How to Get Free or Cheap Steam Games! TremorGames.com

I know earlier Fox mentioned buying TF2 keys with points, I actually do the opposite where I use GabenBux to buy stuff off the steam marketplace I can then trade in for points. Technically not free, but I find it a lot easier than doing trials/surveys/etc.
Are there any particular items you recommend that are a good flip?

Also, updated the OP with information on offers. I usually do Sandboxie once a day to get a steady 500 point a day.

Alert: The shop has a bunch of Steam sale stuff in stock if anybody has coins saved up!

Also, updated the OP with information on offers. I usually do Sandboxie once a day to get a steady 500 point a day.

Alert: The shop has a bunch of Steam sale stuff in stock if anybody has coins saved up!
Thanks for the guide for using Sandboxie, Fox. I'm almost out of points.

I've had the best luck with CSGO items, except there isn't really a specific item that's a "good flip", you kind of have to comb the list (which is a little tedious) to see which ones are good that day, since the items on the list and their prices fluctuates daily. I've found that if I can get 8points/cent that's a pretty good rate of converting my steam wallet to tremor points. So for example, I would pay up to $1.25 for something I can trade in for 1000 points, or 64 cents for something I can trade in for 500 points, etc. Just make sure they'll accept the item before you buy it (if there's a #>0 in the required column) and to trade it in sooner rather than later so you don't get stuck with some silly CSGO skins.

I've had the best luck with CSGO items, except there isn't really a specific item that's a "good flip", you kind of have to comb the list (which is a little tedious) to see which ones are good that day, since the items on the list and their prices fluctuates daily. I've found that if I can get 8points/cent that's a pretty good rate of converting my steam wallet to tremor points. So for example, I would pay up to $1.25 for something I can trade in for 1000 points, or 64 cents for something I can trade in for 500 points, etc. Just make sure they'll accept the item before you buy it (if there's a #>0 in the required column) and to trade it in sooner rather than later so you don't get stuck with some silly CSGO skins.
Thanks. Been looking into this the last few days and think I will be having good one to report in a few days!

Thanks for all the advice here folks. Used your referral link Fox, hope they credit you. After a day of futzing around with the site, and learning how to use Sandboxie and BlueStacks, I've got about 9k I'm gonna cash out. Hoped to have enough to get Banner Saga, but if I did that, it'd only be bundled a week later.

Gonna settle in to your recommended daily dosage of malware, 'cause looking through all the stuff done and clicked through that doesn't get credited sucks.

Thanks for all the advice here folks. Used your referral link Fox, hope they credit you. After a day of futzing around with the site, and learning how to use Sandboxie and BlueStacks, I've got about 9k I'm gonna cash out. Hoped to have enough to get Banner Saga, but if I did that, it'd only be bundled a week later.

Gonna settle in to your recommended daily dosage of malware, 'cause looking through all the stuff done and clicked through that doesn't get credited sucks.
Thanks for signing up and glad you were able to get some good coins!

Your referral didn't go through, but it happens some times. I know it happened with drabelincoln too. If you PM me your profile link I can try to email support and see what they say (though support is the best). Thanks either way!

I find that items worth ~300-900 are your best bet. Anything lower isn't worth the time, anything above that is usually too expensive.
So here is the best method I found for me:

Buy TF2 Refined Metal in bulk and trade it in.

Now ideally you could get it a 1 for 1 trade, but I really doubt that would ever happen. I tried my best to find Ref at .20-21 cents a pop and I could not. I ended up settling when I found a trader to give it to me for .23 cents a Ref. You only get 195 coins per ref, so that's a 35 coin per ref loss.

So for every $1 you spend you get around 830 coins, so you lose .17 cents per dollar. This isn't necessarily ideal because you are losing money in converting coins, but it has these advantages:

1. Are able to convert large amounts to get a lot of coins daily (I was able to trade in 20 Ref a day for 3900 coins).

2. You can recoup your losses by flipping some games in the trade thread. Big games in the bundles can sometimes fetch $1 or $1.5 per game and cost .50 to .70 cents on Tremor. So for every 20 Ref you lose .70 cents but could get that back with flipping 1 or 2 games.

