GGT 89 is my name and I'm a puppeteer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Krymner']Dang, I'm more excited for Chrono Trigger DS than any game coming out for the rest of the year. Some of the screenshots seem to show that the bottom screen will feature a map like in FFIV DS, which is gonna be awesome. Also, they're supposed to be adding a new dungeon, so at least there will be some new content.
[/QUOTE]

A new dungeon? Ha! There's 2 new dungeons.

Dragon Quest IV bored me to death.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170334

Apparently, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are coming to the Wii with motion controls. I'll probably make the switch if they let you use the Gamecube controller still or improve the game somehow.

Also, that Oboro Muramasa whatever the fuck game is coming to the US.

I'm a lot happier about Nintendo than I was 24 hours ago. I guess the retarded DSi just put me in negative mode. And really, as much as I hate Nintendo for being so oriented towards know-nothings, the Wii definitely has more good exclusives than the PS3 and 360 both right now and on the calendar.

My top 5 DS games.

1. New Super Mario Bros-2D mario game, enough said.
2. Castlevania- Dawn of Sorrow- arguably the best of the Metroidvania games
3. Mario Kart DS- arguably the best in the Mario Kart series, though I ditched it a while back as I was sick of it
4. Kirby Canvas Curse- the only semi-traditional game I've played that made good use of the touch screen
5. Planet Puzzle League- tetris attack is still my favorite puzzler, and this is the latest version with a lot of modes, online pay etc.

Some others worth mentioning: Castlevania-Portrait of Ruin, Puzzle Quest, Picross, Brain Age 1 or 2 (mainly for Suduko for me), Kirby Super Star Ultra.

There are also a lot of good JRPGs and text adventures if those are your cup of tea. They're not mine and it's led to me not buying many DS games the past couple of years. You'll notice the vast majority of what I listed above came out in 2006 or earlier. Seems like most games the past couple of years have been JRPGs, strategy rpgs, text adventures or licensed shovelware. Still a great little system, but it's been slim picken's for me lately. Did just buy Kirby Superstar and looking forward to the new Castlevania.

[quote name='Chacrana']No, it's more or less rhythm based, so if you start a combo, you have to click again at the right time to continue it, and if you time it well you can do more damage. And you have spells and different stances to use and all that.[/QUOTE]
I'm impressed. I'll pick this up some day when I have no games. So probably around 2010.

Those were the glory days, Where did they go?

I miss Shawn Elliot already.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeLC3ecwmSo&feature=related[/MEDIA]

Wahoo! Finally beat FFX-2. Got a 99% completion, so there was 1 thing I missed in the game, but I'm happy with that. Guess I'll turn to Xenosaga Ep 2 now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck.... I win a beta sign up for LBP with a chance of 10 out of 850 and they send me an e-mail but forget to send the code >_

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Which is why I have almost zero hope for the new Punch-Out. Which makes me sad since I've been waiting for a new game in that series for so long.[/quote]

If it is being developed for the Wiimotion add-on, and the Wiimotion add-on is as good as they say, it could be a real winner. Gonna keep my eye on that one fo' sho'.

Here's my top 5:

1. Elite Beat Agents
2. Tetris DS
3. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
4. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
5. Yoshi's Island DS

I'm actually not a big fan of the Mario Kart DS, and actually probably play Mario Kart: Super Circuit as much as any of these games at the top of my list, but of course its not a DS game.

[quote name='gunm']If it is being developed for the Wiimotion add-on, and the Wiimotion add-on is as good as they say, it could be a real winner. Gonna keep my eye on that one fo' sho'.[/QUOTE]

Problem is it would be way too tiring to play very long. Think of how many punches are thrown per match in Punchout or Fight Night. I played a lot of fight night last night and my buddy and I were both in the 1000's most matches, unless one of us got an early KO.

So it could be good as psuedo exercise, but it would be hard to play through the whole sequence of fighters as in past Punch Out games without getting worn out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck.... I win a beta sign up for LBP with a chance of 10 out of 850 and they send me an e-mail but forget to send the code >_

[quote name='distgfx']I think you've just been struck by lightning. There's no way someone could be screwed that bad.[/quote]

here's what I got:

(Subject) Your LBP Code

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Enjoy: [email protected]

--
Ross Miller
Features Editor, Joystiq Network

exactly like that... >_< nothing... it says attachment but there's nothing attached.

yay! I got so distressed over the beta code I forget how happy that's going to make me :) I gotta see if I can do a quick remote play to setup my PS3 to start downloading.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yay! I got so distressed over the beta code I forget how happy that's going to make me :) I gotta see if I can do a quick remote play to setup my PS3 to start downloading.[/quote]

Oh goody, we may be able to play in the beta together.

Moving is so fun. Last time I helped friends move, it took 15 hours, started at noon, finished at 3 am. Lots of fun things, like moving a 34" Sony Wega HDTV, moving about a ton of books, and having one of my friends forget his car keys when we dropped off the Uhaul, so we had to walk almost 3 miles back to their apartment.

