Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='doc_zaius']rockstar social club says that I have run over 300,000 miles so far.

I think that website is broken.[/quote]

Where do you go to see your stats? The Social Club isn't really picking up my ZiTs either, says I only have 3 when I have a ton of ZiT texts on my phone.

[quote name='xcoax']I called 911 and took the police car that came. You're not going to find one just sitting unoccupied and unwatched somewhere on the street, you've got to fight for it.

Wow. Apparently everyone was eager to answer this question. haha[/QUOTE]

The one sitting a block up the street from your first safehouse is hardly ever watched.

[quote name='Mahoney07']I'm pissed Rockstar put a beat the game in under 30 hours achievement in GTA4. I spend a lot of time fucking around and now I won't get the achievement and I definitly don't feel like beating the whole game again.[/quote]

I agree fully, bad idea for this achievement

I'm not going for the 30 hours achievement. I'm enjoying the game, usually doing a main story mission and then some side missions. A date with Michelle and some time with Roman every now and then. Fun game, i can definitely see myself playing this for a while.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the 30 hours thing is pretty damn easy IMHO if you constantly use taxis. My time for beating the game was under 22 hours, and I fucked around a tiny bit.[/QUOTE]

Losing enjoyment and rushing through a great game for an achievement is lame as fuck.

Alright, maybe I missed something, but at what point in the game do you get a garage to keep cars in? Brucie just gave me a nice car, and I have no place to put it.

Also, it doesn't seem like Niko and Roman will be very rich by the end of the game. By the time you're finished, do you have a lot of nice cars and mansions and stuff? Like in past GTA games?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Alright, maybe I missed something, but at what point in the game do you get a garage to keep cars in? Brucie just gave me a nice car, and I have no place to put it.

Also, it doesn't seem like Niko and Roman will be very rich by the end of the game. By the time you're finished, do you have a lot of nice cars and mansions and stuff? Like in past GTA games?[/QUOTE]

in this game, you don't have garages, but parking spaces. every safehouse has a yellow marked outline parking space in front of it. park within it and the game will save your car.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']in this game, you don't have garages, but parking spaces. every safehouse has a yellow marked outline parking space in front of it. park within it and the game will save your car.[/quote]
Huh, I never new that. Good to know.

lol, the game should've told you. watch for those tips/hints on the top left corner of the game early on during the tutorial missions.

For the last hour I've just been hiding my ass in my safehouse (the second one) while shooting & blowing up police as they show up in my crib.

Last run I took myself and four officers out near the TV. Watching everyone fly into the kitchen area in slow mo is awesome. :D

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Can I only have one car per safe house? It looks like I can fit two, but I just wanted to make sure because I'm afraid one of my cars will just vanish.[/QUOTE]

I've got two at a few of mine. I'm sometime going to test and see if I can can get two and a motorcycle on there.

BEST THING EVER!!!!

Riding a motorcycle down the Brooklyn bridge into NYC. Flew off of the bridge into the back of an SUV going around 100mph, high a light pole after three spins in the air, was almost dead, and then the light fell off of the light pole on his head and killed him.

Anyone done the bank robbing mission?

This game freaking rocks...

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i got a bike and banshee at one of mine

the game doesnt tell u i just tried and it worked :lol:[/QUOTE]

it tells you pretty much right when you arrive at the first safehouse in the game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it tells you pretty much right when you arrive at the first safehouse in the game.[/quote]

lol guess i didnt see it then
that or i did and i thought it said u could only store 1 car :whistle2:#

[quote name='kromekoran']if you go to the options menu on your phone and scroll all the way down you can put the phone in sleep mode. however, I think once you hit the mission marker and start a mission your phone gets turned back on, no big deal since no one will bother you in a mission, just remember to put it back to sleep after the mission if you still don't want to be bothered.[/quote]
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

[quote name='Dro']Kind of a stupid question but How do you get a taxi to drive you somewhere?[/quote]

Press "LB" to hail a cab, then scroll through the location options. Make sure you hold "Y" to enter as a passenger too.

I had a huge blast during my fleeing and evading yesterday... I started out by the hospital(the one with the U-shaped road in front of it) that I spawned at after getting wasted.

Started by shooting a couple cops walking by and then jacked a cop car and ran over the cops until the SWAT team came and ran over them... Then jacked the SWAT truck (which in my opinon is more like a tank in the way that it throws cars out of the way). Then went to the bridge and tried to get to the next island (still barricaded off) all the while dropping molotovs out the window. Finally got assassinated while taking down about 30 cops when my truck blew up. :)

I love it

[quote name='pimpinc333']Losing enjoyment and rushing through a great game for an achievement is lame as fuck.[/quote]

BUT I NEED MOAR CHEESEMINTS!

Just kidding, rushing thorough games is lame.

The things that annoy me most about this game:

1. The camera.

2. No checkpoints in missions.

3. No save anywhere feature.

I'd technically give the game an 8/10 just for 2 and 3 (I honestly feel missing both of these warranted losing 2 full points), but fun is 10/10, easy.

Oh, and I wanna bang more sluts. How can I do this?

