GGT 89 Brought to you by Beast Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jersey Shore is DRAMAFEST 2001 right now. Holy shit.

[quote name='seanr1221']Notice how JSP stopped posting and linkpwns started?[/QUOTE]
Conspiracy?

They aren't the same. :bouncy:

[quote name='seanr1221']It was on 1up and Kotaku.[/QUOTE]
I just saw it :cold:

Man, I hope I don't get banned. I also hope the other CAGs don't get banned. I wonder if my account gets banned if I'll be able to make a case against MS since I didn't know the points were stolen (no one did at the time, and I would have if not for the mods deleting the thread here). Also, everyone that wrote their articles need to fact-check some more, this whole thing started a week ago today with two sellers selling the codes on Ebay.

Yeah, I understand that you gotta get the news story out, but still.. Seems kinda shoddy. Man, I haven't read a gaming news site in a while, it's funny to see how all the top stories are the same.

OMG Jersey Shore. Cannot wait for next week. It's going to be soooooooooooooooooooo amazing.

DRAMA

Teen Mom 2 and The Shore next week = DRAMA ON LOCKDOWN

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, the story Kotaku got is all wrong, they think it all happened within a few hours and shit's been going on since last Thursday.[/QUOTE]

To reiterate what sean said: It's Kotaku.

[quote name='seanr1221']If it weren't for Kotaku, I wouldn't have known some random show mentioned a video game![/QUOTE]

Or that [insert random current major news item] is going on and some person involved once had something very small to do with something related to a video game.

[quote name='ihadFG']To reiterate what sean said: It's Kotaku.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I know, I just still expected some form of news sleuthing.

[quote name='seanr1221']If it weren't for Kotaku, I wouldn't have known some random show mentioned a video game![/QUOTE]
It kinda makes me sad that a majority of their pieces seem to be like that.

They're banning everyone that bought points from it rather than just the idiots that exploited it? The Joystiq article I read doesn't mention anything about MS banning anybody, just voiding the ill-gotten points.

[quote name='Chacrana']Jersey Shore is jaw dropping. My jaw has seriously been suspended for five minutes.[/QUOTE]

NO SPOILARS.
I'm downloading it now.

[quote name='whoknows']I really need to find a deal on Knights Contract. Everyone is saying how GOTY it is.[/QUOTE]

GOTY? More like Game of the Forever.

ihadFG's avatar reminds me to buy Deadly Premonition.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sean's right that linkpwns started posting the GGT after JSP stopped posting, which is a bit of a suspicious coincidence.[/QUOTE]
I also posted again a few months back...
Besides, sean knows who I am! :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sean's right that linkpwns started posting the GGT after JSP stopped posting, which is a bit of a suspicious coincidence.[/QUOTE]

hmm...

[quote name='linkpwns']ihadFG's avatar reminds me to buy Deadly Premonition.
[/QUOTE]

Nah, linkpwns is much cooler than JSP. :cool:

[quote name='whoknows']True.

And if it's that good it must be worth the $60.[/QUOTE]

It's worth buying multiple copies even. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I'm worried I would have nothing to live for after experiencing perfection for the first time.

[quote name='ihadFG']hmm...

Nah, linkpwns is much cooler than JSP. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Different shticks to throw off the trail and be smarter than DPsx7.

[quote name='ihadFG']It's worth buying multiple copies even. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I'm worried I would have nothing to live for after experiencing perfection for the first time.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking I should sell every game I own and buy as many copies of Knights Contract as I can.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm thinking I should sell every game I own and buy as many copies of Knights Contract as I can.[/QUOTE]

I would make out with you right now if you were here with me because that is the greatest idea I have ever heard.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just saw it :cold:

Man, I hope I don't get banned. I also hope the other CAGs don't get banned. I wonder if my account gets banned if I'll be able to make a case against MS since I didn't know the points were stolen (no one did at the time, and I would have if not for the mods deleting the thread here). Also, everyone that wrote their articles need to fact-check some more, this whole thing started a week ago today with two sellers selling the codes on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

(1) They won't ban you -- it's not like someone was disclosing the fact that you were buying a counterfeit code. Think about it -- if you use counterfeit money to buy something, what will most likely happen: (1) They arrest you for using it, "unknowingly" or (2) They confiscate your counterfeit money and it becomes useless. The answer is (2).
(2) Speaking of (2), if you have points and MS figures out they came from counterfeit before you use them, they confiscate them, just like the 3k+ points I had disappear and could not get back.
(3) Considering (1) and (2), in my experience, if you use them, it's MS that takes the loss, just like if you went and bought something like... a fight stick. When the retailer (or whomever) figures out that the money is counterfeit, they don't really have a means to track it back and figure out exactly which purchase was made with it and try to go after that person. None of the stuff I bought with the cheap "shady" points I once had was ever taken away, but I'm guessing that when MS figured out a chunk of points were added to my account and could rescind some of them, they did.

My advice? You're not going to get banned, nothing you did constitutes breaking the ToS, and using the rest of the points before they possibly take them away shouldn't change anything. Especially if you had points on your account prior to acquiring the "shady" points... who's to say which points were used to purchase what?

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](1) They won't ban you -- it's not like someone was disclosing the fact that you were buying a counterfeit code. Think about it -- if you use counterfeit money to buy something, what will most likely happen: (1) They arrest you for using it, "unknowingly" or (2) They confiscate your counterfeit money and it becomes useless. The answer is (2).
(2) Speaking of (2), if you have points and MS figures out they came from counterfeit before you use them, they confiscate them, just like the 3k+ points I had disappear and could not get back.
(3) Considering (1) and (2), in my experience, if you use them, it's MS that takes the loss, just like if you went and bought something like... a fight stick. When the retailer (or whomever) figures out that the money is counterfeit, they don't really have a means to track it back and figure out exactly which purchase was made with it and try to go after that person. None of the stuff I bought with the cheap "shady" points I once had was ever taken away, but I'm guessing that when MS figured out a chunk of points were added to my account and could rescind some of them, they did.

My advice? You're not going to get banned, nothing you did constitutes breaking the ToS, and using the rest of the points before they possibly take them away shouldn't change anything. Especially if you had points on your account prior to acquiring the "shady" points... who's to say which points were used to purchase what?[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot for helping me feel better about this, Frosty :grouphug:

I love you, whoknows.

Man, what's everyone's PS3 theme? I can't decide what to use... I was using a site with custom PS3 themes, but it became hard to find ones that were better than what I had.

I use the regular plain ol' PS3 theme since I always seem to be reseting my PS3's display settings when I hop between my 1080p monitor, my 720p TV, and 720p at my friend's house on my other monitor.

Too lazy to keep changing.

I use the Sports Champions theme, because the girls thumb goes through the ping pong paddle.

Also it was free.

Sometimes I use the HOME theme though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I love you, whoknows.

Man, what's everyone's PS3 theme? I can't decide what to use... I was using a site with custom PS3 themes, but it became hard to find ones that were better than what I had.[/QUOTE]

Whatever the default one is.

I was using the Chinese Year of the Rabbit background, but it's beginning to get old and I've only been using it for like, a day.

Speaking of HOME, I turned on auto-updating on my ps3 and today it told me that it turned itself on last night to download HOME updates! I haven't touched that shit since November. Why would it download updates for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back