Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JUST GO HERE FOR DEALS NOW: Credit over at DVDtalk.com
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=482461

Please feel free to post any HD-DVD / BD deals in this thread.

- Family Video Store for $5 off first time orders at http://www.familyvideo.com
This coupon is good for $5 off $5 and it's only .99 cents shipping for any size order.
Coupon code: NEWMEM96
Batman Begins HD-DVD ~ $17 shipped

- Google Checkout at BUY.com / CDUniverse.com / Bestprices.com have good deals (EXP 10/31)

- Amazon seems to have competitive prices on some also. 10 % off DEAL (order 3 and get 10% off and get 10% off for a year)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-4264254-3012160?ie=UTF8&nodeId=160066011

HD-DVD/Blu-Ray REVIEWS:
www.dvdtalk.com
www.highdefdigest.com

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Anyone know of any deals for Planet Earth on blu-ray?[/QUOTE]
You can get three episodes of the Discovery Channel version for $15. Fry's has the BBC version box set for much cheaper.

Amazon has Disney Blu-ray movies on sale up to 50% off

$14.95

King Arthur
GI JAne
The Haunted Mansion
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

$16.49

Finding Neverland

$18.99

The Hitchhiker's Guide . . .

$19.49

Pearl Harbor
Chicago
Enemy of The State
Reign Of Fire
The Guardian
Gone In Sixty Seconds
Chicken Little
Sky High
The Wild
Ladder 49
Flightplan
Dinosaur
Eight Below
The Brothers Grimm
Goal!
Casanova
Glory Road
The GreatRaid
Dark Water
Anapolis

$21.49

Invincible

All credit for this find goes to: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=888522 (I'm just simply posting it here)

Blu-rays on Buy.com:
[prices after discount]

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back $7.15
GI Jane $7.15
Haunted Mansion $7.15
King Arthur $7.15

Some other Disney movies were $13.90 after discount & shipping.

Use Berzerker's CAG affiliate link at the top of this page!

[quote name='dreamcube']Can anybody please tell me what GCO is? That is a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

GCO = Google Checkout. You sign up for a new e-mail address on Gmail.com and use the Google Checkout option on Buy.com and at checkout it'll apply a $10 discount when you setup a new Google Checkout account (with your credit card and all...). If it doesn't "work" then you already made a GCO account and are trying to sign on to your GCO account...don't do that, always setup new account with credit card info for the discount. I was having problems getting orders to go through on Opera browser too but Firefox was no problems.

[quote name='chodax']for GCO, have you guys been using the same credit card and shipping address over and over?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just did four on 2 cards today I'll have to see if they all go through >_<

Ordered Warriors of Heaven & Earth, House of Flying Daggers, Kung Fu Hustle, 5th Element, and now I'm trying to convince myself NOT to buy Haunted Mansion, Resident Evil Apoc., and a few others :)

Sigh, I can never use Buy.com since their shipping outside of the 48 continguous states is insane. Thank heavens for Amazon and their 10% extra off HD/BluRay discs deal!

Hello,
I just tried using the GCO option on buy.com and received 3 of my dvds in today with a US Postage Paid sticker on it that says "Return Service Requested"
Do I have to return the dvds i just got in? Or is this for if I had wanted to return the movies? Any info would be great.
Thanks!

[quote name='Dot40']"Return Service Requested"[/QUOTE]

It just means if something is unable to be delivered that the item is returned to the sender.

No deal here, but I did see an entry for a Blu-Ray version of Spider-Man 3, as well as a Spiderman 3 Trilogy Blu Ray set at work.

Well, that was bullshit.

I ordered Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room (HD) from buy.com and they automatically canceled it. Not only that but they still put a hold on the money.

[quote name='Sporadic']Well, that was bullshit.

I ordered Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room (HD) from buy.com and they automatically canceled it. Not only that but they still put a hold on the money.[/quote]

Yea they have been cracking down on multiple GCO accounts with the same info :roll:

Yeah this is a killer deal buy the SD version of the film then return it to the store for credit. And pocket the prestige on BD for $6.99:cool:

[quote name='mtwabo']Yeah this is a killer deal buy the SD version of the film then return it to the store for credit. And pocket the prestige on BD for $6.99:cool:[/QUOTE]

I dont think i'll be returning it to the store for credit, but i did buy Wild Hogs on DVD and got a blu ray for 6.99.

I just ordered the SD Wild Hogs and BR Invincible for In-Store Pickup not bad for $24 after tax.

I really couldnt see spending $29.99 for the BR version of Wild Hogs.

[quote name='centracore']From what I can see now it looks like they pulled all Blu-ray versions of the movie???[/quote]

yeah i dont see any BR versions at all now. unless they all got bought. glad ididnt wait liek i wanted to. im gonna go pick mine up at lunch today in store.

[quote name='mtwabo']Yeah this is a killer deal buy the SD version of the film then return it to the store for credit. And pocket the prestige on BD for $6.99:cool:[/QUOTE]

Be careful, if you RETURN WILD HOGS, they may charge you full price for the Presitge. Best Buy is tricky that way.