I'm not even going to try for that 30 hour achievement. It's too much fun to just go around doing shit and doing side missions.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Press "LB" to hail a cab, then scroll through the location options. Make sure you hold "Y" to enter as a passenger too.[/quote]

You don't actually need to hail a cab, you can just run up to one and hold Y. If it already has a passenger, you throw them out and get in.

[quote name='Danil ACE']You don't actually need to hail a cab, you can just run up to one and hold Y. If it already has a passenger, you throw them out and get in.[/quote]

Oh, heh, I didn't know that either. That's an easier way of doing it, I suppose :lol:

I was getting pissed off trying to get the Chain Reaction cheesemint. every time I got to like 6 cars stolen and parked next to eachother a cop would magically appear out of nowhere as I stole the next one.

so I just stole a bus and barricaded the middle of a bridge, waited for the cars to pile up, then hit 'em with the RPG. it was glorious.

[quote name='kromekoran']
so I just stole a bus and barricaded the middle of a bridge, waited for the cars to pile up, then hit 'em with the RPG. it was glorious.[/QUOTE]

good point. I'll do that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good point. I'll do that.[/quote]

An easy place to find buses is down the main street directly to the west of the Algonquin bridge. I've also tried doing this achievement with grenades but I couldn't do it, and I'm not going to buy RPGs yet until I get the half million dollar achievement.

anyone know what the deal is with the R* Social Club, that shit never updates, I can never seen my stats, my games, or any of My zit hits.

My 360 account is linked to the site and everything.

[quote name='joe2187']anyone know what the deal is with the R* Social Club, that shit never updates, I can never seen my stats, my games, or any of My zit hits.

My 360 account is linked to the site and everything.[/QUOTE]

same here... slow as fuck.

One Man Army achievement easy;

This achievement is most easily achieved at the beginning of the game, before any additional islands have been unlocked. First, get on the train tracks that go under the Algonquin Bridge. The easiest on-ramp is on the eastern side of the island, near where you find your cousin Roman in the mission "Bleed Out." Once on the tracks, head west towards the middle island. Provided you have not yet unlocked the island, when you get about halfway across the bridge, you will receive a 6 star wanted level. However, you are safe here because the police cars and helicopters cannot get to you here, however, swat team climbers can. So take your time, continuing onto the second island will bring you into the underground subway tunnels, again, where the police cannot find you. Once 5 minutes is up, and as soon as your wanted level goes away (either by dying or by evading) the achievement will unlock.

Another way is get a helicopter (before you unlock all the islands) and then just fly over onto the second or third island and then you will get a 6 star wanted level. Then you just fly around for 5 minutes.

Gotten from the xbox360achievements.com guide.

Ugh...I just got the game a couple days ago but I won't be able to play til Saturday Night...it's finals week =/...

Oh well, I can keep checking places like this thread for impressions in the meantime to satiate my curiosity!

Yeah the helicopter method is probably the easiest, but if you don't cheat (I didn't), you need to unlock the middle island and steal one of the tour helicopters at the south east of the middle island.

After beating the game twice (once for all the side missions and another time for the Liberty City Minute achievement) to see the two different endings, I definitely think
NOTE: Make sure you actually want to read this...spoilers for this game can't get any bigger:
the "good" ending (aka killing Dmitri instead of partnering w/ him, and then killing ol' Jimmy boy) is 10x better than making the opposite decisions. Losing Kate >>>>>> losing Roman.

I tried getting the One Man Army achievement using the method they are showing on Inside XBOX on the console and each time I do that, I get out where they say to, but the cops show up and ram my a$$ down the stairs and kill me. What's up with that?

Never take an Irish man out drinking and then drive home on a motorcycle drunk. I think about 5 cop cars were completely obliterated and about 300 Innocent people were killed along the way, while packie slowly got more and more brain damaged at each turn and crash.

It was a fucken war zone, but somehow we made it home, even got the "Outrun 4 star wanted level" achievement. awesome.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']After beating the game twice (once for all the side missions and another time for the Liberty City Minute achievement) to see the two different endings, I definitely think
NOTE: Make sure you actually want to read this...spoilers for this game can't get any bigger:
the "good" ending (aka killing Dmitri instead of partnering w/ him, and then killing ol' Jimmy boy) is 10x better than making the opposite decisions. Losing Kate >>>>>> losing Roman.
[/QUOTE]

Hey since you've beat it twice maybe you can answer a question for me. Is there anything that will keep me from getting a 100% in the game? Like are there any missions I can't go back and do that I might miss out on that would not allow me to get 100%?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Nabbed the 6 star wanted level achievement. I found a nice little hiding spot that made it really easy.[/quote]

what spot?!?

[quote name='FrankySox']Hey since you've beat it twice maybe you can answer a question for me. Is there anything that will keep me from getting a 100% in the game? Like are there any missions I can't go back and do that I might miss out on that would not allow me to get 100%?[/quote]No, you won't miss any main missions needed to complete the game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']After beating the game twice (once for all the side missions and another time for the Liberty City Minute achievement) to see the two different endings, I definitely think
[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize
Roman dies, but I'm glad I got the good ending. I really would've hated to lose roman

Is it just me or does the GF
Carmen's special ability to heal you
never work, not during missions, not outside of missions. Ive never got it to work.
I call her up and she gives me advice and my health just stays the same.

bread's done
Back