Grand Theft Auto V Discussion Thread

Should I buy the digital version, there are people saying that its really buggy. Btw im buying from the ps store. Anyone experiencing problems with the ps3 digital version?
I don't know what kind of issues people are claiming to have with digital, but I've been playing the PSN version and haven't had a single problem yet. I've logged about 7 hours into the game, and so far I've had no framerate problems, no crazy pop-in, no crashing, no corrupt saves, and a disappointing lack of crazy ass glitches like people fusing into vehicles and flying into the sunset.

On an unrelated GTA5 note, hell yeah Danny Tamberelli.

I don't know what kind of issues people are claiming to have with digital, but I've been playing the PSN version and haven't had a single problem yet. I've logged about 7 hours into the game, and so far I've had no framerate problems, no crazy pop-in, no crashing, no corrupt saves, and a disappointing lack of crazy ass glitches like people fusing into vehicles and flying into the sunset.

On an unrelated GTA5 note, hell yeah Danny Tamberelli.
I think Im around where you are, and Ive only noyiced a couple things. One of Franklins first missions have you drive a motorcycle, and I noticed popin there. And Ive had a few times my game just freezes for a few seconds before it starts again.

PSN version here and no issues. I have only played a few hours though, but I still think it would have popped up by now.

The game is good so far, I am happy with it. I am not a R* fanboy, I feel like they have had as many misses as they have hits. This one definitely is the latter and I would be surprised if it drops off.

More and more used copies are showing up on Gamestop.com within the zipcode so if you haven't gotten it yet and have enough points to purchase the PUR steal of the week you can get the game for $37.xx

Got mine for mp only since Im playing the story on xbox

I bought the disk version for PS3 and I do notice a lot of aliasing, especially in the city, but the framerate is solid and I've never had an issue with it really bogging down.  At times the game looks incredible and they really nailed the lighting, but at nighttime I do have trouble driving in anything but first person. 

Other than that I have no complaints.  I love the driving physics and planes and helicopters are an absolute joy.  Each characters special ability also shines and is both useful and fun.  Missions is where it's at as I've seen a couple Rampages and great set piece moments that are really fun and impressive--after coming down and finding yourself without a vehicle and in the middle of nowhere, being able to switch to another character is amazingly cool and convenient and makes me wish every game had this option.  After switching back and forth a bunch of times, then seeing all or two characters on the screen at the same time it really feels like a movie and living world we are a part of...really incredible stuff. 

I'm going to go back and play some more of The Last of Us before I make my personal GOTY decision, but Rockstar has created a gem that has me thinking about it constantly when I'm not playing it and I can't remember the last game that had me this entranced.  If you don't have this yet--go buy it.  Honestly, at first I was impressed, but not blown away.  Now after spending some time I really see the whole scope and it's amazing.

I have a friend at GameStop that is saying people are trading in the game because they are mad online is not on the game till oct 1st. Even if it's a week away makes no sense.

I have a friend at GameStop that is saying people are trading in the game because they are mad online is not on the game till oct 1st. Even if it's a week away makes no sense.
So they plan on spending even more money to repurchase it once mp does become available??

So I have a probably really dumb question. Is there a way to quit/restart a missiin or race without failing or losing? I looked all over the menu and didn't see anything when I accidently triggered a race with Franklin.

I was like "no way" but... there are used copies at nearly every GS near me. Geez. The online sounds cool, but the SP is the bread of butter of this game.

So the people trading it in, did they already beat it? I ask because I have a super light schedule and have been able to play A LOT and am still barely at 50% complete. I really find it hard to believe all these people trading it in already completed it.

That means people were buying it strictly for multiplayer, which is pretty stupid.

So the people trading it in, did they already beat it? I ask because I have a super light schedule and have been able to play A LOT and am still barely at 50% complete. I really find it hard to believe all these people trading it in already completed it.

That means people were buying it strictly for multiplayer, which is pretty stupid.
what makes them more stupid is buying a product you don't know much about. You would think someone buying a 60 doller game would know info on the game it is not had to read and find info the mp is not out till oct 1st. i will admit im only about 1/4 done with the story missions in game i dodut i beat it before mp is out.