It was a long fucking day.

3DO

[quote name='Krymner']Wahoo! Finally beat FFX-2. Got a 99% completion, so there was 1 thing I missed in the game, but I'm happy with that. Guess I'll turn to Xenosaga Ep 2 now.[/QUOTE]
Even though it's not 100%, that's still impressive. Congrats! :applause:

Also, I too would like to know about de Blob. Looking forward to your impressions, botticus.

The Animal Crossing/WiiSpeak bundle is apparently now going to be $60, not $70. Kind of meh on the whole WiiSpeak idea, but I'm seriously considering it now. Thoughts, anyone?

Animal Crossing was fun back when I got my GC a month before Mario Sunshine was released. I put many, many hours into it.

Then I bought the DS AC and barely touched it. I sold it later. AC, to me, was different, but I don't think I'll ever need to play it again. I satisfied my curiosity with the first one.

AC was one of the reasons I wanted a Gamecube until I rented it. Blockbuster had it a week before it came out, for some reason. Saved me $50.

Well, AC itself is a no brainer for me; never played the GC one, but put some 300-400 hours into Wild World and have been looking forward to City Folk ever since it was barely hinted at. I'm just wondering if I should throw in another ten bucks for WiiSpeak, especially since I don't know if I'll ever use it.

On the other hand, if there's no way to get AC: City Folk without WiiSpeak, then I guess all this is moot :razz:

[quote name='DarthPuma']Should I get FF4? I wasn't a huge fan of 3. It was fun, but too old school.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Final Fantasy IV is great. It's got a story, the battles are quick, the challenge level is tough, though not unfair, etc. It's definitely worth picking up. Also, Final Fantasy III was complete dog shit.

Would play de Blob, but it looks dumb.

At home right now. Not sure what game to play :(

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, Final Fantasy IV is great. It's got a story, the battles are quick, the challenge level is tough, though not unfair, etc. It's definitely worth picking up. Also, Final Fantasy III was complete dog shit.

Would play de Blob, but it looks dumb.

At home right now. Not sure what game to play :([/quote]

You were just a smidge too late.

Are there any USB->PS2 converters?

Goozex delivers. I just got Jupiter Strike (PS1) complete with original longbox and manual.

Its a cheap StarFox Clone, but with a rudimentary, recharging homing laser that preceded the one in RayCrisis.

So, the SC4 stick is back down to 43 on amazon. With my giftcard, it would be 33. I really want to get it, but the only thing holding me back is that I wouldn't be able to play my PS2 games with it (I have a 40 gig).

Can you play PS2 games on your computer?

My friend bought Jupiter Strike for $5 from Best Buy in like 1998. I remember thinking it was horrible, but I don't remember much outside of that.

Hey gais!
Apparently I've been replaced around these parts? :whistle2:{
Sorry, I've been busy with AP English work to be posting much.
But in my free time I've been throwin down some Soul Caliber IV with Chac, and some Rock Band 2 by myself, so hit me up if you wanna play.

ahhhh! almost weekend!! 2.25 more hours til I'm outta here!!

I hear voices... VOICES!!

calling me back!

to Silent Hill...

come home like homecoming yo

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's cool, we all at some point enjoy a bad game. It's like watching Roadhouse, so bad it's good. :)[/QUOTE]

aww man I thought u said Roundhouse... that show was hella tite!!

-EDITS-

dang new 1up show is out and I havent even watched or at least skimmed thru last week's...

RE5, LBP beta, and Wipeout PS3

[quote name='DarthPuma']Can you play PS2 games on your computer?[/quote]

Yes.

Damn, the BioShock demo for PS3 surprisingly bumped down my interest in it a lot. There was just something about it that I didn't like.

Installing BioShock PS3 demo now. I'm a hater of BioShock, but I'm curious about the port quality. Plus then I get to make fun of the beginning part again. :)

[quote name='distgfx']Yes.

Damn, the BioShock demo for PS3 surprisingly bumped down my interest in it a lot. There was just something about it that I didn't like.[/quote]

Care to explain how?

Assuming it's legal. I just wanna be able to play my fighters with my stick if I buy it.

It's legal if you own a PS2, since you need to download the PS2 bios off tha internetz. It's called like SCPH10000.bin. And for the emulator, I think PCSX2 is the de facto standard.

Though keep in mind, you'll probably need a nice computer to get stuff running well.

I have PCSX2 downloaded.

I do still own a PS2.

So I just go get that bios and install? Do I have to fuck with roms or can I use my disks?

Yes, you'll need a very nice computer to get this sucker running at good speeds. Everything you can play on it is very playable.

Some of the PS2 emu screenshots I saw popping up last year had some crazy shit going on with the graphics. Like, they looked unbelievably good. I dunno what that trickery was, but it was pretty.

[quote name='DarthPuma']My computer isn't very nice, but it is worth a shot.

I can't believe there aren't any USB-> PS2 converters![/QUOTE]

It makes sense, considering that USB hardware could be anything from a keyboard to a flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back