HEROES - super thread...

[quote name='topnotch97']i saw Heroes a bit, but I just sticked to Prison Break and Vanished.[/quote]

You probably should have tried Heroes. I'll be surprised if Vanished makes it past November.

[quote name='neocisco']You probably should have tried Heroes. I'll be surprised if Vanished makes it past November.[/quote] Yea, I turned on Vanished then I vanished. The first couple shows were just sooo boring that I just gave up on giving it a chance.

Sci-fi is owned by NBC, that's why it's on both channels. Studio 60 is going to be rerun on Bravo, also owned by NBC.

Sci-fi will show on Fridays....

7pm - Heros
8pm - Dr. Who
9pm - BSG
10pm - Threshold

That will start October 13thish.

this was pretty cool, ill give it some time but with super heroes there is always the cheesey factor. ther should definately be some main characters who are villians or maybe even tell it from both points of view where your not really sure who is good and who is bad.......... that could make things very interesting

anyone else think the brothers should wear purple? IE the wonder twins from super friends? :)

I actually really enjoyed it, interesting premise and I am a sucker for superhero stuff. I loved Hiro as well, he totally pulled off I am an average dude who can do something really cool. He was great. I wanna know what the heck is up with Ali Larter's character. That was just wierd. Kinda cool though. Overall enjoyable and I look forward to where it will go next.

On a SPOILER note

Anyone else remember in some of the early trailers, I swear the artist guy cut his hand off, but they said he ODed in the show. I wondered if they changed it b/c they couldn't have anymore gore in the pilot.

[quote name='chimpian']this was pretty cool, ill give it some time but with super heroes there is always the cheesey factor. ther should definately be some main characters who are villians or maybe even tell it from both points of view where your not really sure who is good and who is bad.......... that could make things very interesting

anyone else think the brothers should wear purple? IE the wonder twins from super friends? :)[/quote]

Well the cheerleader girl's dad is apparently going to be a villian. He seems to be responsible for killing (and stealing the work of) the Indian guy's father. And it seems that he's hunting down people with genetic mutations for reasons unknown at the moment.

Just finished watching Chapter 2 "Don't Turn Back"

Still alot of plot and character development going on, but I still feel is growing into a good show.

I don't want to spoil the episode for those that didn't see it yet, but I really like the ending to the episode.

A few things I don't get from reading some previous postings here...

I really don't get the comparison to LOST. To me its 2 completely different concepts. I mean Lost is just Gilligan's Island updated to modern times as a Drama not a comedy and with more people. Now before everyone starts flaming... I do like LOST.

Also in the 1st episode it was never said that Hiro didn't speak english, He was in Japan so what would you expect him to speak? In this weeks episode yes he speaks some english, he does tell someone (trying not to give things away) that he doesn't speak much english.

EDIT...
OK watching RAW on USA and I see a promo for HEROES after RAW.
So it looks like yet another station has it too.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Just finished watching Chapter 2 "Don't Turn Back"

Still alot of plot and character development going on, but I still feel is growing into a good show.

I don't want to spoil the episode for those that didn't see it yet, but I really like the ending to the episode.

A few things I don't get from reading some previous postings here...

I really don't get the comparison to LOST. To me its 2 completely different concepts. I mean Lost is just Gilligan's Island updated to modern times as a Drama not a comedy and with more people. Now before everyone starts flaming... I do like LOST.

Also in the 1st episode it was never said that Hiro didn't speak english, He was in Japan so what would you expect him to speak? In this weeks episode yes he speaks some english, he does tell someone (trying not to give things away) that he doesn't speak much english.[/quote]

I thought it grew a little slow, but the hook at the end just whet my appetite for more. I think this is the methodology of Network TV, it doesn't really matter how the viewer feels throughout the episode, as long as they're wanting more at the end.

[quote name='Pookymeister']
Those were some grizzly murders
[/quote]

Especially for the 9:00 hour on network TV.

The ending was funny as hell!

Like that will really happen in the 5th or 6th episode. The whole thing is just funny.

My only problem last night is that NBC screw up the HDTV broadcast. Last week it was in glorious HD and this week something went wrong and NBC HD in my area showed it in SD. Still it was pretty enjoyable. Anyone know if NBC plans to encore this episode because I want to watch in HD.

Anyway, notice that one of my favorite comic book writers Jeph Loeb is a co-executive producer and writer for the show.

[quote name='MadFlava']Anyway, notice that one of my favorite comic book writers Jeph Loeb is a co-executive producer and writer for the show.[/quote]

Also, the comic book art in the show is done by Tim Sale.

