Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

wow, can see why people say difficulty jumps up. Started game on expert and had no trouble until I struggled to beat QueensOTSA on tier 7 (damn 3 button chords) and now im getting my ass beat on tier 8. I beat 1 song and thats it.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']2) Are there any songs other than TTFAF that you can score 750k on? 500k?[/quote]PriestMLH hit 95% on TTFaF and only got 718k, so I doubt it's possible for anyone but the top few GH players in the world to get that achievement with the current setlist. I'm thinking they'll release some epic song in DLC down the line that will make it possible. I cleared 500k easily on Number of the Beast. I think it can also be done on One, Holiday in Cambodia and a few others.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710'] 3) For the buy stuff from the shop achievements do you have to unlock everything or is it like GHII where it means buy everything that is available to you?[/quote]You have to unlock everything. I bought every guitar and finish after finishing expert and I've still yet to get the achievement.

I don't know about co-op yet, sorry.

Picked this up today I still enjoy the game and still probably suck above medium. I playing on easy for now but GH2 I never made it above medium, still think I got like 4 songs to 5 star on that difficulty.... It was my first GH/rthym game and I sucked ass and never invested enough time to get really good. It's a great pick up and play game though! :D

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']1) On coop carreer achievements what level is it when the two people play expert and easy. For beat easy do both people have to be on easy?
[/quote]

During difficulty selection on the Co-op screen it states that the lowest level determines the overall difficulty. I haven't completed on Co-op so I can't say for certain about the achievement. Hopefully I'll have an answer in a week or two since I'm playing Expert Bass and a buddy's playing on Hard.

[quote name='oleander']I think something is wrong with my guitar as well, though I am not sure what it is. All I know is that I can't get a streak going...I rarely even get one long enough for a 2x multiplier (I have gotten up to 4x by some miracle) on EASY. When I checked after completing a song, my average was 1.33. I'm pretty sure I did better the first time I played Guitar Hero (well, maybe the second ;) ). But I'm pretty sure that there's a problem when I have more trouble with Hit Me With Your Best Shot on easy than with Cochise on hard.
And after all the talk about them making the window bigger for hitting notes...[/quote] Well, I did the calibration (as chodax suggested) and it is definitely better...but still not quite right. I played some GH1 for comparison and figured out what was bothering me - it doesn't make any sound (that is, the missed note sound) when I miss notes (well, not always - it still makes the sound when my timing is off or I hit the wrong buttons). I think that means the strum bar is not activating every time I hit it. After changing the way I strum, I'm doing alright (I did get a 200 combo on one song), but it still seems to happen occasionally. I never had this problem with GH1 - if I messed up, it was always because I screwed up the timing or had the wrong fingers down, not because the guitar didn't register something. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm trying to figure out if it is just because the guitar is different (and I just need to get used to it) or because my guitar has some sort of problem (and I should exchange it).

[quote name='oleander']Well, I did the calibration (as chodax suggested) and it is definitely better...but still not quite right. I played some GH1 for comparison and figured out what was bothering me - it doesn't make any sound (that is, the missed note sound) when I miss notes (well, not always - it still makes the sound when my timing is off or I hit the wrong buttons). I think that means the strum bar is not activating every time I hit it. After changing the way I strum, I'm doing alright (I did get a 200 combo on one song), but it still seems to happen occasionally. I never had this problem with GH1 - if I messed up, it was always because I screwed up the timing or had the wrong fingers down, not because the guitar didn't register something. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm trying to figure out if it is just because the guitar is different (and I just need to get used to it) or because my guitar has some sort of problem (and I should exchange it).[/QUOTE]

I played the demo in store tonight and the timing seemed way off. I was only playing on medium and was missing notes left and right.

I didn't have that problem playing the demo with the Xplorer.

First let me say, I hate you all. (Assholes think Section 8 is easy.)

Now I need some help!

I'm now on Section 8 in Carreer Mode on Expert. Am I going to be able to do this?

So far I have tried Number of the Beast (and lost althought it doesnt seem THAT hard) and i've tried One and lost, only because of the Fast Solo A part. I just fail when I get to it. Even with full star power.

(I have a conspiracy that you fail faster on Section 8 songs...)

