I like girls who are bad ass.... Ergo Anime (Thread)

[quote name='karsh']I dunno...Most of the PTJ-manga that I've read so far hasn't seemed that interesting. I read up to:

Sasuke coming back

but it just didn't keep me interested as much as it used to. Pretty much the only fight that was truly badass was:

Naruto vs Orochimaru

and that ended quickly.[/QUOTE]

i just want to see the stuff animated like between D and the new Kage of the Sand, and Sas vs Grandmama and lil medi nin

[quote name='jmcc']I've read the manga which was mostly unimpressive, but I was assured that the anime (minus the filler) was the second coming of Dragonball; and not Z, the original fun series before all the grunting. How does a series that plods along so boringly keep viewers?[/QUOTE]
What parts of it have you watched? It's nowhere near as good as DB, but the Chuunin Exam is where the show takes off. The show does very well from that point to the Save Sasuke arc, but the filler just halts it before it can get any better. I haven't watched the past 8-10 episodes because there's not much point to watch them without any known end in sight.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What parts of it have you watched? It's nowhere near as good as DB, but the Chuunin Exam is where the show takes off. The show does very well from that point to the Save Sasuke arc, but the filler just halts it before it can get any better. I haven't watched the past 8-10 episodes because there's not much point to watch them without any known end in sight.[/QUOTE]I've seen as far as Cartoon Network has shown, as the dubbing doesn't bother me. But it's just puttering along so slowly. Seeing a tournament arc this early in a series should probably have tipped me off about the lack of creativity, I guess. But still, if they knew they could do years of filler, they should have paced it tighter rather than a bunch of standing around and recapping.

[quote name='karsh']Wow is Eva an absolutely crazy ass bitch in Monster.

*just watched 14*[/quote]

I need to go back to watching Monster. I think I watched about 10 episodes or close to that.

[quote name='RedComet']I need to go back to watching Monster. I think I watched about 10 episodes or close to that.[/quote]

It definitely starts picking up around episode 11, when there's a two episode part dealing more with Johann. And it looks like it's not looking back at that point, as everything else from then on has been awesome. It was a bit slow when it seemed like nothing was really progressing in the story besides Tenma moving around, but now that it's focusing more on Johann and what exactly he is, it's awesome.

[quote name='jmcc']I've seen as far as Cartoon Network has shown, as the dubbing doesn't bother me. But it's just puttering along so slowly. Seeing a tournament arc this early in a series should probably have tipped me off about the lack of creativity, I guess. But still, if they knew they could do years of filler, they should have paced it tighter rather than a bunch of standing around and recapping.[/quote]
You should try the fansubs. You can watch them on youtube if you don't mind a bit lower quality, since older eps are harder to get alot of seeds on. The series, in my opinion, is best watched in bursts of a few episodes at a time. I can't stand waiting. And, I agree with the others, the Save Sasuke arc is great.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That's an awesome episode.[/quote]

Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far. It actually made me feel bad for Lunge in a way. Though I stand by my "Eva is a crazy ass bitch" statement.

[quote name='jmcc']I've seen as far as Cartoon Network has shown, as the dubbing doesn't bother me. But it's just puttering along so slowly. Seeing a tournament arc this early in a series should probably have tipped me off about the lack of creativity, I guess. But still, if they knew they could do years of filler, they should have paced it tighter rather than a bunch of standing around and recapping.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s Dragon Ball did their first tourney after about 20 episodes, so I'm not sure why that's a bad thing that Naruto has their tourney around the 40th episode or so. It's more of a way to introduce other ninjas from other countries, allow for more exposure for the other ninja in the village, and start up the story on what Orochimaru has in store for Sasuke, which won't be touched again for a while. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes of these fights, which is why they aren't up to the pace that DB has for their fights. The recaps are the one fault of this arc, as all you really need to know about Sakura and Ino is that they used to be friends, but the crush on Sasuke tore them apart. They somehow managed to stretch that into several recaps over a few episodes. After that fight, it should be much more smoother and more enjoyable. Shino's match right now in this and next episode is a great one.

