Glorious list of bonus/promotional DS styli! Magicians Quest: Magical Stylus @GS 5/5

Looks like I've fallen behind a bit. Sorry about that.

I'll add the Prinny stylus and the Moon stylus now. I just picked up a set of the Sonic styli on eBay for $11 since I forgot to preorder the game. Oh well. Still looking for a Prinny stylus. :[

lpsgl1.jpg

10/12/2008 - In this week's ad, CircuitCity is also offering free Little Pet Shop Stylus (PEL N7339).

Thanks for the tip! I'm always happy to be proven wrong. Added.

I rather like that one. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
There an e3 Zelda feather stylus this year for Spirit tracks, sadly its the same one you got for phantom hour glass, just you get a spirit tracks box

That's unfortunate. However, since I think they discontinued the promo from Nintendo, it's neat they're still giving it out, at least. Thanks for the update. :]

Forgot to mention this earlier, but there's a game in the Target ad this week Petz Fashion or something, that's supposed to have a stylus packed in. Not sure if it's Target exclusive or not. I feel bad for anyone collecting all the styli now.

I forget this thread is here. Those chopsticks styli are great. Too bad that wasn't a pre-order bonus. I would have pre-ordered that game instead of waiting for a good price on it.

Great list of styli! I'm a huge stylus collector myself and wanted to join CAG to participate in this thread. At last count of my stylus collection, I have over 90 styli that include many pre-order ones, some gachapon styli, club nintendo sets, and a few that can be found in stores(most of which are made by PDP).

Figured I'd let you know that there is a stylus that comes with Club Penguin: Collector's Edition Bundle(sold on Gamestop/Amazon/ect.) due out on Sept. 30th, 2009. The listing on Amazon has a picture for it which I posted below.

21oNst9r6wL._AA280_.jpg

Also wanted to post this info for the game Treasure World from Gamestop's website that mentions a stylus, but I can't as of yet find any pictures. It says:

"Grab your DS and start hunting! Treasure keys can be found by hunting for treasures at certain times or completing in-game achievements. If you’re lucky enough, you might even find the exclusive Gamestop treasure key for your chance to redeem fun prizes! Play Treasure World to unlock some of these great prizes:

• Gamestop Gift Card
  • Treasure World T-shirt
  • Art book
  • Stickers
  • Color books
  • Post Cards
  • Retailer gift cards
  • Treasure World Backpack
  • Treasure Your World recycling totes
  • Custom DS stylus
  • Custom DS Skins
  • Custom DS case
  • Nintendo DSi
  • Plush collectibles
  • Wallpapers
  • Music
  • ..and much much more!!!
*You must be a member of Club Treasure World to redeem treasure keys. If you’re not a member follow the easy steps on clubtreasureworld and sign up- it’s free! As a member of the club, you can chat with other treasure hunters, show off your world, set up trades and more!"

I might have to resort to ebay for both the Club Penguin and the Squeeballs styli. Neither game seems worthy of a purchase

[quote name='SiK99']I might have to resort to ebay for both the Club Penguin and the Squeeballs styli. Neither game seems worthy of a purchase[/QUOTE]

I would imagine if you preordered a game for the stylus and sold the game immediately on eBay during the first few days of release, you would hardy lose any money. It would probably cost more to buy the stylus later.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would imagine if you preordered a game for the stylus and sold the game immediately on eBay during the first few days of release, you would hardy lose any money. It would probably cost more to buy the stylus later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really should start selling stuff on Ebay (never have).

SqueeballsStylus.jpg

I got a different Squeeballs Stylus with my game (pictured). I think there are 12 different Squeeballs in the game so I wonder if there are 12 different styli?

(P.S. Rocko...we need an update! :) )

[quote name='SiK99']
SqueeballsStylus.jpg

I got a different Squeeballs Stylus with my game (pictured). I think there are 12 different Squeeballs in the game so I wonder if there are 12 different styli?

(P.S. Rocko...we need an update! :) )[/QUOTE]

haven't seen that one before but I've been seeing the GS "exclusive" being the pack in with the copies at TRU and Wal-Mart

[quote name='fart_bubble']haven't seen that one before but I've been seeing the GS "exclusive" being the pack in with the copies at TRU and Wal-Mart[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if TRU or Wal-Mart were selling the game because their websites aren't listing it. (and I haven't been in either store recently) I'll have to keep an eye out for others.

I still haven't seen anything like this for the U.S. but the Japanese version of Spirit Tracks (Zelda no Densetsu Taiyou no Kiteki) gets the clear feather stylus in a green rupee case.

2132397384.jpg

[quote name='SiK99']I still haven't seen anything like this for the U.S. but the Japanese version of Spirit Tracks (Zelda no Densetsu Taiyou no Kiteki) gets the clear feather stylus in a green rupee case.

