Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

GTA Online: New Title Update Available Today and More
October 04, 2013 8:31PM | Author: R* Q

1231 Comments
actual_1380833193.jpg

A new GTAV title update to address issues in GTA Online is now available for PlayStation 3. We're currently working with Microsoft to get this update published for Xbox 360 as soon as possible - we expect it to be live by sometime overnight. This title update addresses a number of issues that GTA Online players have been experiencing in the initial days of launch this week, including:
  • Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
  • Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
  • Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
  • Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
  • Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
  • Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
  • Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
  • Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
  • Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
  • Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

The only thing i have been able to do "online" is play in races all by myself, drive around the map as the only person in the lobby, and do some single player jobs. Whenever i try to do something that involves 2+ players i can never get it to go. Last night i tried to join a TDM game but it just throws me in a lobby alone.

^ Odd.

Now that the patch is out, things seem to be running a little more smoothly.

I still get put in random lobbies after a job/race/deathmatch scenario with friends .. but only sometimes, instead of every time.

Had a weird glitch yesterday where I couldn't accept any job invites (from other players AND from NPCs like Simeon, etc). Had to rejoin the lobby via "Swap Character" screen.

I noticed I can adjust how my character looks on the "Swap Character" screen now -- not sure if that was there before, but it never popped up for me before so I'm going to assume it's new.

Still some other minor glitches about but I'm glad things are getting sorted out as fast as they can possibly do it with Microsoft's Title Update verification system delay. 360 will always be last to get these updates. :oldman:

Oh, and apparently stores can "close" in online sessions? I entered a Los Santos Customs yesterday and it said it was closed. After backing out and attempting re-entry, the door wouldn't open and it said to check back later. Ammu-Nation also closed on my friend and I after I walked out to drop him some ammo. Upon walking back in, the clerk shouted "We're closed!" and whipped out a shotgun and blew us both away with one shot. Impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah patch is much appreciated.

If you're in passive mode you'll be by yourself. Ah I get it, you'll still see people but they can't hurt you in passive mode.

Haha Meth head survival gameplay is great.

How do you start a impromptu race, anyone know? I send out invites, race down the street and then the yellow guide line goes away.

BTW has anybody sat down and watched the "movie" at the theater? Holy shit. It's fucking insane. and hilarious. I wonder if it's original or from somewhere.

BTW has anybody sat down and watched the "movie" at the theater? Holy shit. It's fucking insane. and hilarious. I wonder if it's original or from somewhere.
99.9% sure it's all original content. I've only seen the one about the robot from Great Britian. I think there's more than one movie.

I watched a black and white, Spanish/French, artsy, college-project type movie. Pretty bad, walked out.

I only saw the robot one. I was dying of laughter. I think mainly because I wasn't expecting it to be so outrageous and it was. Haven't seen the other one yet though. 

Finally got to play only online. It's fun. Seems like it would be much more fun with friends. And I'm absolutely terrible at it and feel bad for being terrible. Totally need to work on my aiming since single player had auto aim practically.

Also finished all the Lester missions. Yay for rolling in monies.

Finally got to play only online. It's fun. Seems like it would be much more fun with friends. And I'm absolutely terrible at it and feel bad for being terrible. Totally need to work on my aiming since single player had auto aim practically.

Also finished all the Lester missions. Yay for rolling in monies.
I turned the aim to free aim right off the bat in single player. Game was much better that way, as is online. I got put in a assisted aim lobby last night though and it's horrible. Everyone shoots at you all the time, takes no effort.

I saved 2 of lesters missions and I still don't have enough for the golf club

I havent been buying any properties, Michael in my game has 53 mil at the moment, so what i do is find a stock thats low and put all 53 mil into it and wait for it to go up and try to get money that way. Last night i bought cluck n bell and made about 2.5 million. But i always save before i invest in case it drops and dont go higher. Then i can just load my game up before i invested. Seems like a faster way to earn money than buying all the film studios and waiting for the revenue to come in.

How do I get promoted in the Crew? I'm in the 2nd place position as far as my score goes within the crew, yet I'm not as high as others. I'm still considered "Muscle" and not a Crew Representative.

I lost my level 20ish character on Xbox 360 earlier. It happened after a match ended and it hung on the loading screen (you know, when you're up in the sky looking down at the blurry landscape below).

I think what I'm going to do is create a new character in another slot and go around and fuck around in free roam until I get the dunce cap and then I'll be done with the game. I don't really have any motivation to continue the "MMO-esque" level grind anymore.

So, I know this is really early on in the story but, how are you supposed to steal the tactical police van for the first heist? I can steal the van from the cops but I can't figure out how to lose them afterwards. Even if I can find a hiding place from the cop cars, the helicopter just flies right over to me and find me. Is it supposed to be possible or am I just missing something?

So, I know this is really early on in the story but, how are you supposed to steal the tactical police van for the first heist? I can steal the van from the cops but I can't figure out how to lose them afterwards. Even if I can find a hiding place from the cop cars, the helicopter just flies right over to me and find me. Is it supposed to be possible or am I just missing something?
You just gotta lose the cops like you normally would when trying to lose 3 stars, I personally didn't find it particularly difficult. If trying to lose 3 stars is hard for you, then you're gonna find the last heist a bitch where you'll have to lose 5 stars.

To ditch Choppers you need to hide under an overpass or in a tunnel of some sort.

i logged on today and my character is gone... only level 10 but still. have most of my money but still want the rank and all that
Happened to me too, apparently a lot of other people over on gamefaqs are having the same thing happen to them too. Rockstar released a statement saying they know about it but at this time dont know why its happening. My character is still showing up on Rockstar's social club so its gotta be a cloud issue. At this time people are saying if you want to play (personally I wouldnt, you'd probably have your 2nd character deleted after a while too), just create another character and leave your original character slot empty cause they might be able to restore it back.

