GGT 89 is my name and I'm a puppeteer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']I always forget how many kids there are in this thread.

Then someone brings up naruto.

And I go "ahh, that's right".[/quote]

So ... just you then?

[quote name='distgfx']You bought it to flip? You bastard. I will end you for this injustice and bla bla bla. Yes, the Naruto PS3 game demo is indeed awesome. Shame it doesn't come out until November.[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least I'm trying the game :p

About Naruto, it is a shame it doesn't come out until November. It's also a shame it comes out the same day as Resistance 2 :bomb:

[quote name='distgfx']So ... just you then?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about him. When it comes to Jer 99% of the time it's best to just ignore him.

[quote name='whoknows']Hey, at least I'm trying the game :p

About Naruto, it is a shame it doesn't come out until November. It's also a shame it comes out the same day as Resistance 2 :bomb:[/quote]

Well, as long as you're trying it. Naruto comes out the same day? Guess Resistance 2 will have to come later. I like Resistance and all, but I'm kinda burnt on shooters.

[quote name='whoknows']Don't worry about him. When it comes to Jer 99% of the time it's best to just ignore him.[/quote]

The 1% I do pay attention I like to comment just to get a reaction.

[quote name='distgfx']Well, as long as you're trying it. Naruto comes out the same day? Guess Resistance 2 will have to come later. I like Resistance and all, but I'm kinda burnt on shooters.[/QUOTE]
I'm tired of shooters as well, but as far as Resistance goes, looks to be the best of the year. The single player looks great, and the online looks amazing. I'll try to get both at release, but if it comes down to one or the other I will probably go R2.

The 1% I do pay attention I like to comment just to get a reaction.

I used to do that, but I got bored of it.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm tired of shooters as well, but as far as Resistance goes, looks to be the best of the year. The single player looks great, and the online looks amazing. I'll try to get both at release, but if it comes down to one or the other I will probably go R2.

I used to do that, but I got bored of it.[/quote]

True, Resistance 2 does seem to be the FPS of the year but I just want something new and different. So while Resistance 2 will be awesome and what not, I still need something fresh. Though with spiderman web of shadows and DBZ Infinite Universe (is that it?) coming up, I may get my fill. We shall see what the upcoming months have to offer.

[quote name='distgfx']True, Resistance 2 does seem to be the FPS of the year but I just want something new and different. So while Resistance 2 will be awesome and what not, I still need something fresh. Though with spiderman web of shadows and DBZ Infinite Universe (is that it?) coming up, I may get my fill. We shall see what the upcoming months have to offer.[/QUOTE]

8 player online co-op= :drool:

Looks like Insomniac went all out on this one. Can't wait.

Spider-Man has me intrigued, if it gets decent reviews I'll give it a shot.
Symbiote Wolverine looked cool

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Please don't let Nintendo mess up Punch-Out. Please let them have a classic control scheme in it...[/quote]

Exact same response I had, it looks... good.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm 25 lol[/quote]

No way.

[quote name='whoknows']8 player online co-op= :drool:

Looks like Insomniac went all out on this one. Can't wait.

Spider-Man has me intrigued, if it gets decent reviews I'll give it a shot.
Symbiote Wolverine looked cool
[/quote]

Whoa, whoa, whoa... 8 player online co-op? I had no idea. I may have to reconsider.

Put in a good 4 hours of The Witcher tonight. Unbelievably good. Definitely the Western RPG I've been waiting for for years. I love that the game is more methodical, so that you spend a good amount of time exploring and talking to people rather than fighting every 10 seconds.

Goddamnit, that Live 365/DNA stuff they were hyping for NBA Live 09 is a $20 add-on! I mean, I know I should've known better, but shit that is just fucking ridiculous.

Eh, I'll just return the game and stick with 2K again. I'm sure 2K's real time update features are not free either, but I only need one b-ball game.

Oops, I'm still downloading the 2K demo. I better hold that thought until I get a chance to play it. :p

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm still not sold on the witcher... Mass Effect was and is pretty damn hard to take over in terms of a western RPG.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect was damn good, but The Witcher does pretty much everything better - the exploration, the character development, the combat... it's some pretty wicked awesome shit. Plus, you can totally just kill homeless people and town guards if you want to. None of that Oblivion shit where you just knock them out or hafta go to jail. You go for that goddamn jugular. You should check it.

i'll get to the witcher EE but does the US version have an uncensored patch?
id rather get that one since im guessing it'll be cheaper and the same as the Uk version with the patch

I don't think there's a patch out for the EE. I went with the UK one myself, because it was only $10 more, and I didn't want a censored version of the game. The stuff they censored was pretty minor (well, except I did just see this one ho that was like... buck-ass naked, just walkin' around like it was something to do), so chances are it wouldn't really bother you if you didn't have access to it.

