Ghostbusters: Slimer Edition Amazon Exclusive - Price Drop: (360/PS3) $110 (Wii) $90

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
6/13 Update - Price Drop!
Price drop:
:360: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:wii: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $89.99

Original post
Just found out about this, it appears to be for the 360 and Wii only. Pretty pricey unless you're a total Ghostbuster geek. Of course you will probably be able to get this for under $100 within the first few months of the game's release.

Wii: $109.99
360: $129.99

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239734152&sr=1-9

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not every collectible needs to shoot up in value. Hasn't anyone on here ever collected anything...just because? Everytime I see a thread about a CE or LE, all I ever read is, "Oh, this won't go up in value!" Who cares? If you're a fan of the Ghostbusters, you might want this...just because. Doesn't anyone just enjoy things anymore? It seems like eBay has created a culture who only cares about the value of something in the reselling market.[/QUOTE]

I've been collecting video games since 1987 and other than a couple of duplicate games I received as gifts, I've never sold anything in my collection. Having said that, people's situations change and it is somewhat reassuring to know that if someone in my family needs financial support, I can liquidate part of my collection to make that happen. Just like I want my home, my stocks, my retirement fund, my car or anything else I own to at least maintain it's value, that's my expectation on games I buy for my collection. Otherwise, I will wait until they hit the bargain bin and at that point, I could care less because for $20 all I am really buying is the experience of playing the game and if the game becomes worthless, it's not a big deal.

I doubt there are a whole lot of people on the planet who have been waiting for the last 25 years to own a bust of Slimer. If it wasn't for the "collectors" market, Amazon wouldn't even be doing this package, so I really don't think it's fair to attack speculators or people who even think a little about the value of what they purchase, especially in this very uncertain era. This is Cheap Ass Gamer after all and I suspect that the vast majority of people on this board would agree this package and most other collector's editions are way overpriced.

Well, that's where you and I disagree. I think it's very fair to attack "speculators" when it seems like all anyone ever does in these threads is attack the product, because it won't shoot up in value. I joined CAG for the same reason everyone else did: to get good deals. But that doesn't mean we have to moan about everything that isn't cheap or that we can't sell on eBay for three times what we paid. Can't some things just be what they are? I don't think a million people are going to be fighting over busts of Slimer, either, but there are still people who would want it. And for that fact, it's good that Amazon or whoever puts out stuff like this. I would rather have it out there than not have it out there. Like I said earlier, if this was the only version of the game, that would be stupid, and I'd be pissed. But it isn't.

This reminds me of the days when I collected comics and during the 90's when Marvel and every other company decided to release special foil editions or multiple covers. It's nice at first but it does start to get a bit repetitve now.

I'm all for CE's as well but for $130, I'll pass. They do realize its a recession right? O_O

for that price it should come with a copy of the complete series of the real ghostbusters...either that or both movies on blu ray. :p

BAH! there's sooooooo much they could do with this collector's edition...and this is what they give us? being the long time fan that i am...i am disappointed with this set. but i am definitely going to buy the regular edition. no doubt about it :)

They should have just had the old school figures from '85 reproduced, Hasbro would have enjoyed the money and they would have had a ton of pre-orders.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']How so? The game alone (on the 360 and PS3) is $60. So, you're looking at $70 for the extras. A bust like that, if it's not a piece of crap, would run you a decent amount as a collectible. The issue is whether or not you actually want a bust of Slimer.[/quote]
Four words: Halo. Three. LE.

LOL @ price. They think this is 2007 when they decided to make a collector's edition. Time to get real. That cheap plastic crap isn't worth more than $5.

[quote name='ITDEFX']for that price it should come with a copy of the complete series of the real ghostbusters...either that or both movies on blu ray. :p
ig.jpg
[/quote]

I was wondering the same.

[quote name='Jodou']Four words: Halo. Three. LE.[/quote]

All right...and so? You're basically made my point. If someone wanted a Master Chief helmet, they bought it for the Master Chief helmet. It doesn't matter that it wasn't rare, and that it didn't shoot up in value. Not everything needs to be resold later on.