Is this the place that's next to where Franklin does his tow truck missions?

When I did this I played as Michael because he had the highest stealth level. Park a car near where the tow truck spawns for Franklin, then hop the fence. You can hop on your car to then get higher to reach the top of the fence/wall if you need to. There should be a cop talking on his phone nearby the van. Stealth walk over to him and knock him out from behind. When I did this, no police came after me. It was just drive out and take the van to the necessary drop off point.

I think that's the way to do it. Hope this helps.

If this is the one next to Franklin Tow truck here's what I did...SPOILERS??? Sorry, don't know how to add a tag

Go in the car park next to the lot and on the first floor, you can jump out onto a balcony/alley. Walk along that till you can climb on the wall, jump off the wall onto the awnings and stealth your way across them. You will hear quite a few cops talking, but if you take it slow you won't be noticed.

Jump down the backside of the last shed thing you're on and stealth over to the van and snag it. I did this and didn't even alert the police.

I stupidly did the Franklin assassination missions before beating the game, is there any way to make a decent amount of money now, or am I screwed? I did the random event with the Tinkle stock but that only got me about 10 mil per character.

just beat story last night was worth taking the game slow i think i enjoyed it a ton more then i would have if i rushed it just to beat story. Even after story still have tons of stuff to do this game is just so big in content.

CONFIRMED: You cannot just let music play in your headset and earn RP. It only lets you shower so long, then it says you can't shower anymore.

SOURCE: Me. I just tried it while checking my emails.

So is there a place where I can read up on the basics of online? Like how do I know which cars I can jack and keep and which ones I can't? I got into the Lotus looking car and tried to get tracking and insurance but the customs shop says I can only buy the car on a website because it's too hot. Is there a way to find out?

So is there a place where I can read up on the basics of online? Like how do I know which cars I can jack and keep and which ones I can't? I got into the Lotus looking car and tried to get tracking and insurance but the customs shop says I can only buy the car on a website because it's too hot. Is there a way to find out?
Any of the High End vehicles are considered "Hot", so basically anything that is up for purchase on the in game websites is really to hot.

ok thanks for the clarification on that. So does that mean anything else is ok for the most part?
As far as I've seen, yeah. Also if you get an Apartment, at least with the 10 car garage ones, any car you park in there becomes yours, regardless of the model.

As far as I've seen, yeah. Also if you get an Apartment, at least with the 10 car garage ones, any car you park in there becomes yours, regardless of the model.

ok cool beans. thanks for that clarification! was so confoozled. I grabbed the shittiest car when I first started so I was trying to get something a little better.

Ugh i feel like the next update should have a mandatory team balancing. I keep getting into missions /deathmatch where it's 2 or 3 vs 6 or 7. And if you try to switch teams to not get screwed over. Everybody leaves. Yay.

Ugh i feel like the next update should have a mandatory team balancing. I keep getting into missions /deathmatch where it's 2 or 3 vs 6 or 7. And if you try to switch teams to not get screwed over. Everybody leaves. Yay.
They should also distinguish between Crews and individuals. It's not fair to pit those playing alone against crews who will just rig deathmatches or races.

They also should keep matchmaking close to people in rank with you. I was in a deathmatch where there was a level 28, 17, 16 and the rest of us were 4's and 5's. The higher your rank the better weapons and armor, and potentially skill attributes, you have, making it imbalanced for other players.

Games need to get rid of these 'rank up for unlocks.' It ruins the experience for people who want to actually play it.

I'm out of town for this entire week, gah it's eating at me every day. I hope I have a character when I do go back and play again. Maybe that'll be time for them to sort things out.

Here's the easy/cheap way on surviving bounties:

If a player or NPC puts a [quicker picker upper] bounty, go into Solo mode or private mode with friends or crew members. Wait it out for a day (about 48 minutes real time), & not only does the bounty expire, but the money goes to you. You also earn an achievement worth 20G the 1st time you survive.

Here's the easy/cheap way on surviving bounties:

If a player or NPC puts a [quicker picker upper] bounty, go into Solo mode or private mode with friends or crew members. Wait it out for a day (about 48 minutes real time), & not only does the bounty expire, but the money goes to you. You also earn an achievement worth 20G the 1st time you survive.
Good to know, but it's not that big of a deal unless it's a large sum of cash (10K or more lol). I guess cheesemints hunters would appreciate this more than I would.

Good to know, but it's not that big of a deal unless it's a large sum of cash (10K or more lol). I guess cheesemints hunters would appreciate this more than I would.
Yeah, mine was 7K, but it was nice to get the money. Didn't learn about this till yesterday. Wish it was 10K. I don't know if they go that high. If they do, *goes into solo mode*

3 things I really don't like. Dying costing you 2K, how very easy it is to be knocked down from a motorcycle in a race, & the server suddenly going down, as I was playing last night.

I'm still refraining from playing online until they get more of this stuff sorted out. I'm in no rush to try it anyway since I'm going to start my 100% run soon as well. The only thing I really want to do it on it are heists since they neglected to add optional heists in the story mode.

apologies if this has already been answered but has the single player garage./disappearing cars bug been fixed yet with the last update?

apologies if this has already been answered but has the single player garage./disappearing cars bug been fixed yet with the last update?
I just look at both the last & the upcoming update release notes & neither make mention of fixing that bug.

This is the release notes for the new update that's coming:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51547/new-title-update-to-address-gta-online-game-progress-loss-and-ot.html

GTA Online was nowhere near ready for the public. No excuse, they had 2 weeks to do final testing. 2 updates in the past 5 days? Yeah...that's not a good look. They made their profits though, so they're good. I feel really bad for those who've lost their characters & all the stats they earned.

bread's done
Back