Hopefully Sacred 2 will be uncensored in the US, unlike the original game. I think it was published by Empire Interactive, so it got all the blood and shit cut out. Not that the original was a very good game, but yeah.

Western RPGs are fun to discuss when there's halfway decent ones out.

damn then maybe i'll have to get the UK version eventually i hate having a censored game >< that or i'll wait for a patch since by the time that comes out i'll hopefully have a job so i can get me some pc games

Ah, the Live 365 add-on is just for people who pick up the copy of the game used, or have otherwise used up their in-copy activation code.

I may still end up with just 2K9, though.

The pinoys and nihonjin can dayance booyeeeee!!!

Where JEKKI at?!?

Fight night round 3 is a ton of fon. My buddy and I had a blast with it before and after the debate, and I just stayed up way to late giving the single player a go after he left.

Hopefully there wlll be a round 4 soon. The graphics in this are pretty impressive for a first gen 360 game, I'd love to see what they could do now later into the gen.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Fight night round 3 is a ton of fon. My buddy and I had a blast with it before and after the debate, and I just stayed up way to late giving the single player a go after he left.

Hopefully there wlll be a round 4 soon. The graphics in this are pretty impressive for a first gen 360 game, I'd love to see what they could do now later into the gen.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why they bothered with the Facebreaker shit. :puke:

Isn't there a new FN being made?

[quote name='MarkMan']Mike Tyson's FIGHT NIGHT[/QUOTE]
I will guarantee that he'll be easier to beat in FN than in Punch Out.

It better have ear biting. . .

How's everyone doing? I've been kinda absent for most of the thread... sorry :whistle2:( :lol:

So I was totally asleep, drugged up so I can sleep off my cold. But it's totally thirsty thursday and I've got DudeBroChad's on either side of me. Loud mother fuckers woke me up. So after clicking around CAG a bit, I'm going to curl up in bed again and play my DS until I can sleep again.

I'm hoping everyone else is okay. fucking stock up on vitamin C or some shit. This cold business is utter B.S.

hooray i beat a stage in MM9(galaxy man)
dont kno if i'll ever beat the game but damn i couldnt resist the music and 8 bit style >

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Please don't let Nintendo mess up Punch-Out. Please let them have a classic control scheme in it...[/QUOTE]

You don't know Nintendo too well, do you?

[quote name='Chacrana']Put in a good 4 hours of The Witcher tonight. Unbelievably good. Definitely the Western RPG I've been waiting for for years. I love that the game is more methodical, so that you spend a good amount of time exploring and talking to people rather than fighting every 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Is it still PC RPG combat of "click on the enemy furiously until it's dead"?

good morning... at work now listening to the Braid soundtrack on the lab sound system.

I gotta model a human body in maya for the next few weeks starting today. not easy.

at work today I plan on finding some flash indie games to kill time as well as watch a few movies while I work on my model.

For Punch Out to be good they're either going to have to destroy the foundation of Wii Boxing and make something amazingly different, or destroy the whole vibe of the original Punch Out and just borrow its aesthetic.

The NES game was so much about rhythm; I'm just not convinced that can work with the motion stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning GGT. Palin is so... ARRRGH :bomb: Biden did well, though.

Anyway, now that I'm done with Rhapsody, it's back to Fire Emblem for me.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Oh my God. Another Day on TWEWY is fucking hilarious.

"Aww, Black & Blue, you're a bruise on the tomato of my life."[/QUOTE]
There's a cute little jab at Advent Children's English dub, too. The TWEWY script overall is fantastic.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Your top 5 DS games and maybe a little reason why?[/QUOTE]
- Planet Puzzle League - crack
- Animal Crossing: Wild World - cute crack
- Any Ace Attorney game, especially PWAA: Trials and Tribulations - funny and engaging
- Kirby Canvas Curse - good platformer overall, great gameplay and graphics
- The World Ends With You - best RPG on the system

Honorable mentions: Rune Factory, Sonic Rush, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Front Mission, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, etc.

[quote name='Ahadi']I'm hoping everyone else is okay. fucking stock up on vitamin C or some shit. This cold business is utter B.S.[/QUOTE]
Hope you get well soon! I'm just getting over a bad cold myself... plus I get allergies this time of year >_

I forgot Hotel Dusk!! DDD: I did like the Ace Attorney games better (they have more gameplay, for one thing), but Hotel Dusk is a great experience.

My top five is still the same, though. There's so much great stuff on the DS; it's hard to pick just five :|

[quote name='Ahadi']I'm hoping everyone else is okay. fucking stock up on vitamin C or some shit. This cold business is utter B.S.[/quote]I was living off of Honey Lemon Cough Drops and Citrus Vitamin C drops yesterday. Seem to be better early this morning. Have to see how my voice holds out after the kids' chapel time and the class I teach.

