Ghostbusters - Gen. Discussion & Info

gosh darn it! I am going to cancel my prototype pre-order and switch it to this...but now I lose out on the 30% bonus!!!!

This is what happens when I dont have the internet for 4 days. I waste money/credit.

Anyone ever had luck getting bonuses on pre-orders post-facto?

I don't remember the last time I was anticipating a game so badly. As I think I mentioned earlier, even if this was an absolute piece of shit, I would still be pretty excited. The fact that it already got a pretty solid review from IGN simply is making me count the days until it's released.

[quote name='gareman']gosh darn it! I am going to cancel my prototype pre-order and switch it to this...but now I lose out on the 30% bonus!!!!

This is what happens when I dont have the internet for 4 days. I waste money/credit.

Anyone ever had luck getting bonuses on pre-orders post-facto?[/QUOTE]

Can't you just still pick up Prototype and return it a day later or to a different store and get Ghostbusters?

So far it's okish, but I'm not blown away. Graphically it's really sub-par. Controls are so-so. Voice acting and stuff is good. I played an hour or so I guess, so i hope it picks up a little more.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']How'd you get your copy already?[/QUOTE]
piracy......unless he proves otherwise with a picture of the sales receipt and case with game.....
If you think I'm joking, you are wrong cause early game discussion is not authorized unless he proves it.
More than likely his comments will be deleted as I am reporting this violation.

[quote name='Wolve11']piracy......unless he proves otherwise with a picture of the sales receipt and case with game.....
If you think I'm joking, you are wrong cause early game discussion is not authorized unless he proves it.
More than likely his comments will be deleted as I am reporting this violation.[/QUOTE]

You got me!

DSC_0040.jpg

[quote name='smarkbran']someone just got served[/QUOTE]

Not really called "getting served"
Its standard procedure to post the picture of the game and receipt prior to posting about the game. As lame as this is, he was wrong to talk about it before posting the picture.

[quote name='Wolve11']Not really called "getting served"
Its standard procedure to post the picture of the game and receipt prior to posting about the game. As lame as this is, he was wrong to talk about it before posting the picture.[/QUOTE]

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. Hey I had subway for lunch. I didn't take a picture of it though, so I must have stolen it.

"Payday! - Be the overall top earner in each Xbox LIVE campaign setting."

"Employee of the Month - Be top earner in each Xbox LIVE job type."

I really hope those aren't the top of the leaderboard type achievements.

It is stupid, but its what CheapyD wants. This was recently discussed by one of the mods in the Prototype thread. Its to prevent pirates from talking about the game early while legit people like yourself can yap about it all day since you purchased your copy. Its to deglamorize piracy I guess. The whole reason I said something about it in the first place is because it seems to only get enforced when certain people talk about games early while others like yourself don't get questioned by the mods...although at this point you made it clear you own the game.

Stupid policy - absolutely....which is why I call people out on it every single time.

So I've played a little bit, and I'm not that impressed. I'm kinda let down so far. It's ok but not the greatest. I think playing co-op would be way more fun

I watched Ghostbusters 2 yesterday and totally put me in the mood to play this. However I vowed never to buy a movie based game on release date without a demo and numerous good consumer reviews, so this is going to have to wait awhile.

[quote name='KongaKing']So I've played a little bit, and I'm not that impressed. I'm kinda let down so far. It's ok but not the greatest. I think playing co-op would be way more fun[/QUOTE]

how did u get it early?

Probably a bootleg since he didn't say where he scored it early from. I just looked at it's been on the net for a few days.... :roll:

[quote name='$hady']Probably a bootleg since he didn't say where he scored it early from. I just looked at it's been on the net for a few days.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

not again.....deja vu....
He's got a real copy, he posted pics yesterday to prove it before they got deleted.
Its what you need to do.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow...so much for that pic of proof to allow early discussion :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yea kind of weird. A guy posts a pic so he can discuss the game early as is required by CAGs rules, and the pic gets deleted...

[quote name='Wolve11']not again.....deja vu....
He's got a real copy, he posted pics yesterday to prove it before they got deleted.
Its what you need to do.[/QUOTE]

Who is deleting posts? Why were his pics and post deleted if he had the real game? Someone needs to get down off their high horse. :roll:

And sorry Konga for jumping to conclusions! I assumed if you had it you'd have said so but obviously you did and it was removed for who knows why.

