GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Jp, the woman in front of me traded in the wireless n adapter for the 360 today. The guy ringing her up said that she was getting 24 for it. I looked at the op and the most recent value was 31.25 from June, 2010. I think it's probably safe to update that because what I heard seems to be in line with the out dated value.

All for the 360.
Assassins Creed Brotherhood $20
Castlevania $16
Sonics Ultimate Collection $7
Call of Duty WaW $6

For a total of $78.40 with the 60% bonus.

Upcoming promo information.
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']50% more TIV till march 6th
3ds Trade up till 4-3
Powertrade 25% bonus towards Killzone 3, Bulletstorm, Pokemon Black and white
extra 25 dollar trade credit for trading in xbox360, wii or ps3 [/QUOTE]

Excellent! My DS Lite continues to live!(More like now I can play Black/White on launch as opposed to a 3 week wait)

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']So the extra 50% trade-in is in effect now, correct? And the trade-in values on the front page are base values and do not include the extra 50%?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Yes and yes

Traded (PS3):

Nier: $7
Blazblue - Continuum Shift: $8

As before, I still received the 10% bonus despite my card having been expired for a number of months; their servers were down.

The reason the wireless adapters are less TIV now is Gamestop has cut the price on them. They only charge $50 for the Wireless G adapter used now (was $70 before Christmas) and they charge $80 for the Wireless N adapter new (couldn't find a used price on the website.)

Sorry for the n00b question.

Does the extra 50% trade in credit stack with the 25% bonus towards, say MvC 3?

Kirby's Epic Yarn trades for $20. If it stacks, that's a 75% bonus for a total of $35 tiv. Unless my math is wrong.

[quote name='dkl415']Sorry for the n00b question.

Does the extra 50% trade in credit stack with the 25% bonus towards, say MvC 3?

Kirby's Epic Yarn trades for $20. If it stacks, that's a 75% bonus for a total of $35 tiv. Unless my math is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Promos do not stack. The only thing that would stack is the 50% trade in bonus and 10% from your powerup card if you have one.

isn't the 25% trade up for promos redundant when the 50% is going on until March 6th? You could just trade the games for 50% towards the promoted game instead...

Xbox 360
L4D2 - 8$
Transformers WFC - $10
Dead Rising 2 - $15
MVC3- $25
Lost planet 2 - $7
FF13 - $6
Halo reach - $16
RE5 - $3
Red dead redepemtpion -$9

Base TIVs from 2/19

PS3 :

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $20.00
Grid - $8.00

Xbox 360 :

Iron Man 2 - $6.00

DS :

Sonic Rush - $2.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - $2.50

Wii :

Cooking Mama Cook Off - $6.00
Deca Sports - $6.00
Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection - $4.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - $7.00
Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels - $5.00

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']isn't the 25% trade up for promos redundant when the 50% is going on until March 6th? You could just trade the games for 50% towards the promoted game instead...[/QUOTE]

I think we've covered this.

2/19
iconxbox360.gif

Bayonetta $5
iconwii.gif

CoD: World at War $8

[quote name='nietzsche74']I think we've covered this.[/QUOTE]
The part about them not stacking was discussed heavily.

I mean, what is the incentive of going for +25% over +50%? Why is Gamestop doing this? Maybe it's something I'm not seeing.

And I need more than just YMMV employee overrides.

Does the extra 50% trade in value apply to this generation games only (360, ps3, wii), or does it also include the last generation games also (xbox, ps2, ngc)?

[quote name='dahermitt']Does the extra 50% trade in value apply to this generation games only (360, ps3, wii), or does it also include the last generation games also (xbox, ps2, ngc)?[/QUOTE]

Everything, but they don't take xbox anymore and the values for PS2 and GC are pretty low so 50% isn't much of a bonus.

[quote name='freshzen']Will the 50% be next week then?

Got a few I'd consider trading in, I assume I'll need 6 games in total for 50% though.[/QUOTE]
It runs till March 6th if I remember correctly and I don't believe it's a tiered trade-in promo, so you could trade in one or a hundred games and still get it.

EDIT: It's not showing up on their website under the trade deals section, except as a deal where you have to mark something to pick up at store and you get 50% more towards anything traded in towards that.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/game-trade-bonus/?loc=tradeinsbanner

The only times I trade to GS are when they have plenty of stock of older games that are hard to find online at a low price. Today I'm heading in to buy the first Test Drive Unlimited for 360 for $16, and I'll try to trade Mafia 2 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, we'll see how it goes!

Edit: Trade went great, here are my bases:

:360: Mafia II: $12
:360: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2: $1.50

50% bonus got me $4 more than Amazon on Mafia II, so I ended up with some credit leftover to blow after buying TDU.

[quote name='bsmiff']The only times I trade to GS are when they have plenty of stock of older games that are hard to find online at a low price. Today I'm heading in to buy the first Test Drive Unlimited for 360 for $16, and I'll try to trade Mafia 2 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, we'll see how it goes!

