Guitar Hero thoughts and discussion

My guitar was in the plastic bag, and had foam around both the end of the whammy bar and the end of the plug that goes into the PS2.

The oddest thing about mine was that the open end of the bag wasn't even folded back to make it seemed new and a bit of the paper was torn to a noticeable extent, as if someone haphazardly took it out of the box.

Was the open end of the bag folded back to hide the open end for anyone else?

[quote name='Bezerker']i think thats the reason why he wont listen to them, theyre not rap.

Cuz you know only uncool ppl listen to Megadeth, Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Black Label Society & Pantera.

This game is really cool, its a lot more fun playing songs that i actually know (rather than games like Guitar Freaks & Gitaroo Man). Though i do not have a guitar controller, the normal ps2 controller seems to work fine.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck don't you have the guitar controller? Why would you even get the game without it? It makes no sense!

I've just got "Bark at the Moon" left on medium, and then it's time to get raped by hard.[quote name='CouRageouS']So what is everyone naming their Bands? I named mine The Exits, from one of my favorite episodes of Boy Meets World.[/QUOTE]My band name is "M.D.K." for "Murder Death Kill". :cool: :lol:

I owned medium, and can fairly easily do everything on hard except Frankenstein and Bark at the Moon. I can just bairly pass Frank. but can't even get close to half way in Bark at the Moon. I think I'll try out Expert mode next. Insane is the only way to play Amplitude/Frequency, so I should be able to manage.

PS: I LOVE THIS GAME! (and Harmonix needs to make it a long running series)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've just got "Bark at the Moon" left on medium, and then it's time to get raped by hard.My band name is "M.D.K." for "Murder Death Kill". :cool: :lol:[/QUOTE]

I remember those games, they were fun (and really, hard mode isn't really bad, you just gotta get used to using the fifth button)

Again, if the guitar is fine, why do you care?

Edit: Talking to exRounder. About 5 or 6 posts got added by the time I typed my reply since I was afk for awhile.

[quote name='evilmax17']Anyone on expert yet?[/QUOTE]

Just started, and so far it seems more of an endurance test than really all that harder

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've just got "Bark at the Moon" left on medium, and then it's time to get raped by hard.My band name is "M.D.K." for "Murder Death Kill". :cool: :lol:[/QUOTE]
Or "Max, Dr. Hawkins, & Kurt?"

Anyone else notice the fun trippy effect of looking at a stationary object after finishing a round of this game (Amplitude and Frequency induced the same effect by the way). Because your eyes are used to the scrolling screen, looking at, say, a poster causes the image to ooze around and warp for a shorty while, it's crazy and fun, like a legal drug!

[quote name='evanft']Why the fuck don't you have the guitar controller? Why would you even get the game without it? It makes no sense![/QUOTE]

Sounds like he downloaded it, shame shame, give the developers some money, this is a great game, and I would love to see a sequel wtih Rammstein in it.

[quote name='doomlv20']Sounds like he downloaded it, shame shame, give the developers some money, this is a great game, and I would love to see a sequel wtih Rammstein in it.[/QUOTE]

YES!

That is all.

[quote name='btw1217']YES!

That is all.[/QUOTE]
lol, just imagine Du Hast....I don't think I would be able to beat that on easy, hell, they could just relase a whole Rammstein version, every song, and I would never beat it.

[quote name='Zmonkay'] (and Harmonix needs to make it a long running series)[/QUOTE]

The Harmonix Devs at the official GH forums have already confirmed a sequel is in the works.

I finally got my two guitar bundle today and I must say this game kicks ass! No opportunity has arisen yet for the second guitar to be used, but I can't wait to play against someone else.

[quote name='Backlash']Again, if the guitar is fine, why do you care?[/QUOTE]

I bought it as "New." I expect it as "no one's touched the contents since production" new, not "it's in working condition but some prick employees decided to play with it before me" new.

Why the hell do you care that I care? If you're not gonna post anything about it, why waste your worthless energy typing to complain?

Actually, I did make an informative post about. You posted the question more than once in this thead and also made a separate thread about it, which seems a bit excessive.

Just picked it up at Best Buy today. All I get to do is look at it until the weekend though...no PS2 here in the dorm. :cry:

Are the stickers to be placed on the guitar? I'm thinking yes, but if so, are they to be placed wherever you want to put them? (I just want them in the right spot, if they are to be placed on the guitar...)

