GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']7/3 trades:

:ds:
Madden 05 - $2

:360:
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - $11
NBA 2K10 - $10[/QUOTE]

I am shocked a 5-year-old football game is worth $2 base, no matter what system it's for.

[quote name='superdry']I can triple confirm the $265 for the 60gb PS3 in NYC. A backwards compatible 80gb PS3 nets you $225 credit which isn't too terrible.

I'm a little more tempted now to get rid of my PS3.[/QUOTE]

I live out in Suffolk County.. I wonder if this deal would spread that far or if it's really just NYC only?

[quote name='DustBoogie']I live out in Suffolk County.. I wonder if this deal would spread that far or if it's really just NYC only?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure but there's a chance . Just call up your local Game Stop and ask.

All trades base:

Xbox 360
COD: MW2 game only - $20

PS3
Fallout 3 - $4
MGS4 game only - $5
The Simpsons Game - $6
Motorstorm - $1.50
Far Cry 2 game only - $5

Total OTD after Edge and $10 promo x2 = $65.65. Not bad since my biggest game (MW2) was from thje POG BBV 2 days ago.

Question: I want to trade in a Wii console, but the lid that covers the controller ports (for gamecube controllers) has a handle that has snapped. The lid doesn't stay closed by itself but it's something I think I can fix for the time being.

Do you think Gamestop will hit me with the refurb fee? Would that be considered a defect? Does anyone know what Gamestop considers as defects on consoles? Is it purely cosmetic?

Lots of questions, I guess, lol. Thanks.

any1 know or can estimates when there next 25.00 guarenteed titles promo may be? Just got a copy of Wii Modern Warfare Reflex @ BBV

this is kind of old TIV
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex - $19.25 (2/23/10)

[quote name='plasmid123']Question: I want to trade in a Wii console, but the lid that covers the controller ports (for gamecube controllers) has a handle that has snapped. The lid doesn't stay closed by itself but it's something I think I can fix for the time being.

Do you think Gamestop will hit me with the refurb fee? Would that be considered a defect? Does anyone know what Gamestop considers as defects on consoles? Is it purely cosmetic?

Lots of questions, I guess, lol. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They charged me $20 refurb fee, but mine is missing the lid and my sensor bar is broken. So it might lower for you or it depends on the gamestop your going to.

[quote name='plasmid123']Question: I want to trade in a Wii console, but the lid that covers the controller ports (for gamecube controllers) has a handle that has snapped. The lid doesn't stay closed by itself but it's something I think I can fix for the time being.

Lots of questions, I guess, lol. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If they are doing their job correctly they will defect it. Cosmetic things like that should be defected. Basically if there is something wrong with it which makes it unlikely or much less likely to be resold it should be defected. Would you want to pay for it knowing for the same price you should get one that isn't messed up?

guaranteed $25 game sheet is a random promo so maybe this month, maybe next. just check trade-ins on gamestop.com or check a store for the sheet but really no one can predict what's gonna happen next

Today I traded in these 3 games. All base value of course:

Spiderman: Web of Shadows (xbox360) - $5.00
Unreal Tournament (xbox360) - $2.50

Sonic Unleashed (Wii) - $6.00 This was previously listed at $5.75. So it went up a quarter.

Trades from today

TNA Impact - 3.00

The simpsons game - 6.00

Superman Returns 2.00

Earth Defense force 2017 - 3.00

Devil May cry 4 - 2.00

Call of Duty WAW - 6.00

Ninja Gaiden 2 - 4.00

The Darkness - 1.00

Gun - 3.00

Wii

De Blob - 3.50

PS3

BlazBlue 8.00

DS

Elite beat agents -1.25

Scribblenauts - 10.25

so from teh value thing, and the $10 extra promo, I can trade in bad company 2($25), test drive unlimited($3.75), and orange box($5) and thats $33.75, + the $10 is $43.75, and get mass effect 2 free? and how long is mass effect 2 $40

traded in today
all ps3 all base value
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $5
Dragon Age Origins: Awaking - $14
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $6
Lego Batman - $7
Shaun White Snowboarding - $3
Street Fighter IV - $4
Blur - $23

Silent Hill Homecoming (PS3): $6
Rock Band (ps3): $2
3d Dot game hero: $13.00
Dead space (ps3): $6

Nothing too drastic on changes, only within 50 cents or so.

Guys i have a question...i dont have a printer in my house so can i just go to gamestop and give them the coupon code...will they accept that?

