God of War Social Game Gets You Goodies

[quote name='kingcz']So far, the Beta doesnt need activation so I guess we can use it over and over, I just guessing, so to confirm if it really is, PM me if anyone is interested, I have created a dummy account for this Beta.[/QUOTE]
I PMd you, entered in the dummy account information, and am downloading it at the moment. It's 1441 MB and has about 4 minutes remaining. I'll update this post if I'm able to play it on my main account. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Playing online right now, it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its kind of good but not great, I though it would be more gory as the GoW game has to be, but the Beta rather look more cosmetic than effective, try to get a Finising Kill and you will see what I mean. One thing Idk but why does most of modern games have so small text font?

[quote name='kingcz']Well its kind of good but not great, I though it would be more gory as the GoW game has to be, but the Beta rather look more cosmetic than effective, try to get a Finising Kill and you will see what I mean. One thing Idk but why does most of modern games have so small text font?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. It's okay but boils down to people jump into a melee fight, then spam magic, then they either die, run away, or kill you. I noticed a frequent habit of a teammate and myself both hitting one guy and then when he would counter or somehow turn the table on us my teammate would run for the hills leaving me to be slaughtered, even if said teammate had 50% or more of his health.

My biggest problem I have with the multiplayer: Combos. You can get stuck in endless combos against a single opponent meaning you can't block, move, or use any magic or items to save yourself. Get stuck fighting 2-3 guys and you are almost guaranteed death.

There are other problems.
- Sometimes gore is there and sometimes it's not. The finisher where you practically cut a guy in half has never yielded spewing blood for me.

- Entire sounds missing. Pulling of a finisher with a giant hammer yielded nothing but grunts of my victim as my hammer slams into his head multiple times with no thumps, thuds, or thwacks.

- Grabbing ledges is responsive while I climb a wall safely but if I am running for my life it doesn't work and I fall to my death.

- Objectives in free-for-all? I played a FFA match and was never given an objective except to kill the other 3 guys. When I lost the match(I got 3rd) I was greeted with a screen telling me the guys in 1st and 2nd got points from doing objectives. What objectives? I wish the game had told me what I could have done for some of those points.

- More of a personal problem but why show 4 Gods to pledge yourself to and then immediately tell me I can only pick between Zeus and Ares? WTH? Each God you pledge to alters your available techniques, weapons, etc. and they all need testing.

It IS a beta though so these things should be ironed out in time for release, and I sure hope they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djricekcn']it says i need 300 more points, i have 1500 points...i can't find chapter 6?[/QUOTE]

300 more points is to "level up" again which should if you completed the first 5 say it will unlock the sword of artemis

[quote name='slowdive21']I haven't received any codes yet. It says I unlucked items, but how do I et a code? (I used facebook to login.)[/QUOTE]

the only code that will be given out right now will be beta codes.. all other codes will be given at launch

this is crap. I have the 1500 point & am a spartan but never got any code. I downloaded chrome browser to try it on that & still no code.

I had created a dummy account and had it confirmed that the Beta can be downloaded without any restriction. So who still want to play it PM me for info.

Just wanted to say that I got my beta through this a few days ago and got up to level 19, I'm really enjoying it so far, I like the ffa far more then the team mode though (my teams always suck and it's more fun to just do the fast paced fights). I'll definitely be ordering this before it comes out, probably the CE for the future DLC as well :p

Pls guys read my post carefully before sending me PM for Beta, Im talking about the access to the dummy account I had created not that I have any code to give away.

[quote name='FidelityNy']Chapter 1:

1. The Giver
2. Arrow
3. Megaera

Chapter 2:

1. Five
2. Zeus
3. Nautilus

Chapter 3:

1. Argos
2. The Fields of Elysium
3. Orion

Chapter 4:

1. Amulet of the Fates
2. Bog of the Forgotten
3. Undead Legionnaire

Chapter 5:

1. Aegean Sea
2. Caves of Madness
3. Charon[/QUOTE]

OP should be updated to include all these!

[quote name='GLocc5000']u don't know the last answer?[/QUOTE]

I could only find two questions on chapter 6. Are there more?

[quote name='d_nash']I could only find two questions on chapter 6. Are there more?[/QUOTE]no sry thought there was 3 since all of them had 3 questions

[quote name='GLocc5000']no sry thought there was 3 since all of them had 3 questions[/QUOTE]

Where was the third question?

I only found those two as well

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I just caught up and am now at 1700 points. No beta code for me :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Check your PM. I just sent you one....

I think there should be a 3rd. It doesn't tell me "Congrats Warrior, you've completed all the challenges on this page..." message like the other 5 did.

If you look at panel 4 on chapter 6, the guys weapon on his belt is greyed out like it's an error and didn't load the link correctly... seems like it should be clickable...

I'm running firefox, maybe it's a browser thing?

Looks like the next team award will be a God of War Avatar Pack. I guess the same team that got the beta 1st will win again and get it 1st.

[quote name='page305']I think there should be a 3rd. It doesn't tell me "Congrats Warrior, you've completed all the challenges on this page..." message like the other 5 did.

If you look at panel 4 on chapter 6, the guys weapon on his belt is greyed out like it's an error and didn't load the link correctly... seems like it should be clickable...

I'm running firefox, maybe it's a browser thing?[/QUOTE]

When you log in, it says: Complete the two secret challenges on this page and be rewarded for your triumph.

[quote name='mitch079']When you log in, it says: Complete the two secret challenges on this page and be rewarded for your triumph.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected.

[quote name='The 7th Number']900 more points to get to rank 4, reward is the single player demo! :whee:[/QUOTE]

huh? Mine says 100 more points to Rank 4 and Rank 4 warriors get the Artimus Blade?

[quote name='page305']huh? Mine says 100 more points to Rank 4 and Rank 4 warriors get the Artimus Blade?[/QUOTE]

this is what mine says as well

I was going to take a screen shot but now mine says that too, before it said 900 more points for early access to the single player demo. guess they jumped the gun.

I never got a beta code of any sort. The odd thing is it has never called me either a Spartan nor a Trojan, it has only ever referred to me as "Warrior."

[quote name='GLocc5000']is there a 1 month free trial as a reward?[/QUOTE]

The IGN page mentions 30 day ps+ trial with the Beta code , but I don't think anyone got it.

That is kind of BS that they cut us off at 100 points away from the artimus blade. I was REALLY hoping for access to the single player demo!

[quote name='Kingrodedog']That is kind of BS that they cut us off at 100 points away from the artimus blade. I was REALLY hoping for access to the single player demo![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I personally didn't like the MP at all. It was 4 guys in a group button mashing b/c no-one could tell which guy they were.

Match became way unfair way too quickly too. This caused rage quits, which made the match unplayable.

I cannot claim may beta code, I normally use chrome but I also used firefox, and *shudder* Internet Explorer, none of the browsers worked. >.>

I just noticed this, anyone know whats up with it? Is there something more than just the 2 codes? Is this saying there is something special to do to get the Armor of Artemis?

team_banner_med-lg_v03.jpg

I'm pretty sure the 2 secret challenges it's referring to are the FLAME and BROTHER answers. Same with the 1 Armor of Artemis secret challenge. I had a dupe account without any of the answers done, and I went into the 6th Chapter and it gave me the same messages. I completed FLAME and it gave me a "look" at the Armor of Artemis.

bread's done
Back