GGT 98: 3DS, so hipster its never seen it before

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
You know whose fries suck now? WENDY'S! Seriously, those Sea-Salt fries suck ass.[/QUOTE]

Did they change them recently? I don't eat fast food much, but last time I had Wendy's the fries seemed fine to me.

My favorite fries are Checkers seasoned fries. :drool:

I really like McDonalds. Just the dollar menu though. I don't see how anyone could order a numbered meal and not just go to a Chipotle instead.

And White Castle is always the greatest.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Here's one of my favorite local joints for a great burger (and a shit ton of different burger options).

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/WebMenu.pdf

Also have 14 taps and a pretty solid selection of bottled beer.

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/BoozeMenu.pdf[/QUOTE]

BOO YAH! they got IPAs. I would have been a sad sad person if a bar didn't have IPAs (Pale ales can do too).

Found a pic of the Hudson House Preztel Burger. http://twitpic.com/2pt8pl

This place is small and has gotten so much talk that it is tough to get a seat during happy through closing (11PM).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You know whose fries suck now? WENDY'S! Seriously, those Sea-Salt fries suck ass.[/QUOTE]

Yep Wendy's never had good fries... actually I think I only really liked the fries at McDonalds... of course I haven't eaten at any fast food place in like, uh 6ish years.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I really like McDonalds. Just the dollar menu though. I don't see how anyone could order a numbered meal and not just go to a Chipotle instead.

And White Castle is always the greatest.[/QUOTE]

McDonalds always makes me feel sick minutes after I start eating. Don't know why. I'm ok with that because I don't like the taste of their burgers or fries anyway. The dollar menu is good though for people that do like it.

[quote name='panzerfaust']$1 for any size coffee is great too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't drink coffee, but my parents sometimes get coffee + 2 apple pies from the dollar menu.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I think Wendy's Fries are fine.[/QUOTE] Have you had them since the Sea-Salt change over?

[quote name='ihadFG']Did they change them recently? I don't eat fast food much, but last time I had Wendy's the fries seemed fine to me.

My favorite fries are Checkers seasoned fries. :drool:[/QUOTE]
They changed them a coupple of months ago and now all their fries are Sea-Salt fries that are thicker cut, and (here atleast) they taste like they're McDonalds fries that have been reheated. They don't use much Salt on them (y'know, since Sea-Salt is bigger than the regular little Salt bits) and it just robs them of taste completely. I've been to 4 different Wendy's places here and the fries taste the same at every place.

You know what's funny though? I think about how much I would probably dislike the Sea-Salt Ice Cream in KH2 more than the travesty of a french fry that I'm eating.

And I agree, Rally's/Checker's fries are da BOMB!

[quote name='panzerfaust']
@j-cart, what kind of IPA do you recommend? Never tried it, always hear about it.[/QUOTE]

Here are a few IPAs and Double IPAs I love. Be forewarned if you're not really into beer you'll probably hate IPAs as they're very hoppy/bitter and definitely an acquired taste. I hated years ago when I first have them but gradually started to like them over the years and now love them.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Stone IPA
Stone Ruination IPA
Lagunitas IPA
Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale
Troeg's Nugger Nectar
Dale's Pale Ale

Bunch more I could list, but those are my favorites off the top of my head. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good as well and is easy to find even if you're not in a city and thus lack good beer stores/bars.

There's a 56 page and counting Beer Lover's thread in the Off Topic forum here on CAG as well for those interested.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204314

[quote name='ihadFG']Did they change them recently? I don't eat fast food much, but last time I had Wendy's the fries seemed fine to me.

My favorite fries are Checkers seasoned fries. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they did. The sea salt isn't the problem, as sea salt kicks ass... but they're using russet potatoes now and they're just too poorly cooked or something to be any good.

[quote name='panzerfaust']$1 for any size coffee is great too.

@j-cart, what kind of IPA do you recommend? Never tried it, always hear about it.[/QUOTE]

First off an IPA is short for Indian Pale Ale. So why is called that? During the British colonial reign over India they would throw extra hops in the pale ale beers so that it would "last" the trip (there was no such thing as refrigeration at that time).

