Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

I beat 3 leaf clover in one try. Just need body armor and a lot of grenades.

The last mission on the other hand.....
I could not fly helicopter at all the whole entire game, and it took me like 5 tries to catch Pregrino's boat

I hate Three Leaf Clover!!!!

Can't I just kill my partners and do it all by myself? Every time I try it I fail because Derrick or Packie fuck it up somehow. Why is it that video game designers love to force you to work with teammates yet they don't bother giving them AI that works?:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='yukine']
I think the SUV is always there, like its already been said go up the stairs where you exit the subway and are back on the street and turn right and it should be parked right there beside the street.

Try running up the stairs real fast and jumping into the SUV and once Packie and Derrick are with you haul ass out of there. I was able to get out of there before cops even showed up and lost the stars fast.
[/QUOTE]

OK, this was my problem. The first time you mentioned the SUV, I misunderstood and thought you meant it was right outside the bank where you first exit. I kept running around that area looking for a vehicle, and by the time I'd give up on it, I'd have been shot up so much by the cops that my armor and half my health was gone. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not very bright. :roll:

Thanks for clearing that up for me; also thanks to the other guys who answered as well. I'm thinking later tonight (when my kids are asleep), I'll be able to finally get through it.

[quote name='f50turbo']You know, I just realized my Niko is missing his gloves. Anyone else? I now feel incomplete knowing this.[/quote]

I don't think there are gloves in the final version of the game. Ive never seen any in any of the stores.

Theres actually alot of things that were seen in preview pics and vids that don't seem to be in the final game. Perhaps they were held back for dlc?

I need help with final interview
Im trying to go to the interview and it keeps saying that I need a suit and a tie to do the interview. seems like i bought every suit and shoe at pegasus and it still wont let me into the interview. any help?

[quote name='decrot']I need help with final interview
Im trying to go to the interview and it keeps saying that I need a suit and a tie to do the interview. seems like i bought every suit and shoe at pegasus and it still wont let me into the interview. any help?
[/QUOTE]

Are you wearing the suit and shoes to the interview?

[quote name='Prock']Are you wearing the suit and shoes to the interview?[/quote]
Yes, i bought every suit combination possible.

[quote name='decrot']Yes, i bought every suit combination possible.[/quote]

you have to wear a suit and shoes, can't wear any sunglasses or hats.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I hate Three Leaf Clover!!!!

Can't I just kill my partners and do it all by myself? Every time I try it I fail because Derrick or Packie fuck it up somehow. Why is it that video game designers love to force you to work with teammates yet they don't bother giving them AI that works?:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
[/quote]

I had one time where one of them ran 3 blocks down the wrong direction. But once i got to a certain point, it all came back to normal.

[quote name='decrot']Yes, i bought every suit combination possible.[/quote]

Dont wear sunglasses.

[/QUOTE]

This is the first mission in any game ever that I found that my partners actually helped me a great bit. I'd let them run ahead and draw the attention of the police. Then I'd slowly follow behind them and pick everyone off. It was smooth sailing until the subway where the confined space made shootouts a bit more risky and damage much less avoidable. I beat the mission with full health and still a quarter of my armor left.

My advice would be to take things slowly and utilize your partners as much as possible. I found the mission to be quite easy.

[quote name='naiku']you have to wear a suit and shoes, can't wear any sunglasses or hats.[/quote]
im not wearing any sunglasses or hats, have a black suit with the red tie, charcoal pants and black loafers.

what am i doing wrong here?

[quote name='decrot']im not wearing any sunglasses or hats, have a black suit with the red tie, charcoal pants and black loafers.

what am i doing wrong here?[/quote]

try wearing the same thing no combinations
i did it with the whole charcoal suit and w/e shoes i picked out

[quote name='Nelo Ice']try wearing the same thing no combinations
i did it with the whole charcoal suit and w/e shoes i picked out[/quote]

with the suit you'll notice that when changing clothes it'll go into outfit mode. so if you put the suit jacket and tie on and it doesn't say "change outfit" on the little menu in the corner maybe you don't have the right pants for the suit. when wearing the suit you shouldn't have options to change pants or top.

other than that I can't think of anything you'd be doing wrong.

sorry, wrong quote, that was to decrot.

