I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sekots']So has anybody called EB or Gamestop to see if there selling them early. There site shows that the stores have them.[/QUOTE]

They've had them for a week or so now. The stores here won't sell them until tommorrow morning... good luck finding one that will break the street date.

[quote name='Sekots']So has anybody called EB or Gamestop to see if there selling them early. There site shows that the stores have them.[/quote]

A friend spotted them at EB but didn't ask if they were already selling(dumbass), I'm calling them rightnow to check it out.

[quote name='kdelane']does anyone know if those $15 off a $100 purchase coupon works with the dslite at circut city?[/quote]

Where do you get those coupons?

[quote name='c0rreia']A friend spotted them at EB but didn't ask if they were already selling(dumbass), I'm calling them rightnow to check it out.[/quote]
Just called EB and they said "only tomorrow" and all the units that they received are already reserved, so no units until next week... how come? Sounds like JAPAN... :drool:

[quote name='c0rreia']Just called EB and they said "only tomorrow" and all the units that they received are already reserved, so no units until next week... how come? Sounds like JAPAN... :drool:[/QUOTE]

Not even close... both Gamestop and EB that I went to today still had about 7 or 8 units available for preorder, and I know of another EB that still has 2 - 3 available.

Some of the game stores just don't get many in the initial shipment. Just hit up a Target/Wal-mart/Best Buy/Circuit City etc at open tomorrow morning and you'll get one. If you're unlucky you might have to go to a couple stores.

Everyone that wants one should be able to get one tomorrow. If you wait a day or two longer, then it might be tougher for a couple weeks.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Some of the game stores just don't get many in the initial shipment. Just hit up a Target/Wal-mart/Best Buy/Circuit City etc at open tomorrow morning and you'll get one. If you're unlucky you might have to go to a couple stores.

Everyone that wants one should be able to get one tomorrow. If you wait a day or two longer, then it might be tougher for a couple weeks.[/quote]
Tomorrow morning, 8:00AM I'll be at the Super Target about 1 mile from here...

Same here, have a target about a mile away that opens at 8. If I strike out there, I'll hit up the circuit cityaround the block at 10 when it opens.

I'd just do CC to get the freebies, but the local CC is pretty bad about not having game related stuff on release day. i.e. didn't have NSMB on release day when the ad said they'd have it after 5 pm that day. So I try to avoid them, as my first option anyway.

What's with the automated message from Gamestop? Do i have to really wait for tommorow evening or can I get my pre-ordered DS lite when the store opens?

I checked with one of the two Super Walmarts we have and the girl working in Electronics had absolutely zero clue as to what I was talking about.

Walmart Sales Associate: Nintendo DS is over there.

Me: No, The DS Lite. Will you have it on the shelves after midnight.

Walmart Sales Associate: The only Nintendo stuff we have is already on the shelves. We don't get anything new until Tuesdays but our vendors were here last week and they don't say nuthin' to us about no DS Lite.

Me: Uh, thanks.

Walmart Sales Associate: Glad I could be of help!

Me: grumble, grumble.

I'll go after midnight and see what happens. Otherwise, tomorrow morning I'll be going to Circuit City first, then Best Buy (reward zone card) and then Target.

The EB Games I preordered from said they had 12 Lites total and 11 preorders (2 being mine). They're going to start giving them out when they open at 11 am.

Yep, definitely going to be another Japan-like shortage.

-HM

It won't be widespread, but in certain areas this will be impossible to find. By July it won't be hard at all. If you want one for sure, go out TOMORROW. Don't wait till Monday or Tuesday as most stores will be sold out. Be sure to TEST IT as soon as you buy it incase of dead pixels. Because if you want to return it...it may be a while.

Been reading the boards for the past week and got caught up in the hype. Just came back from the 24hr Walmart in Casselberry, FL (Orlando area) with a DS Lite. They wouldn't sell until the stroke of midnight and even then they couldn't get the "no-sale" thing off the register...so everyone had to wait around another 7 minutes. They seemed to have 30 or so, and the line of ~10 people snapped up the a third of that. Good luck to everyone who's getting one in the morning!