And why does everyone need to bring up the Halo 3 Legendary Edition in these CE and LE threads, too? All right. We get it. Besides, it's kind of hard to compare the two. One, Halo 3 was way, way, way more anticipated than this game. Two, the Halo 3 LE was available everywhere. So, obviously, there were a shit load more of those than there are these. Please, don't misquote me and claim I'm saying these will be rare. I simply don't see Amazon eventually selling them for $60, and them being available for a long at that price.

[quote name='Gamelore']LOL @ price. They think this is 2007 when they decided to make a collector's edition. Time to get real. That cheap plastic crap isn't worth more than $5.[/quote]

Not for nothing, but were you the one who made the bust? How do you know it's cheap plastic?

In the description it says that Aykroyd and Ramis write the storyline for the game, yet in a video i saw Aykroyd basically said they just let the developers base the game off the 2 movies. Sounded like they had nothing to do with the game's story.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I've seen and heard Aykroyd say conflicting things about the script. At the very least, they got the four GBs' voices.[/quote]

Thats good enough for me

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']All right...and so? You're basically made my point. If someone wanted a Master Chief helmet, they bought it for the Master Chief helmet. It doesn't matter that it wasn't rare, and that it didn't shoot up in value. Not everything needs to be resold later on.

And why does everyone need to bring up the Halo 3 Legendary Edition in these CE and LE threads, too? All right. We get it. Besides, it's kind of hard to compare the two. One, Halo 3 was way, way, way more anticipated than this game. Two, the Halo 3 LE was available everywhere. So, obviously, there were a shit load more of those than there are these. Please, don't misquote me and claim I'm saying these will be rare. I simply don't see Amazon eventually selling them for $60, and them being available for a long at that price.

Not for nothing, but were you the one who made the bust? How do you know it's cheap plastic?[/QUOTE]

Two comments here. People that pre-ordered Halo 3 Legendary did so because they thought the helmet was going to be more impressive than it turned out to be and also assumed that it would actually be rare and therefore would be something interesting to own. Owning something that not everyone who owns the game has is actually something that people value. The fact that the price kept dropping until it hit $30 a month or so ago was a pretty hard blow for some people who had pre-ordered at full price to swallow.

Taking a better example, the whole situation with the "Amazon exclusive" Gears of War rifle replica or the Fallout 3 clock. People assumed these would sell out or in the case of the gun, that a virtually identical product wouldn't be available from other retailers. Both assumptions were wrong. As such, it serves as pretty good evidence to me that this isn't something people should worry about pre-ordering, particularly since none of us really seem that into a bust, no matter how well made it is.

I do have to say that I'm puzzled by how hard you seem to be arguing this issue, particularly since you already stated you aren't going to be buying this. What does it matter to you if people claim that the bust is bad quality or that the overall package is a rip off? It doesn't have any impact on you and they have just as much credibility claiming it's a rip off as you do claiming it's not or it might not be.

I'm a bit wary of any bust or figure coming with CE's after the RE5 Chris figure. (not including Pipboy Bobblehead)

I'm also wondering why they chose to do some ghost minimates instead of the actual GhostBusters ... doesn't really interest me that much, might get it after it's been out and people can weigh on the bust. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='bojay1997']I do have to say that I'm puzzled by how hard you seem to be arguing this issue, particularly since you already stated you aren't going to be buying this. What does it matter to you if people claim that the bust is bad quality or that the overall package is a rip off? It doesn't have any impact on you and they have just as much credibility claiming it's a rip off as you do claiming it's not or it might not be.[/quote]

Seriously, get off my sack, dude. Every thread I see you in, you question why I say anything...at all. I'm sorry. I thought we were on a forum where we were free to state our opinions. I didn't know you were the arbiter that decides what opinions mean anything. Next time I want to share my opinion on something, I'll make sure it is in line with yours, so you won't have to moan about me having the nerve to discuss something that doesn't tickle your fancy.

The CE/LE prices of games are getting waaaaaay ridiculous while the goodies are getting less cool. Not down with that.