[quote name='Zmonkay']I remember those games, they were fun (and really, hard mode isn't really bad, you just gotta get used to using the fifth button)[/QUOTE]It's more like my hands get tired before the end of the song. :oops:[quote name='dafunkk12']Or "Max, Dr. Hawkins, & Kurt?"[/QUOTE]:lol:
[quote name='Logain8955']The Harmonix Devs at the official GH forums have already confirmed a sequel is in the works.[/QUOTE]:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:[/QUOTE]

Seconded:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I played it briefly. It was ok for about 10 minutes but I wouldn't spend any money on it.

However, this is the only music/rhythm game I've ever even bothered to try out, so I guess it must be good for those that like that kind of thing.

[quote name='Logain8955']The Harmonix Devs at the official GH forums have already confirmed a sequel is in the works.[/QUOTE]

Then they can correct the odd omission of AC/DC. I don't even like AC/DC that much, but no "Highway to Hell?" Come on!

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Then they can correct the odd omission of AC/DC. I don't even like AC/DC that much, but no "Highway to Hell?" Come on![/QUOTE]

I was wondering where AC/DC was, too... Also, where are Van Halen and Weezer? I'm sure it was some sort of licensing problem, but I hope that now that this game is a success, more groups will come on board for the sequel.

Game is damn hard. I think I jsut suck at rhythm games. I mean it took me about 13 tries to get past the first guy then about 15 to ge past the UFO and I still havent got past the Beeman. Although I am getting better, I can beat the first guy without fail now.

Overall its a pretty kick ass game, I can see why people would pay big bucks for it. Great music, fun gameplay and pretty graphics. Multiplayer seems tons of fun as well, I'll have to try it with a person next.

[quote name='Rig']Are the stickers to be placed on the guitar? I'm thinking yes, but if so, are they to be placed wherever you want to put them? (I just want them in the right spot, if they are to be placed on the guitar...)[/QUOTE]

The stickers are to be put on the guitar however you want, don't need to put them on at all. There's actually quite a bit of modding on these controllers. I plan on painting mine up once I get some money, I'll make sure to post when I have it done :D

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Then they can correct the odd omission of AC/DC. I don't even like AC/DC that much, but no "Highway to Hell?" Come on![/QUOTE]

It was a licensing issue, from what I hear. It's the same reason why there's no Led Zepplin in GH.

[quote name='Logain8955']
It was a licensing issue, from what I hear. It's the same reason why there's no Led Zepplin in GH.[/QUOTE]

It does seem odd that with all the great bands out there GH has both Black Sabbath and Ozzy. I would like to have seen Ozzy replaced with some other band, but oh well.

[quote name='Backlash']It does seem odd that with all the great bands out there GH has both Black Sabbath and Ozzy. I would like to have seen Ozzy replaced with some other band, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

They could probably make an Ozzy Special Edition GH, there are so many good Black Sabbath and Ozzy guitar songs. I really do hope they can get more groups for the sequel, and possibly even the original lyrics, the covers for some of the songs are a little grating.

[quote name='Zmonkay']They could probably make an Ozzy Special Edition GH, there are so many good Black Sabbath and Ozzy guitar songs. I really do hope they can get more groups for the sequel, and possibly even the original lyrics, the covers for some of the songs are a little grating.[/QUOTE]

I thought all the covers were well done. Personally I want to see some special edition guitar controllers! :lol:

Agreed, most of the covers are extremely well done. Compare to other music games with songs not done by the original artisits. I'm especially impressed with how close some of the singers come to the original singers. It really does sound like Rob Zombie on Thunderkiss 65, for example. Of course, there will always be some misses - nobody else sounds like Dave Mustaine (from Megadeth).

Is it just me or does anyone else get high squeals coming through their speakers when playing this game? It doesn't really happen during gameplay, but it's most notable and annoying when navigating the menus and such. What could be causing this? I know it's not the setup since I've played on two different systems/sets of speakers and it happens on both.

I've had the game 4 days and I've finally beaten medium mode. Bark at the Moon is hard as fuck. I didn't have trouble with Crossroads but did for this. I have no idea how I'm going to beat it again on hard, much less expert.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']I've had the game 4 days and I've finally beaten medium mode. Bark at the Moon is hard as fuck. I didn't have trouble with Crossroads but did for this. I have no idea how I'm going to beat it again on hard, much less expert.[/QUOTE]

Bark at the Moon is INSANE. I can only get about 62% through it in expert. (actually, the last 3 songs are the only songs I can't do on expert, though I can get about 75% through Frankenstein) I really gotta master those hammer ons and pull offs. I hope in the sequel they let you practice individual parts of the song, or at least the solos (the solos are what always kill me, everything else is a no brainer)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is it just me or does anyone else get high squeals coming through their speakers when playing this game? It doesn't really happen during gameplay, but it's most notable and annoying when navigating the menus and such. What could be causing this? I know it's not the setup since I've played on two different systems/sets of speakers and it happens on both.[/QUOTE]

The menu sounds are of a band tuning up and getting ready to play. It might just be that which is causing the squeals. I haven't heard anything major though.

