Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

It usually does that to me when i first go into the beta... I just let it sit on the beta main menu and wait about 5 minutes and then when I try to play it works.

[quote name='Machikunas']It usually does that to me when i first go into the beta... I just let it sit on the beta main menu and wait about 5 minutes and then when I try to play it works.[/QUOTE]

ok will try that. thanks man.

Just what the hell is this "information" it must download from XBL before I can enter matchmaking?

Reminds me of the first days of Halo 2...

[quote name='nharmon91']So I click Play the Beta and it says the beta is either unavaiable or over. WTF[/quote]

that has happen to me and my friends a couple of times. We just waited a while logged out of xbox live and logged back in. It might take a little while but it has worked for me the past two times it has happened.

[quote name='doubledown']I got the GAME OVER screen the first time I tried it on 5/17....so, who knows what is going on. No H3 for me apparently.[/QUOTE]

there's some threads at bungie.net about the same thing, you'll have to clear your cache or something. Very annoying.

[quote name='anomynous']I love the "loading info from live" message

it has said that for 30 mins[/QUOTE]

you have to restart the beta when it does that. suuuuucks

Very fun so far ... seems like the people playing it are more mature/ less obnoxious so far *knocks on wood.*

Teammates seem to be more respectful and helpful ... maybe it's just me.

I hate my internet connection. 2 hours later I'm at 35%

I have this gut feeling once I finish the download late today, I'll have one of the described problems.

Just played some Rumble Pit, Lots of fun! Essentialy No talking which blew me away and suprisingly made it more fun.

Oh and I raped

Has anyone got to play with more than 8 people on a map? I'm not sure if there is a limit since it is a beta but I was hoping for some 16 player action.

[quote name='Kendro']Has anyone got to play with more than 8 people on a map? I'm not sure if there is a limit since it is a beta but I was hoping for some 16 player action.[/QUOTE]
8 player max.

I just played with 8 people. It was the only game I could get to collect all of the players. It was tons of fun. Only two dudes were talking.

[quote name='nharmon91']Just played some Rumble Pit, Lots of fun! Essentialy No talking which blew me away and suprisingly made it more fun.

Oh and I raped[/quote]

so you rape other men would't that make you gay

i really wish we could play private matchs in the beta. i wanna get some 4 player matches with my friends

[quote name='Erillian']Anyone else still pushing X everytime you want to pick something up?[/QUOTE]

Yup, and to reload too. I keep chucking the damned electraball (idk the real name) at my feet instead of reloaded, le sigh.

Well after playing halo 1 campaign and briefly online, halo 2 briefly, and halo 3 online, I return to the conclusion I always had.

It's tribes without jetpacks and strategy. I'll play a bit more to attempt to find the amazing allure that attracts so many, but frankly the game feels slower than lost planet(which everyone complains is too slow) and the only real fun I have had was involving warthogs or spartan lasers.

It feels like more of the same, when I was really hoping for a new step forward. While the guide integration and menus are fantastic, I think you need more than live integration for a truely next-gen level of gameplay.

I made it to rank 4, which is further than I made it in Halo 2 and I'm actually learning how to play well. I'll probably pick up Halo 2 again after the beta's over.

[quote name='Apossum']I'll probably pick up Halo 2 again after the beta's over.[/QUOTE]

Same here, or I would, if I could find H2 anywhere besides EBGS, which has it for an asinine $26.99 :puke:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Same here, or I would, if I could find H2 anywhere besides EBGS, which has it for an asinine $26.99 :puke:[/QUOTE]

i'm hoping it'll drop in price on ebay throughout this beta. I think gamecrazy has it for $12.99 though.

[quote name='Apossum']i'm hoping it'll drop in price on ebay throughout this beta. I think gamecrazy has it for $12.99 though.[/quote]

Nope. The price jumped at GC to 29.99 new/19.99 used. It WAS 12.99 used. They jacked the price up in anticipation of the H2 demand in the wake of the Halo 3 beta

[quote name='Apossum']i'm hoping it'll drop in price on ebay throughout this beta. I think gamecrazy has it for $12.99 though.[/QUOTE]

They do, but my local GC has all but one disc only copy that doesn't work. I should know, I bought and returned it to that GC, only to have them put it back on the shelf.

I'm hoping to snipe it cheap off ebay too, except I think this beta might actually increase the demand, and the price, of H2. I'm sure we're not the only ones who suddently have H2 cravings, thanks in part to the beta.