3. It takes a lot less time than trial and error offers.

4. You save money by being able to pick and choose bundle games instead of paying for a bundle for 1 or 2 games.

Where can you buy Refined Metal it's not sold in the market?
You have to find ref outside of the market.

Right now is not the best time for ref trade ins because the lowered the pay out slightly (189 coins right now) and they only need 40 more ref.

I got my ref from a guy on Steamtrades.com, but he just raised his price from .23 to .24 cents a ref making it not a good deal.

You can look for ref on tfdispenser or tf2outpost and also the sourceop forums. It takes some work to find cheap ref (prices range wildly sometimes from .23 to .30 plus so not sure why the range is so high.

So you just have to watch the trade in value and then the prices and see if you can score a good ratio.

I did the math for myself and since Steam charges taxes for me (9.5%) and because Tremor gives most of the Steam gifts a 10% discount in coins, it is actually a few cents cheaper for me to trade in ref at a loss and buy from tremor than to buy from Steam directly. The difference is negligible and not worth the effort, but still a funny thing to think about.

Quick update:

Adscendmedia lowered their 500 coin offers to 459 coins  - not a huge difference, but still something to watch.  

Also, thanks to DFG for the heads up, but it seems that on Adscendmedia you can do multiple DL and install offers if they are in the 408 or 420 coin category.  Usually you can do one of each program install a day.  Warning though - these don't seem to replenish every day like the 459 ones, so if you do a ton in one day, there will be less to do the next day.  Still a good way to stock pile points now or possibly get quick points if a game you want gets listed.  

Signed up under your referral, but it didn't really make note of it.  Hope it worked.

I actually had fun with the TV ad market research.  I went in on Subway and Skechers.  Hope somebody reads those and either is personally offended or laughs.  Coke is the best as always.

Signed up under your referral, but it didn't really make note of it. Hope it worked.

I actually had fun with the TV ad market research. I went in on Subway and Skechers. Hope somebody reads those and either is personally offended or laughs. Coke is the best as always.
Thanks! The referral link worked for it!

I've been busy the last few days so no time to even do my daily 500.

Don't see any new good offers. As a follow up to my Ref to Coin flip I was able to buy DayZ and then trade DayZ for 14 TF2 keys. I took 9 of those TF2 keys and flipped them for Deponia Complete Journeys which I then sold here. I used the money I got from here to buy more TF2 keys at a cheaper price and then I used the TF2 keys I bought and the ones left over from DayZ to buy Dead Rising 3 Pre-Order and Rust from a trader.

After all the deal flipping and so forth I got DR3 for $14.50 and Rust for $8.75, both prices I can live with.

I've also tried buying and reselling keys for Stealth Bastard (Playfire) and Suguri Collection. While I haven't made a profit I did sell enough of each to cover the costs for them so anything I sell from here on out will be profit.

With the 500 a day I was doing I still have 4-5K worth of coins.

They also added some bundle games recently.

How long does it usually take to get keys?  Does it usually go through the next day when they add new games?  I got my first batch within a day, and the second seems to be heading that way.

Also, I'm a bit concerned that Ken Fisher may have sufficient evidence to hit me with a restraining order after the CrowdFlower tasks.

Fox doesn't need to do offers. He's rolling fat from all these referral points!

10_pimpFox.jpg

How long does it usually take to get keys? Does it usually go through the next day when they add new games? I got my first batch within a day, and the second seems to be heading that way.

Also, I'm a bit concerned that Ken Fisher may have sufficient evidence to hit me with a restraining order after the CrowdFlower tasks.
It usually takes at least one day, but can take up to two. If you don't have it after two days you have to post in the support forum and they will either deliver or refund. I've only had that happen to me once and I did get a refund.

The SEO stuff makes me feel slimy, whereas blasting away sandboxied malware makes me giddy.
lol... I do the Ken Fisher stuff from time to time, but it does make me feel like I'm contributing to some sort of ponzi scheme.