So I have a probably really dumb question. Is there a way to quit/restart a missiin or race without failing or losing? I looked all over the menu and didn't see anything when I accidently triggered a race with Franklin.
i'm wondering about this too. What i'm doing is whenever i die and got sent straight to hospital (or entered a mission i dont want to do yet) I just reload my last manual save file. But if there is a checkpoint I just restart from there. There were also times I intentionally tanked on some missions as i messed up a portion of it. And I can't do restart from last checkpoint from the menu.

I think Lamar is my fav character so far in the game lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy copy came with the blimp code.

I screwed up and bought some "social media" stock after one if the missions thinking that is what I was supposed to do. :lol:

Lost $1300!

My Best Buy copy came with the blimp code.

I screwed up and bought some "social media" stock after one if the missions thinking that is what I was supposed to do. :lol:

Lost $1300!
that's what i did lol and it had made some back but still 600 in the hole. was the code in the box? was thinking it was only pre order bonus

collecters and special edition had it in box and gamestop it was a pre order code on the check out slip not in the normal version of game
ok thanks for the reply i ask because i have a extra blimp code . so now i need to find someone who dl the game from psn and hook them up with the code

collecters and special edition had it in box and gamestop it was a pre order code on the check out slip not in the normal version of game
My GS pre-order just had a card inside the case. There was nothing on my receipt.

Also, regarding stocks, random people that you're able to help will sometimes give you tips. I had to rush some random guy on the side of the road to the airport. He was some business guy and after we arrived he gave me a tip on which stock to invest in. That said, I wasn't able to understand him so I didn't know which one to invest in.

So what if I buy a used copy of GTA V, get my 10% for being used. Can I still get GTA online for free?
You *should* be able to just jump online and play once it launches Oct 1st. I don't recall any mention of needing a code to play online. That said...I hate you. I spent $80 for the Special Edition and I could have gotten the regular edition for like $55, or less depending on trade-ins.

You *should* be able to just jump online and play once it launches Oct 1st. I don't recall any mention of needing a code to play online. That said...I hate you. I spent $80 for the Special Edition and I could have gotten the regular edition for like $55, or less depending on trade-ins.
for me the extra 20 bucks was worth it i love the blue print map and the extra stuff you got and discount on the in game items

Conan's Review

http://youtu.be/EB_XX_IM8io

...It will be interesting to see if this is released on the Playstation 4. I just can't bring myself to buy a game like this on an older console if there is going to be a Playstation 4 version.

Conan's Review

http://youtu.be/EB_XX_IM8io

...It will be interesting to see if this is released on the Playstation 4. I just can't bring myself to buy a game like this on an older console if there is going to be a Playstation 4 version.
i just don't see this game coming to next gen not how in depth these rockstar games our. they were making this game for last 5-6 years and made it work so well for current gen. If it hit's another platform it would be pc and that is a stretch. if you don't play this just because it's on current gen you are missing out the game plays so awsome and the game looks amazing and only thing that would look better is some of the screen tearing and frame rate staying around 50 fps and would not be that diff i dont' think.

I feel ya, I used GS credit to buy mine I got rid of that stupid ass blueprint, just give me the steel book and the dlc and Im good to go

gta is my fav game franchise ever i was happy to pay 80 for that edition but i would have never payed 60 dollers more for a hat and lame money bag 

i just don't see this game coming to next gen not how in depth these rockstar games our. they were making this game for last 5-6 years and made it work so well for current gen. If it hit's another platform it would be pc and that is a stretch. if you don't play this just because it's on current gen you are missing out the game plays so awsome and the game looks amazing and only thing that would look better is some of the screen tearing and frame rate staying around 50 fps and would not be that diff i dont' think.
PC isn't a stretch at all. It's going to be just like GTAIV. It will be out on PC within the next 5-8 months.

yeah im sure pc will happen but don't see a next gen version being made.
If they make a PC Version, I don't see why they wouldn't make a Playstation 4 version. It's not like they're that dissimilar.

