Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

I've actually played the game at activision for a survey, and Lest I say that the song list is the best that has ever come out. I can't let any info out because I signed an agreement but I must say that there are definetely different types of songs this time around. Beat it. Period.

[quote name='shieryda']Is he merely a boss, or will they actually have a track in there by him?[/QUOTE]

He said he had to put on the mo-cap suit , so I'd imagine he's a boss .

Stranglehold is probably the song he plays with you after he's defeated .

Sounds like Travis Barker will be in the game too:

The not at all English website InsiderGamer posted a new Guitar Hero World Tour video that gives us a better look at the game's drum set, the design process behind it and a first look at Blink 182's Travis Barker in a mo-cap suit. For realz! You can view the video after the jump and take in all the World Tour drumming that it has to offer including velocity sensitive drum pads, which we admit are so very next gen.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/23/video-the-drums-of-guitar-hero-world-tour/

I placed an order for the full bundle..............

I shouldn't get it, but I know I'll decide to at the last minute

I don't know why they keep trying to "perform" with these rhythm games. Everyone's looking at the screen and barely moving.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's a video of the game in action:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid452319854/bctid1576242596
[/quote]
:lol: Tony Hawk is playing it! GHIV is officially extreme. Extreme to the max.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like its 2 guitars, 1 mic and the drumset. Website pretty much confirms it:
http://www.guitarhero.com/us/[/QUOTE]
What does it confirm? That the band bundle comes with two guitars? I don't think that front picture really confirms anything. Though a $90 difference between the two bundles for just the drums is insane.

[quote name='CouRageouS']
What does it confirm? That the band bundle comes with two guitars? I don't think that front picture really confirms anything. Though a $90 difference between the two bundles for just the drums is insane.[/quote]

Oh, I meant to say it confirms what the near $200 bundle contains.

I wouldn't say it confirms much. I think its a given the band kit would have a guitar/mic/drums in it. However just because the front picture shows two guitars, doesn't mean it includes two. Thats wishful thinking.

[quote name='CouRageouS']:lol: Tony Hawk is playing it! GHIV is officially extreme. Extreme to the max.
[/quote]
BULLSHIT! If he was extreme he would slam a Mountain Dew and smack Paula Abdul with his plastic guitar! X-TREMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

[quote name='CouRageouS']I wouldn't say it confirms much. I think its a given the band kit would have a guitar/mic/drums in it. However just because the front picture shows two guitars, doesn't mean it includes two. Thats wishful thinking.[/quote]

Well that's why I said "pretty much". With RB was $170 right? and GHWT $190...so for $20 would it be possible to throw in another Guitar...:whistle2:k
To compete with the RB set they might just have to.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well that's why I said "pretty much". With RB was $170 right? and GHWT $190...so for $20 would it be possible to throw in another Guitar...:whistle2:k
To compete with the RB set they might just have to.[/quote]
I kinda doubt that, simply because RedOctane charged an extra $10 just for wireless guitar (compared to their wired bundles). Since everything is wireless out the box, I don't think it's far fetched to call the extra $20 a "wireless fee." Though would love to be proven wrong.

[quote name='bardockkun']I kinda doubt that, simply because RedOctane charged an extra $10 just for wireless guitar (compared to their wired bundles). Since everything is wireless out the box, I don't think it's far fetched to call the extra $20 a "wireless fee." Though would love to be proven wrong.[/quote]

That's right, the drums are supposed to be completely wireless, that extra $20 would make sense.

I'm in for Game + Drums, if EA is generous enough to allow for GHIV hardware in Rock Band. I guess the colors of the drum pads wouldn't match the screen in that case, but I can deal with that if I have to.

The GH drums go RYBOG, not even including the pedal. It wasn't visible in the video but I think its safe to assume its going to use a horizontal strip note like RB for it. While the RB drums are RYBG, I suppose they could just allow a mode where you can remove the orange and use the RB drums. That would be if they were cool. They aren't though because they want you to buy and use their drums.

It is however feasible that the GH drums will work with RB since you'd just have to ignore the orange cymbal. If thats the case I could possibly see some players snagging the GH set since its wireless and arguably positioned better.

[quote name='shieryda']http://kotaku.com/5016620/guitar-hero-world-tours-new-guitar-control-revealed-priced[/quote]

"New touch-sensitive guitar Neck Slide opens up the entire guitar neck for unbound solos - shred how you want," says the leaked docs. Word up to this point had promised an upgraded guitar but no details.
The game will also roll out with drums with cymbals, and a mike, which we knew. The drums are wireless and will have quiet pads.
At this rate, GH and Rock Band enthusiasts will have a garage full of obsolete instruments, and this kit is likely to set you back $179.99. But that money also buys you tracks from Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, System of a Down, Ozzy Osbourne, Interpol, Muse "and dozens more".
The Doors — let's keep an eye on that one. Drummer John Densmore is notorious for refusing to license Doors tracks, memorably turning down $15 million from Cadillac and criticizing other band members' materialism. The band's unanimous consent is required for any licensing deal, and Densmore has been the only holdout, with one exception: he did agree to allow "Riders on the Storm" to be used in a Pirelli advertisement in the UK only, but later said he'd heard Jim Morrison's voice and sent his portion of the take to charity. If Guitar Hero has truly landed the Doors, it's a big change to how that band has carried on, post-Morrison.