[quote name='dxology']traded in today
all ps3 all base value
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $5
Dragon Age Origins: Awaking - $14
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $6
Lego Batman - $7
Shaun White Snowboarding - $3
Street Fighter IV - $4
Blur - $23[/QUOTE]

d@mn I should have waited to trade in blur

[quote name='marc09']Guys i have a question...i dont have a printer in my house so can i just go to gamestop and give them the coupon code...will they accept that?[/QUOTE]

They might but they are not supposed to.

[quote name='nixmahn']d@mn I should have waited to trade in blur[/QUOTE]
Yeah, how is this going up in value lol? Great combo with the PS3 coupon, too.

[quote name='daman22']so from teh value thing, and the $10 extra promo, I can trade in bad company 2($25), test drive unlimited($3.75), and orange box($5) and thats $33.75, + the $10 is $43.75, and get mass effect 2 free? and how long is mass effect 2 $40[/QUOTE]

The math seems correct, but I doubt Mass Effect will go back up in price any time soon. Sorry to burst your bubble, but $40 is not even that great of deal anymore considering most GS stores have plenty of used copies for $35 (Base trade value is now only $10) and even Kmart had it brand new for $19.99 in the last few weeks.

Trades for July 5th
Banjo Kazooie/Viva Pinata Bundle $6
Fallout 3 Operation Anchorage/The Pitt Expansion Disc $5

PS3
Resistance Fall of Man $3

for those that have traded in a ps3, did they check to see if it'd read a disc?

my first ps3, the blu-ray lens died (i think) because it doesn't read any discs. xmb and what not still turns on.

may go for this promotion.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']for those that have traded in a ps3, did they check to see if it'd read a disc?

my first ps3, the blu-ray lens died (i think) because it doesn't read any discs. xmb and what not still turns on.

may go for this promotion.[/QUOTE]
They'll probably check if it plays disks. They're supposed to, after all.

[quote name='daman22']so from teh value thing, and the $10 extra promo, I can trade in bad company 2($25), test drive unlimited($3.75), and orange box($5) and thats $33.75, + the $10 is $43.75, and get mass effect 2 free? and how long is mass effect 2 $40[/QUOTE]

$40 is the standard price (MSRP) now for Mass Effect 2 new. As Z24buddy said, a few stores/websites have had different sales for the game for $20 recently.

Does the 30% more on PS3 games stack with the $5 bonus as well as the trade 3, get an additional $10?! I doubt it, but anyone know?

The 5 dollar bonus on certain games has expired hasnt it?

I doubt the 30% coupon stacks with the trade 3 get 10$. Promos besides EDGE usually dont stack.

I'm going in tomorrow to trade in about $200 worth of stuff(taking advantage of their Trade 3 get $10 promo), but I rarely shop at Gamestop.

Can someone tell me some good GS>Amazon flips?

Updated lists and database.

I've been thinking about changing how the lists work and operate. This will mainly effect the standard web user, not mobile but I also don't want to make this big change without seeing what everyone thinks. The first four values in the 360 list are changed to where they can be clicked to show full game information including having other TIVs easily accessible from the thread. Just an idea. Going to wait and see what everyone thinks before I make a full switch.

Base values as of this morning:

EDF 2017 (360) - $3.00
Civ IV (360) - $8.00
TMNT (360) - $4.00

With Edge and $10 promo, total came to 26.50. Not bad, considering I got more than I paid for on all 3.

[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database.

I've been thinking about changing how the lists work and operate. This will mainly effect the standard web user, not mobile but I also don't want to make this big change without seeing what everyone thinks. The first four values in the 360 list are changed to where they can be clicked to show full game information including having other TIVs easily accessible from the thread. Just an idea. Going to wait and see what everyone thinks before I make a full switch.[/QUOTE]
Are they increasing your pay;) for all the extra work. Looks :D to me.

[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database.

I've been thinking about changing how the lists work and operate. This will mainly effect the standard web user, not mobile but I also don't want to make this big change without seeing what everyone thinks. The first four values in the 360 list are changed to where they can be clicked to show full game information including having other TIVs easily accessible from the thread. Just an idea. Going to wait and see what everyone thinks before I make a full switch.[/QUOTE]Hope you get that big pay increase you deserve. Looks good to me.

[quote name='freeorelse']Are they increasing your pay;) for all the extra work. Looks :D to me.[/QUOTE]
They are, I'm getting 100% raise. Of course 100% of $0 is still $0. I think that isn't as good of a deal as I've been told.:lol:

Guy I talked to yesterday said they got an email about them having a huge deal coming fairly soon. something like 180 titles, nothing specific though

That's pretty amazing. Now if there was something in the API that would allow you to pull new TIV entry data whenever someone updated it through clicking the link... that'd make your job so much easier :)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']That's pretty amazing. Now if there was something in the API that would allow you to pull new TIV entry data whenever someone updated it through clicking the link... that'd make your job so much easier :)[/QUOTE]
I don't want to COMPLETELY rule out my involvement. Come on now. What I've been doing though is I watch the TIV Moderation Queue and the TIV Tracker page to see if there are items that haven't been posted in the thread. I try to keep both as similar as possible. I'm still doing some testing with the new link set on the mobile end. Don't want to jack things up for them.

