii-release of the Gamecube RE Zero and now REmake makes me wonder if they will eventually find their way over here bundled together now.

They were traditional zombies in all the games but 4. It doesn't matter how they're made, a zombie is merely a reanimated dead person. The people in RE4 never died first, and from the looks of everything we've seen in the RE5 trailer it's the same as RE4.

It's just one of those things that annoy me when people make the mistake lol. Like the difference between dragons and wyverns. I hated when I'd play Monster Hunter online, and people would be like "let's go kill a dragon!" There's only two dragons in that game! Everything else is a wyvern.

Well, not all of them died to become zombies. If you'll remember some of the files found even back in the first RE, where live people caught the virus and then turned into zombies without actually dying. Like in that one dude's diary where he is talking normal, then his later entries are all one-word sentences about being itcy and hungry. But I do see your point that they are different "zombies" in RE4.

By the way, should I pick up Ar Tonelico? I've heard mixed reviews, and there's a couple copies at the local GS and I was wanting to take advantage of that B2G1 sale and couldn't find much else I was interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back