Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

[quote name='gunm']Ugh, got the same canned denial response. Of course I have to try again, as some people getting it waived and others not is just lame.

Hopefully they'll escalate my request to someone who actually cares about their customers instead the mindless drone who's spouting off policy rather than legitimately trying to help us.[/quote]
Try a more rude/forceful email. After three useless "$100 or more" responses, I sent an email detailing step by step how my order was not $100, but the free shipping is still advertised despite this, and that I knew others who ordered the same thing I did, sent an email, and had shipping waived. The next reply said my shipping would be waived.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I'm kinda late to this thread although I've been watching it for awhile.

Was there ever an Elite PS2 bundle? Or is the 2P PS2 the "elite" bundle?[/quote]

I don't believe so. I was checking a few days ago for a friend if mine who only has a PS2 and they didn't have a PS@ Elite bundle, only the bundle with the bag, keychain and strap.

[quote name='Rocko']Try a more rude/forceful email. After three useless "$100 or more" responses, I sent an email detailing step by step how my order was not $100, but the free shipping is still advertised despite this, and that I knew others who ordered the same thing I did, sent an email, and had shipping waived. The next reply said my shipping would be waived.[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement, and glad you got yours taken care of.

[quote name='gunm']Thanks for the encouragement, and glad you got yours taken care of.[/quote]

No problem, and thanks. Let us know how it goes.

Well, the Wii Elite Bundle is gone. Is any other store offering the Elite bundle or was it a RedOctane exclusive?

[quote name='Deduce']Well, the Wii Elite Bundle is gone. Is any other store offering the Elite bundle or was it a RedOctane exclusive?[/quote]

RedOctane exclusive.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']tempting, but promo shirts always tend to be XL and i'm a M.[/quote]
yeah I got the same problem lol the 80's guitar hero came with shirts in mediem this one should have too o well.

coldlife, thanks so much for posting this! I set a goal on gaminglagoon to earn enough points for GHIII and I ordered the standard Wii bundle with the points I earned! Awesome!

mariomania88, that would have been nice to have! Nice find!

EDIT: I just tried to confirm the fiveoff coupon. It works, but it can't be stacked with the freeground coupon. So choose one or the other!

[quote name='mariomania88']There's a new code now, fiveoff, which gives 5% off. It says it isn't valid for pre-orders but I tried it and it works.[/quote]

The code works, but it won't be stacked with the freeground code once you try to check out...Just enter the zipcode and state, you'll see what I mean.

[quote name='trunks982']i only save 49 cents when i choose free shipping instead of 5%[/QUOTE]

Only 49 cents? What kind of cheap ass gamer are you?

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Only 49 cents? What kind of cheap ass gamer are you?[/QUOTE]

lol. thats how much different it is.
well, i missed the 10% off with the elite bundle. so i just ordered this time the regular bundle with the free shipping.

[quote name='kanashimaru']Anyone know if I'll receive the item on the street date?[/quote]No we don't know. If you chose ground, maybe not. But the OP or one of the first posters did say that they ordered GHII from them with free ground shipping and that arrived on the street date. So it's a possibility, but you're getting free shipping, so don't expect it.

But still, we can't expect it to arrive on the street date. That'll just lead to disappointment and bitching on the boards. So if you get it, freaking awesome, if not, well, you get what you paid for.

[quote name='iowaholdem']But still, we can't expect it to arrive on the street date. That'll just lead to disappointment and bitching on the boards. So if you get it, freaking awesome, if not, well, you get what you paid for.[/quote]

Agrreed, but then again, I get it cheaper, shipped to me, and all the goodies.

i guess im gonna stick to this deal. but i dont know about saving $15 at familyvideo with no extras and waiting for at least a week.

[quote name='Brymo']I did free ship, ground, and got GH2 on street date.[/quote]

Just a small question about it, did you get it on the release date or the date when stores have them? For example, GH3 is on 10/28, will I receive it on 28th or 29th?

Hmmm. . .fiveoff stacked for me. . .I entered the freeground code at the cart page and the fiveoff code at the checkout page and I got free shipping and 5% off. Total was 94.99 shipped for the 360 bundle.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Hmmm. . .fiveoff stacked for me. . .I entered the freeground code at the cart page and the fiveoff code at the checkout page and I got free shipping and 5% off. Total was 94.99 shipped for the 360 bundle.[/quote]
That didn't work for me. I just tried it on the Wii bundle and when I put in the fiveoff on the checkout page, it reverted my shipping back to $4.99, so a savings of negative $0.50.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Hmmm. . .fiveoff stacked for me. . .I entered the freeground code at the cart page and the fiveoff code at the checkout page and I got free shipping and 5% off. Total was 94.99 shipped for the 360 bundle.[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend tried this and was not able to get the 2 codes to stack.

It's just annoying that they have free shipping on all orders over $100 and the PS3/360 bundles are $99.99

I just played the demo today on the new guitar for 360.

Man the guitar feels fantastic, especially the buttons, but the whammy bar feels like there's less spring to it. Hammer-on's and pull-offs are WAY more easier to do now, like almost to an "Are you kidding me? I just hit that?!" Degree (like long chain heavy solo's now aren't as *gasp* inducing).

The wait seems all the more longer for the bundle now...

[quote name='bardockkun']I just played the demo today on the new guitar for 360.

Man the guitar feels fantastic, especially the buttons, but the whammy bar feels like there's less spring to it. Hammer-on's and pull-offs are WAY more easier to do now, like almost to an "Are you kidding me? I just hit that?!" Degree (like long chain heavy solo's now aren't as *gasp* inducing).

The wait seems all the more longer for the bundle now...[/quote]

Sounds good. I never played a GH game until 2 came out for 360. I been having the most troubles with notes that need hammer ons/offs and I know I am doing it correctly.

I haven't quite figured out the hammer ons/offs myself. I only borrowed the game for two weeks though. I'm buying III so hopefully that will help.

[quote name='bardockkun']I just played the demo today on the new guitar for 360...[/quote]

is that guitar available to buy now?

[quote name='pyser']is that guitar available to buy now?[/quote]
Nah it was at my local Gamecrazy. I think they got sent it with the demo, but didn't ask...was kinda occupied.

Does anyone know what the MSRP for the guitars is going to be? I need to burn my PrizeRebel points on amazon.com for an extra Wii guitar!

According to earlier posts in the thread, people got it the day of or the day after the release date. I don't know what different types of shipping they picked though. :)

[quote name='devildog820']According to earlier posts in the thread, people got it the day of or the day after the release date. I don't know what different types of shipping they picked though. :)[/QUOTE]

What does anyone think might come of this since the game now comes out on a sunday. It would really be amazing if we got it the friday beforehand.

Personally, I'll be happy if I get the bundle (ordered the Wii Elite myself) any time during the week following the release date.

[quote name='bardockkun']Nah it was at my local Gamecrazy. I think they got sent it with the demo, but didn't ask...was kinda occupied.[/quote]

Was the 360 guitar wireless, and if so what kind of battery pack did it have? A standard 360-looking pack meaning we could use the rechargable packs?

bread's done
Back