So a modern day IPA is "extra hoppy" which gives it a strong bitter taste. To me a beer should taste like that. Also note that IPAs have a much higher alcohol content. "Light" beer is at 3% and IPAs can range from 6-9%, so take it slow.

If you can, get your hands on a Stone IPA. If you aren't in the SoCal area your best bet would be a BevMo. Also try Mirror Pond IPA, Racer 5 IPA, or Sierra Nevada Extra Pale Ale. Sam Adams has an IPA as well, but it too would be just as hard to find.

Those are mostly micro brew, if you can just go to your local bar/pub and ask for an IPA.

As you can tell I know alot about beer. I took a course on beer at my university. It hosted mon-fri 4pm at the campus pub, entry fee was minimum one beer. I completed a whole quarter (11 weeks) and thus was entered into metal. I will forever be apart of my uni's esteemed "Spring 2009 Quarter Club."

/edit: dmaul basically listed the IPA you need to try (i knew i forgot lagunitas IPA).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']And I agree, Rally's/Checker's fries are da BOMB![/QUOTE]

Dude, friend knew a dude that worked at Checker's. So we'd go there after high school and get two spicy chicken sammcihes and fries, and dude would just fill the bag up with fries. So good. :drool:

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Just had some 5 Guys tonight, it's awesome.[/QUOTE]

People love 5 Guys but it never impressed me. Tastes like a burger I could easily make at home.

Fries are good though.

[quote name='whoknows']People love 5 Guys but it never impressed me. Tastes like a burger I could easily make at home.
[/QUOTE]

That's the point. It's fast food and tastes more or less like a burger you'd make at home, where as most fast food burgers taste like shit.

The toppings are the other thing that make them great relative to other fast food places.

Can't beat a sit down pub/burger joint, nor a great homemade burger cooked on the grill. But pretty damn good for a fast food burger.

To me Five Guys doesn't necessarily taste like a burger I'd make at home, but it does taste more "real" than most fast food places. Also, I really like the buns and the texture/thickness of their burgers. But to me, the taste just seems special even compared to most home-made burgers.

[quote name='dmaul1114']That's the point. It's fast food and tastes more or less like a burger you'd make at home, where as most fast food burgers taste like shit.

The toppings are the other thing that make them great relative to other fast food places.

Can't beat a sit down pub/burger joint, nor a great homemade burger cooked on the grill. But pretty damn good for a fast food burger.[/QUOTE]

I guess.

But the fact I could make it at home for cheaper makes me not want to eat there.

[quote name='whoknows']I guess.

But the fact I could make it at home for cheaper makes me not want to eat there.[/QUOTE]

The FACT that I make way better food than most places, costs less and better for me is why I make my own food.

How else am I suppose to support my almost flat six pack?

/edit: what if a 3rd party game doesnt support 3d on the 3ds? Or is it just a hardware thing?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Just import a 3DS, weeaboo.

You know you want to.

3D Shonen.[/QUOTE]

I like playing games in english too, so I'd always want a domestic release if a game gets one. YJDK.

[quote name='j-cart']The FACT that I make way better food than most places, costs less and better for me is why I make my own food.

How else am I suppose to support my almost flat six pack?

/edit: what if a 3rd party game doesnt support 3d on the 3ds? Or is it just a hardware thing?[/QUOTE]

I usually eat out due to laziness.

And usually taco bell due to its cheapness and deliciousness.

[quote name='whoknows']I usually eat out due to laziness.

And usually taco bell due to its cheapness and deliciousness.[/QUOTE]

But it's sand.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, friend knew a dude that worked at Checker's. So we'd go there after high school and get two spicy chicken sammcihes and fries, and dude would just fill the bag up with fries. So good. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Ugh, even better with bacon and cheese.

I can feel myself dying just thinking about it

[quote name='j-cart']But it's sand.[/QUOTE]
Not true.

[quote name='whoknows']The most delicious sand.[/QUOTE]
True.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Thanks to j-cart and dmaul for the extensive recommendations, I'll see what I can find -- probably tonight actually.[/QUOTE]
Be prepared.
I had the Sierra Nevada Holiday Pale Ale, and it was real bitter. My friends hated it. It started to grow on me, though.