Normally I tempted by CE/LE games just because of the extra memorabilia and developer commentary stuff. Getting game-related collectibles isn't easy to come by and like I displaying these things, hence I got for the CE/LE when possible. But that's when the premium was only $10.

I hope I can pick this up on clearance or sale. And that's assuming the game turns out to be at least fun.

Well the Slimer bust is 12 inches tall, and if it was sold at retail would probably cost about $50. So factor that in with the cost of the min mates, and the price is justified.

But again, collectors editions are for people who are big fans of the games, or the properties. If you aren't, then no one cares that you think it's a rip off or lame. Simple as that.

[quote name='robin2099']Well the Slimer bust is 12 inches tall, and if it was sold at retail would probably cost about $50. So factor that in with the cost of the min mates, and the price is justified.

But again, collectors editions are for people who are big fans of the games, or the properties. If you aren't, then no one cares that you think it's a rip off or lame. Simple as that.[/quote]

It would seem the majority of the people in this thread does care though, lol. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='robin2099']Well the Slimer bust is 12 inches tall, and if it was sold at retail would probably cost about $50. So factor that in with the cost of the min mates, and the price is justified.

But again, collectors editions are for people who are big fans of the games, or the properties. If you aren't, then no one cares that you think it's a rip off or lame. Simple as that.[/quote]

Exactly, on both points. But of course, everything people either a) aren't interested in or b) can't sell for triple is a rip-off to a lot of people around here. If I went into every thread for an item I didn't want and said it was a rip-off, you'd see me in just about every thread on CAG. But just because I don't think a game is worth $60 doesn't mean it's a rip-off. It just means I don't want that game, and I certainly don't want to spend $60 on it.

That bust is nice, but as stated before... Im pretty much through with LE/CEs with figures. Ouside of my Fallout 3 CE Bobblehead, nearly every statue/action figure I've gotten in a LE/CE have been broken. Bioshock CE, BiA:HH (only 20$ though from GS), Street Fighter 4... all of them broken in the package :/

this is not really on topic but maybe i could clear somethings up. ghostbuster 3 was written by dan awhile back and it had the ghostbusters seeing new york around them flsh in and out of dimmensions. he once said that he would base the noises of new york (horns and just regular loud new your street noise) in a way that it was hell to hear those voices and then in the movie you would see that the parellel dimension was indeed hell . so the third movie was suppose to basically take them to hell. of course that never came to be but the basis of that original screenplay is what the story will evolve in the game. much like how the warriors played out like you were recruited and then played you up to the movie(basically having the first few stages be a "learning curve" experience before it dropped you in the events of the movie. that is how the game plays out. as a recruit the team doesn't take you thought the first and second movie but events do reoccur from those movies to make the player feel aware and comfortable with the familar settings before the game goes into its main portion (that being hell taking over). hopefully i presented myself clearly enough. if you are curious the material is out there to figure the game out.

persoanlly. i would love to see this game come out and be amazing but seeing what i have of the gameplay footage i don't think it will be that good gameplay-wise. ultimately that would suck cause to have all the talent on board and every look and sounds authenic to be ruined by crap gameplay.

It's great that people are helping the gaming industry understand that we're willing to spend ungodly amounts of money on games for little-to-no-reason.

I find it funny that we're here to save money on games, yet some people are willing to spend 60 bucks "more" for a plastic figure made in some sweat shop. But whatever, just wait until games hit 70 for a new release, then you'll be paying 1500-160 for "Premium" editions.

Sorry, I hate pre-orders and limited editions. I don't quite see how they increase the worth of the item when you get the same game. They do help increase the prices though.

When did Amazon start hiring pirates to write their copy?

"Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only be available with the Slimer Edition."