Regardless, I have already paid off my Playstation 4 and don't really want to spend MSRP on anymore 7th Generation games. If they port it to PS4, great. If not, then it's not that big of a deal. It will hit $20 eventually.

If they make a PC Version, I don't see why they wouldn't make a Playstation 4 version. It's not like they're that dissimilar.

Regardless, I have already paid off my Playstation 4 and don't really want to spend MSRP on anymore 7th Generation games. If they port it to PS4, great. If not, then it's not that big of a deal. It will hit $20 eventually.
I wouldn't doubt it, the way used copies are filling up GS already

Anybody find any good interactive guide apps for android or iOS? Or any helpful guides at all? Maybe it's just me but IGNs app and site are just way too slow and buggy on my galaxy s3 and ipad, staying away from them.

It will be out for the next gen systems no question. They were always going to be to begin with and with these amazing sales for the current consoles guaranteed they will be released for them in 2014 probably.

Anybody find any good interactive guide apps for android or iOS? Or any helpful guides at all? Maybe it's just me but IGNs app and site are just way too slow and buggy on my galaxy s3 and ipad, staying away from them.
I'm interested in the same thing. IGN's is terribly slow on my Nexus 7.

I think they did it this way (not announcing next gen) so that people wouldn't hesitate to buy the game on current gen. Now they will announce next gen versions and some people will buy it again. Win.

I already told myself I'd be buying this twice. There was no way in hell I could wait, so I bought the PS3 version. Then, once the PC version releases, that shall be mine on day one.

Finished the game. This one didn't seem to be as hard as IV or its DLC. Maybe it's just because I flew through it, I don't know but I never really ran into any missions that really forced me to keep retrying.The story was also much shorter too so maybe that's why I'm thinking this. The final mission by far was the easiest of any of GTAs though. no problems there.

i decided to buy the limited edition guide for the game on amazon for 22 bucks did not even waste my time trying ot find free guides the guide is amazing.

It will be out for the next gen systems no question. They were always going to be to begin with and with these amazing sales for the current consoles guaranteed they will be released for them in 2014 probably.
i disagree we wil see pc early to mid 2014 i doudt we see anything on next gen when it comes to gta v I will say it's possible gta online makes it's way to next gen in late 2014. But really i just makes no sense to me why people would hold out on this amazing game just to get semi better grapchis and the same gameplay.

look how long it took for them to come out for gta game on 360/ps3 just under 3 years. rockstar has no need to release this game on next gen and rush the game and turns out to be a bad port seeing the giant install base of 360/pc/360 is so dang big and i really think for first year or two the insall base for x1/ps4 will be way lower then when 360/ps3 launched.

The more I play this the more I am just happy to see GTA return to what I love about GTA. GTA IV was way too serious for me, it just felt like they removed the fun crazy style from it. GTA V is back to the old style with added realism.

Loving this game a lot.

Anyone else hoping the multiplayer lives up to the hype? I'm looking forward to seeing more heist missions and more safe houses to buy.
I think it will, as long as bugs/lag will not plague the mp. I'm actually doing a ton of flying missions in the mckenzie airfield in prep for the plane races in the mp.

I'm surprised that you can get the club strippers phone number and take them home for some more fun if you manage to fill up that meter when getting a lap dance lol. And they are sending sexy text messages from time to time lmao!

Anyone else having problems aiming in this game? For one, the cross hair is barely visible at times and worse, the game is 50/50 on locking onto targets as well as it switches targets on you when you try to manually move to different targets on your own. I'm thinking of switching to another control setup but not sure the game is meant to be played by other setups.

The more I play this the more I am just happy to see GTA return to what I love about GTA. GTA IV was way too serious for me, it just felt like they removed the fun crazy style from it. GTA V is back to the old style with added realism.

Loving this game a lot.
that is the best part of this game i just can not smile and lol at points in this game.

Anyone else having problems aiming in this game? For one, the cross hair is barely visible at times and worse, the game is 50/50 on locking onto targets as well as it switches targets on you when you try to manually move to different targets on your own. I'm thinking of switching to another control setup but not sure the game is meant to be played by other setups.
yeah the cross hair is not bright and can suck at times but auto aim is pretty good for me.

bread's done
Back