[quote name='mualan']Been reading the boards for the past week and got caught up in the hype. Just came back from the 24hr Walmart in Casselberry, FL (Orlando area) with a DS Lite. They wouldn't sell until the stroke of midnight and even then they couldn't get the "no-sale" thing off the register...so everyone had to wait around another 7 minutes. They seemed to have 30 or so, and the line of ~10 people snapped up the a third of that. Good luck to everyone who's getting one in the morning![/QUOTE]

I have to wait till afternoon, but at least I have mine reserved.

Gonna sleep soon so I can be at EB Games tomorrow at 11 with my gf so we can get our reserved Lites. Good luck to all that don't have them preordered,

-HM

[quote name='The Dord']What's with the automated message from Gamestop? Do i have to really wait for tommorow evening or can I get my pre-ordered DS lite when the store opens?[/QUOTE]

yesah wtf was that, hey better have this shit first thing tomorrow...fucking gamestop...

I got that message too - don't worry about it. I went to the store today and spoke directly to an employee, who says they will be available first thing in the morning.

The phone message is just a recording - don't die over the specifics of the message. After all, the message didn't specifically say that I have two reserved, and I'm not sweating it. Much!

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']I got that message too - don't worry about it. I went to the store today and spoke directly to an employee, who says they will be available first thing in the morning.

The phone message is just a recording - don't die over the specifics of the message. After all, the message didn't specifically say that I have two reserved, and I'm not sweating it. Much!

-HM[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I needed the boost in confidence :D

I just got back from my local wal-mart. They told me they don't have any...took an hour to get that much info out of them. What a waste of time. Guess the hunt is on first thing in the morning.

Just got myself a lite at the 24hrs Walmart Store in Kendall, Miami, FL. They have about 20 more lites in stock, so get 'em while you can! Around 8 of them got sold when i was there, so i presume early tomorrow morning, the rest of them are going to get sold too! Might take them another week or so to get the next batch so set your alarm clocks fella's!!!

This thing is SWEET!!! I got the new Super Mario DS and the DS lite Pro kit too to make it a complete package :)

Cheers!

No-go at my Walmart. What a bunch of dumba**es. It wasn't even a stocker I was talking to, but an electronics guy with the lanyard and everything.

"Hey, you guys got any DSLs for sale?"
"Nope, we haven't received any yet."
"Are you sure, because earlier this week the guy brought out a DSL, rang it up, but then told me he couldn't sell it until the 11th."
"Welp, they're not on the shelves, so we aren't selling them."
"Can you check the back."
"Already did."

Seriously, what an a**hole. I guess I'll have to talk my mom outta making me go to church in the morning, as the DSL is definintely of higher priority. Jeez.

[quote name='Hollow Man']I got that message too - don't worry about it. I went to the store today and spoke directly to an employee, who says they will be available first thing in the morning.

-HM[/QUOTE]

thanks!

They weren't on the shelf in the Walmart i got it too. He placed them in the glass case around midnight and then asked us to wait 10 minutes ( i guess for the system to update n stuff). Maybe you should have pestered him to go and check again or ask someone else. Some of those guys don't know what the heck they are talkin about....

Got to one of the two Super Walmarts here in State College PA at around 11:50pm. Shortly afterward, there were four more along with a Dad and his three kids. The woman working in Electronics was very nice to all of us and at midnight, went to the back and brought out a box which had (rough count) 30 units. The dad bought one for each kid and himself.

Got mine home and am now charging it completely befoe playing. I'll check for dead pixels before the other stores open in the morning.

I should have picked up Brain Age and the New Super Mario Brothers but figured I can do that tomorrow.

I am impressed with how much smaller and lighter it is than the DS Original/Phat/Fatty. The casing is very similar to the Apple iBook. White is nice but blue will be better.

I hope everyone gets one and doesn't encounter any issuses!

[quote name='The Dord']What's with the automated message from Gamestop? Do i have to really wait for tommorow evening or can I get my pre-ordered DS lite when the store opens?[/QUOTE]

Don't believe it... every EB / GS has had the DS Lite's for awhile now, they are in the back, both stores I went to today the employees told me they'd be available first thing tommorrow morning as all they are waiting on is the 11th to roll along.

