GTA Online/CAG Crew Thread

apparently, rumor has it there are going to micro-transactions for gta v online, such as buying in game cash.

apparently, rumor has it there are going to micro-transactions for gta v online, such as buying in game cash.
Heh heh heh. Stealing money would be more of an adventure than ever in the case if that were true, I would jump out of a car yell "Cheap Ass Theft!!!" And rob them for a dollar to get something off the dollar menu at Cluckin' Bell.

I heard about this and for the life of me, I can't figure how (or why) would they do this. What would in game cash net you? Isn't this about robbing and doing missions/heists in the game world like the single player? I don't assume on rumor as fact until Rockstar releases a statement explaining what or when the online multiplayer comes out. On that note, when is everyone getting it, on day one? or day more than one, lol.

I figured they'd do micro-transactions. They're essentially putting out an MMO without a sub fee. If they're going to continuously be working on it and adding missions and other various things, they need to bring cash in from somewhere (yeah, I know they just made a billion+ on the game, but still).

I'm fine with it. As long as I can still make plenty of money by robbing banks/people, it's all good. I'll probably wind up dropping a couple bucks on the game as well assuming they do other pay stuff like hairstyles, clothes, etc...

Sounds like we'll be paying real money for in-game cash to use for buying homes and cars and such. And apparently the online items will cost LESS than they do in singleplayer, which is good.

I'd like to join, finally getting the game this week can't wait looks insane!

Rockstar social / psn id: brain_freeze_92

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we can make this thread a wiki thread finally :) Also, I accepted a few invites today, welcome aboard everyone! Only 5 days left.

May be the wrong spot to post, but are people able to be in the same crew if they are on a different platform? I realize that you wouldn't be able to play together but would stats and such combine between 360 and ps3? Anyone know of a 360 crew on CAG? I saw another crew from CAG called CAG Payne but wasn't sure if this was ps3 or 360 either

May be the wrong spot to post, but are people able to be in the same crew if they are on a different platform? I realize that you wouldn't be able to play together but would stats and such combine between 360 and ps3? Anyone know of a 360 crew on CAG? I saw another crew from CAG called CAG Payne but wasn't sure if this was ps3 or 360 either
I think so... yes.

Can't find the link to edit the first post, so I'm not sure if the wiki is working.

Anyway, everyone feel free to add me:

PSN ID - Gregatron1

Alright, since I guess the Wiki option doesn't work or is a pain to figure out, I just went ahead and updated the OP. Everyone should be listed. If you don't see your name up there, let me know and I'll add it.

damn, i just want to make sure again. gta v online will be active starting tomorrow, right? i might be busy this whole week, until the weekend.man, i am going to miss out all the fun.

So yeah, I'm up and there is no update. Seems that everywhere but the US has the update available.

EDIT

There we go. 39MB for those wondering.

My PS3 kicked on around 7:15 this morning...not sure if it downloaded an update or not, but I'll find out tonight when I get home.

Yeah, I'm not even going to try until tonight, though I think we'll be lucky if the servers are remotely fixed by then.

I hope they're better tonight. Realistically though, I'm not expecting a decent online experience until like Friday at the earliest.

It's just annoying that in 2013 after all these failed online launches, companies still don't realize a lot of people want to play their game and to get enough servers to accommodate them. Do these devs only expect like 17 people to try and play their game?

I tried to join not sure what I did wrong, BenC7_ was the name I signed up with on the rockstar site, GRAPE_JEWSBOX is my PSN 

I'd like to join. I guess I add myself via the R* SC site?

PSN ID: BR0ba-Fettt (in my sig too). '0' is a zero.

EDIT: Usually play after 9pm Pacific. (I'm in Calif.).

EDIT 2: Read in post #80 that this is a wiki so I'll add myself to the OP. Also requested via R* site.

I have had absolutely no luck playing online... keep getting a "failed to host online session" error meh

Question: I'm having problems getting into GTA Online! Is there a list of issues Rockstar is looking into, so I can stay informed about the status of fixes for known launch issues?

Answer: We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into.  

• Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
  • Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
  • Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
  • Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
  • Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
  • Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
  • General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading,failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
  • Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
  • Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.  If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Update at 5:00 PM ET 10/1/13: We are continuing to look into these issues and will keep posting updates here to keep the Community informed. Thanks for your patience.

bread's done
Back