GS/EB Preorder a game 29.99 or more get 50% of any preowned game

ICO/SOTC Pre-order sealed it for me today with the announcement alone. The extras it will have (extended version, 1080p locked 30 fps, and 3d!).. and also got RDR as my half price used game. Sometimes Gamestop has some pretty good deals out there. $68- w/taxes for both shipped .....not bad at all. Hope I dont get a gutted copy like the previous poster that got a RDR copy but if worse comes to worse I can just exchange.

[quote name='deckerro']My crackdown 2 for $15 and Madden for $20 just came, both complete and in pretty good shape. Madden trades for nearly double that at Amazon, so that worked out pretty well.[/QUOTE]
I'm confused? How did you get a new copy of Crackdown for $15?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm confused? How did you get a new copy of Crackdown for $15?[/QUOTE]
uh read the title of the thread

[quote name='rawrker']If you do that they WILL have you arrested and fined for $30,000 for fraud. Since getting games off at 50% is a good deal, the rest of us don't care and will spend time in the slammer BECAUSE WE ARE CAG.[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure they wont unless you do it with a crapload of orders.

[quote name='rawrker']If you do that they WILL have you arrested and fined for $30,000 for fraud. Since getting games off at 50% is a good deal, the rest of us don't care and will spend time in the slammer BECAUSE WE ARE CAG.[/QUOTE]
Well I did it 6 times. Cya guys in jail.

I had a lot of trouble getting this to go through on the website, but I did end up getting Knights in the Nightmare PSP ($30) with Super Mario Galaxy 2 at 50% off ($18 after EDGE).

[quote name='rawrker']If you do that they WILL have you arrested and fined for $30,000 for fraud.[/QUOTE]

You would probably have to do it on a large scale for them to pursue any type of criminal charges. It would be absolutely impossible to prove fraud on one order or even probably a few orders. There's nothing illegal about preordering a game and then deciding later that you don't want it and canceling and they can't prove that wasn't your intent.

It says right in the fine print that preorders with coupon cannot be canceled however, so is it even possible to cancel your preorder after using the code?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am totally lost about what your second sentence means, but I am pretty sure that there will be no arrests or fines from GS on this. If every CAG who took advantage of GS promotions to their maximum advantage rather than to the letter of the rules ended up arrested these forums would not be very active.

so quick question, if I have enough to cover the used game on my edge card but not enough to cover the pre-order do they use the edge card for the used game or the pre order. Just curious because I would like to use my edge credit on the used game and not my credit card...

got my War for Cybertron in and it was great shape. Have Metroid Other M and Force Unleashed Sith Edition coming.

If Sith Edition has the extras I'll report it because getting that for $20 looks to be the cheapest place to get it from now on.

people taking this post seriously :rofl:

Told myself that I may jump on this if they were to put the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection up for pre-order... and they did.

But I still can't decide on a used game. Hrmmm.

Crackdown 2 used is down to $32.99 pre-discount, though. Maybe that.

[quote name='Fatbot3']got my War for Cybertron in and it was great shape. Have Metroid Other M and Force Unleashed Sith Edition coming.

If Sith Edition has the extras I'll report it because getting that for $20 looks to be the cheapest place to get it from now on.[/QUOTE]

My Sith Edition came with everything, except the collectible card - it is in fantastic condition.

Well, I ended up preordering Okamiden as I figure that's the least likely preorder of mine to get a bonus discount and then for the used game I picked up Tales of Vesperia. Hopefully Gamestop will let me stack my last $10 credit I had (emailing customer service now) so I can get the two games for $37. :D

EDIT: Forgot about paying money to Devil Patrick.

[quote name='GUNNM']uh read the title of the thread[/QUOTE]
I'm not an idiot. Crackdown 2 is $40 new, $33 used. Madden is $60 new and $48 used. He said he got Crackdown for $15 and Madden for $20. How is that possible?

If Crackdown was used Madden would've still been $60. Vice versa, Crackdown should've been $40.

How did he get both so cheap? Unless he got them both used from separate orders?

They do have to be separate orders since the half off only applies to used games that you buy with a preorder. It's in the title.

And I got Madden 11, RDR, Crackdown 2, Transformers WFC, Lego Harry Potter all for around $100 and then I cancelled my preorders. I wouldn't have been too upset if it wouldn't let me cancel, but it did so awesome deal, imo.

[quote name='Gertle627']They do have to be separate orders since the half off only applies to used games that you buy with a preorder. It's in the title.

And I got Madden 11, RDR, Crackdown 2, Transformers WFC, Lego Harry Potter all for around $100 and then I cancelled my preorders. I wouldn't have been too upset if it wouldn't let me cancel, but it did so awesome deal, imo.[/QUOTE]
You can cancel the pre-order games? I thought the deal specifically says that the pre-order games can't be canceled?

Been waiting for reach to be added to the used section before this 50% is gone.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Usually how long before a pending order ship? I place an order last night and the used game is now show as pending.[/QUOTE]
Monday, not sure if they do orders on saturday or sunday

They say the preorders can't be cancelled, but the website allows you to cancel. I waited until I got my games before I cancelled. And even if they would have stoppe it, I would have taken most of the preordered games to the local GS to just get my money back for those. When GS.com ships your games, the receipt never indicates what the deal was or anything, only the final price you paid. I've had GS clerks ask me how I got such good prices a few times.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I really want to order deathsmiles but I have a feeling it won't come with any of the extras.[/QUOTE]
yeah same here. Could always take a chance and just return it.

Glad I checked CAG before I went and pre-ordered Sonic Colors (the kid want it....some give me shit:) )

[quote name='rp71284']I'm not falling for this again. Orders I placed a week ago (when it was glitched) are still waiting to be cleared off my card. I hope GS is enjoying the interest they're making off my money. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

Your CC or your gift card?

If it's your CC, your interest argument is moot since they don't actually see the money immediately. Plus a hold is meaningless.

Gift Card or store credit -- well, you've let them earn interest anyway.

im on the fence about ording resident evil: umberella chronicles (wii) for $9 anyone ever play it?
is it worth it?

im also wondering ifgamestop will offer any exclusives with marvel vs capcom 3

[quote name='Izod517']My Sith Edition came with everything, except the collectible card - it is in fantastic condition.[/QUOTE]

GREA TO HEAR!! And thanks for reporting.

Now i need to find a Game to pre-order.....

[quote name='Viol8tor']GREA TO HEAR!! And thanks for reporting.

Now i need to find a Game to pre-order.....[/QUOTE]

mine also came complete and in decent shape (only with card - 10 of 10 if anyone's actually collecting)

[quote name='handsomepete']mine also came complete and in decent shape (only with card - 10 of 10 if anyone's actually collecting)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info as well Pete. Placed an order for it with a Super Scribblenauts pre-order.

$22.50 for this now rare version of The Force unleashed, no doubt the best price you'll find.

quick question, i know usually you aren't charged until you get your game but i was wondering since you are getting a used game with it if that is changed? Do they charge you the pre-order when you first order or when it ships?

[quote name='jj5206']quick question, i know usually you aren't charged until you get your game but i was wondering since you are getting a used game with it if that is changed? Do they charge you the pre-order when you first order or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

No, it's still the same. You won't get charged for the preorder until it ships.

FYI I got my Sith Edition in good shape but sans any book or card. Fortunately a buddy of mine works at a local GS and will give me the innards of one at the store. With EDGE it was 20 bucks even.

Well I just ordered Atelier Rorona, I was hoping to pick up Trinity Universe, but it's sold out :( Oh well, more money for me to set aside for other released coming out this year.

bread's done
Back