The Adscendmedia offers for the Nextup/Useful installers are the only ones that work for me daily for 459 coins. There are some under the site/publisher "One Floor App" that don't work at all.

Also, if anyone feels like signing up under me.. feel free. No one has yet.

http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=4136

The Adscendmedia offers for the Nextup/Useful installers are the only ones that work for me daily for 459 coins. There are some under the site/publisher "One Floor App" that don't work at all.

Also, if anyone feels like signing up under me.. feel free. No one has yet.

http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=4136
I was wondering why I was having issues!! I did get one offer to work, but nothing else works. My browser crashes.

So I should just hold out or something before trying to do offers?

Actually, I am curious how long these take to credit, when they work. I know Fox said that some will credit instantly, but what about when they don't? What's the average wait time ya'll have had?

Actually, I am curious how long these take to credit, when they work. I know Fox said that some will credit instantly, but what about when they don't? What's the average wait time ya'll have had?
The Adscendmedia offers that actually work all credit instantly. If they don't credit instantly, the offer didn't work.

I was wondering why I was having issues!! I did get one offer to work, but nothing else works. My browser crashes.

So I should just hold out or something before trying to do offers?
You can only do one 459 coin offer daily.. might be why the others won't work. Try again in a day (it goes by the time you last finished an offer).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Adscendmedia offers that actually work all credit instantly. If they don't credit instantly, the offer didn't work.
Yeah, if they don't credit at least by the last finish install thing, then they likely won't credit. With the recent changes Adscend has been doing, it's been hard to figure out what has been working and what hasn't. I still seem to be able to do 1 459 coin offer per day, but the other offers don't seem to work as well as they used to.

You can only do one 459 coin offer daily.. might be why the others won't work. Try again in a day (it goes by the time you last finished an offer).
Ah, gotcha. The first two I tried didn't work, but then one finally did. Didn't know that though, thanks. I'll start building my coins!

Oh, I forgot to mention.. you need to install one of the sub-offers within the installer to be credited.. if you skip all of the sub-offers (like Yahoo, Weathercrap, Compete, etc.) you won't be credited.

Oh, I forgot to mention.. you need to install one of the sub-offers within the installer to be credited.. if you skip all of the sub-offers (like Yahoo, Weathercrap, Compete, etc.) you won't be credited.
I did that, but it turns out I may have only deactivated Adblock in one of the sandboxie windows, leaving it active for the other attempts. I'll try again in a bit and see if anything changes.

I did that, but it turns out I may have only deactivated Adblock in one of the sandboxie windows, leaving it active for the other attempts. I'll try again in a bit and see if anything changes.
Adblock doesn't usually affect anything. If you do the Nextup/Useful installer offers, it should always credit you. If you do the Yahoo sub-offers, make sure to allow the plugin to work in your browser, if the plugin gets blocked it won't credit you. Also make sure your antivirus isn't blocking anything.

Adblock doesn't usually affect anything. If you do the Nextup/Useful installer offers, it should always credit you. If you do the Yahoo sub-offers, make sure to allow the plugin to work in your browser, if the plugin gets blocked it won't credit you. Also make sure your antivirus isn't blocking anything.
I always allow, when AVG asks, but do you guys just disable yours while you're running it? Or is there a workaround I'm not aware of?

Really glad I ran sandboxie.  I knew one of the things I was installing was bloatware and malware but wow did avg go nuts and force a restart to try and purge something that wasn't truly infected.  I of course then deleted the box but that was fun.

There's so much shit that doesn't get credited. Nearly everything that's massive points for little effort is bunk. There are some offer-providers where I've never gotten any at all to work. I've been sticking mostly to Supersonic (esp apps) and Adscend.

I always allow, when AVG asks, but do you guys just disable yours while you're running it? Or is there a workaround I'm not aware of?
Well, I'd recommend changing from AVG to begin with, since it's terrible.. but I leave mine on usually because it doesn't normally affect Adscendmedia offers.

