Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Nobody Wants This Game To End... Ever...

If I kept my original Amazon order, it'd probably be here sooner. As it is, I'm getting a delivery time of Jan 31-Feb 1.

However, last 2 things I ordered from Amazon, even with free shipping, arrived next day (Kentucky to Virginia via UPS).

And Amazon still states it in stock, if you don't mind waiting.

I called Best Buy, and they insist that they are not getting it until the 29th, yet some people across the intarwebs have reported seeing them at BB already?

Whats the deal?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I called Best Buy, and they insist that they are not getting it until the 29th, yet some people across the intarwebs have reported seeing them at BB already?

Whats the deal?[/quote]

The game comes out today, so it should be on most store shelves. If your store hasn't gotten any, they must not be keeping up with their game shipments or something.

Best Buy employees who state that it doesn't come out until next week are probably just reciting the website that they just looked up. Which is incorrect.

Ordered it from CDUniverse with Google checkout - they say they'll send it out on the 24th, for a grand total of $24.34 shipped. :)

I paid the rip-off price at EB.. the girl behind the counter said she had it pre-ordered herself and couldn't wait to play it.

Loving it so far, but I knew I would from what I played this morning (thank you supercard). Ever since the 10 score from that one guy in EGM, I've been even more interested in this than I was initially.

This game just oozes style and the presentation is among the best I've seen in any game. The notepad function is really immersive, to see Hyde jotting down notes while you draw on the touch screen.

Love the jazzy music, also. My only complaint is that the text scrolls a little too slow, but I can overlook that rather easily

[quote name='hootie']My EB online order now says "Usually ships within 24 hours"

Is this good? (I chose the 5-10 shipping)[/quote]

I wouldn't get too excited until it says "Processing" or "Open"..

I stopped at GameStop on the way home and the dude never even heard of it - and then said he didn't know if or when they would get it because it wasn't in the system... WTF?

Yeah, it's pretty hard to comprehend why this happened to a Nintendo-published game. Lack of advertising? Sure, fine, that's their prerogative. But lack of product being shipped, so much so that most retailers have never even heard of it? That just doesn't make sense.

Stopped by my Best Buy tonight to check on this. Luckily, a friend of mine was working, and I had her investigate. Apparently my store actually has six copies *in stock,* but because their system still lists the street date as 1/29/07, she was unable to go fetch one out of the back room under fear of punishment.

Damnit.

When I used the stock checker on ebgames.com for my zip code, only one of the stores was listed as having copies on the way. When I went to that store around 3 pm, I was able to get one of the few copies that they received. The girl behind the counter informed me that it was one of her most wanted games and that she had pre-ordered it herself, after finding out it was made by the folks who did Trace Memory.

The EB in the other mall here in town and the gamestop I went by didn't have it in their computers at all.

I just got my copy at my local gamestore

let the hype begin

they only got 2 copies ( me getting one of them)

local gamestop did not have them in yet

they are only getting 4 copies

My Wal-Mart got six copies of the game, grabbed one. Looks like it might be pretty hard to find once all the first run copies are gone.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Stopped by my Best Buy tonight to check on this. Luckily, a friend of mine was working, and I had her investigate. Apparently my store actually has six copies *in stock,* but because their system still lists the street date as 1/29/07, she was unable to go fetch one out of the back room under fear of punishment.

Damnit.[/QUOTE]
Ran into the same exact problem at the BB by me. I pulled up the Nintendo.com site and showing the floor manager the 1/22 release date and he emailed corporate to see if he could sell it 'early'. Didn't get a reply yet as to why they have the wrong release date...

my B+N order says "Ships Jan. 23rd!" but it didn't ship today.

I'm starting to think this "release date" is really some kind of weird viral marketing campaign...

Finally getting the, "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." from Amazon.

Was going to wait until I got more money, but if it suddenly disappeared for some reason I'd kick my own ass. So I pre-ordered from CDuniverse using Google checkout. $24.40 just about, shipped.

I picked it up at best buy today.. the asshat tried to say they didn't have any in stock, then I went around back by a counter and found them at the bottom of a rack of games they were too lazy talking about Laguna Beach and how much they love being douchebags to stock.

I got it for $25, amazing game! I'd say they had about 6 or less copies, this was in a very very busy area of milwaukee, the one across the mayfair mall. Seems like this might suffer the Phoenix Wright effect, for a few weeks anyway.

My Walmart had none. They did have literally 3 rows filled with copies of Happy Feet, though, so that's well stocked in this area if anyone's looking. :p

I saw three of them at Wal-Mart, none at Best Buy. I decided to wait, as I've been spending so much money lately. Guess I should probably just get it tomorrow if it's gonna turn up rare soon. It didn't have a price on it, how much is it? I figured $30 but if I can get it for cheaper using some sort of coupon or sale then I'd like to go with that.