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't believe it... every EB / GS has had the DS Lite's for awhile now, they are in the back, both stores I went to today the employees told me they'd be available first thing tommorrow morning as all they are waiting on is the 11th to roll along.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today @ Meijers, rolling meadows, IL.. there was a line in the electronics store when I arrived @ 5 till midnight. There was about 10 people there I think. I didnt get in line, I figured there will be enough for everyone.. @ about 12:15 they announced that everyone who wants a DS lite should go to register 5 and it will be sold on a first come first serve basis.. guess who was there first? me lol, I dont know how many they had but I only saw 9 in behind the register.

called walmart again (not 24 hr) and one said they'll have em on the 12th while the other said they dont see any ds lites on shelves or in the back room

i wonder if i should even bother waking up early tomorrow to check? no clue if these employees are talking out of their ass

^&%@^%#$^%@$^@%$@

Just got back from the Salem, NH WalMart. The Customer Cervix person said 'yup we have em, there's someone back in electronics'. So I drive 45 mins to get there, sure that they had already sold out by 1AM when I arrive, and the guy is like "I don't know who told you that, but we didn't get any in the truck, we were supposed to but didn't". Immediately I think of the Nintendo retribution talk.....Well, wasted another 1:30 of my life in search of this fuckin' thing.

:wall:

[quote name='buttasuperb']Does anyone know what time eb/gamestop opens? I can't find the store hours on their website.[/QUOTE]
11 seems to be the standard.

[quote name='espy605']Hmm! What time does Best Buy open?[/QUOTE]

Either 10 or 11 AM. Call your local store to find out as it should say right on the intro greeting of the prerecorded message.

Info for Twin Cities CAGs:

I went to the Bloomington ghetto WalMart shortly after midnight and was told that they had sold their last DS Lite about 40 minutes before I got there. Those tards apparently put them up for sale yesterday, despite telling me a week ago that they "woudn't go on sale until the 11th".

So, I drove to the Shakopee WalMart, guy said they got 11 in, I bought one, and there were 3 left when I left around 1AM. That was 2 hours ago, so those might be gone now.

I don't know if we have any other 24 hr WalMarts around here or not. Hudson, Menomonie, and Eau Claire all have them, however.

Anyway, there's little point now, as Targets open in 5 hours and Targets in the Twin Cities are as common as Tim Hortons in Canada.

(For the record, mine had no dead pixels -- woohoo!)

So can someone confirm that this thing can actually be seen in the daytime while in a car? Because my fatty DS is hard as hell to see during the day.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Free Brain Age with DS lite purchase at best buy with this coupon another member posted in the deals forum.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_U...deogames/features/isc_060611_dslite.pdf?h=403

It's legit as there's a link to it right on the front page of www.bestbuy.com now (believe it's on page 4 of their revoloving flash center piece).

If it works out, I'll be glad I didn't find one early last week at the couple targets around here that sold early.[/QUOTE]

Aw man, I woke up early so I could go to Target, but this is a really good deal. Wish I'd known this last night.

I just got a DS Lite at a Super Walmart in Opelousas. I ask the guy in electronics for a DS Lite. He seemed to be clueless so I showed him the page that I printed from Walmart.com. He said we did not get them yet. I told him how the girl in electronics told me on May 31st to come back today. She said that they had them in the back but could not sell them until today. After going back and fourth he decided to go in the back and check. He came back with a box full of DS lites.

[quote name='Tricky']I just got a DS Lite at a Super Walmart in Opelousas. I ask the guy in electronics for a DS Lite. He seemed to be clueless so I showed him the page that I printed from Walmart.com. He said we did not get them yet. I told him how the girl in electronics told me on May 31st to come back today. She said that they had them in the back but could not sell them until today. After going back and fourth he decided to go in the back and check. He came back with a box full of DS lites.[/quote]
Went to a Wal-Mart and did the same thing but they didn't have any until tuesday, tried my luck at Super Target and Voilá! Got two and they're charging right now. :)

on the way to target! can't wait to finally get my hands on the dslite. yesterday i found a "mark" at CC who was gulible enough to go to the back and get the dslite he knew nothing about the release date so he rang it up. thats when everythign went downhill....the computer showed a "do not sell" warning and the "mark" tried to ask his manager to over ride it.the manager gave me a look and took the box back and said that i can't buy it till 2mrw.:cry:

[quote name='c0rreia']Went to a Wal-Mart and did the same thing but they didn't have any until tuesday, tried my luck at Super Target and Voilá! Got two and they're charging right now. :)[/QUOTE]

I am glad you were able to get some DS Lites. I almost bought two but decided to get only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back