Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

[quote name='paz9x']rock on brother
what songs can be done on medium/hard for 400k?
what are some easier 1k note streakable songs?[/QUOTE]

400k is possible on freebird on medium, i think you have to be near perfect though, you can get the 1000 note streak there too.

i got 400k on freebird on hard (500k is possible)

other easier possibilities for 1000 note streak are monkey wrench or x-stream on hard.

thanks for the ideas.
i finally beat psychobilly freakout on hard, wasnt able to pull 400k on xstream. didnt make it to 300k, but ive only playe d the song 3-4 times total.

I got the 1000 note streak using Freebird on Medium, and 400k using X-Stream on Hard. Both took some practice but it wasn't too bad.

Currently working on 5 starring everything on Hard, got about 5-7 songs left. I'm also stuck on beating the last tier on Expert.

[quote name='mr ryles']the hyper speed cheat made things harder for me.[/QUOTE]
it made medium more enjoyable for me. since it speeds it up, i think it might make hard more enjoyable as i get better. i dotn think it makes it easier at all just more fun, for me atleast. i really really enjoy this game.

OMFG, I 5-starred Freebird in less than 5 tries, then I went into zombie-mode trying to 5-star Psychobilly Freakout and I did it!

I was short less than 1k one time and nearly threw my controller onto my bed (rather than the floor), but I kept at it, and i JUST got past the 5-star threshold. According to ScoreHero, I barely scraped by with around ~75 points (or i would've had a 4 star).

That was a terrible joke.

Also, at what point did people have to start practicing songs to hit them? Psychobilly Freakout on Hard is just whipping my ass.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']That was a terrible joke.

Also, at what point did people have to start practicing songs to hit them? Psychobilly Freakout on Hard is just whipping my ass.[/quote]

That's when. I am currently stuck on the last few songs at stonehenge.

I have a question for anyone who bought this from eb/gamestop:

I've only bought maybe 5 games from them in the past few years (I don't buy a lot of games, but when I do its usually at BB or CC), and every single one required them to go into the back of the store to get "another" copy of it. I've heard the stories on here about this.

When you go in there, do you just pick up the GHII case and give it to them, or are they going to have to go into the back to get another copy that someone already played?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']That was a terrible joke.

Also, at what point did people have to start practicing songs to hit them? Psychobilly Freakout on Hard is just whipping my ass.[/QUOTE]

Psychobilly Freakout on Expert. :) Either that or Freya on expert, I can't recall exactly which.

And I still haven't finished expert; managed to pass Misorlu today after about an hour of practice, still have 4 songs to go.

[quote name='lilboo']What's Zombie mode ????? :whistle2:s[/quote]

It's when I play that same fucking song for hours on end, ultimately losing track of time and my hands start hurting.

Does anyone have a problem with whoever is player 2 on co-op?

You can barely, and I mean just barely, make out the audio. Whoever is player 1, even if they are bass, blow player 2's audio of the the water.

Edit- looks like a speaker problem, I must have blown out the right speaker.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Does anyone have a problem with whoever is player 2 on co-op?

You can barely, and I mean just barely, make out the audio. Whoever is player 1, even if they are bass, blow player 2's audio of the the water.

Edit- looks like a speaker problem, I must have blown out the right speaker.[/quote]

Yeah it's like that for me too, player one's audio is much louder than player two's.

[quote name='javeryh']Well if the DLC is "Rocks The 80s" like I've been hoping for months I say it will be worth the wait.[/quote]QFT. I do hope Iron Man and Take Me Out from GH1 see the DLC love too, though.

[quote name='javeryh']Well if the DLC is "Rocks The 80s" like I've been hoping for months I say it will be worth the wait.[/QUOTE]
That would be sweet, but i bet it will just be a few more overpriced songs sold in crappy packs.

seriously why am I so frickin awful at carry me home on hard? I am blazing through expert but that is the one song on hard that I dont even get close to beating...

grrr

oh and institutionalized on medium was for some reason a pain to get five stars on...

woooo

i really hope they announce the 80s version will be dlc

when i play custom songs on the ps2 it looks like crap in comparison to the crisp hd. i would much rather play the 80s songs on the 360.

I think I officially don't care about DLC for this game. Sure I want to play Rock the 80's on the 360, but unless this DLC is playable in GH3, I don't really get the point.

I hope the new DLC is something good, looking forward to seeing what it is.

Finished the Expert tour yesterday and five starred all of the Hard songs tonight, now to go through and five star everything on Expert. Last two tiers are going to be a pain!

I doubt the DLC will be the 80's edition. I mean they are charging $50 for it on the ps2. Plus who knows how much space that will take up gigabyte wise.

I'm just hoping for new songs and no more GH1 songs.

[quote name='mr ryles']I doubt the DLC will be the 80's edition. I mean they are charging $50 for it on the ps2. Plus who knows how much space that will take up gigabyte wise.

I'm just hoping for new songs and no more GH1 songs.[/QUOTE]

If they just make the songs dlc and not the whole game, it won't be much space at all. I don't need the 80s characters and venues or whatever just the songs.

