Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

I didn't hate SMG starts. I loved them. You're supposed to start out with a medicore weapon and search for a better one. You're not supposed to start out with an awesome weapon, even if everyone gets one. The key to winning was taking control of the weapons on the map and keeping them in your control.

Is there a way to use more then two icons for your halo 3 emblem? Because i cant figure out what makes this pic, looks like at least 2 different icons and 1 background.

halo2emblem.ashx

8 more days till Xmas, aka when I get Call of Duty 4. We'll see the impact.

Right now Halo 3 has been a ton of more fun with the update. They made BR's more frequest when starting the game = win, because AR are total garbage and need to be re-tweaked, or just give the SMG to start again. Also, they added Covies to Sandtrap and a bunch of more maps making big team battles even more fun. Not to mention the maps are worth 800 points easily. Have you people forgotten servbot and the Circuit City bogo on points? 800 points is more like 400 points considering how many times we've gotten points for next to nothing. The new maps add fresh air and foundry gives us unlimited options on creating new maps.

If/when they decide to patch melee and made custom games into searchable play lists (will most likely never happen but we can dream) this would be the perfect Halo. Not to mention at the current rate I'm sure we'll see new maps every season, which gives Bungie the ability to cash in and eventually we'll have so many maps we'll never get bored.

Still working on level 45 on Lone Wolves and It's really a bitch, esp when you end up falling in 6th place after scoring 1st :\

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Still working on level 45 on Lone Wolves and It's really a bitch, esp when you end up falling in 6th place after scoring 1st :\[/quote]

Yea man I know exactly what you mean. I'm working really hard at level 10 on Lone Wolves and the competition is... oh wait I guess thats not the same at all is it.

The AR does not suck; you just need to know how to use it. Sure it's toned down from the beta, but as long as you actually aim (and not randomly spray) at the opponent's head, you'll get a kill. Strafing if also a key part of close-medium range AR combat because many people have a harder time keeping up with you.

Also, SMG starts were possibly one of the lamest things about Halo 2. They were the sole reason I played Team Hardcore (and had to put up with Midship) with BR start.

FYI the Legendary Edition is still 59.82 on walmart.com if anyone wants to upgrade their copy (like me) or is wanting to get Halo 3 for the first time. There is a thread with link in the video game deals section.

I hate when i get killed from a mauler or shotgun from mid range while im shooting at them with an AR. You would think that someone using the AR from mid range would win out against someone using up close weapons like the Mauler or shotty.

[quote name='saddamizer']We played with this openly gay guy last night. It was funny as hell, we were railing on him till he quit.[/quote]

I hope you get permabanned.

[quote name='saddamizer']We played with this openly gay guy last night. It was funny as hell, we were railing on him till he quit.[/quote]

Hilarious! :roll:

[quote name='saddamizer']We played with this openly gay guy last night. It was funny as hell, we were railing on him till he quit.[/QUOTE]

That makes you an asshole. Not funny. Not clever. Not intelligent. But an asshole.
I hope your whole family is in a car accident and they all die and youre paralyzed from the neck down and you have to have your shit pulled out of your ass by male nurses, for years until you die alone in a nursing home. A shadow of your once shitty self. Your hate is not welcome here.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Yea man I know exactly what you mean. I'm working really hard at level 10 on Lone Wolves and the competition is... oh wait I guess thats not the same at all is it.[/QUOTE]

I saw a guy with 150 exp and he was already level 50 in some mode, and level 10 in lone wolves. Either he boosted or there are some really good players out there, so competition could still exist at the low levels. I'm still stuck in the mid 20's in team slayer.

[quote name='jakehoss']That makes you an asshole. Not funny. Not clever. Not intelligent. But an asshole.
I hope your whole family is in a car accident and they all die and youre paralyzed from the neck down and you have to have your shit pulled out of your ass by male nurses, for years until you die alone in a nursing home.[/quote]

Wow you made yourself look like a jackass.

[quote name='jakehoss']That makes you an asshole. Not funny. Not clever. Not intelligent. But an asshole.
I hope your whole family is in a car accident and they all die and youre paralyzed from the neck down and you have to have your shit pulled out of your ass by male nurses, for years until you die alone in a nursing home. A shadow of your once shitty self. Your hate is not welcome here.[/quote]

Way to follow your own words in that last sentence.

What that guy did was classless, but your comments are no better. His family should die? Returning hate with the venom you just spewed is hypocritical and unnecessary.

[quote name='shaveice']Wow you made yourself look like a jackass.[/QUOTE]

ok maybe that was a little out of control but that shit pissed me off and i was just speaking my mind. and for the record, some random guys opinion of me is the last thing in the world i could care about.