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Seriously, get off my sack, dude. Every thread I see you in, you question why I say anything...at all. I'm sorry. I thought we were on a forum where we were free to state our opinions. I didn't know you were the arbiter that decides what opinions mean anything. Next time I want to share my opinion on something, I'll make sure it is in line with yours, so you won't have to moan about me having the nerve to discuss something that doesn't tickle your fancy.[/quote]
Portrait-of-Baby-Crying-Photographic-Print-C12140105.jpg

[quote name='Squall280']
persoanlly. i would love to see this game come out and be amazing but seeing what i have of the gameplay footage i don't think it will be that good gameplay-wise. ultimately that would suck cause to have all the talent on board and every look and sounds authenic to be ruined by crap gameplay.[/quote]

Well...at the San Diego Comic Con last year MANY of us got to play the game. It was a lot of fun and I didn't hear a single person say anything negative. It has the Call Of Duty film-like scenes that get triggered as you walk around. And the character dialogue is running constantly. That's really funny. I don't think the screenshots do the game justice.

[quote name='MrGranger']Well...at the San Diego Comic Con last year MANY of us got to play the game. It was a lot of fun and I didn't hear a single person say anything negative. It has the Call Of Duty film-like scenes that get triggered as you walk around. And the character dialogue is running constantly. That's really funny. I don't think the screenshots do the game justice.[/quote]

Definitely seems like everyone who has seen the actual game in action are pretty excited about what the final product will be.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Definitely seems like everyone who has seen the actual game in action are pretty excited about what the final product will be.[/quote]

I am definitely awaiting to play the game regardless of who did the script or whatever other things people are bitching about. As long as it looks like them, voiced by them, and the story is based off of the original storyline, im ready.

Sorry, but this just pisses me off. Why is it that publishers are now trying to find ways to bring "Rock Band" pricing to their games??? $130, that's two full-priced games (something CAG's don't partake in) and 3 decently priced games. Maybe I'll take a closer look when it's an Amazon DotD for $50.

Wow I just tool a look at this because I heard about yesterday on Foreplay. Man what a ripoff.
I hope no one buys this shit. Just the game please.

I searched amazon for 'ghostbusters slimer' and the 2nd link I got was for a 'sexy' female ghostbusters costume. Ha maybe this would be worth the $55 as opposed to the slimer bust?

[quote name='dallow']What a joke.

MAYBE if they had included movies 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray. I'd bite.[/quote]

Agreed, or at least the DVD versions for the 360 and Wii.

To be frank, looking at the images posted by Amazon, most of those exclusives look like junk. I mean, the bust seems to be the focal point of the exclusive bundle, but to be frank, it looks plasticy-cheap (new word ;) )...something I would find at a Dollar General or something.

Most everything (like most other SE/LE bundles) looks like it cost about $15 AT THE MOST to produce.

Going to be passing on this...even if the game is fantastic...not worth the price.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=11310&f=54&sid=d6a52691557b38d8465c37a56aa63d78
The model is an impressive 10.5" tall and is cast in a translucent green, hovering over a facimile of the Ghostbusters Firehouse sign (designed by Paul Francis). These Slimer models will be limited to only 6500 pieces and are included in the Amazon package only and each one comes with a COA signed by artist Steve Johnson.
They only made 6500 of the Slimer Busts. They may all be ate up by huge Ghostbusters fans. With only 6500 I doubt we will see a huge price drop from Amazon.

Pictures of the Gamer Graffix.
gamer-graffix-xbox.jpg

gamer-graffix-xbox2.jpg

[quote name='dallow']What a joke.

MAYBE if they had included movies 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray. I'd bite.[/quote]

Yea I got excited when I heard about this because I assumed this edition would come with the movies since it has been stated that game comes out the same day as the 20th anniversary dvds come out.

I would have thought about if it came with all the this ok stuff plus the new dvds but no thanks and I am a huge ghostbusters fan.

edit: and those "console skins" are just 3 regular gamer graphix wall hangs except really small.

[quote name='nateeasy29']http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=11310&f=54&sid=d6a52691557b38d8465c37a56aa63d78
They only made 6500 of the Slimer Busts. They may all be ate up by huge Ghostbusters fans. With only 6500 I doubt we will see a huge price drop from Amazon.

Pictures of the Gamer Graffix.
gamer-graffix-xbox.jpg

gamer-graffix-xbox2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

6500 copies of something is a lot, especially on a bust which most people don't collect. Heck, it took EA until two days after the game came out to sell out just 1,000 copies of the Dead Space package they sold.

bread's done
Back