My Best Buy had them in the back. They refused to sell them to me until the 29th, so I had to drive clear across town to the other Best Buy to find someone more reasonable.

I had a $25 GC from my amazon card, so I ordered it there for a grand total of $4.99. I should get it by the end of next week.

no go for here in the sunnyvale BB area. I know they had 4 copies in the back room but I got rejected just like everybody else. I'm going to see if I can show em a flyer about how the release date was last yesterday.

Finally found one at target. They didnt have the tag out and the lady looked at it strangely. Glad I got one, def. going to have the PW effect for the next month.

[quote name='daroga']My Walmart had none. They did have literally 3 rows filled with copies of Happy Feet, though, so that's well stocked in this area if anyone's looking. :p[/quote]

all 3 of my walmarts had that same 3-5 rows of happy feet, haha.

but only one of them had two copies of hotel dusk :]

Might pick this up when I get back home on Thursday... I'm definitely getting it at some point, but I'm in the middle of FFV now and I'm going to be playing FFVI as soon as that's out... so I don't know how much time I have for this. And I got my investigative fix in Phoenix Wright 2 so I can live without getting this immediately.

Some "delay". My Amazon order just shipped earlier today. Having Prime, I should have it by Thursday. I wonder if this will be Cheapy's game of choice for the throne at some point this year.

Just ordered one from Amazon.com. The early reviews seem really positive. I really like story-driven games so I think I will like this a lot. Now I just need to finish Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow before this arrives.

Gamespot has their review up, 8.2

[quote name='Gamespot']Hotel Dusk weaves an absorbing noir-style mystery with traditional adventure game elements and stylish presentation and does it all with a deft touch.

The Good: Classic detective noir storyline that's both clever and thoughtful; character graphics are sharp and uniquely styled; puzzle solving is generally quite logical; top-notch dialogue.

The Bad: Protracted item/people-hunting situations periodically rear their ugly heads; story sometimes telegraphs its intentions; molasses-esque pacing will probably drive some people up the wall.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']oh snap. Now I'm gonna have to hunt down a copy of Metroid Pinball just for the rumble pak[/quote]
huh? why not the standalone rumble packs, my walmart had at least 2 rows of them

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']oh, I didnt know they sold them by itself. How much?[/QUOTE]

if it's close to $10, you're better off with Metroid Prime Pinball since it's $10 at CC and TRU.

[quote name='tiredfornow']nice av relentless.

Im liking the way this game is going, it reminds me of myst. :/[/QUOTE]

thx, I like it too ;)

I'm scared I won't be able to find this tommorow, but we'll see. I checked to see if any EBs/GSs are getting them in from the website search and... none... not even one order. I blame it on their non addition of adding it to the pre-order list. This sucks! I'll either have to wait till the 29th to get it at BB or keep looking. I'll swing by Target and EB tommorow to check, as well as TRU. >_< this is really annoying >_

Found it at the Best Buy in Torrance for you SOCal CAGs. Lots of copies left. The employee actually dug around in the back for me. Cool retail employee. Maybe he was a CAG! :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if it's close to $10, you're better off with Metroid Prime Pinball since it's $10 at CC and TRU.[/quote]

Is the rumble pak that comes with Metroid Pinball made to fit the Lite, or the Phat?

I got one last night at Wal-Mart. It was on the bottom of shelf.

Wal-Mart also had a WoW: BC Collector's Edition. I thought about grabbing it so I can have 2, but I said no.

[quote name='Vegan']Is the rumble pak that comes with Metroid Pinball made to fit the Lite, or the Phat?[/quote]

The Phat.

[quote name='SpazX']I had a $25 GC from my amazon card, so I ordered it there for a grand total of $4.99. I should get it by the end of next week.[/QUOTE]

I've probably said this before but if anyone needs a credit card the Amazon one is awesome, thanks to the 25 dollar gift certificates I'm getting PW2 and Hotel Dusk for 4.77 (Prime is awesome too, much love to my mother for buying to for me for Christmas).

Should be here Friday, can't wait although i probably should beat the last case of PW first...

Oh and it's official, i am a DS whore, i think this makes game number 16 for the little handheld that could.

Well having 16 games is one thing, how long have you had the DS?

Within one week of buying a DS my mom bought 7 games... That's just insane.

[quote name='nasum']Well having 16 games is one thing, how long have you had the DS?

Within one week of buying a DS my mom bought 7 games... That's just insane.[/QUOTE]

Let's see, i got the phat for graduation from college and that was '05, so since May of 2005. Got the lite for my birthday in June '06.

I think it's actually 17 games since i forgot i bought Trace Memory over the weekend (Toys R Us had it in a bin for 9 bucks).

I could count my copy of Metroid Hunters First hunt but i lent it to my boss and I've got a Japaneses copy of Harvest Moon that i can't play since i don't know Japanese (If you're wondering why i have it, i actually found it on the floor of a bar in Tokyo).

bread's done
Back