God of War III -- Gen. Discussion

I criticized the game, for looking like gray clay, but looking at the new video, and the video of the demo, I'm impressed.

[quote name='thespamofpower']the trailers looked great, I'm really excited for this thing and want it to come out now! That being said, I was disappointed that there was no release date (even a year would have been fine).[/QUOTE]
There was a release date. March 10, 2010

[quote name='Serpentor']Any words on the Collector or Limited or Super Dup'd edition?[/QUOTE]

Not from what I've heard, and given that Sony developed games don't have a history of Collector's Edition (at least in the United States) then I wouldn't expect much.

Which is strange, because those things print money like no one's business -- especially for GoW III.

tried it out today for about 20 mins, and nothing really seems different besides the updated visuals (Which means it'll probably be a solid game at least). We'll see how the final product is.

I really need to play thru GoW II soon. I have played and beaten GoW I and Chains of Olympus, now I need to get on the second game. I know I have a lot of time to finish it before 3 comes out but MAN does 3 look AMAZING.

i don't want anything to be changed besides the visual :)

It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it's so mine. I need to know how things end!

3743789945_6be7777551.jpg

Also wanted to let you know that today we announced a cool partnership with United Cutlery. That’s right an authentic Blade of Chaos. The scaled replica of Kratos’ Blades of Chaos, stretches 20 13/16” overall and is designed with a 12 7/16” blade constructed from solid-cast zinc aluminum with a custom-etched mold texture, and unique fantasy grindings that mirror the piece used in the game. The handle grip is injection-molded and surrounded by an intricate, detailed cast-metal guard and pommel. The Blades of Chaos replica includes a custom display stand with the God of War logo. Pretty sweet stuff!
:hot::hot: DO WANT :hot::hot:

http://budk.com/info.asp?ii=31&sid=gow&eid=gow2009&camid=&bhcd2=1248314614

I wonder if this will be the new trend? No BC so they re-do classics for release on blu ray???? Now where is my ICO/Shadow of colossus at?

I've been thinking this for awhile, actually. I was hoping they would do some kind of CE GOWIII that included all 3 games, but getting them a couple of months earlier is even better. I'm in for one, fer sher!

God of War I and II Re-release on PS3, on a single blu-ray, with higher resolution, with tuned up graphics, with trophy support, at 40 dollars this holiday season?! Thank you Sony. Now do this with the Ratchet and Clank and Jak Series. Nintendo is getting away with it. :roll:

This, I will be picking up. I've had a PS3 for over a year, and these will probably be the first games I will actually complete. Great games.

yep im in the picking this up boat too sucks they couldnt have added a reworked version of the psp game too especially since psp games have been released to ps2 before but oh well. 40 bucks isnt a bad price either since it is getting prettied up.

Holy sheeeit. I saw the rumors that this might be coming but didn't think it actually would.

And yes, Sony, I will double-dip on awesome PS2 games with slightly better graphics and trophies!!!

this is great, I've never played god of war but have always wanted to pick it up. This cost the same as buying the 2 games separate so I'll just wait for it

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm cautiously excited. Show me some video first...then I'll have an opinion.[/QUOTE]

They're not going to be PS3 quality, but it's going to look like a hot-shit phenomenal PS2 game, I'm guessing. The move from 480p to 720p may be worth nothing, but 60fps has me intrigued.

[quote name='mykevermin']They're not going to be PS3 quality, but it's going to look like a hot-shit phenomenal PS2 game, I'm guessing. The move from 480p to 720p may be worth nothing, but 60fps has me intrigued.[/QUOTE]

My concern is stretching/tearing of the textures AND color fade/washout.

