Heroes, Volume 5: Redemption - Season 4 airs Mondays at 8pm, starting Fall 2009

MisterModest

CAGiversary!
Heroes_logo.png

[quote name='Recap']As seen in the prelude in the finale of the fourth volume, Redemption begins six weeks after Fugitives. The prelude features Tracy, whose ability has evolved allowing her to further manipulate water. She takes a liquid form and is hunting down and killing former agents of "Building 26". Meanwhile, Sylar (who has been compelled to believe he is Nathan by Matt Parkman), is feeling increasingly distant. The prelude concludes with Nathan/Sylar being mesmerized by a clock in his office, which is running one minute and a half fast. After seeing Nathan/Sylar correcting the clock, Angela appears worried over the hybrid creation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Hollywood Reporter']

Madeline Zima joins Heroes
madeline-zima-rachel-miner-californication.jpg

Californication co-star Madeleine Zima will power up for a role on Heroes next season. Zima, who plays Mia, the thorn in Hank Moody's (David Duchovny) horny side on the Showtime series, will have a recurring part on Heroes as Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) roommate.

The storyline for Season 4 has Claire heading off to college, where she'll bunk with Zima's Gretchen, described as "quirky" and an "edgy outsider". There's no word on whether she will have abilities, (though it's probably not a bad bet), or what they might be.

Prior to Californication, Zima was a regular on The Nanny, playing the youngest of the show's three kids. Her movie credits include A Cinderella Story, and the upcoming, My Own Love Song, with Renee Zellweger and Forest Whitaker.

Heroes will air at 8pm on Mondays in the Fall. NBC pared back the order to 18 episodes, which will allow the show to air its full season prior to the start of the Winter Olympics in February.[/QUOTE].

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Hollywood Reporter']

Robert Knepper joins Heroes as one of 3 new characters!

robert-knepper.jpg

Season 4 of Heroes begins filming next Monday, and the cast of guest stars is beginning to fill out. Along with returning regulars, like Star Trek's Zachary Quinto, Volume Five: Redemption, will include a new villain, and a new friend for Hayden Panettiere's wayward Claire.

Who are these new characters, and what is the setting for Season 4? Here's what we know, Prison Break's Robert Knepper (aka creepmaster T-Bag), will be playing Samuel, a charismatic fellow with a knack for mischief. For at least six episodes, Knepper's Samuel will be the key figure in the death carnival, the primary new setting and storyline for Season 4. Because as anyone who's ever dipped a toe in contemporary popular media knows, there's nothing more evil than traveling carnies and their rictus-faced clown friends.

Also on deck for Season 4 is Madeline Zima, whose life this summer will be intercutting between Californication, where she plays cerebral tease Mia, and the environs of fictional Costa Verde, Calif., where she will be in college with Claire. Zima's Heroes character, Gretchen, is "an edgy outsider".

In other news, look for the casting later this month of new character Emma, who is hot, hearing impaired, and smart. Emma will first appear in episode three, and recur throughout the Volume. She is expected to be a new love interest for Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia). Masi Oka's Hiro Nakamura will also be a major focus of Volume Five, as he works to undo some of the damage done to his life since the eclipse unleashed his powers.[/QUOTE].

I heard Ray Park is now a part of this next season...

And Im glad theyre gonna show Hiro some love this season.

For at least six episodes, Knepper's Samuel will be the key figure in the death carnival, the primary new setting and storyline for Season 4. Because as anyone who's ever dipped a toe in contemporary popular media knows, there's nothing more evil than traveling carnies and their rictus-faced clown friends.
Oh Tommy Dolan, Brother Justin would be so disappointed with the crowd you've fallen in with.

Though i must say, it would be great if Nick Stahl had a cameo as part of the troupe.

[quote name='AusielloFiles.ew.com']

Bryan Fuller exits Heroes

6a00d8341bf6c153ef011571412b7f970b-800wi

Just as Heroes was gaining some creative momentum, comes word of another setback, Bryan Fuller has vacated his post as consulting producer. The acclaimed Pushing Daisies auteur tells me that he left to focus on developing new projects for NBC, and not (as some have speculated) due to creative differences with series creator Tim Kring.

"I'm crafting two pilots right now and it's a lot of work", admits Fuller, who has an overall deal with NBC. "It was just too hard to juggle Heroes and my development, something had to give."

Fuller returned to Heroes last December, shortly after ABC dropped the ax on Pushing Daisies. Many (yours truly included), credited him with the show's end-of-season creative rebirth.[/QUOTE]
Bad news for Heroes, but good news for fans of Fuller creating more brilliant and original shows.

This show went south after Season 1.

Season 1 felt like the show was going to be planned out. Now, everything seems made up as it goes and cheesey.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']This show went south after Season 1.

Season 1 felt like the show was going to be planned out. Now, everything seems made up as it goes and cheesey.[/QUOTE]

This. But I'll still watch it anyway.

MjC

heroes is on very very very very very thin ice with me. ill give it a whirl this fall, but i might not watch past the first few episodes.