Thought it might be fun to speculate/wish list some GTA DLC.

here's some of what I'd LOVE to have more of...

1. MORE LITTLE JACOB!... By far my favorite character, I love his philosophy of life and I'm sad that I've run out of conversations with him. I'd even like to see him as a playable character.

2. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Perfect for a holiday DLC!

3. Snow

4. More Radio Stations. Maybe even interact with some of the DJs. I'd LOVE to get a mission from Karl Lagerfeld!

firstslide.jpg

[quote name='Puffa469']I don't think there are gloves in the final version of the game. Ive never seen any in any of the stores.

Theres actually alot of things that were seen in preview pics and vids that don't seem to be in the final game. Perhaps they were held back for dlc?[/quote]

Lola the Lollipop girl is in every advert but not in the game.

[quote name='help1']Lola the Lollipop girl is in every advert but not in the game.[/quote]

Has this been confirmed by Rockstar yet, because there's like a cult hunting out there for her.

[/QUOTE]

Easy way I did it.
Once you make it through the subway to where you're told to go up the access door to street level all I did was instead of going up to street level, I ran down the tracks until I was out of the search area. You lose your wanted level take off yours masks and can just stroll back to Packie's house at a leisurely pace.

Three Leaf Clover is really easy. Just take out all cops marked with red over their heads, and you'll be able to move on to the next area. You don't need to take out all of them, just the ones with red arrows. After you take them out, Packie and others will tell you to follow them. I did it using this tactic on my first try.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Three Leaf Clover is really easy. Just take out all cops marked with red over their heads, and you'll be able to move on to the next area. You don't need to take out all of them, just the ones with red arrows. After you take them out, Packie and others will tell you to follow them. I did it using this tactic on my first try.[/quote]

Speaking of those red markers, does anyone else think that those are pretty damn hard to see?

Just finished the game.

I chose the revenge path. I don't think I could live with
Roman
getting killed, though I made a save just before the last mission so I can at least experience it tomorrow. I don't think I've ever felt so emotionally attached to videogame characters. haha

[quote name='xcoax']Just finished the game.

I chose the revenge path. I don't think I could live with
Roman
getting killed, though I made a save just before the last mission so I can at least experience it tomorrow. I don't think I've ever felt so emotionally attached to videogame characters. haha
[/QUOTE]

agreed.
as much as roman is an ass for being an ass for being such a loose guy, i really had a heart for him. probably the most well developed character in the game IMHO

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']agreed.
as much as roman is an ass for being an ass for being such a loose guy, i really had a heart for him. probably the most well developed character in the game IMHO
[/quote]

I agree....
he would always call me up and want to hang out, and i would be like god leave me the fuck alone. But when he died i was like fuck, i cant play this game with him dead. I had to start all over and get the other ending.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I agree....
he would always call me up and want to hang out, and i would be like god leave me the fuck alone. But when he died i was like fuck, i cant play this game with him dead. I had to start all over and get the other ending.
[/QUOTE]

That's why you have to have more than one save at the point when you had to make the decision so that you could play both endings like I did. Just because I wanted to see how things would turn out either way.

[quote name='cdeener']
That's why you have to have more than one save at the point when you had to make the decision so that you could play both endings like I did. Just because I wanted to see how things would turn out either way.
[/quote]

Well i had planned on playing it through a 2nd time, doing everything the opposite of what i did the first time. But the ending i got made me not even want to play the game anymore. I eventually beat the game again, this time making a seperate save for every major decision you had.

I'm at the Finale with about 26 hours so far... How easy would it be to complete the game in under 30? I didn't start any of the Finale, I just got the call from
jimmy

[quote name='f50turbo']
Does having Darko live or die really have any..significance?
[/quote]
Just changes the conversations which follow, has no effect on the story or any new submissions or missions.

[quote name='f50turbo']
Does having Darko live or die really have any..significance?
[/quote]

Ive done both ways....
Personally i felt the better experience was to let him live. The first time i killed him and niko didnt seem like that was a good decision.

i'm stuck on snow storm.. i can do the first part brillantly .. its the escaping the area and cops by getting into a car.. any suggestions on which car to ditch the cops with?

[quote name='urzishra14']i'm stuck on snow storm.. i can do the first part brillantly .. its the escaping the area and cops by getting into a car.. any suggestions on which car to ditch the cops with?[/quote]

Lets see.......I think I took the truck out front and did some fast maneuvering ad got out of there. I had low health, so I could not stick around to fight.