As for the filler, it seems more like that they want the manga to get to a certain point so that they can start working on the second half of the show, but reason says they could've started weeks or months ago and been fine.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
As for the filler, it seems more like that they want the manga to get to a certain point so that they can start working on the second half of the show, but reason says they could've started weeks or months ago and been fine.[/QUOTE]

my personal prediction is that gaiden starts on the 200 episode, just like someone showed up in the 300th of the manga. Plus if they are going at the same pace, the 200th ep should be at the end of summer.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:whistle2:s Dragon Ball did their first tourney after about 20 episodes, so I'm not sure why that's a bad thing that Naruto has their tourney around the 40th episode or so. It's more of a way to introduce other ninjas from other countries, allow for more exposure for the other ninja in the village, and start up the story on what Orochimaru has in store for Sasuke, which won't be touched again for a while. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes of these fights, which is why they aren't up to the pace that DB has for their fights. The recaps are the one fault of this arc, as all you really need to know about Sakura and Ino is that they used to be friends, but the crush on Sasuke tore them apart. They somehow managed to stretch that into several recaps over a few episodes. After that fight, it should be much more smoother and more enjoyable. Shino's match right now in this and next episode is a great one.

As for the filler, it seems more like that they want the manga to get to a certain point so that they can start working on the second half of the show, but reason says they could've started weeks or months ago and been fine.[/QUOTE]Holy crap, it's been 40 episodes so far?! I haven't counted or anything, but Jesus, what happened during all of them? Because, there's been about 10 episodes, tops, of actual doing stuff! I don't know why anyone complains about the filler. It's clearly been filler since the beginning.

[quote name='jmcc']Holy crap, it's been 40 episodes so far?! I haven't counted or anything, but Jesus, what happened during all of them? Because, there's been about 10 episodes, tops, of actual doing stuff! I don't know why anyone complains about the filler. It's clearly been filler since the beginning.[/quote]

Well, the arc with Zabuza and the bridge takes untill about episode 20. Throw in the written test which is two episodes worth, and then the forest of death, and I'd say it's about 40 episodes in right now.

[quote name='karsh']Well, the arc with Zabuza and the bridge takes untill about episode 20. Throw in the written test which is two episodes worth, and then the forest of death, and I'd say it's about 40 episodes in right now.[/QUOTE]Well, that's it, then. So long, Naruto anime. You had brief moments of ok-ness, but are crushed under the weight of Takahashi syndrome. Of course, the manga is falling to it now, too, so it's not worth following the series at all anymore. Oh well. Plenty more and better shonen series to watch. Plus, I can always enjoy some of the character designs in naughty doujins.

[quote name='jmcc']Well, that's it, then. So long, Naruto anime. You had brief moments of ok-ness, but are crushed under the weight of Takahashi syndrome. Of course, the manga is falling to it now, too, so it's not worth following the series at all anymore. Oh well. Plenty more and better shonen series to watch. Plus, I can always enjoy some of the character designs in naughty doujins.[/quote]

So you're gonna quit watching it right when the first of two very good arcs is starting? Seems kinda weird, but whatever.

[quote name='karsh']So you're gonna quit watching it right when the first of two very good arcs is starting? Seems kinda weird, but whatever.[/QUOTE]As stated, I've read the manga long ago. The only good upcoming arc is the retrieval of Tsunade one. Of course, at the rate the anime travels, that's 200 episodes off, I'm sure.

[quote name='jmcc']As stated, I've read the manga long ago. The only good upcoming arc is the retrieval of Tsunade one. Of course, at the rate the anime travels, that's 200 episodes off, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

iknow you are being sarcastic but they havent even had 200 eps yet, you should just dl the subtitled eps, you can pick and choose what to watch then and fast forward through any of the BS

Well, I finished two shows.