Edit: Trade went great, here are my bases:

:360: Mafia II: $12
:360: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2: $1.50

50% bonus got me $4 more than Amazon on Mafia II, so I ended up with some credit leftover to blow after buying TDU.[/QUOTE]

$12 + 60% = 19.20
1.50 + 60% = 2.40
Total - 21.60

Test Drive Unlimited - 16.36

Remaining credit - 5.24

...not much, pal.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']$12 + 60% = 19.20
1.50 + 60% = 2.40
Total - 21.60

Test Drive Unlimited - 16.36

Remaining credit - 5.24

...not much, pal.[/QUOTE]

Would've gotten $18.50 total TIV from Amazon. Subtract the cheapest price for TDU offered there ($18.75 for a copy with no art, manual, or case), and I'd be short $0.25. I sure don't mind getting TMNT '89 and TDU for the same trades, pal!

Gamecube:
Harry Potter & Chamber of Secrets - $0.25

PS2:
Batman: Vengenance - $1.50
Kessen III - $0.50
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 - $1.50
Red Faction - $0.50
Simpsons: The Game - $2.00
Dawn of Mana - $1.50

PS3:
Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix - $2.50

NDS:
Children of Mana - $1.50
Neopets: Puzzle Adventure - $1.50
Puzzle de Harvest Moon - $1.00
Pokemon Ranger - $3.00
Pokemon Ranger: Shadow of Almia - $4.00
New Super Mario Bros. - $17.00

Add in the 60%(if you are a PowerUp member): $61.19
Spent about $4 toward my final payment on Pokemon White, $20 toward Batman: Arkham City, and $38.10 toward Homefront. No more paying on games for awhile...

Base TIV Today (2/21/2011)

PS3:
FIFA Soccer 2011 - $16
Super Street Fighter IV - $8
Gran Turismo 5 - $23

Got $75.20 total after the promo and card.

These are a few trades I made earlier this month. (02/04/2011)

PS2:
Killzone - $3

GBA:
Wario Land 4 - $0.75
Mario Kart Super Circuit - $5
Pac-Man Collection - $1
Super Mario Advance - $5
GBA SP (System) - $15

DS:
Final Fantasy III - $1.50

PSP:
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus - $1.50
Killzone: Liberation - $1.50

PS3:
inFAMOUS - $10
Little Big Planet - $7
Killzone 2 - $7

Some TIVs from today:

:ps2:
Devil May Cry 3- $1.50

:psp:
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - $7.00

:ps3:
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage - $16.00
Dead Space 2 - $23.00
Valkyria Chronicles - $7.00

2/21
PS3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $20
Madden 11 $18
Red Dead Redemption $9
The Fight: Lights Out $11
The Shoot $9

On a related note is it an actual policy that a store can require us to bring in games to get quotes? The last GS I asked quotes at basically denied me and said I'd have to bring in the game even though I have never had to in the past. I explained to the employees on the floor that they can always just look it up the system as I've done in the past but they basically c-blocked me. If they were wrong, I'd like to reflect that in their survey so they can't pull that crap on customers going forward.

[quote name='Donut2922']2/21
PS3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $20
Madden 11 $18
Red Dead Redemption $9
The Fight: Lights Out $11
The Shoot $9

On a related note is it an actual policy that a store can require us to bring in games to get quotes? The last GS I asked quotes at basically denied me and said I'd have to bring in the game even though I have never had to in the past. I explained to the employees on the floor that they can always just look it up the system as I've done in the past but they basically c-blocked me. If they were wrong, I'd like to reflect that in their survey so they can't pull that crap on customers going forward.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they have any policies about game quotes. I tried calling a couple days ago and they said due to the high volume of prank quotes they had been receiving they wouldn't do anything over the phone.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I don't know if they have any policies about game quotes. I tried calling a couple days ago and they said due to the high volume of prank quotes they had been receiving they wouldn't do anything over the phone.[/QUOTE]

I'm in CA so in this state they don't allow any phone quotes due to state pawn shop laws. So one could interpret that you would need to bring the physical game in-store to get a quote but that only makes it all the more inconvenient.

A serious WTF? moment today at lunch.

I work downtown so I went to the downtown mall in Sacramento to trade in a few games. I was just there last week...and I walk up and the place is gutted.

Apparently, sometime in the last week, they decided to put up a sign saying the store was closing on 2/20/11 for good.

So odd. They had been at the mall for atleast 10+ years.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']A serious WTF? moment today at lunch.

I work downtown so I went to the downtown mall in Sacramento to trade in a few games. I was just there last week...and I walk up and the place is gutted.

Apparently, sometime in the last week, they decided to put up a sign saying the store was closing on 2/20/11 for good.

So odd. They had been at the mall for atleast 10+ years.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened out here in Queens, NY. Is there another GS nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back