Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

[quote name='KaneRobot']Then you are going to be disappointed, since they aren't putting "real guitar" controllers with GH3 or Rock Band.

The Xplorer is fine for what it is. Really - "star power that doesn't work?" Bullshit. You do know how to activate it, right?[/QUOTE]

I've played enough GH to know what a guitar controller needs, and I stand by my original statements. In fact, I'll try my damndest to spell it out for you: star power that takes a good 5-6 seconds to kick in? No good. Whammy bar that has a 3-4 second delay from the time you push it in to when you actually see it on the screen? No good. A shorter neck that doesn't do anything besides bring about arthritis quicker? No good. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the tiny start button that makes you take your eyes off the screen, requiring you to restart whichever song you might be in the middle of. Are you getting the picture? No. fucking. Good. Of course, these are just my personal experiences with the Gibson Xplorer, and that must be taken into account. I know not all of them were put together this poorly, but mine was, so what else am I supposed to base my opinion upon? "The Xplorer is fine for what it is." Bullshit. The Xplorer, IMHO, is a fine piece of junk. I can't say for sure that GHIII or RB will feature better guitars, but hey, LIKE I SAID, I'm really hoping that they do. I'm especially excited about the Strat that will come with RB. Solo buttons?! HELL YEAH! One more thing: can you elaborate on what you meant when you said that "they aren't putting 'real guitar' controllers with GH3 or Rock Band?" I don't think I fully understand what you were trying to say. :D

Got this today at Circuit City today for 89.99 for the bundle and a 1600 points. The total was 97 something. Pretty sweet.
Never played before but i've been having a lot of fun so far. My sister, my sister's boyfriend, and my little sister been playing this all night. That alone was the price of admission.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']*rant*[/QUOTE]

This guy is right. I've used the Xplorer, and I find it very lacking compared to even my original SG. Of course, I've grown quite close to my SG, naming it Bessie and all. :D

I guess I'm just awesome then, since I can get my star power to work when I want it to, and my whammy bar works when I use it. Jeez, i don't even play the game that often. 1 second delay? I may give you that.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I guess I'm just awesome then, since I can get my star power to work when I want it to, and my whammy bar works when I use it. Jeez, i don't even play the game that often. 1 second delay? I may give you that.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got your 90 bucks worth. I did not. Case closed.

Everything on my guitar works fine with one exception. The star power is TOO Sensitive. It goes off if I sit up in my chair while playing, only really annoying on Freebird though.

I'm not having the same problems as Mr. Anderson, but I will join him in saying that the SG is far superior to the X. I don't like the shorter neck on the X, and I also don't like that the strum bar is so close to the whammy bar. The shape of the guitar also makes the X flat out harder to play.

Playing the same songs, I always always always do better with the SG. Which makes me feel like a fool because I sold GH1 and 2 for PS2 (but kept the guitars) when the 360 version came out. Now I'm seriously considering rebuying them and dumping the 360 set.

Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 can't come soon enough because, hopefully, those guitars won't suck.

I like the 360 guitar better just because the stum bar feels tighter. I don't know if it makes any sense but when I play with the PS2 one and strum, it feels like the piece doesn't flex back as fast or something.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I was wondering, Can you use hammer ons and pull offs in the DLC.[/quote]

Yes. Don't buy it though, it's a goddamn ripoff. I made the mistake of buying one pack... I played the songs twice each and then never again. Waste of money at the price they're charging.

The only excuse for playing guitar hero while sitting in a chair is recent man on man ass trauma that makes standing impossible, or falling ass-first into a pile of erect gay men ass style trauma that makes standing impossible.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Yes. Don't buy it though, it's a goddamn ripoff. I made the mistake of buying one pack... I played the songs twice each and then never again. Waste of money at the price they're charging.[/quote]

Yea I know, but with the b1g1 at cc I am tempted. I haven't decided yet, because I really don't want to support the cause.

The following Guitar Hero II content is now available on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace:

Content: My Chemical Romance Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS] "Teenagers," "Famous Last Words" and "This is How I Disappear" as performed by My Chemical Romance There are no refunds for this item.

Another song pack I won't be downloading. DLC for GHII had so much potential. Its a shame that it looks like it will never live up to it.

no way, ORIGINAL content in a DLC? hmm, not reall a fan of MCR, but I'll wait for some youtube vids to show if they are any fun to play. may use some of my cheap CC cards points

Regardless of you're a fan of MCR or not, this is a step in the right direction. Three songs previously not in any GH game and master tracks no less.