Anybody else get half the installers with no next button?
I was able to do a 459 coin offer from Adscend last night after you posted this. Media Player one. What offer/provider was it and I can try to test it.

Also, just finished a second experiment for coin conversion:

Steam Cards!

This was generally very successful and led to a close to 1 to 1 conversion rate. With the new Buy Order system it should be easier.

For me, I checked which cards they needed most for and that had a decent value. I settled on Summer Getaway sets from last year. They pay around 4 to 5 cents a card. Then I set my buy orders (8 at a time) for different ones and once Steam filled my order I traded sets of 8 to the bot each day. Some cards dipped in value slightly (to around 3.8 cents) but others jumped to 5 or 5.3 cents while I did this. Overall a decent conversion rate and if you choose cards at the right price point you can just sell any extras back on Steam at no loss (I did this with a handful of cards that some people traded in before I could).

Here's the link that explains it with a link to the card price list and bot:

http://www.tremorgames.com/?action=viewtopic&topicid=5075

I'm also strongly considering trading in any .09 cent or less cards directly to Tremor from now on.

My logic is that if I sell 10 .09 cards on Steam I get .70 cents in Steam wallet. If I trade those 10 cards into tremor for even .05 a card I get 500 coins. 500 coins is enough to buy 1 bundle game or maybe almost 2 while the .70 cents on Steam won't likely get me an equal quality game. Not sure about it yet, but once I idle my last set of cards I will give it a long look.

I think it's NextUpInstaller in the application header.  It's the container for several of the downloads.  It seems like it's working now though.  It would load the first screen of the installer with express/custom install, but it wouldn't load a button to start the install and enter/tab/random clicking didn't get anywhere.

Looks like a lot of downloads moved back to 500 coins.

Anyone ever get a bunch of "You already did this offer before . Coins will NOT be awarded" in their points history before? Weird thing is that they show up before my daily log in.

Anyone ever get a bunch of "You already did this offer before . Coins will NOT be awarded" in their points history before? Weird thing is that they show up before my daily log in.
I just got them for the first time today. I assume it's some sort of new thing and they are retroactively showing up for the Adscendones we've done that never credited.

^ Makes sense. Wish the fuckers would get around to giving credit for getting stiffed by Priceline, Hotels, Yellow Pages, Orbitz, King, etc....

Added Groupees Tuesday before Dollar Days.  Wat.

Still waiting on Bundle Stars Scorched and Blink Bundle to hopefully get added.  Though I wonder if the Blink games on there were from when they got rebundled at other sites.

Also, last time they added a Groupees before dollar day and then added more after dollar days at a cheaper price.  So that is something to consider.  

I don't think they added the last Blink trading card bundle. They're sometimes picky with what bundles they buy for BundleStars and Blink, but they almost always add Indie Gala.

Did they really sell out of Cook, Serve, Delicious that quickly? I see OOTP up there still. Gonna hafta spend real money on bundle games shee-it.

Did they really sell out of Cook, Serve, Delicious that quickly? I see OOTP up there still. Gonna hafta spend real money on bundle games shee-it.
They do run out on some titles very fast. For CSD it was there earlier today (a few hours ago) when they first added everything so you do have to be quick. Dead Effect also sold out very quickly before they restocked.

An update, I earned 50,000 point via offers and to celebrate they give you a bonus 2000 points for free. It was a nice surprise I didn't expect and put me over the edge to get Injustice. Something you guys have to look forward to when you reach 50K

They do run out on some titles very fast. For CSD it was there earlier today (a few hours ago) when they first added everything so you do have to be quick. Dead Effect also sold out very quickly before they restocked.

An update, I earned 50,000 point via offers and to celebrate they give you a bonus 2000 points for free. It was a nice surprise I didn't expect and put me over the edge to get Injustice. Something you guys have to look forward to when you reach 50K
Nicely done! I also see you've got almost double that due to extra-offer stuff. Shazam.

And speak of the devil, they threw up another 50 copies of CSD. I think they forgot to harvest a bot or two.

bread's done
Back