RR: Hotel Dusk was in my honorable mention list. That game is awesome, although in truth it's more of a book than a game, but it's still fantastic. I love the aesthetic.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Starting DS collection. I will probably buy Phantom Hourglass and one other game at first.

Your top 5 DS games and maybe a little reason why?[/quote]

1. Contra 4 (fuck yea)
2. Space Invaders Extreme
3. Ace Attorney Series
4. Professor Layton
5. Hotel Dusk

Old school action goodness + old school adventuring.

Contra 4 is amazing.

[quote name='daroga']For Punch Out to be good they're either going to have to destroy the foundation of Wii Boxing and make something amazingly different, or destroy the whole vibe of the original Punch Out and just borrow its aesthetic.

The NES game was so much about rhythm; I'm just not convinced that can work with the motion stuff.[/QUOTE]
Which is why I have almost zero hope for the new Punch-Out. Which makes me sad since I've been waiting for a new game in that series for so long.

[quote name='pete5883']You don't know Nintendo too well, do you?
[/quote]

He probably used to, just like me. Now we're not so sure about Nintendo.

At least we got a true punch out sequel rather than EA trying to claim their facebreaker is the successor to it or whatever the hell they said to insult punch out.

[quote name='daroga']

RR: Hotel Dusk was in my honorable mention list. That game is awesome, although in truth it's more of a book than a game, but it's still fantastic. I love the aesthetic.[/quote]

good point. I still wish the game would have a continuation. still a chance.

also, I'm reading up on some illustration tutorials... I skipped one real quick since I was having fun with a brush and made this in 10 min :)

ryu.png

still trying to figure out how to get true black on the inks...

[quote name='pete5883']
Is it still PC RPG combat of "click on the enemy furiously until it's dead"?[/QUOTE]

No, it's more or less rhythm based, so if you start a combo, you have to click again at the right time to continue it, and if you time it well you can do more damage. And you have spells and different stances to use and all that.

Thanks for the get well wishes.

My top 5 DS games?
1. Pokemon Diamond
2. Animal Crossing
3. Phoenix Wright 1
4. WarioWare Touched!
5. Civilization DS
-and that goes by how much time I put into the games and how long I actually kept them.

The World Ends With You is really that good? I'm very curious about it. I may have to look in to it...

You guys are too cynical about Nintendo. They haven't been the ones forcing motion controls into games that don't need it. Mario Strikers, Wario Land Shake It!, Super Paper Mario, and Metroid Prime 3 all used it to good effect and in moderation.

Wii Punch Out will most likely focus more on analog stick for left right dodge, nunchuk button for left bunch, remote trigger for right punch, and some kind of swinging motion for a finishing punch that isn't timed or anything, just done when the opponent is staggering or something. Kinda like how No More Heroes used the waggle for finishing attacks.

This will be in addition to another option that uses waggle completely and isn't as fun.

Dragon Quest 4 is still holding my interest. I think I might actually complete this game tape.

DQIV holding interest? I didn't last 3 hours. Same with Etrian Odyssey. I guess I can't handle these old school and "first person" RPGs.

DQ4 isn't first person. I got bored of Etrian Odyssey quickly too. DQ4 might be boring if not for the fact that the random battles are so fast (Most random encounters take 10-20 seconds from being removed from the map to returning to it), and the characters have a lot of charm. The extra stuff like running a shop and the monster arena helps too.

Dang, I'm more excited for Chrono Trigger DS than any game coming out for the rest of the year. Some of the screenshots seem to show that the bottom screen will feature a map like in FFIV DS, which is gonna be awesome. Also, they're supposed to be adding a new dungeon, so at least there will be some new content.

I played the Bioshock demo off PSN. Very well done, and I enjoyed it. I'll probably wait for a price drop on this, but its definitely one I want to pick up eventually.

Gonna start to tackle the end dungeon of FFX-2 today. Maybe try to complete it.

Time to head home and work out as much as my cold will allow and catch up on some podcasts. Probably will just play some Wipeout or Mario RPG this afternoon and then babysitting for a friend/coworkers kids a bit in the afternoon before we all go out for pizza this evening. :)

Oh, I started Cave Story on the PSP. Excellent. I'll be buying that on the Wii to support the guy who made it. :)

Almost done with Rhapsody. I hate it when a game removes a high level character right before the end of a game. Now I am required to level up some other peons and hope they can pull the weight. Been really busy with life in general. PC is still DoA. 360 threw up the red light gang sign, called in a service repair, now the bastard won't show its red winking eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back