[quote name='FroMann']God of War I and II Re-release on PS3, on a single blu-ray, with higher resolution, with tuned up graphics, with trophy support, at 40 dollars this holiday season?! Thank you Sony. Now do this with the Ratchet and Clank and Jak Series. Nintendo is getting away with it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely picking up the GoW collection and would pick up ones for Jak and R&C.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Trophy support? This has made my day... :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, more good games for you to get trophies from rather than some of the games you have gotten platinums in.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Trophy support? This has made my day... :D[/QUOTE]
Noooo! Your trophies page is long enough. It already freezes my PS3 for quite awhile. I'm impressed with some of your Platinums though, like Wipeout HD.

I've also never played a GoW game, so I'm definitely going to pick this up.

man... I MIGHT just pick this up, but I rather have it as a addition to a special edition collection for GOW III.

You can bet w/ some certainty that Sony will remaster "ICO" & "Shadow of the Colossus" when "The Last Guardian" is nearing release.

I would absolutely explode if SotC were remastered -- I want to replay it but not on my HD TV.

[quote name='FroMann']God of War I and II Re-release on PS3, on a single blu-ray, with higher resolution, with tuned up graphics, with trophy support, at 40 dollars this holiday season?! Thank you Sony. Now do this with the Ratchet and Clank and Jak Series. Nintendo is getting away with it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I assume you're referring to Nintendo re-releasing Metroid Prime 1 & 2 via the Trilogy pack (and maybe RE4.)

The difference is the Wii versions of these games are vastly superior, obviously because of the controls. If you haven't tried RE4 on the Wii, it is probably the definitive version. Try it once and you'll realize how shitty RE5 controls really are with a regular controller (comparatively.)

I'm definitely buying the GoW re-release though. Even if they're only adding trophies & updated graphics, it's a nice way to be able to play these games again.

[quote name='IRHari']I assume you're referring to Nintendo re-releasing Metroid Prime 1 & 2 via the Trilogy pack (and maybe RE4.)

The difference is the Wii versions of these games are vastly superior, obviously because of the controls. If you haven't tried RE4 on the Wii, it is probably the definitive version. Try it once and you'll realize how shitty RE5 controls really are with a regular controller (comparatively.)

I'm definitely buying the GoW re-release though. Even if they're only adding trophies & updated graphics, it's a nice way to be able to play these games again.[/QUOTE]

There arent enough facepalm pictures in the world. I have RE4 wii. I also beat RE5 on 360. RE5 controls better then RE4 wii. Pointer controls are not superior for everyone.

What don't you like about it? It's extremely fast and responsive. If you're trying to shoot one person one the right side of the screen and immediately shoot another person on the left side of the screen, RE4 Wii lets you do this almost instantly. With RE5 aiming from left to right is sluggish.

[quote name='IRHari']I assume you're referring to Nintendo re-releasing Metroid Prime 1 & 2 via the Trilogy pack (and maybe RE4.)

I'm definitely buying the GoW re-release though. Even if they're only adding trophies & updated graphics, it's a nice way to be able to play these games again.[/QUOTE]
I tried out RE4 back when I had a Wii. It looked great and played well but was easy to pull off head shots and kick or elbow enemies heads off. I was even able to play it on the hard mode with not much trouble. When you played it with a controller it was much more harder. Making it feel more like a survival action game.

In the future I just hope Sony releases more of its exclusive series like Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank with 720p resolution, TRUE widescreen, trophies, and tweaked graphic settings. Who knows, maybe there will be Sixaxis controls in the re-release of God of War.

Personally, I don't like the idea of "oh, let's make the controls crappy/harder to use to increase the intensity/fear."

Never felt right to me. I don't know if it was intentional in all those Resident Evil games or just poor design.

[quote name='mykevermin']They're not going to be PS3 quality, but it's going to look like a hot-shit phenomenal PS2 game, I'm guessing. The move from 480p to 720p may be worth nothing, but 60fps has me intrigued.[/QUOTE]

No, but it will still look a lot better than a Wii game. ;)

Honestly, I'll probably pick up the GoW I and II set, but I would have easily gotten III also if it came with those.

Now I'll skip III until in drops in price. Sorry, Sony.

bread's done
Back