I like girls who are bad ass.... Ergo Anime (Thread)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Funimation's on a licensing role lately after acquiring Beck and FMP:TSR in the past week or so.[/QUOTE]
They've had Beck for about a year now. I'd always ask my Funimation/ADV friends, "So, Funimation ready to announce Beck yet?" when I'd see them, after hearing that Funimation already purchased the domain name last spring, and they'd always shush me and look around to see if anyone else heard. Definitely not the most well-guarded secret.

Though I think I'm going to have to shoot Mike and Taliesin some emails, now...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']They've had Beck for about a year now. I'd always ask my Funimation/ADV friends, "So, Funimation ready to announce Beck yet?" when I'd see them, after hearing that Funimation already purchased the domain name last spring, and they'd always shush me and look around to see if anyone else heard. Definitely not the most well-guarded secret.

Though I think I'm going to have to shoot Mike and Taliesin some emails, now...[/quote]
Know anyone from Viz? :whistle2:s

[quote name='thespillcanvas']Know anyone from Viz? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately not. Most of my contacts are with ADV and Funimation, with a few from the LA area (Bandai and Geneon) as well. Viz just seems to have far less of a convention presence in general.

I got to check out the first episode of Desert Punk and it was pretty good. It had a nice mix of action and humor, especially with his constantly changing nicknames for the large-breasted woman and praise of said boobs. :lol: I definitely want to check out more on this series.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got to check out the first episode of Desert Punk and it was pretty good. It had a nice mix of action and humor, especially with his constantly changing nicknames for the large-breasted woman and praise of said boobs. :lol: I definitely want to check out more on this series.[/QUOTE]
It's a downward spiral from the first episode onward, but have fun realizing that the hard way, like I did.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got to check out the first episode of Desert Punk and it was pretty good. It had a nice mix of action and humor, especially with his constantly changing nicknames for the large-breasted woman and praise of said boobs. :lol: I definitely want to check out more on this series.[/quote]

Didn't realize what you were talkin' about until I found out its japanese name Sunabouzu. This one's pretty funny but the ending is underwhelming.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not going to be making a purchase just yet, just going to check out more episodes.

What's this Peter Pan anime I see on a.scarywater?[/quote]
The one done by the C1 fansub group? I'm guessing it's a reimagining of the old fairy tale.

So are any of the Bandai "Anime Legends" collections that the are releasing worth jumping on immediately, or should I wait for store to try to clearence them or sell them as part of the percentage off sales they tend to run?

One Piece 414 is out.

Sanji owns Jyabura and seems intrigued by Tekkai. Jyabura claims to be Robin's sister, but ITSATRAP!

Sanji noticing Tekkai is cool, but I'd like it better if he leaned Rankyaku or Geppou. Also, Franky, Nami, Sogeking and Chopper go through the gate of justice

Bleach 83 is out for anyone who didn't know. Interesting episode, but the ending was damn cool, if only cause I'm starting to get hope the filler arc will be ending soon, between who the splash page was this week and how it ended.

I gotta say, I shoulda listened to over_easy sooner. I just started watching Fate/Stay Night, and it's pretty damn good so far (5 episodes in). I don't know why, but animation style-wise, it reminds me a lot of Shakugan no Shana, which is a good thing in my book. Definitely gonna keep watching this one.

[quote name='jmcc']Is anyone publishing the Black Lagoon manga over here?[/QUOTE]
I'm not seeing anything, legitimate or otherwise.

I need to get the Death Note manga, one way or another after reading the awesome preview in SJ. Gin Tama's preview was also interesting, though I'd probably just download that instead of purchasing it. Where would you guys suggest going to purchase Death Note manga, in store or online?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not seeing anything, legitimate or otherwise.[/QUOTE]Well, I've got as much of the otherwise that I know of at the moment, but I think Geneon picked up the anime, so I just assumed the manga was coming concurrently.

[quote name='karsh']I gotta say, I shoulda listened to over_easy sooner. I just started watching Fate/Stay Night, and it's pretty damn good so far (5 episodes in). I don't know why, but animation style-wise, it reminds me a lot of Shakugan no Shana, which is a good thing in my book. Definitely gonna keep watching this one.[/quote]I've been watching it and following it weekly, and at first I thought it was great too, but now (ep 22 being the last released), its kinda meh and I just want the series to get over with

[quote name='jmcc']Well, I've got as much of the otherwise that I know of at the moment, but I think Geneon picked up the anime, so I just assumed the manga was coming concurrently.[/QUOTE]
ANN isn't showing anything concerning an english version of the manga, so you'll just have to play the waiting game.