Tenshi Na Konamaiki (aka Cheeky Angel) - I watched this as it was recommended to Ranma fans. I really enjoyed the series. 50 episodes is a lot to view in a few days, but I did. Some fun comedy and some surprisingly tense scenes as well. I really like the Megumi and Genzo characters. To be honest I thought the characters were all very good.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=882

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (I believe this was jaykrue's favorite at one time)- This show is absolutely insane but very entertaining. Very short though. I was kind of hoping for more by the time I got to the end. I just finished this a few mintues ago. The library scene wth Dokuro was particulary amusing, as well as the "poisonous insect". Not to metion the Dog of Flanders. :lol:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5094

For anyone who knows anything, was Black Lagoon only supposed to be 12 episodes or did it end up getting cancelled? I can't imagine they finished the manga since that's five volumes.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it only covers about half the manga, it was only supposed to have 12 episodes, until they make season two most likely next year.

[quote name='karsh']For anyone who knows anything, was Black Lagoon only supposed to be 12 episodes or did it end up getting cancelled? I can't imagine they finished the manga since that's five volumes.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it only covers about half the manga, it was only supposed to have 12 episodes, until they make season two most likely next year.[/QUOTE]All I know is
Roberta's back in the latest chapter. It's a good thing.

Suzumiya 13 is out!

It's gonna be a sad week next week when Haruhi finishes. There better be a second season, but with Kanon and most likely the next FMP, it'll prolly be a year till there could be a second season.

[quote name='karsh']Suzumiya 13 is out!

It's gonna be a sad week next week when Haruhi finishes. There better be a second season, but with Kanon and most likely the next FMP, it'll prolly be a year till there could be a second season.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. With these damn storms I haven't been able to be online as much today.

LMAO

I can't believe I never put some of these together. There's a decent amount of the cast of Haruhi in Bleach:

Kyon is Nova
Itsuki is Mabashi, one of the Bounto
Tsuruya (aka LOL-FANG-TAN) is Inoue

2 One Piece related updates.

1. The hour long special is up at ADC-Heaven

2. Chapter 417 summary is out at Arlong Park. Badass for you Zoro fans.

Kaku remains my favorite villain and is defeated by Zoro's "White Fog" Technique". Also, Zoro apparantly moves so fast, there's 3 of him. Iunno, it's just a summary >_>

I watched a shitload of Prince of Tennis last night, going from 144 to 160 and finishing up the US vs. Japan tourney. Great stuff, though I rightfully hated that SOB Kevin.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I watched a shitload of Prince of Tennis last night, going from 144 to 160 and finishing up the US vs. Japan tourney. Great stuff, though I rightfully hated that SOB Kevin.[/quote]

The National Tourney itself is a fun ride so far. Echizen, comin' back from the US Open, has a few new moves. So does tennis genius Fuji...

The Triple Counters are no more! There's the Fourth Counter.

The 3rd OVA is out but only in RAW form. Funny, I actually despise the sport of tennis but I can't stop watching this show for the characters' Street Fighter-ish moves.:cool:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I believe this was jaykrue's favorite at one time[/QUOTE]

Still is one of my favorites and yeah, you're right it's too short. I wish the bloodletting would've gone on for a full 26 eps. :lol:

Anyway, while Suzumiya 13 explained a bit more of a story, it was ho-hum as an individual episode. I was expecting a bit more Suzumiya to be involved.

Also, just started Black Lagoon & Ouran HS Host Club and it wasn't what I expected and am pleasantly surprised. I thought Black Lagoon was gonna be a rip on FMP minus the mechs but it's quite compelling as an anime of political intrigue & black ops. I stayed away from Ouran because I thought it was a shoujo (for girls) anime full of bishounen (pretty-boys) acting gay... and I wasn't too far off on that but it's still quite funny. Throw in a girl mistaken for a boy and you have a formula for shenanigans... which is pretty much each episode. Each show seems to be self contained for the most part so you can jump in almost each episode and almost immediately understand what's goin' on.

What I need my fix for now is Ergo Proxy, School Rumble, & Pani Poni Dash as it seems either the RAWs haven't been released or the groups have all taken summer vacation.

