GTA Online/CAG Crew Thread

Anyone gotten it to actually work yet? One of my friends on Xbox said online is working great for him. Unfortunately I haven't been as lucky. I've created my character like four times but I then get a timeout error or it says I cant host and boots me.

Anyone gotten it to actually work yet? One of my friends on Xbox said online is working great for him. Unfortunately I haven't been as lucky. I've created my character like four times but I then get a timeout error or it says I cant host and boots me.
Same, everyone who I know who has played online has on 360. All I've been able to do is create a character nothing else.

I managed to get in for a little bit this morning but I got kicked out. I will wait until the weekend, maybe next week before I will try again. I liked what I saw and I am excited to see more. I still got some single player to get thru, so no big deal

Haven't been able to get on yet. I managed to start a private session, and then I couldn't start the race or whatever.

Well, I actually was able to view the opening cut-scene finally. However, I'm now sitting here before the race stuck on "Launching session".

Got up to level 8. Things have been working relatively smoothly with some hiccups with matchmaking.

Edit: Well it was working earlier lol. Getting Rockstar cloud server errors at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got up to level 8. Things have been working relatively smoothly with some hiccups with matchmaking.

Edit: Well it was working earlier lol. Getting Rockstar cloud server errors at the moment.
The only time I've actually been able to do anything was when the cloud was down. It just threw me into a random world with a bunch of other people. When the cloud is up and functioning, I cant connect to a damn thing.

Just created a character...and it loaded!

EDIT: Currently watching the intro video and such. A lot of pop-in for textures, but so far so good.

EDIT: and I won my first race :) AI/Lamar is quite forgiving for this first race.

EDIT: spoke to soon? Game is currently stuck on a white/grey screen, with sounds playing, but nothing is happening :(

Just created a character...and it loaded!

EDIT: Currently watching the intro video and such. A lot of pop-in for textures, but so far so good.

EDIT: and I won my first race :) AI/Lamar is quite forgiving for this first race.

EDIT: spoke to soon? Game is currently stuck on a white/grey screen, with sounds playing, but nothing is happening :(
When the cloud servers are up, I can get through the opening cut-scene, then my game just sits at "Launching Session" as the race is trying to begin. I guess that's a step above yesterday when I literally could not do anything, but it's still lame.

Honestly, I'd be somewhat surprised if this is even functioning smoothly by Saturday. I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to get some time in this weekend, but it really seems like they haven't accomplished a whole lot in the past 36 hours. At this pace it'll probably take at least a week.

Just requested.

I'm managing to be able to play right now, in a room with 15 randoms, its pretty hilarious with everyone trolling each other.

So I got to the intro.... walked up to I assume what is the default first race mission then it just got stuck in Waiting for Players for about 10 minutes before I just said fuck it and shut it off.

So I got to the intro.... walked up to I assume what is the default first race mission then it just got stuck in Waiting for Players for about 10 minutes before I just said fuck it and shut it off.
This is currently exactly where I am. I actually was able to finish the race earlier but it sat at a white screen after and the character I did the race with has apparently been deleted. So I just tried starting over.

My question is, you race against Lamar by himself. Why do I even need to wait for other players?

I sent a request to join the crew. Had to restart my game a couple times when it froze, but I was able to finish all the tutorials and unlock the jobs, races, and whatever else if anyone wants to work on them.

PSN: OrganizedChaos11

I was able to get to lvl 5 last night. I too had some hiccups when trying to join a game. Is there a night in which we should try to play?  Or is it hop on when you can?  I'm good around 8pm PST on the weekdays and weekends vary.  

Feel free to add me to your FL, just put CAG so I know.

I tried for a while last night to try and get it to work. Going to try today as I have the day off. Anyone that wants to team up and not deal with people just killing you over and over add me. Usually on at night after 9 pm.

PSN: VolsVegasking

Once I got past the tutorial stuff and had it save my character it worked pretty well and I really like the co-op missions and team based objectives.

The money lost when you're killed seems a bit excessive. Maybe at higher ranks games will award more cash to make this a non issue, though. It's frustrating that even when the cloud services work, joining friend/crew games isn't entirely reliable, but sending individual invites works fine. Another issue is when you go back to free mode after playing something in a private session, you're tossed into an open session. If there's some way around this I've missed I'd like to know...

PSN is Truthiness, put CAG in the message if you can.

Welp, just lost my level 12 character. Logged in and it was gone.

fuck this game and fuck Rockstar....its one thing not being able to get online, a whole different matter to lose a full days worth of progress and have a high chance of it happening again.

Welp, just lost my level 12 character. Logged in and it was gone.

fuck this game and fuck Rockstar....its one thing not being able to get online, a whole different matter to lose a full days worth of progress and have a high chance of it happening again.
I know you don't want to hear this, but you KNEW there were online issues...I have zero intention of getting online until I see another patch or two and get confirmation that most of the issues are resolved. Still, that sucks man :(

I figured RS would have the online working pretty well given that it didn't launch until after the game was released, but I couldn't even log on last night. I got an invite from a friend today but was disconnected after accepting the request. But given that people are having their saves deleted, it might be best to just wait... 