I stopped going to 5 guys when the 5 guys around here kept serving me raw meat. fuck that.
I was actually there today during lunch but just got a regular fries.

And yes, Wendy's recently changed to "natural cut with sea salt" french fries or some ish.

What game did you want to import, distgfx?

Five Guys is good, In & Out is also really good. Couldn't pick between the two. Being from Philly though, I am a bit of a food snob, as I am sure people from LA & NY are. With that said.. quick, tasty and easy stuff like that definitely has a place in my diet.

Also, D-Maul's IPA list is pretty solid. I really like Rogue Brutal Bitter, too. 6 Points Bengal Tiger IPA and Founder's Centenial IPA is also great.

[quote name='whoknows']I guess.

But the fact I could make it at home for cheaper makes me not want to eat there.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. That's true of eating out in general though...as long as you're a decent cook, and with exceptions for really complicated or exotic dishes that are hard to make/track down quality ingredients etc.

It's just nice to eat out sometimes and not screw with spending time cooking and cleaning up etc. As well as to just hang out with friends and have some crappy food and beers etc. :D

I'm not a cheap ass when it comes to food and drinks though. Really only cheap with games and movies these days as I don't game as much as I used too so I hate spending a lot of money on them, and it's hard to justify buying movies since I have netflix and hardly ever watch any of the 300 or so movies I own.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Five Guys is good, In & Out is also really good. Couldn't pick between the two. Being from Philly though, I am a bit of a food snob, as I am sure people from LA & NY are. With that said.. quick, tasty and easy stuff like that definitely has a place in my diet.

Also, D-Maul's IPA list is pretty solid. I really like Rogue Brutal Bitter, too. 6 Points Bengal Tiger IPA and Founder's Centenial IPA is also great.[/QUOTE]
Dude, if I ever end up in your area, we gotta gnosh on some Philly cheesesteaks. :drool:

[quote name='linkpwns']OOOOH, speaking of beers, I've always wanted to try this.
http://www.brewdog.com/tactical_nuclear_penguin

32% alcohol. WHAT THE fuck.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that being good at all.

Very few beers over 12% of so that I've liked at all. Once you're getting up into the high teens in ABV the alcohol taste overpowers the other flavors.

I have not liked the couple of Brew Dog beers I've had thus far either--think one was an IPA or Pale Ale.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, if I ever end up in your area, we gotta gnosh on some Philly cheesesteaks. :drool:[/QUOTE]

GNOSH BRO-GNAT?!
200px-Gnosh_Brognat.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']McDonalds always makes me feel sick minutes after I start eating. Don't know why. I'm ok with that because I don't like the taste of their burgers or fries anyway. The dollar menu is good though for people that do like it.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way with most everything at McD's, except Chicken Nuggets.

I don't fucking care if it's deep fried slurry, they're fucking delicious.

:drool:

And do those 5 Assholes still dice the green pepper and onions?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, if I ever end up in your area, we gotta gnosh on some Philly cheesesteaks. :drool:[/QUOTE]

For sure... Philly is like any foodie's dream.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I can't imagine that being good at all.

Very few beers over 12% of so that I've liked at all. Once you're getting up into the high teens in ABV the alcohol taste overpowers the other flavors.

I have not liked the couple of Brew Dog beers I've had thus far either--think one was an IPA or Pale Ale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i think it's more for the novelty than the taste.

[quote name='manthing']I'm the same way with most everything at McD's, except Chicken Nuggets.

I don't fucking care if it's deep fried slurry, they're fucking delicious.

:drool:

And do those 5 Assholes still dice the green pepper and onions?[/QUOTE]
Love McNuggs. :drool:

McDonalds we went by last week had 6 for a buck, I wanted to get some so bad. :cry:

And yes they still dice that shit. I'd prefer slices.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']For sure... Philly is like any foodie's dream.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. :drool: Cheese Whiz on everything. :drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Love McNuggs. :drool:[/QUOTE]

High-fucking-five!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']McDonalds we went by last week had 6 for a buck, I wanted to get some so bad. :cry:[/QUOTE]

6/$1? :cry:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And yes they still dice that shit. I'd prefer slices.
[/QUOTE]

Well, fuck them then.

