Ghostbusters - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']That got me excited again about the game. Just hearing the original actors voice and the fact that it seems to keep the same type of humor (thanks to Ramis and Akroyd's writing) is just stupendous. How can Atari really screw it up, aren't they just publishing it?[/quote]

They could pull a Far Cry 2 and release it at a god-awful time.

Well, I suppose that'll hurt the game, but not the content itself. Then again I think I read the date now is sometimes in June of 09? Summer time, lack of games normally, so I think it'll be ok...hopefully

With all these delays, it kinda makes me wish I would have taken the opportunity to beta test and play all the way through this game over the summer, even though it meant some very long drives.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Well, I suppose that'll hurt the game, but not the content itself. Then again I think I read the date now is sometimes in June of 09? Summer time, lack of games normally, so I think it'll be ok...hopefully[/quote]

I do want this game to be good. Like most things, I have my doubts. And Bill Murray does sound like he phoned in his voice work. He had more enthusiasm in the live-action Garfield movie. :whistle2:(

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't think the actors really had their hearts in the voice acting, Bill Murray sounded like he phoned it in.[/quote]

Bill Murray always sounds like that.

I'm hoping the game play is fun — the cut scenes looked good for sure. I wish there was at list a hint of game play in that trailer.

Most of any Bill Murray performance is his expressions and presence, so I don't think that translates well into voice work.

This looks awesome, can't wait. I don't think there is a game I'm more excited for 2009.

It just sounded like he was kinda murmuring, in the movies he was a loud obnoxious asshole. Maybe they just need to tweak the audio.

Well it varies in the situation as well. Most of the scenes where he talked seemed to be one of those parts where he is supposed to be cool and collected. Reminded a bit of the Peter Venkman from the animated series.

I'm sure there will be scenes where he will have a chance to just be loud. I know a few are saying it sounds like he phoned it in...but it sounded fine to me. I mean he wasn't loud through the whole movie(s). The tone seemed ok for what it was, a nonchalant individual

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't think the actors really had their hearts in the voice acting, Bill Murray sounded like he phoned it in.[/quote]

Well I know that Aykroyd definitely has his heart in it as he wrote the script (along with Ramis) for the game and has been pretty much the driving force to get this thing going.

So far it is looking great.

Ghostbusters trailer >= Black Mesa:Source trailer.

This game really looks fantastic. My biggest fear is that they dont polish the hell out of it before release. I want this baby to scintillate.

[quote name='orntar']there were 5 gb's during one part of it[/QUOTE]

That's because I believe you play the 5th ghostbuster. That's why in most of the dialog scenes it showed, they are talking to you.

I get we're dissecting this thing to amazingly tiny pieces, but really, it's a 1:30 trailer with maybe 3 lines spoken by Murray in it.

I don't think it's a fair assumption to make that they were phoning it in or didn't have their hearts in it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']That's because I believe you play the 5th ghostbuster. That's why in most of the dialog scenes it showed, they are talking to you.[/quote]

ah, good thinking. i guess i assumed you played one of the originals

No. They made it that way to keep the original humor intact. That way the interaction between the original Ghostbusters will be just as it would in a new movie.

The story is that they are doing very well that they are hiring a new member to help with all the jobs they've been getting. This is where you come in. You will be the one they will send to do the dirty work and I think also test out Egon's new inventions. You're the guinea pig.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']I get we're dissecting this thing to amazingly tiny pieces, but really, it's a 1:30 trailer with maybe 3 lines spoken by Murray in it.

I don't think it's a fair assumption to make that they were phoning it in or didn't have their hearts in it.[/quote]

exactly... we can't tell how good the voice acting is from a trailer.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']No. They made it that way to keep the original humor intact. That way the interaction between the original Ghostbusters will be just as it would in a new movie.

The story is that they are doing very well that they are hiring a new member to help with all the jobs they've been getting. This is where you come in. You will be the one they will send to do the dirty work and I think also test out Egon's new inventions. You're the guinea pig.[/QUOTE]

Has there been any word on co-op gameplay?

Early word was no co-op for the 360 & PS3, but that the PS2 and Wii versions would have local co-op.

Also, early word was the the 360 & PS3 would have co-op missions...GRAW style, I'm guessing.

Wow, time to change my pants. Like others, this is easily my most anticipated game of '09. It could seriously just be a mediocre game, and I know I will play it a dozen times.

With this trailer, I feel like I'm watching something for a CG movie, not a game. I think it's because the voice acting is really, really good. It sounds natural to the Ghostbusters universe.

I wish it had at least 2 player co-op, though.

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't think the actors really had their hearts in the voice acting, Bill Murray sounded like he phoned it in.[/QUOTE]

Sounded fine to me. I remember reading an interview with Bill Murray somewhere where he said he enjoyed doing the voice work for this game, and that it got him excited for a third movie.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38496

Oh yeah -- I can't wait for this game :)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Looks good.