I can't believe it, Yakitate Japan is finally over :cry: It was easily one of my favorite series and up until recently, I've been following it religiously every week. However, the last few episodes really left me with the impression that the whole thing was rushed. Which is kind of disheartening.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I've been watching it and following it weekly, and at first I thought it was great too, but now (ep 22 being the last released), its kinda meh and I just want the series to get over with[/quote]

I have to say, I still think it's good through episode 11. We'll see if it really does go downhill still as you say, but I still like it. It's nowhere near a great show, but it's a good shonen show if you ask me. I was in need of a good ol' fashion show full of fighting after 13 or 14 episodes of Monster. As much as I love Monster, I need to break it up with some shonen action every now and then.

I managed to finally get all of AO's Prince of Tennis episodes downloaded, which is a relief, but I've still got the last 13 episodes to get. Anybody know where I could look to get them?

[quote name='karsh']I have to say, I still think it's good through episode 11. We'll see if it really does go downhill still as you say, but I still like it. It's nowhere near a great show, but it's a good shonen show if you ask me. I was in need of a good ol' fashion show full of fighting after 13 or 14 episodes of Monster. As much as I love Monster, I need to break it up with some shonen action every now and then.[/quote]I'm of the opinion that FSN will end badly with the next (final) ep, but if you're looking for some good shonen action, I highly recommend Black Lagoon (being done by Shinsen-Subs, who are up to ep 9) and Tokko (being done by Oyasumi, who are up to 6)

[quote name='assassinX']Yay Prince of Tennis! Hopefully it will not get butchered, but is still a great show . :D

P.S FriskyTanuki if you dont mind downloading 16 episodes you could get the last ones from Shinsen Subs. It is pretty good.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. I can just tell it to not download the episodes I already have.

I just found this while surfing on AnimeSuki. Prince of Tennis Live-Action Musical. Enter the site and click on profile to see all the actors portraying the characters. I've got to check this out. :rofl:

I have Adelphia Digital cable and went to the Cutting Edge On Demand channel. Lo and behold, it's the Anime Network on Demand. Friggin' AWESOME!. Not to mention AZN shows some anime to. I recorded one of the Urusei Yatsura movies from AZN and they have Yugo, GetBackers, and a bunch of other shows on ANOD. Being an anime fan is good. :)

Not a bad double episode of Bleach. Nothing great, but not bad. Can't wait till next week when a certain Vice-Captain finally makes her way to Earth.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']u need to mention its only the script, i got all excited for nothing[/quote]alright then, I'll keep that in mind for next time,
but to make up for it, here it is, the Bleach 231 HQ Raw:cool:

edit: M7 now has scanned

Damn, Death Note is getting really good right now after chapter 12 (vol. 2) of the manga. It's turning into an exciting crime drama/thriller and I don't want to stop. I love how the chapter marks are done, with each chapter recapping the death note rules/guidelines that have been learned or discussed in that chapter. I loved the Christmas strips at the end of volume 1 where:

Ryuk was telling Light he that he wanted a silver GBA SP for Christmas.

I've gotten back into One Piece and I'm up to the beginning of the Don Krieg fight. I'm forced to wait for more episodes to be downloaded. :whistle2:(

Regarding my progress in Prince of Tennis:

I've finished up the tourney, seeing Seigaku come from behind to win after Echizen pulls off a shitload of other players' techniques and stances to win his match. That was awesome to see, though I'm wondering if this will make him an invincible player for future matches where he can pull all this stuff off at will or if he has to be put into a similar situation to be able to do that sort of stuff.

I also love the new OP for Bleach, much, much better than the last OP.

Well, I still don't see what you're talking about LiquidNight. I'm up through 19 now on F/SN, and I still think it's as good as it was at the beginning. I've heard you only really think it's no good if you've ever played the game, which I haven't, so maybe that has something to do with it. The Archer/Beserker fight was badass though. Except I hated the end of that fight.

After I finish up F/SN this week, I think I'm either gonna go back to Ergo Proxy, Monster, or start watching Black Lagoon, which I've had downloaded for awhile just never watched.

Here's a kickass AMV from NHMK. Cowboy Bebop with a GTA Vice City theme. VERY cool.

[media]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4886526472898348120[/media]

I was thinking about making a seperate thread for AMV. What do you guys think?

bread's done
Back