Im at level 22 in lone wolves, 9 in team slayer, and 19 or so in team objective. Not a lot of people play team objective anymore. My highest rank was 23 in lone wolves.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I saw a guy with 150 exp and he was already level 50 in some mode, and level 10 in lone wolves. Either he boosted or there are some really good players out there, so competition could still exist at the low levels. I'm still stuck in the mid 20's in team slayer.[/quote]

ill help you level up if you want, shoot me a FR

Is there anyone good at Halo 3 here? I wanna get my 41 in Double Team to a 50. If you wanna play with me and you are decent, send me a friend request, but say your from CAG.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']ill help you level up if you want, shoot me a FR[/quote]

Can i join? I just want to get to level 30-35ish. Im a decent player. Not right now im going to watch monday night football but ill be on after most likely. Or even another time.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can i join? I just want to get to level 30-35ish. Im a decent player. Not right now im going to watch monday night football but ill be on after most likely. Or even another time.[/QUOTE]

WTF. If you're a decent player, you don't need help boosting.

I'm a level 44 in TS and I've ever only played by myself or with just ONE other friend. I've seriously maybe played 15 games with a party of 3 or 4 people that I know.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']WTF. If you're a decent player, you don't need help boosting.

I'm a level 44 in TS and I've ever only played by myself or with just ONE other friend. I've seriously maybe played 15 games with a party of 3 or 4 people that I know.[/QUOTE]

I have never friggin' boosted my rank/exp. I've played with shitty and good players alike, hell my friend that I team up with in Team Slayer has a fucking .50 kill/death Ratio (but he's the best hog driver in the world) and I still manage to win games.

You guys shoot me a friend request and I'll join you in team objective or something, but team slayer I only do that with my .50 buddy.

I went from 42-40-41-42-41-40 in Lone Wolves today and got so pissed I turned into a 12 year old and punched my chair. I don't know how help1 or other people get 45 and above, but It's either in something besides lone wolves or they are getting really lucky.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I have never friggin' boosted my rank/exp. I've played with shitty and good players alike, hell my friend that I team up with in Team Slayer has a fucking .50 kill/death Ratio (but he's the best hog driver in the world) and I still manage to win games.

You guys shoot me a friend request and I'll join you in team objective or something, but team slayer I only do that with my .50 buddy.

I went from 42-40-41-42-41-40 in Lone Wolves today and got so pissed I turned into a 12 year old and punched my chair. I don't know how help1 or other people get 45 and above, but It's either in something besides lone wolves or they are getting really lucky.[/quote]

I've been at 41 in lone wolves for a while now.

I wish they would disable mics before matches start in Lone Wolves. Too many times I have seen people try to set up double-laser kills. I don't play that shit. Play the game right or GTFO is my motto.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I have never friggin' boosted my rank/exp. I've played with shitty and good players alike, hell my friend that I team up with in Team Slayer has a fucking .50 kill/death Ratio (but he's the best hog driver in the world) and I still manage to win games.

I went from 42-40-41-42-41-40 in Lone Wolves today and got so pissed I turned into a 12 year old and punched my chair. I don't know how help1 or other people get 45 and above, but It's either in something besides lone wolves or they are getting really lucky.[/quote]

Its all about luck after awhile, learn to push the "luck" in your favor, and you will find yourself improve. Learn from every death, if you find something you did totally stupid, improve it. Right now i am stuck at 44 in Lone Wolves, and i understand what you are going through, its definitely frustrating.

help1 plays team slayer with boosters

I went from 42-40-41-42-41-40 in Lone Wolves today and got so pissed I turned into a 12 year old and punched my chair. I don't know how help1 or other people get 45 and above, but It's either in something besides lone wolves or they are getting really lucky.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't talking to you?

Boosting is playing with players better then you are? That doesnt sound bad. Id rather play with the same people all the time, rather then random players. Im just sick of always getting noobs or quitters. Seriously i played team slayer today and had 17 kills, +8 overall, and the rest of my team had negative overall kill/deaths and we lost because of it. I mean these guys would walk into a power drain, or go head on into an area where its 3 vs 1. I dont want to play with people who do that. And since im only a 9 in team slayer, i always get people low rated because of this.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Boosting is playing with players better then you are? That doesnt sound bad. Id rather play with the same people all the time, rather then random players. Im just sick of always getting noobs or quitters. Seriously i played team slayer today and had 17 kills, +8 overall, and the rest of my team had negative overall kill/deaths and we lost because of it. I mean these guys would walk into a power drain, or go head on into an area where its 3 vs 1. I dont want to play with people who do that. And since im only a 9 in team slayer, i always get people low rated because of this.[/QUOTE]

Negatory. Boosting is playing with people lower level than you in order to get people ranked lower.

It's like a level 40 playing with 3 level 20 somethings in order to get people who are in the 20-30 range.

Sure, you can play with friends who are ranked lower, whatever. But at least back in Halo 2, I remember people would purposely create second accounts in order to boost their friends.