Edit: Which looking at the iPhone layout, it adds a lot of crud that makes the list a little more problematic to read. I'm unsure as to what the other layouts do with it. I remember there being a way to manually switch mobile layouts for the CAG page so I'm going to test that and see what happens. Ideally I would just like to see the $ button not the full thing as a link to the price window. I'll keep working on it.

Edit #2: Well it doesn't look that bad on the mobile version, however I do notice some shitty looking layout on the mobile layout in other areas. I know it's a balancing act between making everyone happy. I know a lot of people who use this list while in stores. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, how is this going up in value lol? Great combo with the PS3 coupon, too.[/QUOTE]

Very tempting to trade Blur with the coupon, even though the game is really fun!

Has anyone traded in :360: Bionic Commando in recently? 45 days ago it had $1.00 trade value.

PS3 version appears to be $1.50 .. which is odd.

If my calculations are correct, this is what I may do later today.

:360: Battlefield Bad Company 2 LE - $22.00 - $24.20
:360: Prototype - $7.00 - $7.70
:360: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - $4.00 - $4.40
+ $10 bonus = $46.30

:360: Project Gotham Racing 4 - $1.50 - $1.65
:360: Armored Core 4 - $3.00 - $3.30
:360: Stoked - $4.00 - $4.40
+ $10 bonus = $19.35

Estimated Total: $65.65

7/4/10

DS
geometry wars: galaxies - 1.75
Hotel Dusk - 2.50
Flash Focus - 1.50
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - 2.25
Final Fantasy III - 3.00
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - 3.00
Wario Master of Disguise - 2.50

PSP
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - 3.50
Need for Speed: Carbon Own the City - 4.25
FF VII: Crisis Core - 3.50
Killzone Liberation - 2.75
Patapon - 2.25

Viva Pinata - 3.00
Need for Speed: Carbon - 4.00
Resident Evil 5 - 2.50

Traded in several games today :)

:360: Mass Effect 2 - $10
:360: Nier - $16
:360: Halo 3 - $4
:360: Rainbow Six: Vegas - $1.50
:360: Magna Carta 2 - $10
:360: Star Ocean - $9

I'll update the tracker if i can :)

Looks like I'm going to have to put a hold on a possible transfer to a different styling. Looks to be a slight glitch with the pop-up and referencing the TIV Database. Going to remove all of the current ones I have done.

Updated lists and database.

Just traded these games in. Slight variation of what I wanted to trade in...

:360: Battlefield Bad Company 2 LE - $20.00
:360: Prototype - $5.00
:360: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - $4.00
:360: Project Gotham Racing 4 - $1.50
:360: Armored Core 4 - $2.50
:wii: Jenga - $3.50

Got $60.15 for all with bonuses. Not too bad considering I got the majority of them for under $5.00 a year ago.

Edit: Updated the tracker on those that didn't match.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']for those that have traded in a ps3, did they check to see if it'd read a disc?

may go for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

yea for me put disc in didnt read and charged a $65 refurb fee, im still happy as the non working console would of just sat there.

Traded these in yesterday:

:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - $4.25
:psp: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $3.00
:ds: Sonic Rush - $4.00
:ds: Trauma Center: Under the Knife - $3.00
:ds: Dragon Quest IV - $4.50
:ds: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $1.75
:360: The Club - $2.00
:360: Virtua Fighter 5 - $2.00
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man - $3.00

[quote name='HydroX']Just traded these games in. Slight variation of what I wanted to trade in...

:360: Battlefield Bad Company 2 LE - $20.00
:360: Prototype - $5.00
:360: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - $4.00
:360: Project Gotham Racing 4 - $1.50
:360: Armored Core 4 - $2.50
:wii: Jenga - $3.50

Got $60.15 for all with bonuses. Not too bad considering I got the majority of them for under $5.00 a year ago.

Edit: Updated the tracker on those that didn't match.[/QUOTE]

Is there a difference between the LE and standard editions of Battlefield Bad Company 2 since almost all first copies of the game were the LE?

I'm confused about the 360 trade up promo, is that still active? I clicked on the "more details" link to GS.com and the page has been removed. If I go in on Friday when they are supposed to get the consoles in, would I be able to trade in stuff for a bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back