GGT 98: 3DS, so hipster its never seen it before

Nice. You should post it in here.

Or something.

I got hella work done on my legal brief today so I was like "YO. IMA PLAY SOME GAMEZ." So I finished off Crysis 2 (I was apparently only like an hour from the end when I took a break for the schoolweek), cracked open Super Mario All Stars and played through Mario Broskis 1, and started Lost Levels (at world 5 right now), and bought Castlevania Adventure Rebirth.

Lemme tell you, Castlevania Adventure Rebirth is sweet. The rebirth series is apparently Konami's best kept secret.

I've been telling myself that I would download Castlevania Adventure Rebirth forever, but I keep forgetting.

hmmm.... The pokemons is only $25 today.

[quote name='Chacrana']

Lemme tell you, Castlevania Adventure Rebirth is sweet. The rebirth series is apparently Konami's best kept secret.[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of Castlevania Rebirth.

What's WiiWare? Is it the bottom dollar food of digital distribution?

Not knocking bottom dollar food! I bought 16 eggs for .98 there.

[quote name='seanr1221']What's WiiWare? Is it the bottom dollar food of digital distribution?

Not knocking bottom dollar food! I bought 16 eggs for .98 there.[/QUOTE]

Wiiware is the closest thing Wii owners have to XBLA or PSN as far as downloadable original titles go. I think that's how the Wii got MM9 (and MM10?).

[quote name='BlueScrote']uhh does Hard Corps have a PS3 demo?[/QUOTE]

I think so. But I just up and bought it, so I wouldn't know... I think I saw one though.

I want to play more Fallout. I think that's what I'm going to do today. It's weird, I've explored a lot of the map and have yet to hit a "HOLY SHIT THIS IS HARD!" part like I did in Fallout 3.

Has there been any more images of the MK Kollector's Edition besides the stock one?

kollector.png

If by demo, you mean demolition, then HELLZ YEAH. Because it's stompin' all over the PSN's otherwise shitty lineup.

Seriously though, it demolishes it. I don't think I've ever seen a worse selection of games than on PSN.

If it does I couldn't find it. I downloaded the 360 demo instead. I bought the full game on PS3 however, since the load times are apparently better and the d-pad is actually decent. Amazing game. If you like Contra at all you should just buy it.

---

Gonna go see Source Code today!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Has there been any more images of the MK Kollector's Edition besides the stock one?

kollector.png
[/QUOTE]

I think a few of the trailers have shown a different image of it.

I think it looks pretty cool... but I don't have the room or the cash to get it right now.

Someone talk me out of this.

I could trade in my DSi XL, use my RZ credit and trade in a couple other games and get a 3DS with a 25.00 giftcard all for 20.00

Someone tell me I'm crazy and I shouldn't do it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Someone talk me out of this.

I could trade in my DSi XL, use my RZ credit and trade in a couple other games and get a 3DS with a 25.00 giftcard all for 20.00

Someone tell me I'm crazy and I shouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

How much credit and what games are you trading in?

[quote name='seanr1221']Someone talk me out of this.

Someone tell me I'm crazy and I shouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]
What would you play if you did get it?

I have about 100 in RZ credit, I'd just trade a couple older games sitting around like Dead Rising 2 which trades in for 25.00.

I'd probably play Pilotwings and Pokemon White on it.

Why is One Winged Angel one of the most popular songs from Final Fantasy? People lost their minds at the Distant World concert last night when they played it.

[quote name='seanr1221']I have about 100 in RZ credit, I'd just trade a couple older games sitting around like Dead Rising 2 which trades in for 25.00.

I'd probably play Pilotwings and Pokemon White on it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I mean I am liking my 3DS so far, but I don't know if I'd recommend trading in your DSi XL for one just yet. Especially if you plan to play original DS games still.

Unless you really want a 3DS right now, just keep the DSi XL or trade it in and use the money for games you want to play on the consoles.

As we discussed in the last GGT (or the one before it?) buying consoles at launch is a waste. You're paying the highest price the console will ever be sold for, and it has the least amount of games available at any point in it's lifetime.

Wait for a price drop and save some money and have more good games to pick from.

Then trade it and get games for your 360 or PS3.

If you don't play the DS, why would you play the 3DS? It will be the same types of games, just in 3D.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Moon Diver is just fine. And I'm sure it's even better playing with others.
I've spent $15 or more on games that suck, Moon Diver, for me, is not one of them.[/QUOTE]

I liked it as well. I finally played it online yesterday and its fun with other people.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Unless you really want a 3DS right now, just keep the DSi XL or trade it in and use the money for games you want to play on the consoles.

As we discussed in the last GGT (or the one before it?) buying consoles at launch is a waste. You're paying the highest price the console will ever be sold for, and it has the least amount of games available at any point in it's lifetime.

