Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

Ooo...Rebel Yell. : D

I wonder if the drums will be different from Rock Band in the sense of combos.
IIRC, in drum mania (or whatever it's called), you can play a note while there aren't any on screen, and it won't break your combo. However, in Rock Band, it will break your combo.
It would be nice if it were more like drum mania.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']This game, like Rock Band, needs some fucking Pearl Jam.[/QUOTE]

I'd like it to be Pearl Jam: Ten ~ full album DLC for Rock Band.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53240

Guitar Hero 4 Songs Revealed, Includes Billy Idol; Details on New Guitar, No GH3 DLC Support

by Chris Faylor Jun 20, 2008 10:46am CST tags: Guitar Hero IV
This fall's release of Guitar Hero World Tour (PS2, PS3, 360, Wii) will be accompanied by the rumored touch-sensitive guitar, publisher Activision has confirmed. Though the title will support all previous Guitar Hero guitars, the new wireless instrument adds a touch pad below the five standard fret buttons. IGN claims the pad lets players "mimic a slap bass" and tweak sustained notes.
In all, the game is said to sport over 85 master tracks, but will not be compatible the existing downloadable content for Guitar Hero 3. Rival Harmonix has stated its desire to make future entries in the competing Rock Band series compatible with all RB DLC.
Thus far, bands and tracks confirmed to appear in Guitar Hero World Tour are: The touch-sensitive guitar was first unveiled in a leak of marketing materials earlier this week. While those materials further detailed a $180 price point and a number of bands, the only other Activision-confirmed tidbit was that the Foo Fighters will be involved.
Meanwhile, the following artists and tracks are believed to be included due to leaks, Activision-issued media, or record label announcements. Commonly known as Guitar Hero IV, World Tour adds drums and vocal support to the mix, along with a focus on music creation. It is not yet known if the instruments of World Tour will be cross-compatible with Harmonix's Rock Band and Zoe Mode's Rock Revolution or vice versa.
As with Guitar Hero 3 and Aerosmith, Neversoft is developing the PS3 and 360 editions of Guitar Hero World Tour, with Vicarious Visions on the Wii edition and Budcat handling the PS2 iteration.

[quote name='anomynous']GH III DLC confirmed NOT to work by IGN & 1up[/QUOTE]

i was thinking this would be the case. with the current dlc, they didn't have to be as picky with the master tracks, so it wouldn't be possible to add drums/vocals unless they had completely separate tracks.

Pretty cool Hot for Teacher is in this, that will be a fun song to drum and guitar to. Too bad on the GH3 DLC not being compatible, I really wanted to drum and sing to Sleeping Giant and the Motorhead tracks.

I actually think the new guitar looks really sweet and I look forward to doing all those cool things with the touch sensitive part of the guitar.
Gotta sell my explorer and old RB drum set to get it.

Just watched the Hot For Teacher video from IGN, and it seems that you can play whatever you want in between drum parts in guitar without breaking your combo, unlike Rock Band. That's awesome. I'm really glad the ion drum set will work with this. At least, I hope it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I actually think the new guitar looks really sweet and I look forward to doing all those cool things with the touch sensitive part of the guitar.
Gotta sell my explorer and old RB drum set to get it.

Just watched the Hot For Teacher video from IGN, and it seems that you can play whatever you want in between drum parts in guitar without breaking your combo, unlike Rock Band. That's awesome. I'm really glad the ion drum set will work with this. At least, I hope it does.[/quote]

I think it was also in the Hot For Teacher video, but it looks like maybe you can tap parts now without having to strum if you break the combo? If so, that'd be really cool. That song looks incredibly hard, by the way. Especially on drums.

Yeah, also, now drums have chords. Like in guitar charts, where there's a long note, but with drums, you just play that/those note(s) repeatedly. I like that better than Rock Bands thing where you just do whatever you want.

I've watched it again, and damn, I can't wait to try and play that on drums.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hhhdx4']Do they have an open string option now? in the bass section of the screen they have a purple line across.

interesting.[/quote]
Yeah they do, it was confirmed in Game Informer.

Red Octane has actually designed the drums so that they are collapsable for easy storage. Big ups for them doing that as well as addressing the compatibility issue.

Its very odd of them to allow use of RB instruments, especially after that whole PS3 patch blocking thing. Good thing though, I'll for sure at least be picking up the game only now.

[quote name='anomynous']Have they revealed any more about the tracklist?[/quote]
Everlong by Foo Fighters, which is also in Rock Band, is being played in one of the trailers is newest one I can think of.