EDIT* There's a patch tomorrow, maybe that'll help things. 

I know you don't want to hear this, but you KNEW there were online issues...I have zero intention of getting online until I see another patch or two and get confirmation that most of the issues are resolved. Still, that sucks man :(
I did know, but I did not expect them to completely span to the point of totally wiping characters. Especially if I had no issues outside of long matchmaking. I logged out perfectly and everything too. Even FFXIV was bad, but totally losing your character was never an issue

On the upside, my character came back as a level 1 but with all my stuff and most of my bank account. On the down side.....

OoYK289.jpg

I did know, but I did not expect them to completely span to the point of totally wiping characters. Especially if I had no issues outside of long matchmaking. I logged out perfectly and everything too. Even FFXIV was bad, but totally losing your character was never an issue

On the upside, my character came back as a level 1 but with all my stuff and most of my bank account. On the down side.....

OoYK289.jpg
HOT! :p

I've been able to get online decent since this morning, but there's the occasional freezes when trying to do missions.

At least I have my BF4 Beta

I'm kinda pissed that you can only buy the huge 10 car garage in the online mode. I was thinking that you could buy the huge garage (and homes and whatnot) in SP. Not sure how much I wanna do online since once RS shuts down the servers, you'll lose all that data (I wanna be able to drive all 10 of my cars 10 years from now). 

Seems to be working now.  My single player was glitched out earlier, but everything is back to normal, thankfully.

Got tired of losing every character I tediously crafted, so I just started using whatever the RNG blessed me with.  Looks like I got lots of Illegal Activities.

Up to level 5 now, got a couple bullets and $20K in the bank thanks to some friendly randoms who allowed me to tag along on their unorganized tomfoolery.  I spent the first couple minutes shooting at a teammate who I thought was chasing the car I was riding in.  To be fair, he WAS shooting at us.  Or something.  Pretty fun once you get into it.

I managed to get on for awhile last night. The griefers on the server I got put into were pretty horrible. There was one guy camping out by the store the tutorial has yu stick up amd another by the LS Customs. Plus a few driving around shooting at everyone. I ended up starting up a friends-only match so my buddy and I could actually enjoy ourselves.

The patch is out.

I managed to get on for awhile last night. The griefers on the server I got put into were pretty horrible. There was one guy camping out by the store the tutorial has yu stick up amd another by the LS Customs. Plus a few driving around shooting at everyone. I ended up starting up a friends-only match so my buddy and I could actually enjoy ourselves.
Yeah. I was able to play yesterday afternoon for a good while and the random people seemed super annoying. Kids screaming and people camping ATM's.

Seems to be working really well right now.

It'd be awesome when I go 13-2 in a TDM that we could win, but all my teammates are incapable of getting a kill without dying 6-7 times in the process.

Also, I cant wait for the bad sport stuff to kick in. Doing races and having people quit because they aren't in 1st place the entire time is lame. Just did a race where we went from 16 players all the way down to five. They don't even try to better their position either. After two seconds of not being 1st they immediately quit.

If your character disappears then I would hope it's a server issue and completely on their end. At that point it'd probably be best to start a new character in a different slot while waiting to see if your original character eventually syncs. (making one in the same slot will likely overwrite whatever they do have synced is my thinking..but who knows with things being so utterly fucked :dunce: )

Seems to be working really well right now.

It'd be awesome when I go 13-2 in a TDM that we could win, but all my teammates are incapable of getting a kill without dying 6-7 times in the process.

Also, I cant wait for the bad sport stuff to kick in. Doing races and having people quit because they aren't in 1st place the entire time is lame. Just did a race where we went from 16 players all the way down to five. They don't even try to better their position either. After two seconds of not being 1st they immediately quit.
You get RP for completing races, even if you don't win. Oh well, never underestimate the idiocy of the internet. Saw somewhere that you get over 2000 RP for coming in last while playing Golf.

Online seems flawless since the patch. If it continues like this, we should definitely try to get something together this weekend.

I'm now up to 30K banked. A friend of mine said once you hit level 15 (or have someone in your crew who is) you can farm Violent Duct for 1000RP and 9K. He's already purchased the 400K apartment.

Saw a few CAG's play last night. Sorry I forgot your name(s) was mainly goofing around before going to sleep. 

Funny thing, I had some random in a lifted 4x4 come at me trying to kill me.  Gotta love it when they don't have bulletproof tires.  

On the ATM's...you don't need to use them. Just find a good spot and deposit/withdraw money online by using your phone or computer.

Please add me to the group. PSN = Atari_Warlord

It will probably be a week or two before I finish SP, then will switch over. if you want someone that will be a team player and doesn't stab you in the back, that's my preferred style.

I'm playing right now with zracer214, join online!

I think I played a bunch with Sinical and HappyHeckler too.

To me, the races seem to be the quickest, easiest way to make money on the lower levels. Races only last a few minutes and net $2500 or more for a 1st place finish. You gain XP pretty quickly too.

bread's done
Back