[quote name='jaykrue']
Anyway, while Suzumiya 13 explained a bit more of a story, it was ho-hum as an individual episode. I was expecting a bit more Suzumiya to be involved.

Also, just started Black Lagoon & Ouran HS Host Club and it wasn't what I expected and am pleasantly surprised. I thought Black Lagoon was gonna be a rip on FMP minus the mechs but it's quite compelling as an anime of political intrigue & black ops. I stayed away from Ouran because I thought it was a shoujo (for girls) anime full of bishounen (pretty-boys) acting gay... and I wasn't too far off on that but it's still quite funny. Throw in a girl mistaken for a boy and you have a formula for shenanigans... which is pretty much each episode. Each show seems to be self contained for the most part so you can jump in almost each episode and almost immediately understand what's goin' on.

[/quote]

You are right on the money with your description of the 13th episode of Suzumiya. Im glad it explained a bit more of the backstory though.

Ouran is something I have been watching too. I think I have watched up to episode 5, I have the others but put it on the backburner with Kashimashi, Suzumiya, Cheeky Angel, and Dokuro-Chan being on my playlist as of late. I enjoy what I have seen of Ouran so far though.

[quote name='jaykrue']The National Tourney itself is a fun ride so far. Echizen, comin' back from the US Open, has a few new moves. So does tennis genius Fuji...

The Triple Counters are no more! There's the Fourth Counter.

The 3rd OVA is out but only in RAW form. Funny, I actually despise the sport of tennis but I can't stop watching this show for the characters' Street Fighter-ish moves.:cool:[/QUOTE]
I've got the "Day at the Mountain" or something like that OVA from AE, but I don't have the others. Mind pointing me somewhere where I can pick them up? ;)

I love how Terry has got to be the most womanly guy I've ever seen in an anime, even over Haku in Naruto. :lol: That's just some freaky shit.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've got the "Day at the Mountain" or something like that OVA from AE, but I don't have the others. Mind pointing me somewhere where I can pick them up? ;)

I love how Terry has got to be the most womanly guy I've ever seen in an anime, even over Haku in Naruto. :lol: That's just some freaky shit.[/quote]

Oh, I've seen quite a few that are more womanly. Chalk it up to my female companions' penchant for bishounen-ai (pretty-boy love) anime/manga. :puke:

Anyway, there's 3 groups who are subbing the national tourney OVAs (since AE has all but stopped) but Saisen (they did Eyeshield 21) is my favorite group so far. Anime-Jiyuu (who did Ergo Proxy) isn't bad for a close 2nd place. Only the 1st eps. is subbed by any one group but PM me for the RAWs. ;) Oh, and you can pick up the 1st eps. from Saizen here. I suggest picking up the h264 version if you can (and have the right codecs - I use CCCP) as it's higher quality in addition to a smaller file size.

Yeah, 13 wasn't the best individual episode, but damn did it explain a lot. I almost wanna try an experiment with my friend and make him watch the episodes in chronological order. I wonder if it'll be as enjoyable then.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I know. I posted about it a page or two ago. ;)[/quote]

:lol: That's what I get for being MIA from CAG.

[quote name='karsh']Suzumiya 13 is out!

It's gonna be a sad week next week when Haruhi finishes. There better be a second season, but with Kanon and most likely the next FMP, it'll prolly be a year till there could be a second season.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, Haruhi was one of the few animes that had me hooked the entire season. When episode 14 comes out, it's going to be sad day.

[quote name='jaykrue']:lol: That's what I get for being MIA from CAG.[/QUOTE]
Have you watched any of them? Animesuki has a few of them on there, though not all of them. I'm downloading them to check them out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Have you watched any of them? Animesuki has a few of them on there, though not all of them. I'm downloading them to check them out.[/quote]

Are you talkin' about the live action? That I haven't seen yet. I just saw that youtube trailer. As for the National Tourney, the 2nd & 3rd eps. RAWs are also on youtube now.

I just saw the Powerpuff Girls Z promo.