Looking good, love the bands so far!

Also, don't know if this is blasphemous or not, but is it really a big deal if The Doors are on this? Great band and all, but I don't think they were a band GH or RB fans were clamoring for. If it was Zep or AC/DC I'd understand, but The Doors? Not so much...

[quote name='bardockkun']Also, don't know if this is blasphemous or not, but is it really a big deal if The Doors are on this? Great band and all, but I don't think they were a band GH or RB fans were clamoring for. If it was Zep or AC/DC I'd understand, but The Doors? Not so much...[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but they are still one of the biggest bands ever and to Joe Blow looking at box art between this and RB2, the Doors are a big draw.

[quote name='bardockkun']Also, don't know if this is blasphemous or not, but is it really a big deal if The Doors are on this? Great band and all, but I don't think they were a band GH or RB fans were clamoring for. If it was Zep or AC/DC I'd understand, but The Doors? Not so much...[/quote]

The Doors inclusion is nice, but I'd much prefer AC/DC (or even Queensryche).

[quote name='shieryda']The Doors inclusion is nice, but I'd much prefer AC/DC (or even Queensryche).[/quote]

I'd wet myself with glee if AC/DC came out on this, or for Rock Band. The Doors... notsomuch. It's personal taste, of course, but to me, The Doors aren't even that great a band, let alone something I wanna play along with.

I'll be curious to see more of the real track list... the bands they've mentioned so far don't thrill me much at all :( And I can't imagine paying $190 for this, with how disappointing the GHIII DLC has been... I think they're gonna have a lot to prove.

I'm not getting into a pissing contest... and music IS a matter of taste
but I'm gonna throw in my hat for:

The Doors >>> AC/DC

But then again I'm 30, and heard A LOT of Doors growing up from the older kids I hung out with. I guess it's similar to how people view Pink Floyd or the The Beatles... I see them as Gods... other people see as o.k. bands. Difference in taste

foo fighters and the pumpkins are the ones to draw me in. generally, i like the RB songs and RB DLC better than GH, but if GH is expanding it's genres so it isn't mostly hard rock, that could make the fight more interesting (and more similar)

I don't think anyone can dispute that the Doors are legendary. If you do you are quite naive. They are up there with the Stones, Zep, Beatles, AC/DC, Floyd, etc. It's just they are more polarizing than the other bands. It's a matter of taste. It's a safe bet it will be one of the mainstream hits, but personally I'd like the track to be one of the epics. Riders or the End.

[quote name='PleasantOne']
with how disappointing the GHIII DLC has been... I think they're gonna have a lot to prove.[/QUOTE]

Prove to who? Let's look at the numbers and assume that half of the Rock Band fans have a problem with GHIII/Activision. That's a good starting point, yes? If so then you are looking at roughly 1.3 million people out of the 2.5 million Rock Band customers that won't be interested. By comparison, there are nearly 12 million GHIII customers. People that think Activision has something to prove are in the severe minority. GHIII fans will eat this up.

Corvin
Your forgetting that people don't buy rock band because of the price and the non challenging guitar songs. I bought GH3 for $60 and beat in on expert. There is no point in me buying rock band game only because it would be boring, So unless I buy the $170 bundle I don't buy rock band. A lot of GH fans will shy away from GH4 for the same reason. I have rock band because I managed to get the whole set for around $50, and unless the song list blows me away or the guitar is as hard or harder than GH3, I will not buy GH4 even though GH has been my favorite guitar game since it came out.

I'll be buying the game only for guitar as will my brother and a couple of friends who already have rock band. I have no use for a second set of drums, neither do they. Sure, it's anecdotal but, it's something. Maybe I'll get lucky and still be able to use a mic. So even without the drums you may be able to have guitar, bass & vocals. (assuming you have a guitar or two already) That's not to shabby for just getting the $60 game. That makes the drums look like a $120 investment if you are looking at the bundle.

I won't lie, its shaping up to be a lot better than I thought it would. Still, with me already having Rockband, this is a guranteed no-buy. I can't waste this much cash.

If the drums work with Rock Band like the Les Paul did, I'm selling that shitty EA kit. I'm sick and tired of dropped notes. The lameass penny/nickel trick doesn't do much. If this GH4 kit can differentiate soft and hard hits, the sensitivity is probably perfect.

From IGN:

"Boss battles are back, though they've been restructured as more of a call and response duel rather than using the battle mode first featured in Guitar Hero 3."

I hated those fucking battles in GH3, so hopefully this is a good thing.

I posted on the last page that its very possible the GH drums can work with RB. You would just ignore the right cymbal IIRC.

I'm not sure how I feel about this touch pad thing on the new guitar. Seems like it'll just be used identically to the lower fret buttons on the RB strat. It just better be sensitive enough because I can see that causing more defects than the detachable neck crap.

And yea the GHIII boss battles were bullshit. You take a skill based game and make it entirely random in order to complete it. Too many variables, to me its part of what "Tony Hawk'd" GH. The final boss battle was just ridiculous.

bread's done
Back