HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah word around the net, is that Best Buy was pissed with HP at how these were not selling, and HP is refunding Best Buy as long as they send back their stock, so they pulled them all to ship back to HP.

Is best buy doing this on their system purposely it seems? I was there this week and it was sitting right there, sure people weren't buying it. probably gave them back to HP, read BB got pissed because they weren't selling well at all.

I don't even know if it's worth going to the local stores in the morning at this point. If all stores are either going to pull them or not price match then what's the point...

[quote name='kouleefoh']This sucks if BB don't sell them for $99. I bought 2 to do price adjust. T.T[/QUOTE]

They're not going to....I posted earlier that a manager got a memo to pull the current product off of the shelves because they were being sent back to the manufacturer. I'll try and find it...

edit:
According to osugsxr
best buy,
"When I purchased this tonight at the $499 price, they had probably about 30 or so plus. Confirmed with mgr and an employee, they will be on sale tomorrow at the $99 and $149. Mgr told me to come tomorrow and just adjust price, employee walking by stated that itll go fast tomorrow. Email through best buy confirms pricing of the item. I would recommend checking them out EARLY in morning to purchase one." From page 11.

amazon was showing the touch pads earlier but now all they are showing its cases and screen protecters

edit:nvm after a few refreshes it popped back up

I was checking out at the register in a Best Buy when the manager came and told me they had been ordered by HP to send back all tablets. You all know the real story by now.

My immediate hopes and dreams crushed. I just typed this for therapy.

Someone in this thread mentioned a mini Netbook from Toys R Us for around $90. Can you tell me the number of gigs and the model? What's that all about? Thanks!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They're not going to....I posted earlier that a manager got a memo to pull the current product off of the shelves because they were being sent back to the manufacturer. I'll try and find it...

edit:
According to osugsxr
best buy,
"When I purchased this tonight at the $499 price, they had probably about 30 or so plus. Confirmed with mgr and an employee, they will be on sale tomorrow at the $99 and $149. Mgr told me to come tomorrow and just adjust price, employee walking by stated that itll go fast tomorrow. Email through best buy confirms pricing of the item. I would recommend checking them out EARLY in morning to purchase one." From page 11.[/QUOTE]
damn that's 2 different answers. Unfortunately I won't be in tomorrow. So I guess I'll find out Sunday. All good. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

Was able to get a 32GB. I had a charge on my online statement that was removed an hour later. Not sure what that means. I hope this ships. Will be a nice CAG browser ;). Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='andreasdelcarr']I was checking out at the register in a Best Buy when the manager came and told me they had been ordered by HP to send back all tablets. You all know the real story by now.

My immediate hopes and dreams crushed. I just typed this for therapy.[/QUOTE]

Same here man. This really sucks because I really wanted one and the fuckin site wouldn't let me order one...

[quote name='kouleefoh']damn that's 2 different answers. Unfortunately I won't be in tomorrow. So I guess I'll find out Sunday. All good. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.[/QUOTE]

While I was searching for my original post, I saw that and maybe just maybe there's a brink of hope. I really wanted to get one from Best Buy because I have a $100 giftcard so it would come out nicely.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Same here man. This really sucks because I really wanted one and the fuckin site wouldn't let me order one...[/QUOTE]

The thread at SD moving too fast for them to care or read my post. I had one on hold, I was going to head over and get it, got a call at 845 from my rz plat personal shopper. She said my hold was only valid until the store closed and they'd been alerted to pull stock and ship back. At this point I figured getting a price match due to a drop would be impossible, as there wouldn't be a store with stock to drop the price on them. I passed.

Hopefully itll hold up,
Note
best buy canada site had them listed at the $149 and $99 pricing, will see what happens in the morning and post an update

I'm done for now...will check again close to midnight PST to see if any sites updated...well any sites that don't charge Tax. Come on Amazon :pray:!!!

[quote name='mgford11']The thread at SD moving too fast for them to care or read my post. I had one on hold, I was going to head over and get it, got a call at 845 from my rz plat personal shopper. She said my hold was only valid until the store closed and they'd been alerted to pull stock and ship back. At this point I figured getting a price match due to a drop would be impossible, as there wouldn't be a store with stock to drop the price on them. I passed.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks. I wonder if all retailers are pulling the price. I wonder if anyone would have luck price matching at Walmart, lol. That damn place.

Hoping to get one from local walmart with employee discount. Only the 32GB one is in stock though. Would be nice for class and browsing the web.