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure if its been posted, but Buy.com has a decent selection of Blu-Rays for $6.90 shipped after GCO:
House of 1000 Daggers
[/QUOTE]
Is that the sequel to House of Flying Corpses?

[quote name='techstar25']Is that the sequel to House of Flying Corpses?[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was actually pretty funny.

[quote name='nyprimus4']When I signed up for my many e-mail accounts I used different names and different phone #'s.[/QUOTE]

Just curious how many did you do at once?

As long as you use a different name for the e-mail sign up and a different phone number for "verification" it'll go through you think?

Just got back from my instore pickup of Wildhogs (DVD) and Invincible (BR). Not sure if ill even bother returning wild hogs. As id like to watch it dont really care if its BR since its not exactly uber action film.

Looks like on the week of 8/19 - 8/25 you get a free copy of 300 on HD DVD with the purchase of the 360 Add on

300bbzj6.jpg

[quote name='Layd Dly']Just got back from my instore pickup of Wildhogs (DVD) and Invincible (BR). Not sure if ill even bother returning wild hogs. As id like to watch it dont really care if its BR since its not exactly uber action film.[/quote]

Does the reciept show wildhogs as full price at least? I would really like to pick up the prestige that cheap on BR.

Off-topic: I love that Rick Astley sig you got anomynous. Cracks me up everytime. Used to hear his two hit wonders on the radio all the time in junior high.

[quote name='grendel19']Off-topic: I love that Rick Astley sig you got anomynous. Cracks me up everytime. Used to hear his two hit wonders on the radio all the time in junior high.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Classic signature material there.

[quote name='techstar25']Is that the sequel to House of Flying Corpses?[/quote]
I believe I had just read about Ho1C coming out 9/18 on BR. Guess my mind was half on it and half on the list. I gotta give you props for being the first to catch it.

[quote name='centracore']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat127900050008&type=category

Buy Wild Hogs on Blu-ray or DVD and get one (1) of the following Blu-ray movies for $6.99:

-Invincible
-Goal: The Dream Begins
-The Guardian
-The Prestige

If you're planning on picking that movie up anyways this is a killer deal.

edit: i guess the deal works if you buy the DVD version of Wild Hogs too.[/quote] It's a long shot, but has anyone tried if it works in-store? :)

Did anyone buy 300 on HD-DVD from FYE? If so, do you happen to have a copy of the rebate or know when it expires?

I went to the website today and on the front page, it is still listed as being $22.99 with rebate, so I went out and bought it. Once I got home, the site was still advertising the rebate but when I clicked on the link to actually get the rebate, it was gone. I think it expired today, but still, the front page was still advertising it (and still is).

I don't really know if I can make a case but I would like to know if the rebate did in fact expire; if it has I'll just return it and buy it elsewhere.

[quote name='centracore']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat127900050008&type=category

Buy Wild Hogs on Blu-ray or DVD and get one (1) of the following Blu-ray movies for $6.99:

-Invincible
-Goal: The Dream Begins
-The Guardian
-The Prestige

If you're planning on picking that movie up anyways this is a killer deal.

edit: i guess the deal works if you buy the DVD version of Wild Hogs too.[/QUOTE]
how are you making this work? when I go to that page it only lets me add DVD's, not blu-rays. do you add it on your own or something?

edit: I can't even find The Prestige blu-ray on the site at all. seriously, did I miss out on something great here?

[quote name='Bune']how are you making this work? when I go to that page it only lets me add DVD's, not blu-rays. do you add it on your own or something?

edit: I can't even find The Prestige blu-ray on the site at all. seriously, did I miss out on something great here?[/QUOTE]

they realized the mistake and fixed it late monday afternoon. all the bluray discs were removed from the 6.99 list

I was about to pick up 300 on BluRay but thought I'd first ask, since a few here got it on both formats, does either release look better (HDDVD or BluRay)? I was going to opt for BluRay just because it's cheaper.

[quote name='Koggit']I was about to pick up 300 on BluRay but thought I'd first ask, since a few here got it on both formats, does either release look better (HDDVD or BluRay)? I was going to opt for BluRay just because it's cheaper.[/quote]Video is identical.

[quote name='dallow']Video is identical.[/quote]

According to IGN's review of the Blu-Ray version:
"It should be noted that the Blu-ray version of this disc is missing three major features included on the HD DVD - two of which (the scene editing tool and the interactive strategy game) are simple, unnecessary amusements, whereas the third (the picture-in-picture director's commentary) is a real loss for this disc. However, the audio commentary in its place is perfectly sufficient and every bit as informative and entertaining (if not every bit as visual)."

[quote name='metallicoholic']According to IGN's review of the Blu-Ray version:
"It should be noted that the Blu-ray version of this disc is missing three major features included on the HD DVD - two of which (the scene editing tool and the interactive strategy game) are simple, unnecessary amusements, whereas the third (the picture-in-picture director's commentary) is a real loss for this disc. However, the audio commentary in its place is perfectly sufficient and every bit as informative and entertaining (if not every bit as visual)."[/quote]Like I said, the video is identical as they use the exact same encode.

I wasn't talking about extras.

[quote name='Ed_']Any of you know which version of Enter The Dragon is better? Any help would be apreciated, thanks![/quote]Same video encode, they're indentical as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back