Wait for a price drop and save some money and have more good games to pick from.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the price thing will come into the picture at all unless he would wait for a Lite version to come out, making the original cheaper. I mean the deals out there for 3DS right now are as good as they will ever probably be until a new version comes out. And the fact that it has very few games at the moment might be a good thing for some, because they won't need to catch up on stuff later on and can play stuff as they come out.

With that said, I'm still not saying he should trade his XL in for a 3DS.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Then trade it and get games for your 360 or PS3.

If you don't play the DS, why would you play the 3DS? It will be the same types of games, just in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Cause I want to have the latest tech! That's why you're supposed to be talking me out of it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Cause I want to have the latest tech! That's why you're supposed to be talking me out of it.[/QUOTE]

But that will inevitably lead to you regretting your purchase once the newness wears off! After you play Pilotwings, what will you do with it?

(am i doing it right?)

[quote name='ihadFG']I don't think the price thing will come into the picture at all unless he would wait for a Lite version to come out, making the original cheaper. I mean the deals out there for 3DS right now are as good as they will ever probably be until a new version comes out. [/QUOTE]

We'll the trade in deals won't get better. But it will drop from the $250 price, and he could probably sell the DS he has at that time and come out cheaper out of pocket.

But fair point about trade in deals. I only think about price as I refuse to deal with any of the game stores, so I tend to forget that hardware trade in deals are the best around console launches. I'll pay more elsewhere first.

[quote name='seanr1221']Cause I want to have the latest tech! That's why you're supposed to be talking me out of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying!

I used to be like that, but I don't care about having the latest tech anymore. I only buy things I really want and at a price I think is worthwhile to me.

If you don't play your DS or Wii, then it's silly to buy another Nintendo console as it's going to get the same types of games you already have no interest in playing.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Why is One Winged Angel one of the most popular songs from Final Fantasy? People lost their minds at the Distant World concert last night when they played it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the song is fairly sweet... but I'm fairly sure it is because there are so many FF7 fanboys now. Of course nothing can stand against this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vcEd1PRb8

Makes me tear up just listening :cry:. My favorite game character ever.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Unless you really want a 3DS right now, just keep the DSi XL or trade it in and use the money for games you want to play on the consoles.

Wait for a price drop and save some money and have more good games to pick from.[/QUOTE]

But... Ocarina of Time is coming out in June!

And there's some stuff this fall. So there's totally a valid reason to buy the system, since it's not going to drop in price between now and the end of this year...

and buying used systems is lame.

[quote name='seanr1221']After Pilotwings I'll probably take 3d pics of my johnson.[/QUOTE]

It will probably be to scale on the 4" screen.

[quote name='seanr1221']After Pilotwings I'll probably take 3d pics of my johnson.[/QUOTE]

Or take 3D pics of your gf, draw mustaches on her, post it on facebook, let me comment, and then get in trouble. :cool:

[quote name='dmaul1114']But it will drop from the $250 price[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Nintendo systems don't tend to drop in price quickly at all. I wouldn't expect a price drop until the next version of the 3DS comes out. The best chance of a better price would be a retailer-specific deal somewhere down the line.

[quote name='icebeast']I don't know the song is fairly sweet... but I'm fairly sure it is because there are so many FF7 fanboys now. Of course nothing can stand against this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vcEd1PRb8

Makes me tear up just listening :cry:. My favorite game character ever.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad or anything, I just think there are far better songs they could have closed the show with.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Or take 3D pics of your gf, draw mustaches on her, post it on facebook, let me comment, and then get in trouble. :cool:[/QUOTE]

She still brings this up.

wtf u talkin bout uraizen? i want more emotional storytelling from the makers of Other M in my skillful action game and definitely want the mulktiplayer mode nobody wanted.

[quote name='Chacrana']wtf u talkin bout uraizen? i want more emotional storytelling from the makers of Other M in my skillful action game and definitely want the mulktiplayer mode nobody wanted.[/QUOTE]

Serious?

That's fucking terrible. :cry:

[quote name='Chacrana']wtf u talkin bout uraizen? i want more emotional storytelling from the makers of Other M in my skillful action game and definitely want the mulktiplayer mode nobody wanted.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that Team Ninja had nothing to do with Other M's story...at least from everything I know.

And given the broken as hell multiplayer in Sigma 2, I don't trust them at all.

[quote name='KingBroly']Except for the fact that Team Ninja had nothing to do with Other M's story...at least from everything I know.

And given the broken as hell multiplayer in Sigma 2, I don't trust them at all.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they?

Oh well, it sucked anyway.

Hmm, "how it feels to gut someone" sounds fairly awesome. I know their story telling abilities are ass but I'm still interested to see what happens here. I wouldn't want a 3rd NG to be just more of the same.

Just me though, I mean, everyone loved God of War III even though that formula is incredibly stale IMO.

bread's done
Back