Judging from the quick preview I saw on NBC, it looks like Samuel will be a character close to Magneto in X3 in that he's looking to start an uprising amongs those with abilities.

Season 2 was tolerable except towards the end when Peter went completely stupid. Season 1 was the best no doubt. The entire situation was completely believable, I loved it because it was so realistic. Maybe Season 5 will be ok. Peter needs his original power back, WTF did they do to Hiro? Fix him, there's no real reason his power would all of a sudden hurt him. In every future he was fine and had his powers....sigh, writers and their crap.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']T-Bag's in this season? I'm sold on checking it out now.[/QUOTE]

I laughed when I saw he was in Star Trek TNG-

001_small.jpg

I'll still be watching. Seasons 2 and 3 were a let down after Season 1, but I still enjoyed the show for the most part.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']T-Bag's in this season? I'm sold on checking it out now.[/QUOTE]

This. Although, I would watch Heroes anyway.

[quote name='Over easy']This. Although, I would watch Heroes anyway.[/QUOTE]
Same, but I have much more interest now just to see what he brings to the show.

Heroes jumped the shark last season when
Sylar morphs into Nathan and his mind changed
I'll watch it if it's on Netflix instant watch, but I have a feeling the season is gonna be just as bad as the last 3.

It's a shame casue season 1 was truly great.

Is this going to be on Netflix Instant watch? I decided to work late as traffic's been a bitch with the flooding in the Atlanta area, and won't make it home and forgot to set the DVR.

I'll catch it on NBC.com if nothing else, but would prefer to wait a couple days and watch on Netflix in HD on the big screen if they're doing that again this year.

Ok, thanks to Netflix and the 360, my girlfriend and I are hooked on this show...she's more into it than I am :O Can't wait til season 4 starts!

[quote name='Rodimus']Heroes jumped the shark last season when
Sylar morphs into Nathan and his mind changed
[/QUOTE]

this will be like a really really slow train about to crash into a car, everyone see it coming, but no one does anything about it till the last second, and it will just be a big big mess

all week while ive seen commercials for heroes i only think "oh god this is going to be awful". and yet im still going to watch and come into this thread tonight to discuss the episode.

Claire's ribs are always coming out like that.

Also, I think that Peter fight may have been the longest and best fight ever in Heroes.

It's happened a few times. I'd say her worst injury was getting the large stick in the back of her head and not coming to until the coroner pulled back her skin to begin an autopsy in one of the first episodes.

I have to say for a season starter, it didnt get me saying "wow..cant wait to see what happens next week"....and I love the show.....weaksauce out the gate.

Being a huge fan of Heroes since the first season I gotta say this is a pretty lame start for the fifth season; Sylar feels like the only character keeping the show alive. Was anyone else confused affter not seeing the show for 9 months and not really given a refresher? Oh and when Claire jumped off the building her head should have exploded.

I'm with Ramstoria and others who have said that this show is on very thin ice with me. We did a Monday night dinner among friends all through Season 3 and disbanded after suffering through that crap.

I took a chance on the two hour premier tonight and......?

It gets another week from me. The plot is MUCH less stupid than volumes 3 and 4. Keep it up.

I enjoyed it, but it certainly didn't have a big "wow" effect. I'm looking forward to seeing where the season goes with what's been set up.

Quick reminder about the wow factor....last year tried too much to nail that factor. We had Papa Petrelli, Sylar maybe being a Petrelli, the round up of people with powers, another eclipse, and more "action". And it sucked ass. Give me a better story anyday.

Just my two cents....

Didn't notice this show started back up again. The thing is, I'm not mad I missed the premier...which says a lot about how I feel about this show now.

Seems like they're still going to show them on NBC.com, will most likely watch it there.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Quick reminder about the wow factor....last year tried too much to nail that factor. We had Papa Petrelli, Sylar maybe being a Petrelli, the round up of people with powers, another eclipse, and more "action". And it sucked ass. Give me a better story anyday.

Just my two cents....[/QUOTE]

What pissed me off most about Season 3 was that they made it seem like there was gonna be more "showdowns" between good and evil when in all reality it was more mind games than anything.

I wanna see an action packed episode like the future one from season 1.

Ray Park vs Peter was cool an all but I want more of that...

Oh...and while Im at it....HRG shoulda grown a pair and told Tracy to give him a sponge bath....just saying is all...

Pretty blah premiere. 2 hours and nothing really happened. Still hoping this show somehow returns to its season 1 glory days like the rest of you guys.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Dammit, I missed this. Can I watch it online somewhere or am I screwed until the box set comes out?[/QUOTE]

Hulu. Tomorrow.

the wow factor is back! as in wow maybe they can make it worse.

Claire goingto college is going to ruin 20% of every episode.

we got tattoo future girl.

hiro and ando saving cats and being manipulated... again.

porkman is going crazy because he doesn't use his power and his wife is banging the pool boy.

peter... oh peter. you used to be cool, now you're just a pussy.

and I swear to god if hrg and niki2 hook up... that's it. I mean that is it.

just like last season, sylar is going to have to save the show.

bread's done
Back