[quote name='CokeCola']I think I officially don't care about DLC for this game. Sure I want to play Rock the 80's on the 360, but unless this DLC is playable in GH3, I don't really get the point.[/quote]

I don't really understand your reasoning here. Is it really that hard to put in GHII instead of GHIII when you want to play the dlc songs. THe only negative would be no online play.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I don't really understand your reasoning here. Is it really that hard to put in GHII instead of GHIII when you want to play the dlc songs. THe only negative would be no online play.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... kinda.

I mean, I already own the songs on the PS2 version, and I don't want to re-buy them unless the experience offered is the definitive one.

[quote name='CokeCola']Yeah... kinda.

I mean, I already own the songs on the PS2 version, and I don't want to re-buy them unless the experience offered is the definitive one.[/quote]

Ok, That makes sence.

I just saw the guitar for the first time today and man was i surprised. I thought t would be bigger. Was anyone else surprised when they first saw the actual guitar size. I just saw it at eb i didnt buy it

Damn it! I FC'd X-Stream on expert trying to get the 500,000 points acheivement, and I could only get up to 491,000! fuck! Is there any way to get the acheivement using this song?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Damn it! I FC'd X-Stream on expert trying to get the 500,000 points acheivement, and I could only get up to 491,000! fuck! Is there any way to get the acheivement using this song?[/QUOTE]
My God. I would have snapped the guitar over my knee.

What's the XBL high score?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Damn it! I FC'd X-Stream on expert trying to get the 500,000 points acheivement, and I could only get up to 491,000! fuck! Is there any way to get the acheivement using this song?[/quote]That's how I got it, damned if I remember how. Just gotta use the Star Power correctly. I'll give it another run soon to see if it jogs my memory.

Edit: I used my star power 3 times in the song. First two times are in what I'll say is the chorus, because it's the part where they go "always..pushing..to the X-STREAAAM!" ;) It's got a constant mass of chords, so it's worth the most points.

You bank your first 3 star powers and the 4th comes at the beginning of the chorus. After that, activate it and it'll go through the chorus into the next part. You skip the next chorus, keep banking the power. For the third chorus, you'll want to use your star power a little bit before it starts. There's a star power phrase you'll need at the end of the chorus, so you need to experiment to find the right moment to activate it so you get enough notes but don't miss the phrase at the end of the chorus. After you've got that first one from the end of the 3rd chorus, you'll get another phrase a bit into the 'thousand-one' part..just activate it as soon as you get it, since it's all the same from here on in.

I remember I fucked up my run and missed the phrase at the end of the chorus, but I still had over 500k to get the achievement.

[quote name='modium']That's how I got it, damned if I remember how. Just gotta use the Star Power correctly. I'll give it another run soon to see if it jogs my memory.

Edit: I used my star power 3 times in the song. First two times are in what I'll say is the chorus, because it's the part where they go "always..pushing..to the X-STREAAAM!" ;) It's got a constant mass of chords, so it's worth the most points.

You bank your first 3 star powers and the 4th comes at the beginning of the chorus. After that, activate it and it'll go through the chorus into the next part. You skip the next chorus, keep banking the power. For the third chorus, you'll want to use your star power a little bit before it starts. There's a star power phrase you'll need at the end of the chorus, so you need to experiment to find the right moment to activate it so you get enough notes but don't miss the phrase at the end of the chorus. After you've got that first one from the end of the 3rd chorus, you'll get another phrase a bit into the 'thousand-one' part..just activate it as soon as you get it, since it's all the same from here on in.

I remember I fucked up my run and missed the phrase at the end of the chorus, but I still had over 500k to get the achievement.[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal, thanks for the advice. I will definitely try this strategy when I get home. I was pretty frustrated when I didn't get to 500k, but I soon realized I just needed to place the star power correctly. Also glad to hear I don't need to FC it a THIRD time to get the points. :D

Hey all, finally got my free 360 version. Quick question: I cannot get Star Power to work. Tilting doesn't work, niether does the back button. I remember reading about problems when it first came out, did I somehow get unlucky enough to get a busted one? Thanks.

I thought the problems mainly had to do with the Whammy Bar, which works fine on mine. It may be the game (goofy update? because in menus and stuff, the back button works, it just doesn't activate star power)

[quote name='magiic']I am still choked I can't find a second guitar for this game :mad:[/quote]

That sucks...Im just lucky that my friend has this game too for some good old co-op fun.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hey all, finally got my free 360 version. Quick question: I cannot get Star Power to work. Tilting doesn't work, niether does the back button. I remember reading about problems when it first came out, did I somehow get unlucky enough to get a busted one? Thanks.

I thought the problems mainly had to do with the Whammy Bar, which works fine on mine. It may be the game (goofy update? because in menus and stuff, the back button works, it just doesn't activate star power)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a busted guitar. IIRC, the back button does not activate star power on the 360 version.

bread's done
Back