Since Jeph Loeb is writing the next volume of Ultimates we still won't have to worry about the book coming out monthly.:roll:

it is a decent show so far...imo with the whole superhuman shit going down, it won't get/maintain a huge following like lost

Good stuff last night. I'm definately hooked, its a keeper for me. I'm guessing that there's a "super" villan out there comitting all those crazy murders right? At first I thought some guys trying to find out how they have super powers and they steal brains to do experiments, but then I saw the guy frozen at the table and the little girl bolted to the wall with forks and other sharp objects. Freaky shit.

[quote name='neocisco']Especially for the 9:00 hour on network TV.[/QUOTE]

Exaclty my thoughts. I guess this show just isn't my thing. It just seems to me like they are trying to pull off the "we're going to keep this overly mysterious for 13 episodes, so to replace the lack of plot, we'll stick a lot of gross stuff in there so we can shock the audience into coming back."

I'll check back in a few weeks and you guys can let me know if an actual narrative ever develops.

[quote name='David85']The ending was funny as hell!

Like that will really happen in the 5th or 6th episode. The whole thing is just funny.[/quote]
It had better not because Hiro is my favorite character and I don't want to see him get killed.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Good stuff last night. I'm definately hooked, its a keeper for me. I'm guessing that there's a "super" villan out there comitting all those crazy murders right? At first I thought some guys trying to find out how they have super powers and they steal brains to do experiments, but then I saw the guy frozen at the table and the little girl bolted to the wall with forks and other sharp objects. Freaky shit.[/quote]

Yeah I think we can pretty much assume the guy doing all this is 'Sylar' from the older Suresh's answering machine and personally I think Sylar may be the cheerleader's adoptive father although if Sylar is in fact 'patient zero', then it might not be the cheerleader's father because obviously they live in Texas and in the first episode the younger Suresh said his father tracked patient zero to Brooklyn. Then again, that murder scene in episode 2 is in California I think so maybe Sylar just travels a lot.

Anyway I like the show so far. Some of it is kind of goofy like when it showed the two brothers flying the first time. That just looked really goofy. I wish they handled the super powers more like Unbreakable (i.e. not quite as fantastic).

Has anybody else noticed how similar some of the show is to Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme? Multiple people from different backgrounds suddenly discovering powers at the same time? It looks like exec producer Tim Kring is a bigger comic book fan than I thought. Also having Jeph Loeb as a producer (popular comic book writer) just seems to reinforce my suspicions.

[quote name='neocisco']Has anybody else noticed how similar some of the show is to Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme? Multiple people from different backgrounds suddenly discovering powers at the same time? It looks like exec producer Tim Kring is a bigger comic book fan than I thought. Also having Jeph Loeb as a producer (popular comic book writer) just seems to reinforce my suspicions.[/QUOTE]

There's no doubt that this show is heavily influenced by comic books. At one point in the season preview they showed after the first episode, one of the characters says (about the painter's pictures) "they're like comic book panels." Hiro picking up that comic book at the newstand also. Just about every comic that's come out for the last 1-2 months has had a 2 page spread advertising Heroes as well. That stuff, in addition to those things you mentioned, leads me to believe that they're definetly trying to get the comic book reading crowd watching this show (its definetly working for me!).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There's no doubt that this show is heavily influenced by comic books. At one point in the season preview they showed after the first episode, one of the characters says (about the painter's pictures) "they're like comic book panels." Hiro picking up that comic book at the newstand also. Just about every comic that's come out for the last 1-2 months has had a 2 page spread advertising Heroes as well. That stuff, in addition to those things you mentioned, leads me to believe that they're definetly trying to get the comic book reading crowd watching this show (its definetly working for me!).[/quote]

The next few episodes will be telling. The first 2 eps were actually the pilot split in 2 so the eps from now on were produced after NBC picked up the show. Hopefully the story will tighten up some and pick up some steam.

Rejoice, fanboys! NBC has picked up Heroes for a full season (22 episodes). I'm really surprised they did that after only airing 2 episodes.

Correction: NBC had already ordered 13 eps and ordered 9 more to fill out the season.

I'm loving this show so far - it's much more interesting than all of the procedural crime dramas on TV these days - it's like Lost + X-Files and they even have their own version of the CSM!

I read somewhere that they already signed a second season, but I don't think that's true. I think what they meant was that they ordered a full 22 episode season of Heros.

