How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Thanks for the input. This would be a question for anyone who uses this thread. Is the multiplatform section useful. I find personally when I want to find a particular game I immediately look to the system I'm playing it on, I don't bother trying to remember if it was multi-platform or not. I guess it could be solved by putting these games both in multi-platform and their resepctive systems.

Any ideas/input?[/quote]

Personally, I'd rather get rid of the multi-platform section and just put the game in every section that it belongs (so Half-Life 2 stuff in PC, PS3, and 360). It might make the original post a little longer, but it'll be easier to find stuff and will help when there is a difference in gameplay between platforms.

[quote name='Warner1281']Personally, I'd rather get rid of the multi-platform section and just put the game in every section that it belongs (so Half-Life 2 stuff in PC, PS3, and 360). It might make the original post a little longer, but it'll be easier to find stuff and will help when there is a difference in gameplay between platforms.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with you, I'll see if anyone else has any other input.

[quote name='Warner1281']Personally, I'd rather get rid of the multi-platform section and just put the game in every section that it belongs (so Half-Life 2 stuff in PC, PS3, and 360). It might make the original post a little longer, but it'll be easier to find stuff and will help when there is a difference in gameplay between platforms.[/QUOTE]

I second this. If neccessary you could make a note on a game that this time was based off such and such version.

Ex: Tony Hawk Proving Ground took me 5 hours to beat on the PS2. You could then add THPG to the 360 , PS3 , PS2 , DS and Wii sections but just note that the time to beat was based off the PS2 version.

In most cases this should not matter , but mostly for portable versions , and for the sake of being precise it might help. Also in case anyone asks , no I did not actually beat THPG on the PS2 in 5 hours.;)

[quote name='life.exe']Oblivion (XB360) - 46 hours - All Achievements (including Shivering Isles, 60/60) + a few side quests.[/quote]
There's no way in hell you did all of that in only 46 hours.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']There's no way in hell you did all of that in only 46 hours.[/QUOTE]

It's possible, if you didn't do any sidequests except the achievement based ones. I think I finished Oblivion with 3/4 acheivements and tons of side quests at around 40 hours.

But then you have to do Shivering Isles. I guess maybe if you're crazy good and you wasted no time wondering what you're supposed to do next you could approach it. I still don't think it's possible though.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']But then you have to do Shivering Isles. I guess maybe if you're crazy good and you wasted no time wondering what you're supposed to do next you could approach it. I still don't think it's possible though.[/quote]

My save says "Play Time: 46:04:57", so unless Im reading it wrong its 46 hours. I did Knights of the Nine aswell just for fun and Shivering Isles only took 6 hours.

Kirby's adventure took about 3 hours to beat
It is for NES on the virtual console.
iconwii.gif

Dragon Quest Swords took me about 8 hours to beat on the first playthrough and New Game + completed at 100% took me about 22 hours.

Lots of grinding to get the (admittedly optional) liquid armor set. That set took me about 7 hours alone just to get all the damn medals and enough tombola tickets to get the shield.

I beat Phantasy Star Universe for the 360 (it's also on the Playstation 2) in 20 hours of just running through the missions. I got 1000/1000 because all of the points are just for beating the game.

Through all the cutscenes, MGS4 took me 18 hours. Skipping cutscenes, just over 7 and once under 3. However, one emblem requires you to play for over 35 hours.

Oh, and the ending is awesome.

[quote name='KingBroly']Through all the cutscenes, MGS4 took me 18 hours. Skipping cutscenes, just over 7 and once under 3. However, one emblem requires you to play for over 35 hours.

Oh, and the ending is awesome.[/quote]

cool.
i saw the ending in youtube, it didnt look that good. i mean hes going to leave but not for too long? thats what i saw :roll: but i like the part where raiden is back with his family :hot:

[quote name='uchihabutter']
You are a moron :applause:.
[/quote]
So now I'm the moron huh? At least I have enough sense to know not to post spoilers. Shut the fuck up.

I did MGS4 in just over 23 hours, but I never skipped a cutscene and I was a total item hound. I checked everywhere for stuff, and I even got a badge for doing so. I'd say average would be around 20 hours for the game if you're not skipping cutscenes and you're playing at a moderate pace.

Bioshocked, you're from Utah too? What city?

Hah, cool. I actually grew up in Bountiful and graduated from BHS. Stop buying the last copies of hard to find games!

Anyway, does anybody have a completion time estimate on Bad Company yet?

Wario: Master of Disguise (DS) 15 hours

We need more DS games added...some CAG out there has to know how long Etrian Odyssey takes w/ as much praise as I have seen for that game around here...

Kinda surprised multiplatform stuff isn't in the PS3 section like DMC4. Oh, and if you really wanna be a badass, MGS4, L.Easy in under 3 hours with skipping cutscenes.

Added the new games and did a little more work on multiplatform. If anyone notices any other big gaps for multiplatform games, let me know I will fix it.

I keep hearing God of war 2 is 2x as long as God of war 1 but the main thread states as it being only 3-4 hours longer. Anybody have input. And the / means what? Play through normally and collecting everything?

Anybody have input on Ninja Gaiden 2

[quote name='s00pNAZi']Anybody have input on Ninja Gaiden 2[/quote]

If I remember correctly I beat it in 10 hours (Acolyte difficulty) I'm sure if you rush it could be done much more quickly.

[quote name='s00pNAZi']I keep hearing God of war 2 is 2x as long as God of war 1 but the main thread states as it being only 3-4 hours longer. Anybody have input. And the / means what? Play through normally and collecting everything?

Anybody have input on Ninja Gaiden 2[/QUOTE]

I don't remember GoW 2 being much longer than the first one, so the numbers seem right.

You are correct about the slashes. The first number is just to beat it and the second one is completing everything or getting all the achievements.

am still working on oblivion am just on the part were you find the shrine!
but then again i play the sidequest....

bread's done
Back