[quote name='Surferflames']

It's tribes without jetpacks and strategy.[/QUOTE]

I think you're looking for an rts thats basically what tribes is and to me tribes is fucking boring.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']I think you're looking for an rts thats basically what tribes is and to me tribes is fucking boring.[/quote]

Uh we must be thinking of different games, since the one I am refering to was an FPS...

Had a blast last night. I have not seen the old school pistol or figured out how to get a turret off the warthog, I did see some in the base though. I am getting no sleep these days thanks to this game.

[quote name='BREVITY']Had a blast last night. I have not seen the old school pistol or figured out how to get a turret off the warthog, I did see some in the base though. I am getting no sleep these days thanks to this game.[/QUOTE]
i dunno if it works like a mounted turret, but you rb to man the turretthen hit b to remove it.

I love the mongoose, but I wish you could fire while riding it. The only good use it has is for getting close to snipers.

[quote name='Apossum']I love the mongoose, but I wish you could fire while riding it. The only good use it has is for getting close to snipers.[/quote]

It's good for getting back to the bomb if you just died and getting to the opposite teams flag quickly.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']I think you're looking for an rts thats basically what tribes is and to me tribes is fucking boring.[/QUOTE]

Only thing fun about that game was probably the jetpacks.

My lil bro loved that game, but all that I saw him do was Team Kill.

[quote name='Trakan']It's good for getting back to the bomb if you just died and getting to the opposite teams flag quickly.[/QUOTE]

ah, good point. I haven't played any team matches yet.

Do you have to do anything special to hijack vehicles or is it just Right Bumper? Also, it's impossible to kill anyone while you're mounted on a Mongoose, right?

[quote name='Mojimbo']Do you have to do anything special to hijack vehicles or is it just Right Bumper? Also, it's impossible to kill anyone while you're mounted on a Mongoose, right?[/QUOTE]
RB is to jack vehicles.

Only the person on the back can shoot people while on a mongoose. You can not splatter someone in the beta. Heard it's glitched, should be there in retail.

[quote name='zewone']RB is to jack vehicles.

Only the person on the back can shoot people while on a mongoose. You can not splatter someone in the beta. Heard it's glitched, should be there in retail.[/QUOTE]

Last night my friend spattered 6 people on a ghost to win the match. No one could kill him it seemed. He just continuously ran people over.

Is anyone else's team slayer matchmaking acting weird. In any other gametype I can almost instantly join a match, but in Team Slayer it takes forever then matches me up, but before setting up the game, it goes back to finding new players and repeats.

[quote name='thamaster24']Is anyone else's team slayer matchmaking acting weird. In any other gametype I can almost instantly join a match, but in Team Slayer it takes forever then matches me up, but before setting up the game, it goes back to finding new players and repeats.[/QUOTE]

same here.

[quote name='thamaster24']Is anyone else's team slayer matchmaking acting weird. In any other gametype I can almost instantly join a match, but in Team Slayer it takes forever then matches me up, but before setting up the game, it goes back to finding new players and repeats.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. It does it in other game types too, but mostly in team slayer.

[quote name='massermind19']Last night my friend spattered 6 people on a ghost to win the match. No one could kill him it seemed. He just continuously ran people over.[/QUOTE]
I was talking about the mongoose..

[quote name='massermind19']Last night my friend spattered 6 people on a ghost to win the match. No one could kill him it seemed. He just continuously ran people over.[/quote]

Best way to take out a ghost is to hit it with a sticky grenade.

Just watched the "Halo 3 Release Party" video that was on the front page of Yahoo! It interviewed all of these celebs and it was funny when they asked them what they're favorite weapon was. I think Brian Cook from the Lakers was the only one who even knew the names of any of the weapons and he referred to it as the "shotty."

Most looked disinterested which made me wonder why they even go, or how much they get paid to go to these things.

[quote name='sp00ge']Best way to take out a ghost is to hit it with a sticky grenade.[/QUOTE]

That was the case in H2. In H3 a charged shot from a plasma pistol disables a ghost.

[quote name='jlarlee']That was the case in H2. In H3 a charged shot from a plasma pistol disables a ghost.[/QUOTE]

Love this new addition to the gameplay.

[quote name='sp00ge']Best way to take out a ghost is to hit it with a sticky grenade.[/QUOTE]

Wait, does this work on all the vehicles? I'll have to try it tomorrow after work. That sounds cool.

bread's done
Back