GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'll have to agree to disagree with you on PW. I wasn't so much bothered, but I can see the flaws adding up.

No, the idiot mustache puzzle is something from the third Gabriel Knight game.

But, seriously, you need to play the first three MI games and Grim Fandango. If you at all like adventure games, you'll love those. GF can be a bit of a chore on newer systems, so get it done before your computer gets too cool for it. The first three MIs all run on ScummVM, so that's not a problem.[/QUOTE]
I built a "compatability system" just for old games, so I'm good for most if I can ever find the time. :) My problem is that I keep buying them and never finishing them just because they aren't portable... that means I've completed Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, etc, but none of the true classics. Heck, I have large and mini-box collections of the complete Myst series (yes, even the rare large-box Myst IV and V) and yet I haven't finished a single one. :( The Lucasarts stuff is higher up on my priorities though thanks to my memories of Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle.

Last summer I discovered that I had bought Grim Fandango TWICE so I sold the sealed one on eBay with a few other dupes. As far as I knew, they were still $9 at Big Lots, so I had no clue that it was that which was driving up the auction price! I should have sold it seperately and sold the rest as a remnant lot because they were only dragging it down.

My major beef with PW was in the first "real" case
when Mr. Redd White of Bluecorp is testifying and he says you hit Mya Fey twice. April May's testimony clearly contradicts it where the court record has her describing only one strike. Instead the contradiction is supposedly in the autopsy report, which does not fix the number of blows inflicted. Phoenix says that "it clearly states" that she was killed by "a single blow" when it says nothing of the sort. April May's testimony DID state that, and therefore submitting the vague autopsy report before the real contradiction would be careless. It's like the game is punishing you for picking the "most correct" answer. They couldn't have possibly missed that with a playtester that didn't just luck his/her way past that.
It doesn't help that some of the many spelling, grammar, and typographical errors often affect meaning and comprehension. Sometimes, a missing question mark turns a question into a statement! Though even the training stage has these problems, most are in the final stage. Because this wasn't in the original game, I assume that it was more rushed. I don't know why the English dialog and localization wasn't done all at once though... unless they planned on releasing it on GBA and had that part done way back then.

Edit: But I just got Space Quest Collection so I'm going to have to set aside some time for those. By then, perhaps Police Quest Collection will be cheap.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Did someone say a B2G1 sale is starting Sunday?[/quote]

Yes the local GS/EB both said they were starting a B2G1 on all used games starting next Sunday June 3 through the 9th.

I got Condemned for the 360. There was a bin and it was in it. I took the case up and they opened it up and put in the disk. The label said NEW. Is it still considered new if it was unsealed? All of the other copies of Condemned were the same way and others were too.

[quote name='Shimrra']Anyone lucky enough to find Castlevania: Aria & Harmony 2-Pack GBA
$14.99. I doubt it. Everyone by me is out of it. Does anyone know if they going to restock of these games or is it just first come.[/quote]

I saw one of them in-stock on Saturday in the middle of the day but that may be due to the fact that the store only had three copies on hand for the sale and traffic was quite slow that day in the mall. I also looked around today and could have sworn I saw at least four copies between two locations but, once again, the mall areas around here are dead this weekend due to Memorial Day Weekend and absolutely gorgeous weather.

Honestly, the stock tends to depend on stores and traffic right now. My local EB only had 3 copies of Condemned for the sale while another one in a local mall had around 18 to start. It's a bit silly but...eh. Sales are sales.

[quote name='Dante Devil']I got Condemned for the 360. There was a bin and it was in it. I took the case up and they opened it up and put in the disk. The label said NEW. Is it still considered new if it was unsealed? All of the other copies of Condemned were the same way and others were too.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't consider it new, no. EBStop does though. At least to sell them to you. Good luck trying to return one. Who knows if they'll accept it because it's open.

I would never buy a gutted game like that. Today I went to 5 different EBs/Gamestops to find the games I wanted. The final one had both games I wanted sealed and non-gutted. (last copy of each so I'm very happy about that) I had one store have a new sealed Soul Calibur II but I passed, even though it's $5. I'd rather get say DOA 4 at a cheaper price. Just a better looking and playing game in my mind.

[quote name='Damian']I wouldn't consider it new, no. EBStop does though. At least to sell them to you. Good luck trying to return one. Who knows if they'll accept it because it's open.[/quote]

Unless defective, opened new game sales are final. At least, that's what I found out.

Still debating on whether to pick up FFXII CE for $30. Are the extras worth it, or is it better just to wait until the normal edition drops to $20?

[quote name='G33']Unless defective, opened new game sales are final. At least, that's what I found out.

Still debating on whether to pick up FFXII CE for $30. Are the extras worth it, or is it better just to wait until the normal edition drops to $20?[/quote]

The problems with gutted games are that they don't keep them well. Last time I bought a gutted game, it was scratched badly on the back. If they keep it new inside the cabinets then it shouldn't hve been scratched so badly. Plus the cases themselves. Stickers and just people touching them make them seem pretty bad in terms of condition. So no way would I go with gutted. Plus I can see people arguing if they try to return it. I didn't know they were final, but I could see it as so because what's to stop somebody from playing a gutted game, then returning it?

Went today, picked up:
Diablo II - $10
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $10
Dragon Quest VIII - $15

But really, the GameStop I went to was loaded with clearance games, the PS2 bin was filled to the brim, and it even had numerous copies of Phoenix Wright and the Castlevania Double Pack. Even though the store was busy, it seems only a few people were actually buying things from the clearance bins.