How the hell do you do Fast Solo A in One Expert?! Any tips? And any tips on which song out of the four is easiest?

I've sorta taken issue with my guitar too - I tried calibrating the lag to 10ms and that actually seemed to help although I'm not convinced it's a lag issue really. What seems to be off for me is the fast, repetitive single note streaks. I know my rhythm is right because I've been able to do it on all the other gh games on ps2 so I think it could be a strum bar issue - but possibly a lag one as well - hard for me to tell. I am on a hd front projector system - but I've played my ps2 gh games on it as well and not had to do anything at all about lag. I'm gonna get gh2 for 360 soon so I'll get to try the explorer guitar and compare the two. Actually, I think my favorite gh is rocks the 80s.

I haven't had any problems with lag so far. Hell, I ran the lag calibration with the Les Paul and ended up with 0 ms. I've only used the X-plorer for maybe 30 minutes, but I didn't have any problems playing with that, either.

Add me to the list of people who have had problems with the les paul controller and GH3. I tried using the Les paul controller in GH2 and I FAILED MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE ON EXPERT. And i've beaten freebird on expert! I think one of the main problems is the detachable neck.

I haven't used the Xplorer in GH3 long enough to see wether it is the game or the controller that has a problem. It could be both, But in either case I am disappointed with GH3.

I have returned my second GH3 controller. First one was doa, second one the green button liked to stop working, seemed to have a loose connection with the neck and the base.

K, so I beat Number of the Beast and Cliffs of Dover.

I can't do the ShaqFuing FAST SOLO A on ONE and Mosh 1 on Raining Blood.

I can sort of do Fast SOLO A on ONE if I flip my hands so my fingers are pointing at the floor, but its to hard to do mid song. . . any other tips? You guys couldnt possibly just DO IT. . .

[quote name='red flare graf']I'm stuck on Solo A as well. I figure I'll just come back to it later.. Shit that stumps me in this game just tends to come to me all of a sudden.[/quote]

I have to invent something to play it for me.

Like what CheapyD is doing. Create an asian baby. Those things can do anything.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']K, so I beat Number of the Beast and Cliffs of Dover.

I can't do the ShaqFuing FAST SOLO A on ONE and Mosh 1 on Raining Blood.

I can sort of do Fast SOLO A on ONE if I flip my hands so my fingers are pointing at the floor, but its to hard to do mid song. . . any other tips? You guys couldnt possibly just DO IT. . .[/quote]In a part like that, it helps to know the pattern (which if you go into practice mode, is easy enough to get down) and strum often. I just played it through again and don't think I ever dipped into the green. The notes are so fast that you have to give up hope of getting it down to the point where you'll see any X4 multipliers (or X2, for that matter). Just try to use your first 3 fingers to get the 1-2-3 pattern down as well as you can and strum like crazy. If you keep failing, just head to practice mode and work on it from the slowest setting.

And, the same goes for Raining Blood, somewhat. I failed on it 15 times in a row before I finally managed to use my SP and get lucky in Mosh 1. After that, I just couldn't pass it. I thought I'd gotten it down and posted in this thread, but that was just luck. But, I've found a very consistant way of passing Mosh 1 is simply to just strum every single note. It's easy just to trust your fingers to do their HO/PO magic, and it'll work sometimes, but you need to get both hands working to have a fighting chance. Again, just go into practice mode to get your left hand moving the right way and keep playing to learn the strumming pattern. But believe me, it definitely works once you get the hang of it.

im still messing around in medium.. ONE was hard even on medium.. i think the solo parts were insane

gh3 still seems harder for me. Atleast in 2 i was mostly on hard and pulled off a few experts

[quote name='Maynard']MWA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA I beat RAINING BLOOD FINALLY! UGH god that feels great.[/quote]

only to be greeted by a fucking ridiculous guitar battle. Phenominal.

The Boss Battles are totally unbalanced and they are ruining the game for me. I cannot seem to beat Slash on Hard (I've tried like 20 times) yet I haven't failed a single song on hard up until this point. WTF? I went back to try on medium and even though I was 5-starring every song with 4-5 perfects in there (first time through) I still got my ass beat by Slash 4 times before getting past him in Medium. WTF?????