Nothing worse than trying to eat that big ass burger and end up with all the peppers&onions falling off.

:bomb:

[quote name='manthing']High-fucking-five!

6/$1? :cry:

Well, fuck them then.

Nothing worse than trying to eat that big ass burger and end up with all the peppers&onions falling off.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my burger had its peppers and onions falling off. I just scooped them up in my fat mitts and put them back on. :cool:

Really want to get my friend to go half in on the 50 piece $10 McNugg bucket. :drool:

My biggest beef with the chopped bits?

When I'm done eating all the meat and cheese, it looks like a fucking salad taunting me in the grease.

It's almost as if the 5 Assholes are making fun of people for liking it on their burgers.

:cry:

[quote name='Chacrana']I've never been to 5 Guys, In n out, or any of those :(

I don't even know if we have one in the area.[/QUOTE]

Same, except I know none of that stuff is around here.

Well you definitely don't have an In-n-Out, since that's strictly west coast.

Five Guys has a store locator on their site. :bouncy:

[quote name='manthing']My biggest beef with the chopped bits?

When I'm done eating all the meat and cheese, it looks like a fucking salad taunting me in the grease.

It's almost as if the 5 Assholes are making fun of people for liking it on their burgers.

:cry:[/QUOTE]

What a bunch of assholes. :bomb:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']For sure... Philly is like any foodie's dream.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Great beer city too. Wish I'd made it up there more when I was living in the DC area.

In N Out are all on the west coast.

Five Guys started in the DC area but has spread pretty rapidly in recent years. Website says they have 200 new locations opening in 2011.

Their store locator is here: http://www.fiveguys.com/locations.aspx

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh shit, apparently there is one here. And it's close to Crate & Barrel!

I simply must make a day of it.[/QUOTE]

You simply must report your findings as well, my good sir.

[quote name='ihadFG']

I've never tried In-N-Out. I don't think they have them here on the East Coast.[/QUOTE]There's none on the East Coast. West Coast friends of mine can't believe it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Five Guys started in the DC area but has spread pretty rapidly in recent years. Website says they have 200 new locations opening in 2011.

Their store locator is here: http://www.fiveguys.com/locations.aspx[/QUOTE]Yeah, Five Guys is all over the area. I'm constantly seeing them around places in the Baltimore/Washington area. I will admit that I NEVER tried Five Guys before. I keep considering every time I smell their food at Columbia Mall/Westfield Annapolis.

When it comes to fast food, I eat at KFC every single Tuesday. I just LOVE my Popcorn chicken. I could eat it every single day of the week and never get sick of it. I liked how my nearest one gave me 2 for 1 on popcorn chicken once. One time when I went to a KFC in PG County (I think it was Beltsville, MD), they told me they stopped carrying popcorn chicken. I got so upset, left, then drove back to my area ordering popcorn chicken.

Not just KFC I love, I also get Popeyes a lot too like on the weekends (their chicken is great too). I sometimes eat Burger King, but not for a while. For some reason, I get McDonald's on my way home from PA. Fries are good, but everything else is just ok. Haven't had any Arby's in forever, but I'm still pissed they changed their awesome chicken fingers back in 2006 I believe. Chik Fil-A is good too, but some reason I get it while I'm north of B'more. I never tried White Castle before. Subway/Taco Bell, I just don't care for them (not into Mexican food or subs, too much different food mixed together).

Onto the 3DS, I just opened mine up today. I was able to get use to the 3D effects for the menus and stuff. I found the middle position to be the most natural, although I can do any position. The 3D effects came out better without my glasses, but wasn't aligned properly since I have horrid astigmatism. I did start Ridge Racer 3D for a short time, which was fun. However, I found the 3D effects to seem a bit blurry while racing. I might get use to it though. I will try Super Street Fighter 3D later. I may still get Tom Clancy Shadow Wars and Samurai Warriors Chronicle.

bread's done
Back