What else can these things do? I've never used WebOS so I'm not too sure what it's like.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']While I was searching for my original post, I saw that and maybe just maybe there's a brink of hope. I really wanted to get one from Best Buy because I have a $100 giftcard so it would come out nicely.[/QUOTE]
Yea, Hope you find one too. I originally placed ordered from HP w/ my school acc already, but no confirmation. So I went picked up at Bestbuy as insurance. lol looks like both of my chances are slim.

Seeing people's stories and BB showing out of stock, pretty much confirmed that they will not honor the sale tomorrow. =/

[quote name='david12795']just got one with discover cash back and academic discount. i didnt even research this thing. lol.[/QUOTE]

It's a great tablet. Most negative reviews were done before a major update. I owned one of these for two weeks (before returning it, unable to justify keeping it for $400+). It's quite amazing. I used it as an mp3 player, alarm clock, movie player, browsing the net and for work (this thing multitasks like a MAN).

The thing is, if all these retailers are sending their stock back to HP, HP has to do something with them. I would assume they'd sell them on their site for the $99/$149 price because what else are they going to do with them? If people aren't able to get one in store, I would think it would increase their chances of being able to order one online in the very near future.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Yea, Hope you find one too. I originally placed ordered from HP w/ my school acc already, but no confirmation. So I went picked up at Bestbuy as insurance. lol looks like both of my chances are slim.

Seeing people's stories and BB showing out of stock, pretty much confirmed that they will not honor the sale tomorrow. =/[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I can't even sleep now because I don't want to miss a lightning deal on this or something. That's why I'm constantly checking this thread...

I think it's actually great news that all the retailers are sending them back. Now you can get them from HP themselves and no hassle of standing in line.

Whatever, I'm done wondering if I'll get the deal. Will find out soon.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']It's a great tablet. Most negative reviews were done before a major update. I owned one of these for two weeks (before returning it, unable to justify keeping it for $400+). It's quite amazing. I used it as an mp3 player, alarm clock, movie player, browsing the net and for work (this thing multitasks like a MAN).[/QUOTE]

i couldve sworn i heard this on SD...:lol:

man its crazy over SD

If you hear a high-pitched whining sound, it's the servers for SD about to vaporize themselves. The thread has over 4500 posts and 1.2 MILLION(!!!!!) views. It's adding a page every 15 seconds, it seems.

Can't find one in stock anywhere.

[quote name='david12795']i couldve sworn i heard this on SD...:lol:

man its crazy over SD[/QUOTE]

It's impossible to try and reason with anyone over there...

[quote name='DirkBelig']If you hear a high-pitched whining sound, it's the servers for SD about to vaporize themselves. The thread has over 4500 posts and 1.2 MILLION(!!!!!) views. It's adding a page every 15 seconds, it seems.

Can't find one in stock anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Woah I just checked that thread. Ppl are going seriously going nuts there. Also, isn't this a waste even for $100. I mean it'll be great for the first few months but with so few apps I can easily see people not finding much use for this a few months down the line. Heck I'm slightly bored of my Ipad 2 after just 4-5 months and the Ipad has so many apps.

You did. I attempted to post there. I couldn't take it. My post was swallowed up. It's impossible to keep up with the thread! haha

[quote name='62t']Best Buy alone was left with 245,000 unsold touchpad. They must be sending them back to HP[/QUOTE]

Yeah but those 245K can end up in limbo. I worked for a company that distributes Droids, Iphones, and Blackberry's. I can tell you theres a whole ware house filled with thousands of unopened returned blackberry playbooks. HP uses many intermediaries to distribute there products. I doubt they drop ship items.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']http://www.officedepot.com/ Has a banner at the top of the page listing that price so I might check there in the morning. There is still hope! The price isn't going through when you click the link though...[/QUOTE]You'll note that the 16GB is going for $129.99. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

[quote name='DirkBelig']You'll note that the 16GB is going for $129.99. Yeah, that's gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

I know that's right. I can't wait for the deal to go through so I can place an order for in store pick up. I really want one of these! Like you have no idea.

[quote name='DirkBelig']You'll note that the 16GB is going for $129.99. Yeah, that's gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Odd since they didn't sell the 32 gig version for a premium. I bet they have way more of the 32 g model and are trying to make that look more attractive.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']SD ruins everything, I just picture people over there buying tons of these for themselves just to resell on ebay or something.[/QUOTE]

SlickDeals DISCOVERED this. stop bitching. most people bought 1-3
Besides the 2727 code is supposed to be used by the Army.
Your moral grey area contradicts itself.

IF you're gonna blame anyone blame gizmodo/engadget THEY linked everyone too it.
SD doesn't even have it as a frontpage deal.

bread's done
Back