Edit: didn't wanna post again.... I know that a mod removed the post but maybe she should explain why it was removed so others don't get in trouble for buying a game early and um shockingly wanting to tell their fellow gamers about it. And how dare you follow goofy rules by posting a proof picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the mods obviously, but it doesn't matter which one. The rule is crazy to begin with and when he did the required stuff the posts shouldn't have been deleted.

Come on. That's a bit silly. It's a couple of days before release, and some store obviously just put it on the shelves too early. We know that happens ALL the time. A number of people over GF said they got a copy early. It's not like this guy said he went and stole it.

I took a quick look through the guide - minus the weapons and ghost encyclopedia that every guide has, the actual guide for the 360 version was only 60 pages.. in fact, it's a normal sized guide, with walkthroughs of both the PS3/360 and Wii/DS/PS2 versions in it. Is the game really that short?

hell I had Guitar Hero Smash Hits in my hand for any system I wanted at my local store yesterday. Too bad I'm not interested in the game. Stores release games early and there's plenty of people that pirate games. Being able to differentiate between the two is impossible without a picture of the game and gamecase....
So that's how the rule came about. They don't want people to discuss the game early if they pirated it in fear of the website being shut down or people getting sued? I don't know, but it is the rules Cheapy came up with....

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']From what I have heard from numerous sources, yeah, it's fairly short.[/QUOTE]

Rental it is. Cheers!

I posted this last night but I guess it got swept up with the other posts but...does anyone know if the "Payday! - Be the overall top earner in each Xbox LIVE campaign setting." and "Employee of the Month - Be top earner in each Xbox LIVE job type." are leadearboard achievements a la GRAW? It would really suck if that was the case.

/mods: I have know idea why this would have been deleted last night. I'm assuming collateral damage.

[quote name='$hady']Who is deleting posts? Why were his pics and post deleted if he had the real game? Someone needs to get down off their high horse. :roll:

And sorry Konga for jumping to conclusions! I assumed if you had it you'd have said so but obviously you did and it was removed for who knows why.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had no idea about the 'take a pic' rule for early game discussion, so I posted a pic yesterday but today all my impressions, along with the pic I posted, were gone. Not even a PM telling me why. I mean I showed I owned it. I'd like to know what I did wrong.

Anyways, I didn't play anymore yet today but It's not drawing me in that much. You move really slow to the left and right, so when ghosts fly at you, you pretty much get hit and fall over. I dont think you can die, you just lie there til another ghost buster comes and walks by you. It's fun but not "oh man this is awesome" fun.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I posted this last night but I guess it got swept up with the other posts but...does anyone know if the "Payday! - Be the overall top earner in each Xbox LIVE campaign setting." and "Employee of the Month - Be top earner in each Xbox LIVE job type." are leadearboard achievements a la GRAW? It would really suck if that was the case.

/mods: I have know idea why this would have been deleted last night. I'm assuming collateral damage.[/QUOTE]

Oh, God, I hope not. Maybe, it's just single game achievements. Like, you have to do it at least once in every setting and with every job type.

LMAO! Did anyone get the pre-order message from GS, yet? I never, ever seem to get them, anymore. Not that I care, but this time, there's an interesting little spin. Someone posted on GF that it's a recorded message from Dan Akroyd! Call this number to hear it: 1-888-212-7672.

Gah, I hate that bestbuy.com will show the game as in-stock for my local stores but it is not available until tomorrow. Guess they probably have them already but won't sell them until the release date tomorrow. Problem is that they probably won't put them out or be able to find them before tomorrow afternoon.

Game Informer gave it an 8
and a 7 for second opinion.

Biggest complaints were the team A.I. Seems they both loved the story and atmosphere seems more of what I have been reading. If your a fan play this game and love it.

Seems like this ended up being a solid game (79 on Metacritic), which is all I really wanted. I'm more in it for the GB experience. As long as it didn't totally blow, I was on board. I cannot wait for tomorrow.

I was considering purchasing this tomorrow, but after reading some impressions, I think I'm leaning towards no. Hearing about how short the game is, and how it's completely linear and lacks challenge overall makes me think it's not worth the 60 dollars.

bread's done
Back