[quote name='dastly75']Team Hardcore and the revamped Team Objective is suppoesd to get released sometime today.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for Team Hardcore... here is how it looks for those that do not know:

HC Slayer - 30.3%
HC Multi Flag - 21.3%
HC Oddball - 18.9%
HC Neutral Bomb - 18.9%
HC Land Grab - 6.6%
HC VIP - 4.1%

Yeah, Land Grab and VIP are ummm... dumb for HARDCORE? But at least they decreased the chances of you getting them. They also took out One Flag, One Bomb and Snipers.

Also, keep in mind that while THERE IS RADAR, it's only to see YOUR teammates around the map.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Negatory. Boosting is playing with people lower level than you in order to get people ranked lower.

It's like a level 40 playing with 3 level 20 somethings in order to get people who are in the 20-30 range.

Sure, you can play with friends who are ranked lower, whatever. But at least back in Halo 2, I remember people would purposely create second accounts in order to boost their friends.[/quote]

Ahh i see. I am a 9 in team slayer. Now that i look at some of my games that i pair up with my friend who is a 30, i do see our opponents are usually around 24-25. Today i got a few grades higher in team doubles winning 9 of 13 games. But i only moved from a 13 to 15.

My ranks are:
Lone Wolves: 22
Team Slayer: 9
Team Objective: 18
Team Tacticle: 2
Team Doubles: 15

Yeah not that impressive, but oh well.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Negatory. Boosting is playing with people lower level than you in order to get people ranked lower.

Sure, you can play with friends who are ranked lower, whatever. But at least back in Halo 2, I remember people would purposely create second accounts in order to boost their friends.[/quote]

Bungie fixed it so you can't boost in H3 anyways. Back in October we had like 3 level 40-something guys playing with a level 1, and it just matched us up with another 3 level 40-something guys playing with a lower level. The way the experience is handled is different now too, so the person who is level 1 doesn't get as much as they would have in H2.

Does anyone find, anecdotally speaking, friends that are terrible at Halo say that Call of Duty 4 is “10x’s better than Halo”?

I find this a lot. I think the slower tempo and planar traversal (e.g. no "bunny hopping") of COD is more agreeable with certain types of gamers, but not necessarily for me.

There will be a main page post about this at some point (hopefully soon), but we are pushing the THC (and Team Objective, Team Control) update out until tomorrow, 12/19.

Sorry for the delay, guys. The test team is working on the last set of tests and checks today. 'Tis the season to be undermanned and overstretched.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Does anyone find, anecdotally speaking, friends that are terrible at Halo say that Call of Duty 4 is “10x’s better than Halo”?

I find this a lot. I think the slower tempo and planar traversal (e.g. no "bunny hopping") of COD is more agreeable with certain types of gamers, but not necessarily for me.[/QUOTE]

I found it to be the complete opposite. People who sucked at Halo 2, suddenly love Halo 3.

And bunny hopping? Uh. There's no bunny hopping in H3. I will argue that to the end of time.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I found it to be the complete opposite. People who sucked at Halo 2, suddenly love Halo 3.

And bunny hopping? Uh. There's no bunny hopping in H3. I will argue that to the end of time.[/quote]

It has some weird slide jumping though which can propel you to some awesome areas.

Damn you ever get one of those days where it seems no matter what you cant kill people like normal? I am having on of those days. Especially when i shotgun someone first and then he shotguns me after and i die. WTF? Then i had a brute gun and nailed someone in a ghost until the ghost blew up, but the guy somehow survived, then i shot another round from the brute towards the spot he was at, then i through a gernade aswell and he still didnt die. I end up dead. What the hell? Shouoldnt he have died when the ghost blew up? And how the hell does someone kill me after i already killed him? No it wasnt a gernade. I shot some dude and a 2nd later he shot me and it said that i killed him and he killed me. How the hell does he kill me if i killed him first? God total bullshit tonight. And i got a few quitters today too. ERRR!

The new playlists are up. Dunno if that includes the patch as well?

From what I've read, the new Team Hardcore sucks. That is disheartening, since that was the playlist I was most looking forward to.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The new playlists are up. Dunno if that includes the patch as well?

From what I've read, the new Team Hardcore sucks. That is disheartening, since that was the playlist I was most looking forward to.[/quote]

They put VIP and Landgrab in HC....:fridge:

[quote name='life.exe']They put VIP and Landgrab in HC....:fridge:[/QUOTE]

They also added Team Oddball, which I thought was kind of fun.

Other than maybe some tweaks to how often certain gametypes show up, I thought that the lack of enemies showing up on radar kind of forced my teams to actually use teamwork.

I'm making a custom infected map on high ground. Is there a way to have the big gate closed on the start of the map? When I'm editing the map in forge, the gate is closed.. But when I actually start the map, the gate is open.

bread's done
Back