[quote name='Maynard']only to be greeted by a fucking ridiculous guitar battle. Phenominal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was all like "WOOHOO, I BEAT RAINING BLOOD! HERE I COME LOU!" I have yet to finish the game. :cry:

I dont know...but im the 8th tier and man this is insane....

Everything else was pretty simple....it seems that this game on hard is easier than GH2. At least for me....

[quote name='JokerCard']I dont know...but im the 8th tier and man this is insane....

Everything else was pretty simple....it seems that this game on hard is easier than GH2. At least for me....[/quote]
I honestly feel the same way. After going through this game I'm curious how my skills have changed or improved when i play GH2 now.

I can't even pass Mosh1 on anything but the Slowest practice mode setting. I can get thru other songs on Expert on the first try though. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. And I actually play real guitar....

damn it...the only song i can't get through on hard is the Slayer song. I think it's called Raining Blood.

It kills me everytime.

[quote name='javeryh']The Boss Battles are totally unbalanced and they are ruining the game for me. I cannot seem to beat Slash on Hard (I've tried like 20 times) yet I haven't failed a single song on hard up until this point. WTF? I went back to try on medium and even though I was 5-starring every song with 4-5 perfects in there (first time through) I still got my ass beat by Slash 4 times before getting past him in Medium. WTF?????[/QUOTE]

Stack the fucking powerups.

I find that if you wait to use your power ups when battling and use it only when the opponent is about to get a power up, it ruins them more.

That way, the opponents power ups get lost and it trips them up without you getting frustrated from the constant use of power ups against you.

At least that worked for me...

And nope....GH2 is still hard for me. Im playing on hard in both games....might be the guitars though as im still using the x-plorer with GH2

Got the game yesterday and my guitar works great. The red button didn't work for the first few minutes but after pressing it a few times it works great. I've been playing through on hard and am on the 4th tier (have 5 starred 3 of the 4 so far) and I've yet to fail a song. I say things will change when I hit the later tiers and/or expert mode.

i got gh2 when it first came out for 360... almost 5 starred all career songs but couldnt pass jordan.. i got six easily though

in gh3... ive beaten expert career already.. (lou and raining blood was only hard songs) and i can get through the intro on dragonforce... should beat that soon

I'm stuck on Slayer on Expert as well, can't seem to get past the first Mosh section. Gotten through all the other songs on Expert though, so at least I only have to focus on one song for now. Played some online co-op last night which was pretty fun, also played through co-op career today with a friend and unlocked the co-op encore songs for single player quickplay.

Still haven't gotten either [I tried re-registering] of my confirmation emails from Guitarherocode dot-com .:bomb:

I want my extra songs .

EDIT I got my code from my 2nd registration .

3's and 7's on expert is destroying the hell out of me. I can't do fast triple-chords.

Then again, it might be because I've never learned how to use my pinky on this game.

Mosh1 isn't that bad once you get the pattern. It is just hammer offs in 4's really fast. There is a slight delay after each set of 4, which is what I think really throws people off.

[quote name='DrazenX']i got gh2 when it first came out for 360... almost 5 starred all career songs but couldnt pass jordan.. i got six easily though

in gh3... ive beaten expert career already.. (lou and raining blood was only hard songs) and i can get through the intro on dragonforce... should beat that soon[/quote]

You have the biggest EPenis. Keep proving it to us, so we can showering you with compliments.

i hope they release a dethklok download pack, id actually get that one.

this past weekend after a few beers i figured out my dream song...

[MEDIA]http://ia300108.us.archive.org/0/items/rangerrangerMightyMorphinPowerRangersthemeFullVersionmp3/Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_theme_Full_Version.mp3[/MEDIA]

I finally beat HiC on expert last night. The intro was a nightmare, but I was still able to 4* it on a sightread. Beat Slash on my 1st try by loading up 3 power-ups and then lettin' loose.

[quote name='seanr1221']Oddly, I have no desire to even try online play.[/QUOTE]

With the exception of that viral achievement (did we ever find out if it was only from the neversoft developers exclusively?), I'm in the same boat. Its more fun playing with the missus than getting bitched at because I can't play anything higher than medium.

bread's done
Back