Jericho is supposedly getting a full season too. What a shock considering nothing else is on then besides Bones.

Studio 60 MIGHT have a chance at a full season, maybe, but that's pushing it. Rumour is that BSG will move to NBC and fill Studio 60's spot after Hero's on Monday. I think that would be one of the worst ideas ever.

[quote name='David85']I read somewhere that they already signed a second season, but I don't think that's true. I think what they meant was that they ordered a full 22 episode season of Heros.

Jericho is supposedly getting a full season too. What a shock considering nothing else is on then besides Bones.

Studio 60 MIGHT have a chance at a full season, maybe, but that's pushing it. Rumour is that BSG will move to NBC and fill Studio 60's spot after Hero's on Monday. I think that would be one of the worst ideas ever.[/QUOTE]

fuck that. Studio 60 is one of the best new shows.

[quote name='Pookymeister']hows that for an ending[/quote]oh man that shit with the cheerleader at the end was fucked up.
I wonder how she's going to play it off around town.

[quote name='LiquidNight']oh man that shit with the cheerleader at the end was fucked up.
I wonder how she's going to play it off around town.[/quote]

I think thats how she probably gets involved with everyone else - she can't go back to town.

I love how they teased us right before commercial with the cheerleader getting hurt. Like we're supposed to be "OMG WILL SHE LIVEZ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?/!1/!?!?1?!?", even though she can't die and we all know this.

*spoilers*

So...what was stopping that guy from finishing his rape session when she "dies"? I'm sure she was still......warm.....enough.....for him.......

also was she in a autospy place or what not at the end??

[quote name='evanft']I love how they teased us right before commercial with the cheerleader getting hurt. Like we're supposed to be "OMG WILL SHE LIVEZ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?/!1/!?!?1?!?", even though she can't die and we all know this.[/quote]

It wasn't about "OMG is she dead", it was about "OMG he's going to find out her secret"

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It wasn't about "OMG is she dead", it was about "OMG he's going to find out her secret"[/quote]

OH NOEZ!!!! TEH SEcREAST!!!

That's lame.

imo, that was the best episode. The asian guys and his friends characters are great....I also really like the 2 brothers

Do you guys think they will have the entire season end where the explosion should be happening (5wks via the storyline)? Or that they will prevent the explosion before hand, and have other shit to take care of the rest of the season?

I kinda found it funny as an hour before it was supposed to start my time, I found a torrent of the show and started downloading. It subsequently finished right as it was going to start on tv for my time. God I love the internet.

In any case, Very interesting ending. I'd somehow figured it was someone who had Hiro's powers, but it was a nice twist.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I kinda found it funny as an hour before it was supposed to start my time, I found a torrent of the show and started downloading. It subsequently finished right as it was going to start on tv for my time. God I love the internet.

In any case, Very interesting ending. I'd somehow figured it was someone who had Hiro's powers, but it was a nice twist.[/quote]

I thought the dude accidently used Hiro's power. I think hes a chameleon or something.

Hiro, being from the future knew the younger Petrelli's power, which have now been established as mimicing any super he is near. Future Hiro knew that when he stopped time, Petrelli would not be affected because he would be mimicking him.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Hiro, being from the future knew the younger Petrelli's power, which have now been established as mimicing any super he is near. Future Hiro knew that when he stopped time, Petrelli would not be affected because he would be mimicking him.[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought. Man what an awesome show. They have some talented writers.

the only problem i have with the show is the network and producers keep saying it isn't about comics. But then they have a comic in the show, they are selling the comic in real life, and they have several talented former comic writters a part of the team. Why are they trying to distance themselves from the comic publicly? Xmen and spiderman were huge hits, they shouldn't be saying anything about it.

[quote name='ryanbph']the only problem i have with the show is the network and producers keep saying it isn't about comics. But then they have a comic in the show, they are selling the comic in real life, and they have several talented former comic writters a part of the team. Why are they trying to distance themselves from the comic publicly? Xmen and spiderman were huge hits, they shouldn't be saying anything about it.[/quote]

They are selling the comic? Is it ahead of the show? The only comic I've seen is on their website, and its a free .PDF file.

I'll be honest; I thought the pilot was complete garbage (I still do, in fact). But I learned long ago that pilots are rarely indicative of the series, being either distinctly better or worse depending on effort after being picked up. I feel each episode has gotten progressively better, the last one getting a nice B+ from me.

Although, let's face it, if it weren't for Hiro (blatantly obvious name choice aside), this series would be dead in the water.

bread's done
Back