[quote name='Jonathan360']The problems with gutted games are that they don't keep them well. Last time I bought a gutted game, it was scratched badly on the back. If they keep it new inside the cabinets then it shouldn't hve been scratched so badly. Plus the cases themselves. Stickers and just people touching them make them seem pretty bad in terms of condition. So no way would I go with gutted. Plus I can see people arguing if they try to return it. I didn't know they were final, but I could see it as so because what's to stop somebody from playing a gutted game, then returning it?[/quote]

You have to have them place that stupid sticker on the case that breaks when you open the game if you want to return it. They used to be yellow and had some disclaimer written on them but I think they are clear now. It's like a tamper proof sticker. They are a pain in the ass to remove because they are extra durable and sticky. They put them on used stuff too. It's the only way to return used games for cash not store credit. At least here anyway. The software etc. in the mall had most games still sealed but the gamestop had them all open. I asked the guy why they were open he said it was because they felt they were in a high theft area and didn't want them stolen. Thats lame because the mall is like less then a quarter mile from the gamestop. I could almost throw a rock and hit it. I know the mall has high theft but whatever.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Any more recent trade-in value for a Gamecube?

I'd much rather someone here buy it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.[/quote]Someone earlier said it was $20, and with the extra $20, made it $40.

[quote name='sandman007']Is Gamestop/EBGames even open Memorial Day?[/quote]

I think almost anything not government affiliated is open today.

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone earlier said it was $20, and with the extra $20, made it $40.[/QUOTE]

Woof. I think I'll try to sell it here.

what's gamestops policy on returning used games? i bought field commander for the PSP, but I think i may return it if i can get a full refund

[quote name='FlameWaveX']what's gamestops policy on returning used games? i bought field commander for the PSP, but I think i may return it if i can get a full refund[/QUOTE]

Seven days.

I got pretty lucky. Bought a Wii Sports Pack Saturday(don't ask me why), hated it, and returned it today. They gave me back $20 credit, which is the normal price for it (instead of the sale price of $10).

Ended up picking myself up:

Blitz
Shaolin Monks
Starcraft

And for my little sisters:

Harvest Moon
Spyro

[quote name='Masterkyo']how much trade-in GBA SP ??[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know also. Lookin to upgrade to the ds.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']they are better off getting hotel dusk. :)[/QUOTE]How can you say that Phoniex Wright Ace Attorney is my Favorite ds game yet it kills Hotel Dusk.

Trying to decide between these ps2 games at gamestop. Castlevania curse of darkness, last time I played a castlevania game was probably on snes. Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, Musashi Samurai legend, Shadow the hedgehog, Rumble Roses, Blitz the League and NFS underground though Im not much on racing games but heard its good. Any advice on what may be under or over rated?

Picked up Tekken 5 and Kingdom Hearts 2 at CC for 10 a piece.

[quote name='kamakazedrew']Does anyone know of a good place to get the Rise of Nations Expansion?[/quote]

Yeah, I want it too. (was a little disappointed that the Rise of Nations wasn't the Gold Ed)

[quote name='Masterkyo']how much trade-in GBA SP ??[/QUOTE]

$20, as of Saturday, before the $20 bonus.
I asked when I picked up a couple of games.

[quote name='unforeseen']$20, as of Saturday, before the $20 bonus.
I asked when I picked up a couple of games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks........I'm off to finally get a DS!

Good luck, they have to manually override the price. I had no luck at two GS's around me trying to get them to do just that. fuckers.

just wondering how much they are giving for a slim ps2, and an old fat ds with the 20 dollar trade in

thinking of trading stuff and getting a 360

Ended up going back and picking up :

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Indigo Prophecy

two other titles that I snagged that were in the $9.99 and under bin at this store were:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Wild Arms:Alter code F

I went to a Gamestop in Houston and they wouldn't let me get the extra $20 trade in bonus from trading in my GBA SP. They said their machine wouldn't take the original GBA, GBA SP, and GB Mirco. I called another Gamestop and they said they would take the GBA SP with the extra $20.

[quote name='Journey']Thanks........I'm off to finally get a DS![/QUOTE]

i think you would find people here willing to give 20+ for the sp Then again maybe not.

I cant belive how badly the first GBA fell (i think 5 bucks)

[quote name='slidecage']i think you would find people here willing to give 20+ for the sp Then again maybe not.

I cant belive how badly the first GBA fell (i think 5 bucks)[/QUOTE]

The ad doesnt even accept them. They seem to have surged in price though, gs.com has them listed at $30 used. I remember a few months ago they were $20

[quote name='slidecage']i think you would find people here willing to give 20+ for the sp Then again maybe not.[/QUOTE]
$20 plus shipping, sure. But you can get $40 for it right now at EBStop. That's about the going rate on eBay right now.

[quote name='brianmoy'][quote name='kamakazedrew']Does anyone know of a good place to get the Rise of Nations Expansion?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I want it too. (was a little disappointed that the Rise of Nations wasn't the Gold Ed)[/QUOTE]

I guess this doesn't help those who already bought it from EB, but circuit city seems to sell the rise of nations gold edition for 9.99 once in a while. If you want that version and can wait (and hope they do it again), they have done that already probably twice in the last 6 months.

Did the B2G1 on XBox games end Sunday? I called a local GameStop and that's what they told me, but employees have given me bad information before.

[quote name='elmyra']Did the B2G1 on XBox games end Sunday? I called a local GameStop and that's what they told me, but employees have given me bad information before.[/quote]

It actually ended yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back