[quote name='Backlash']Agreed, most of the covers are extremely well done. Compare to other music games with songs not done by the original artisits. I'm especially impressed with how close some of the singers come to the original singers. It really does sound like Rob Zombie on Thunderkiss 65, for example. Of course, there will always be some misses - nobody else sounds like Dave Mustaine (from Megadeth).[/QUOTE]

Actually, now that I've played through more of the game, the songs from the first two sets seem to be much better done that the later ones. The later ones somehow have the singing too quiet and the music too loud; I can hardly hear the vocals and the music is a bit too bassy or something.

[quote name='Logain8955']The menu sounds are of a band tuning up and getting ready to play. It might just be that which is causing the squeals. I haven't heard anything major though.[/QUOTE]
I guess that's what it is. It's still annoying as hell though and I wish that Harmonix had thought the menu music through a little more so that this wasn't a problem.

[quote name='Backlash']Actually, now that I've played through more of the game, the songs from the first two sets seem to be much better done that the later ones. The later ones somehow have the singing too quiet and the music too loud; I can hardly hear the vocals and the music is a bit too bassy or something.[/QUOTE]

This is true but it's the music that is the star and not the vocals.

Earlier tonite, I completed Unsung with a 5-star rating, 98% notes, and a 228-note streak.

... On Expert.

Who wants to fucking touch me?

EDIT: I'm not doubting you, but:
[quote name='Logain8955']The Harmonix Devs at the official GH forums have already confirmed a sequel is in the works.[/QUOTE]

Link. NOW. Again, I'm not saying I think it isn't true; in fact, I've never wanted something to be more true in my entire life.

I went to EB yesterday to pick up my DQ8 preorder...

I saw they had 1 Guitar Hero Left... told my GF i want that for X-MAS...

she bought it rite away... only thing is I gotta wait for X-max to play it.. DAMN!

I envy everybody who is currently playing it...

[quote name='Spoon_si']only thing is I gotta wait for X-max to play it[/QUOTE]

I'm hereby commissioning that Christmas forever be referred to as X-MAX.

[quote name='Ledhed']

Link. NOW. Again, I'm not saying I think it isn't true; in fact, I've never wanted something to be more true in my entire life.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I can find it, I'll post it for ya :) It happened before I joined those forums and my search skillz are for the suck. A couple of other interesting notes:

A canadian release of GH is due out in December. This release wasn't planned from the beginning and they've been scrambling to get it out ASAP. (Some places in Canada are reporting 50+ preorders. Insanity.) This has pushed back the seperate guitar controllers even further. A PAL release is also forthcoming, but they have no idea when.

An Amp/FreQ sequel is never happening. Sony owns the franchise and refuses to either make another one or sell it back to Harmonix. Asssuckers.

Anyway, you guys should hop over and check out the GH forums. It's got a nice community going, and both the senior producer from RO and the HMX art director regularly contribute. It's at forum.guitarherogame.com

[quote name='Ledhed']I'm hereby commissioning that Christmas forever be referred to as X-MAX.[/QUOTE]
Hah! didn't bother to edit it since, I didn't think no one would catch it...

[quote name='Logain8955']As soon as I can find it, I'll post it for ya :)[/QUOTE]

You don't have to worry about it. I went to the forum myself, and saw enough to convince me that it is in fact happening. The only question now is when.

I just got my multiplayer bundle. This game rocks. Literally (har har). Its way harder than I thought though. I figured since I play a little guitar, I'd be able to do medium okay... Smoke on the Water destroyed that dream. Multiplayer is fun though, you really get into it.

[quote name='Ledhed']Earlier tonite, I completed Unsung with a 5-star rating, 98% notes, and a 228-note streak.

... On Expert.

Who wants to fucking touch me?[/QUOTE]I need to play more, I haven't even gotten to the third set of songs on hard. :oops:

[quote name='Ledhed']Earlier tonite, I completed Unsung with a 5-star rating, 98% notes, and a 228-note streak.

... On Expert.

Who wants to fucking touch me?[/QUOTE]

Boy, you know how to rock out to some Helmet, boy.

bread's done
Back