2132397384.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that is pretty cool

I confirmed with PDP that Squeeballs DS only comes with one of two stylus. Either the red or the blue.

In the past, what has been the amount of time before a release that a promo such as this was announced? I'm starting to think that there will be no pre-order bonus for Spirit Tracks in the US, or is it too soon to make that judgement?

[quote name='crunchewy']In the past, what has been the amount of time before a release that a promo such as this was announced? I'm starting to think that there will be no pre-order bonus for Spirit Tracks in the US, or is it too soon to make that judgement?[/QUOTE]

We probably won't get one, at least not with the purchase. I think the latest I can remember seeing a bonus revealed was the Lithograph from Fire Emblem. Wasn't that revealed like 3 weeks before the games release?

I'm still holding out hope though that they'll send this out to people who register the game on club nintendo. Sort-of like they did when people registered Spirit Tracks and received the first quill stylus.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Haha I have a Club Nintendo Stylus with a penguin , It is okay I guess . But I never use it :([/QUOTE]

Can you post a pic?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Haha I have a Club Nintendo Stylus with a penguin , It is okay I guess . But I never use it :([/QUOTE]

Don't you mean Club Penguin stylus (not Club Nintendo)? I've never seen/heard of a Club Nintendo penguin stylus. The only other penguin one is the Prinny one from Disgaea DS.

Any free stylus deals going on? o_O

My girlfriend lent me her DS but she lost her stylus..

Just wondering :/

edit: I searched that you can get free styli (?) when you register Brain Age 2 and/or Kirby: Canvas Curse.
Does it still apply?

She lent me those games but no pamphlets or anything :(

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Any free stylus deals going on? o_O

My girlfriend lent me her DS but she lost her stylus..

Just wondering :/

edit: I searched that you can get free styli (?) when you register Brain Age 2 and/or Kirby: Canvas Curse.
Does it still apply?

She lent me those games but no pamphlets or anything :([/QUOTE]

The free stylus offer for Brain Age 2 and Kirby are over. GameStop doesn't currently have any other pre-order bonus offers either.

PDP makes some decent ones though. You can find them on Amazon, GameStop, or the PDP websites.

[quote name='SiK99']The free stylus offer for Brain Age 2 and Kirby are over. GameStop doesn't currently have any other pre-order bonus offers either.

PDP makes some decent ones though. You can find them on Amazon, GameStop, or the PDP websites.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help! I was wondering about the styluses (stylii?) at Radioshack made by a company called Gigabyte? They're on sale for Father's Day, and I was wondering if they're good quality.

[quote name='predseth']Anyone know where I could find one of the e3 2004 flashing styli? I've looked on ebay and there are none.[/QUOTE]

I've checked Ebay for over a year and haven't seen em. Gonna be a rare find if someone ever decides to put one on there.

[quote name='SiK99']I've checked Ebay for over a year and haven't seen em. Gonna be a rare find if someone ever decides to put one on there.[/QUOTE]

That makes me want one even more.:cry: It's just a stylus, it's just a stylus. What do you think it would go for? That had to have been worth the price of going to e3.

[quote name='predseth']That makes me want one even more.:cry: It's just a stylus, it's just a stylus. What do you think it would go for? That had to have been worth the price of going to e3.[/QUOTE]

I've bid on quite a few rare stylus off Ebay (I am a huge collector) and haven't had any go above $50. It really just depends on how rare it is and how many people are after it....probably no less than $20 though.

As of right now, I have 3 rare stylus on my "to get" list and that is one of them. Another was Japan-only (gonna be tough to find as well) and the third one I want isn't out yet.

Can you take a pic of your rare stylus collection? I am pretty curious about which ones you have, Stylus collecting sounds interesting.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Can you take a pic of your rare stylus collection? I am pretty curious about which ones you have, Stylus collecting sounds interesting.[/QUOTE]

I have a few coming in the mail so I will wait till I get them before taking a picture. I'm not even sure I can fit them all in one picture now...at least not close enough to see some of the smaller ones.

I am up over 100 styli now with many being store-bought.

(Well I was going to post this in the collection thread but I no longer see it listed...)

PDP Store-bought Styli: Mario/Luigi with Case, Transformers, Pokemon, Nintendo Characters.
04adcf7d.jpg

Club Nintendo Rainbow Styli/DS Cart Case w/ Rainbow Styli
4c36c295.jpg

Gashapon Styli (Bomberman, Zelda, Mario & Pokemon)
8588d026.jpg

Other Misc. Store Bought (Gundam, Dragon Quest Slime, Mario, StarWars, Kirby & Transformers
3b999aed.jpg

Pre-Order Bonus Styli:
225c2777.jpg

I have a few more styli but they are mostly just regular ones that either came with the DS systems or a case.

If you have any questions or want to know what a specific one was in the picture, feel free to ask.

bread's done
Back