It's still hard to believe that american properties are getting the anime treatment (PPG, Witchblade). I think it's cool though. I'd like to see a few more things get the same treatment if those two end up being huge successes. Most television animation and art direction in america is shit IMO (DCAU is not included in the shit :)).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just saw the Powerpuff Girls Z promo.

It's still hard to believe that american properties are getting the anime treatment (PPG, Witchblade). I think it's cool though. I'd like to see a few more things get the same treatment if those two end up being huge successes. Most television animation and art direction in america is shit IMO (DCAU is not included in the shit :)).[/quote]
Well, PPG is itself influenced by anime so that one wasn't too surprising. I was surprised at hearing about Witchblade though. I'd actually like to see what an anime-themed DCAU/Marvel AU would look like. In particular, I'd like to see the Spiderman & X-men from Marvel Mangaverse but mostly Spiderman. I thought their take on Spiderman was spot on. I mean he basically looks like a ninja (sans sword & shuriken) so it's not too much of a stretch to actually make him one:

example1qn.jpg

And Mary Jane as Spider-Girl? Hot:

[quote name='jaykrue']Are you talkin' about the live action? That I haven't seen yet. I just saw that youtube trailer. As for the National Tourney, the 2nd & 3rd eps. RAWs are also on youtube now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the live-action stuff. There's supposedly one for each arc, but the only ones I've seen available for dowload are two of them that just play songs from the previous shows and one new one for the Hyotei tourney arc.

Too bad I didn't think of a title for an anime topic last time, cause I have a good one for it, but with Haruhi ending this week, it might not end up being the best. Oh well. Maybe I should watch some more Monster tonight. I can't wait to see where they take it now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, the live-action stuff. There's supposedly one for each arc, but the only ones I've seen available for dowload are two of them that just play songs from the previous shows and one new one for the Hyotei tourney arc.[/quote]
You know, I checked out Animesuki's links. They've only got links to the PoT musicals but not the live action movie. Are you sure you weren't mistaken?

[quote name='karsh']Too bad I didn't think of a title for an anime topic last time, cause I have a good one for it, but with Haruhi ending this week, it might not end up being the best. Oh well. Maybe I should watch some more Monster tonight. I can't wait to see where they take it now.[/quote]

You can still throw up a Haruhi-inspired title. It's not like anyone who doesn't visit these types of thread won't already know what it refers to. I mean even Ergo Proxy's been pretty slow as of late (w/ 13 only recently coming out) but I'm sure ppl in this thread know what the title is about. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']You know, I checked out Animesuki's links. They've only got links to the PoT musicals but not the live action movie. Are you sure you weren't mistaken?[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k I assumed your live-action movie was refering to the musical. #-o Now I have something else to look for. I'm looking forward to the Death Note movie being subbed sometime soon.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:whistle2:k I assumed your live-action movie was refering to the musical. #-o Now I have something else to look for. I'm looking forward to the Death Note movie being subbed sometime soon.[/quote]

Well, you can check out the youtube trailer I posted. :lol: I think it's gonna be cheesy as they've actually CG'ed the moves... sometimes with the ball have a dust trail (like Kaidoh's Boomerang Snake). :rofl:

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, you can check out the youtube trailer I posted. :lol: I think it's gonna be cheesy as they've actually CG'ed the moves... sometimes with the ball have a dust trail (like Kaidoh's Boomerang Snake). :rofl:[/quote]
I must see this movie.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm looking forward to the Death Note movie being subbed sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

It was number 1 in the box office the day it was released, completely crushing The Da Vinci Code. So yeah, I'm with you on this.

Huh? I just read bleach 233. Is it just me or was I the only one that thought

the dark short-haired arrancar named Lupii w/ the tentacle zanpaktou was a girl? On page 8/9 Yamii says, "That bastard Lupii took all of them by himself." Or is this a case of translator error?

Might I suggest doing the next anime thread in similar way the wrestling threads are done? Pick a character, give a spoiler free bio, and a pic or youtube clip?

Maybe Kintaro Oe or Roger Smith?

bread's done
Back