I'm not a fan of the band, but I'll probably DL since it's new songs to play and it'll be free to me anyways.

I dig this MCR album so I'll probably pick up the pack with my Circuit City points. Hate to support the pricing scheme, but to me it's only like $3, so that's worth it.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']to me it's only like $3[/QUOTE]

NOW it is. The next time you get points at full price, however, you'll be paying full price, since you reinforced, positively, the pricing scheme that Activision set up.

New master tracks are a touch more palatable than GH1 tracks, IMO, but still not worth $6.25.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I dig this MCR album so I'll probably pick up the pack with my Circuit City points. Hate to support the pricing scheme, but to me it's only like $3, so that's worth it.[/QUOTE]

They don't know you only paid half price for it.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Keep staying strong.[/quote]

lol

as for Jav, Id say Teenagers is similar to Dead! the others not really but they are fun

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs[/media]
Famous Last Words

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6EQAOmJrbw[/media]
Teenagers

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjTVzp-ac8I[/media]
This Is How I dissapear

I enjoy The Black Parade immensely, but I doubt I would ever pay for this if I had a 360, even if I did have an excessive number of points. All it would do is add to the problem.

This is better than before but I still can't see paying $6.25 for them (and I've had 1600 points burning a hole in my pocket since March). Oh well.

Off topic: I saw MCR live a couple days ago and they sucked up until the last two songs of their performance. So they're kinda crappy live.
On topic: Yeah it's gonna be hard to justify paying $6.25 for this. I already got fooled into getting one track pack.

Found some videos of the GH tracks:

Teenagers
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eEZSAyOTWbE[/media]

Famous Last Words
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HsSVeUHx0ns[/media]

This is How I Disappear
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9Ggt36_oU[/media]

Hate me all you want, but I have 7000 points that through deals cost me a total of 15 bucks, so I've decided I'll go ahead. I didn't buy any previous ones, but I want to support the idea of new content, even if it's overpriced, it's a step in the right direction.

The rest of my points, though, are def. going to Rock Band (whole albums ftw)

[quote name='TrenoV']Famous Last words was insanely easy to get the 400k score and 1k note streak on hard. At least I thought it was.[/quote]
Hmm...now I'm probably gunna get the pack. :lol:

EDIT: I was about to log onto my 360 and get it, but then I saw my guitar was missing because I left it at one of my friends house.
Damnit!

I agree, unless they come out with some really killer song pack, I won't bite at 500pts. 500pts might be ok for Rock Band packs, as at least then you're getting 4 parts for each song.

[quote name='magnification']Not a huge my chemical romance fan. Not a huge GH II DLC fan.[/quote]

Same, but I AM an achievement fan that still needs a 1,000 note streak.

But nope, I wouldn't pay for anything MCR-related just to get an achievement.

I bought it and enjoyed it, pretty good songs all around, beat them all on expert my first try though, so they weren't too hard.

I just can't believe all you people that think not buying this is going to change anything. What is this the 5th DLC pack? And still the same price. I refused to buy the others because they are just old GH1 songs I can play on the ps2, but I'm all for new songs.

[quote name='mr ryles'] I refused to buy the others because they are just old GH1 songs I can play on the ps2[/QUOTE]

well some of us dont have GH for the ps2. personally id rather spend 12 or 18 bucks on a few songs song packs then go out and spend 120 bucks for a guitar hero bundle and 80s edition.

Lame DLC. They need a Hendrix packs. Message Of Love alone would be worth 500 points. Nah, maybe not. These things cost too damn much. Call me crazy, but I imagine Microsoft pockets more than the royalties that supposedly is why these packs cost so damn much. I just wish they'd meet us halfway and sell individual songs so we don't have to piss away MSPs on one good song and two shitty tracks.

[quote name='menikmati']Same, but I AM an achievement fan that still needs a 1,000 note streak.

But nope, I wouldn't pay for anything MCR-related just to get an achievement.[/QUOTE]

Play X-Stream on Expert to get the 1000 Note Streak and 500,000 point achievements.

"Teenagers" is one of my favorite songs, so this is enticing. Had hey substituted one of the other songs with "Mama", I think I would have caved in. Constantly changing riff + Liza Minelli = $6.25 worth of entertainment.

bread's done
Back