WTF is up with Ernie Hudson? He's built like Urkel. They need to show Zeddemore some love.[/quote]

The animation seemed odd in that trailer. In some shots, the models were really well crafted, and in others they seemed to be awkward refugees from the uncanny valley.

I suspect some of the shots are from earlier builds with less polish on them.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']No Rick Moranis really sucks in a way. Also I don't know if it's me but the I just don't feel the emotion with the voice acting honestly. I will play it none the less how ever.[/QUOTE]

I forgot he was even in the film.

[quote name='Mugen']I forgot he was even in the film.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy. Louis Tully, the Super Mario Bros lovin', Janine Meltnitz romancin', unofficial fifth Ghostbuster can not be forgotten.

[quote name='Chizzer']The animation seemed odd in that trailer. In some shots, the models were really well crafted, and in others they seemed to be awkward refugees from the uncanny valley.

I suspect some of the shots are from earlier builds with less polish on them.[/quote]

Very, very true. The uncanny valley popped into my head, as well.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Blasphemy. Louis Tully, the Super Mario Bros lovin', Janine Meltnitz romancin', unofficial fifth Ghostbuster can not be forgotten.[/quote]

Ugh...though I will still watch and enjoy GBII to this day, that whole sequence was douche-chill inducing, as is a great deal of the rest of the film. The Tully character was much better in the first film. He has a smaller part, but so many classic lines.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']They canned any co-op plans, right? And to think that it'll be hitting every platform possible doesn't make me hold my breath for quality.[/QUOTE]

I think the DS version will be altogether different, so there is some hope.

Well, The Force Unleashed was released on a lot of platforms, and that ended up pretty good. And much like TFU, Ghostbusters is being handled by a number of different developers, depending on the level of the platform. So, Terminal Reality is handling the 360, PS3, and PC versions, while the other versions are being handed off.

The draw of this game, more than anything, is that it's essentially the third Ghostbusters movie. As long as the gameplay isn't awful, it will live up to what the fans are looking for.

I most definitely am. Then again, I won't be looking at it with the critical eye that most will - I just want it to be a fun experience that is true to the franchise. Doesn't need to be game of the year material (like MW2). Should be nice...and I can't wait to see the Blu release of the film!

Looks like its canned guys...PS3/PSP exclusive :whistle2:(
A brief search on Xboxic will show you that we have made over 6 reports on the upcoming game ‘Ghostbusters’ since January 2007. In short, the title was dropped by Activision, picked up by Atari and now in an unexpected move - sold to Sony Computer Entertainment. The game was due to be released on the Xbox360 19th June to tie in with the new movie release, but in this new move to Sony it will now remain a PS3 exclusive for the time being!

So it seems that in a move to please Atari’s investors whilst the company is struggling in todays current economic crisis; they decided to sell their distribution business earlier this year and now the Ghostbusters deal to Sony. Atari have stated however that with Sony publishing the title, the game will reach a wider audience on release.
With Sony Computer Entertainment, the proud new owners of ‘Ghostbusters’ the game will remain PS3 exclusive for time being with a PSP release to follow. It is currently unknown what will happen to the Xbox360, Wii & DS versions, but Atari may publish them some time in the near future.
Whilst the scheduled release for the Xbox360 version was only next month! Did you have this on pre-order, are you disappointed or maybe you just couldn’t care? Share your thoughts below.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/5269

fucking Sony!

Spoke too soon:

While Wii, DS, and Xbox 360 fans will be left out of the ghostbusting loop this June in PAL regions, North American fans can rest assured that they'll be busting with the best of them come June 16th. That's when the game launches across all platforms save the PlayStation Portable, which scores a worldwide release of its previously denied version of the game this fall, with Sony handling publishing duties in Europe and the UK.
"Ghostbusters: The Video Game is one of our most significant worldwide releases this summer. Through Atari's North America publishing business and alongside our partners at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, we have a strategically diversified approach to maximize a title of this magnitude on a global basis," said Jim Wilson, CEO, Atari, Inc.
They're maximizing the title by not releasing it on four popular formats in Europe? Makes perfect sense to me.

http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/f...till-publsihing-ghostbusters-in-north-america

:lol: The articles I saw about it said that the others would be published by Atari at a later date in Europe, so nothing would've been canceled either way.

I just love how the achievements for this game uses the classic quotes from the films. The Ghostbusters movies and Army of Darkness have the best quotes ever.

i decided after buying Gears of War 2 right when it came out, and still not playing it once still, I wouldn't buy anymore games right when they came out... but I might have to change my mind with this.

bread's done
Back