RockBand instruments compatible with GH:WT
At Activision's non-E3 conference Tuesday, Guitar Hero director Brian Bright surprised attendees confirming that any guitar and drum controllers players own for other games on the Xbox 360 will be compatible with Guitar Hero: World Tour.
You may be asking yourself how the drums will work, considering Guitar Hero: World Tour drums use five-inputs while Rock Band uses four (see center of image above). According to Wired, Activision promises that using the Rock Band drums will cause the game to adjust the title to four inputs only. Now we wonder, will plugging in the Rock Revolution controller bring the input count to seven?
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/17/rock-band-controllers-to-work-with-guitar-hero-world-tour/

Excellent news...game only for me for sure now!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']RockBand instruments compatible with GH:WT

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/17/rock-band-controllers-to-work-with-guitar-hero-world-tour/

Excellent news...game only for me for sure now![/quote]
Posted twice in the thread already. :cool:
or the Rock Band one, but whatever.

The music creater in this game is so jokes, I can't wait to get my hands on this game.
Also, Rebel Yell looks really fun to play, and same with the new guitar.
I'll have to purchase it.
Which brings up the question; Will Guitar Hero guitars still work on Rock Band?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36373.html

I still don't understand the functionality of the lower neck on the guitar (though it still looks kick ass). That and the guy playing it looked creepy.

Will the Lips mics be compatible with Guitar Hero?

They say Lips comes with two mics. And they light up. And they're motion sensitive. If Lips is only $60 with all those, and the mics are compatible with Rock Band and Guitar Hero, that would rule.

In that vid....didya notice the drummer wearing a Tool t shirt? I think it was a tool t shirt. Yes, I am obsessed with Tool. Having them in the game is a guaranteed definite purchase. I can't wait for the full tracklist.

What's the latest on a release date?

You can make music in this game...umm...Why?

The function of the sliding thing sounds to me like a whammy bar at points, I got thrown off when he started doing the keyboard sounding part with it. I think it's just there to to effects in a song. I bet it's going to be used for tapping ( and obviously sliding ) also.

[quote name='Ex~']Will the Lips mics be compatible with Guitar Hero?

They say Lips comes with two mics. And they light up. And they're motion sensitive. If Lips is only $60 with all those, and the mics are compatible with Rock Band and Guitar Hero, that would rule.[/QUOTE]

agreed, and i really think this will be the case. i still think microsoft has some kind of agreement that allows for any game creator to provide controller compatibility. otherwise, i would think the playstation games would have compatible instruments too.

I think that GH4 benefited from not revealing their entire songlist first; it opens itself up to a lot of speculation; keeps people talking about what may be possible, other than what really is.

"oh, you think (really awesome obscure band) will be in it?"
"maybe (really awesome popular band) will be in it? OMG"

Whereas with Rockband 2, what you see is pretty much what you get, for better or worse (DLC notwithstanding).

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I think that GH4 benefited from not revealing their entire songlist first; it opens itself up to a lot of speculation; keeps people talking about what may be possible, other than what really is.

Whereas with Rockband 2, what you see is pretty much what you get, for better or worse (DLC notwithstanding).[/quote]
Then again people like me can not stop talking how pleased we are as is with RB 2 setlist and what can those free 20 DLC songs on launch will be (Bad Religion "Sorrow" and Turbonegro only count for two). So if anything they need to at least throw a bone or something for people to get a bit more excited about. Since I know if I want to see Children of Bodom it'll probably be GH4.

That's cool that the Rock Band instruments work in GH4, but is there any news on if the GH4 instruments will work with Rock Band 2 (or even 1)?

[quote name='Kyattsuai']Wait, Bad Religion may be part of the extra 20 in RB2? I retract my last post =^n.n^=[/quote]
Take it with a grain of salt though, as Bad Religion themselves have confirmed that they would be in Rock Band 2 and the leaked setlist had "sorrow" on it. So it seems highly possible, but never know what might happen between translation.

I'm glad the RB stuff will be compatible, so I can make this a game-only purchase. I don't like the space between the buttons on GH controllers, and that touch strip looks like something I'd use about as much as the solo buttons on the RB guitar, which is almost never. Still, I'll be happy to get both games, since it just means twice as much music to play.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I think that GH4 benefited from not revealing their entire songlist first; it opens itself up to a lot of speculation; keeps people talking about what may be possible, other than what really is.

Whereas with Rockband 2, what you see is pretty much what you get, for better or worse (DLC notwithstanding).[/quote]

Except it prevents the RB2 thread from turning into a bullshit wishlist thread.

bread's done
Back