Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Nobody Wants This Game To End... Ever...

[quote name='hdtvrand']Anyone seen the game released today in stores?[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken today is the shipping date. So we'll likely see it sometime tomorrow.

I'm definitely interested in this game, but don't want to fork out full price for a while. So! I just picked up the new Phoenix Wright and have the original, so if someone is interested in doing a 1 for 1 trade, hit me up!

I know this belongs in the "Trades" forum, but thought it'd be easier this way. :)

alright, despite my apprehension, I bit. ordered through B+N via GS (since I had a B+N GC.) If anything, it's always good to support creative, underdog titles.

[quote name='Apossum']alright, despite my apprehension, I bit. ordered through B+N via GS (since I had a B+N GC.) If anything, it's always good to support creative, underdog titles.[/QUOTE]

... so that confirms it's in the GS system finally?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']... so that confirms it's in the GS system finally?[/QUOTE]

It said "Ships in 24 hours" on B+N but on Gamestop.com it says "back ordered" :whistle2:k

I may stop in EB tomorrow to see if they have any stock above preorders. And on top of that, I'll see if I can get the $5 off, since every other store has it for $29.99.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i just got my copy today
found 5 at walmart
its sitting right next to me atm :D[/quote]Oooh, thanks for that. I forgot I have $20 in Walmart gift cards that have been sitting around for a year. Time to use them!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i just got my copy today
found 5 at walmart
its sitting right next to me atm :D[/QUOTE]

I hope this will stop all the crying that it will be rare.

[quote name='Roufuss']I hope this will stop all the crying that it will be rare.[/quote]

An initial shipment means nothing. Games are everywhere when they come out.

[quote name='Scorch']An initial shipment means nothing. Games are everywhere when they come out.[/QUOTE]

We'll see... the fact that it will be at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, probably Target, hell even K-Mart means that if you want it bad enough, it's easy to find, even if it ever did become "rare".

It's certainly a reason to not pay the $5 premium at EB / GS, because chances are if your city has a GS or an EB you have a Wal-Mart.

I just picked up my copy about 45 min ago at Best Buy, Oxnard CA. They got in 5.

[quote name='botticus']I may stop in EB tomorrow to see if they have any stock above preorders. And on top of that, I'll see if I can get the $5 off, since every other store has it for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

EBs should have extra copies, we haven't been able to sell preorders on it because it wasn't in the system.

I saw it at target today, but I have a best buy gift card to use, and those asshats didn't have it in yet.. ugh.

I didn't really feel like hunting down a copy of this game so I just ordered a copy from Amazon since I'm playing Phoenix Wright 2 right now.

duskphoenix21ul.jpg

From a purely objective standpoint, I don't think a relatively unknown game will beat PW in sales. I also imagine the print run isn't that great.

If it sells well, then that is VERY good, cuz I want all the adventure games I can get, being that I grew up with the Lucasarts adventures and want as many as possible.

If it approaches PW2's sales - which are riding some momentum from the low print run/sell-out fiasco of PW1 - then that is awesome.

I just don't see it happening.

[quote name='Strell']From a purely objective standpoint, I don't think a relatively unknown game will beat PW in sales. I also imagine the print run isn't that great.

If it sells well, then that is VERY good, cuz I want all the adventure games I can get, being that I grew up with the Lucasarts adventures and want as many as possible.

If it approaches PW2's sales - which are riding some momentum from the low print run/sell-out fiasco of PW1 - then that is awesome.

I just don't see it happening.[/QUOTE]

I think sales will be determind by the amount Nintendo prints... if it's limited then it will sell like crazy and Nintendo will do reprints, but if there's a large hulk of games, forget about it... though, it's guaranteed sleeper success.

I soley beleive the main reason why PW holds up so well is the cast of characters... It's good stuff but not the best... but if you add distinctive character crew, people get attached :)

Hopefully worst buy has this for in store pickup soon. I have a $10 online coupon I can use with store pickup.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I saw an article about this game in Game Informer... and so here I am.

How is the length of this? Is it longer or about the same as Phoenix Wright?

Edit: Also, I haven't picked up the new Phoenix Wright. Which one to get? :D

You'd be even more of a fool to not get it at CC or BB for MSRP!!

I'm in no hurry to buy a new game right now so I just bought it with free shipping on the CC website. I was about to grab Brain Age and the Beta/Gamma Wave set as well but thought better of it.

im in northern NJ. Hackensack area. anyone get theirs yet? if so... where and are there any copies left? thanks in advance.

noire foreverrrrrrr

[quote name='jer7583']I saw it at target today, but I have a best buy gift card to use, and those asshats didn't have it in yet.. ugh.[/QUOTE]
hopefully there are some copies at my local target

I'm hoping my Wal-Mart gets it in like some are reporting. I have $56 there on a giftcard and would like to use it on this game.

My Amazon preorder, while admittedly placed in the 'eleventh hour' (back on Friday or Saturday, I think), is apparently experiencing a "delay". So obviously the supply they got was outstripped by their preorder demand. I'll live, but I just thought I'd throw that out there to demonstrate...something.

fuck. Amazon.com nows says they're gonna have it on January 26th. Not like I'd be able to play it before then, but still.

Free shipping+no tax=waiting to buy on Amazon

Anyone in Michigan or Midwest states find it at Best Buy yet?

I called, the guy said they didn't have it, but I'm not sure I really trust him. He literally tried to transfer me to the furniture department 2 times to find the "Hotel Desk" I was looking for. Ugh.

Too bad Best Buy is like a 20 minute trip or I'd just go and look for myself.

[quote name='daroga']Anyone in Michigan or Midwest states find it at Best Buy yet?

I called, the guy said they didn't have it, but I'm not sure I really trust him. He literally tried to transfer me to the furniture department 2 times to find the "Hotel Desk" I was looking for. Ugh.

Too bad Best Buy is like a 20 minute trip or I'd just go and look for myself.[/quote]

:rofl: I was at Best Buy and the idiot I asked said "What is this Hotel Desk?" needless to say they didn't have it since 3 people I asked near the VG section never even heard of it. I had the exact same experience at the CC down the street too. *sigh*

My guess some stores selling this game early b4 released date (it's not hard to find). Also, I'll not pay extra $5 over MSRP for this game but i do wanted get it around $20 ish ;)

[quote name='javeryh']:rofl: I was at Best Buy and the idiot I asked said "What is this Hotel Desk?" needless to say they didn't have it since 3 people I asked near the VG section never even heard of it. I had the exact same experience at the CC down the street too. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I went to 4 places and had the same reaction... I'm amazed at how much "under the radar" this game is... people I know that are always on top of DS stuff didn't even know of this.

I was pissed I couldnt get mine today, but glad/sad it wasn't just me. Reminds me of the gears of war release that pissed a ton of people off.

Hotel Dusk spotted at Best Buy in Burbank, CA. There were only 3 copies as of 1pm. My friend and I each bought a copy, so that means there's 1 left.

Don't forget a Gamer's Gift Card at the kiosk by the registers.

woo!

I picked mine up today at the Walmart supercenter at Dixon, CA. They looked like the only have about 4 in, and didn't even have shelf space in the case for them.

bread's done
Back