[quote name='help1']Think that will be able to get me that car flip achievement?[/quote]

I was reading about it on GameFAQs and people were saying that they were having problems getting it. it is a glitch after all, and notice how your car is practically destroyed when launched, who knows how the game will register it.

the ramps on the grass of the runways at the airport work fine for the car flip cheezmint though, just go there, it's incredibly easy.

[quote name='ep2011']I'm at the Finale with about 26 hours so far... How easy would it be to complete the game in under 30? I didn't start any of the Finale, I just got the call from
jimmy
[/quote]

oh and is one path shorter than the other?

[quote name='urzishra14']i'm stuck on snow storm.. i can do the first part brillantly .. its the escaping the area and cops by getting into a car.. any suggestions on which car to ditch the cops with?[/quote]

Run to your right when you get out of the building and circle it until you get to a parking lot behind the place. There should be no cops there so its an easy getaway.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know a crazy ass glitch that can make your character fly to the highest point in the sky and fall down... it's amazing to watch to be honest.[/quote]

Then how do you do it?

[quote name='yukafls']Anyone win the Key to Liberty City from the Social Club???[/quote]

I believe there were some CAGs that won the Key to the City Contest. I, for one, am getting one. Atleast, I hope so, I got 100% before the contest was over yet I haven't received a confirmation email nor has the site updated since I got 100%. Still says 92%.

[quote name='chex20']I believe there were some CAGs that won the Key to the City Contest. I, for one, am getting one. Atleast, I hope so, I got 100% before the contest was over yet I haven't received a confirmation email nor has the site updated since I got 100%. Still says 92%.[/quote]

Ah, my Xbox broke like a week before the contest was over, so I am hoping to do a trade/cash deal if any CAGs want to sell theirs.

[quote name='yukafls']Anyone win the Key to Liberty City from the Social Club???[/quote]
technically i should qualify to get the key, got 100% on 5/12. Been checking the social club from time to time watching the % go up to to the point of 93% anxiously waiting to see whats beyond the access denied screen. Right now its at 0% :lol:

escaping by car i took the bobcat parked upfront. couldn't quite shake the heat so i'd just change to a better car once getting some space between the cops. after going though a 2nd playthough just sprinting to the nearby parked boat is surely the easier path

I got to 100% 4 days before the deadline, however it didnt show up on the site that i got 100% till a couple days after the deadline. I should get one, unless their slow servers screw me over. I havent gotten any email about it yet. Maybe they havent gotten to my name yet, as i came in 2045th. There is a link on the site that says "check here to see who had what it takes to get 100%" but the link seems like a dead end right now. I dont see any winners list.

my xbox broke too (dirty disc error) so i had to ship it away for 2 and half weeks.. ironically the one time i purchase a game day one something like this happens.. ah well..

EDIT: .. shoot i better scope out the place better before i go in a guns a blazing .. i didn't know there was a getaway boat on the other side of the building.. i should really take time to really explore the missions before delving rignt into it part of my problem is its a difficult mission to do at night because its an outdoor level.. and because i try to snipe out as many of the guys with as few as bullets as possible.. so i take a little bit longer.. but i just may have to adjust how i approach it next time.

one thing i don't like about the game so far.. some missions are incredibly easy (like where literally you just have to kill one guy) .. then the next one you get it seems incredibly difficult comparatively (like one of those missions, like in all GTAs, where you have to keep one person alive while you take on the entire gang).. then sometimes it just takes some failures and the next time you do it.. you do it just a milisecond better and it works.. its kind of weird..

so far though.. my favorite mission is the "deconstruction for beginners" or something to that effect.. best one IMO so far. (only about 30 percent)

I read in a preview that there was a mission where...
There was bodies in the trunk and it would pop open, thats when you had to get out of the car and shut the trunk before someone saw it and called the cops.

Now this mission is probably the one where
Elizabeta kills manny and his camera man and you have to drive their dead bodies to some guy who wants their body parts. But ive done that mission twice and never has the trunk poped open. Now i was trying to drive carefully because i thought that could be the mission, but im not sure.
... has anyone had that happen to them in this mission?

bread's done
Back